• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

What the hell is up with that Giant Sal Kar beast? I haven't seen that yet, not sure I want too. :D Looks like a friggen' monster on the battlefield.

Vark

I was just gonna post that Secret Weapon video.

From the sound of it its been destroyed (one of my co-workers is a Sal kar reject).

I think thats what the donations go towards? I guess once your country has enough money you get one of those on the battlefield.

Enron

Banned
DarkAngelYuna said:
I'm so getting tired of the spikes in this game, it's ruined so many matches. This game should be about awesome mech battles, not pussys running around the outside of a map base to base and spiking it 6 times to win in 2 minutes.

Heh. I dunno if you were in the game where we tried that last night or not....i built a wheeled scout with a cluster of 4 spikes, and nothing else but a bomb-layer and a light MG but I took the enemy base down rather quickly with no help but a few MG rounds from Sysgen's commander. I think its a viable strategy that must be defended against. I will be playing that 'hound much much more, as I'm sorta tired of being a plodding soldier.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kobold said:
WTF?????? Anyone saw this with their own eyes? That is uber, I want to figh that minster with our squad!

Sadly, as part of the Tarakian forces, I didnt have acces to that map at the time it was announced.

So did Sal Kar notch up a win last night and the servers reset or does the current map signify that they were beaten back and the tide of the war has turned?

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Kung Fu Jedi said:
So did Sal Kar notch up a win last night and the servers reset or does the current map signify that they were beaten back and the tide of the war has turned?
Tide turned, I think! Now Morskoj is rockin' the war.

I mega want to see that beast and battle it though, seriously. I have no clue why that dude walked up to it. I would stay as far away as possible and hide behind a hill, peeking out to take potshots. :lol

I mean seriously, that has to be one of the collest things EVAR, I reelly want to know how that happened and how you can fight it, etc. Maybe it's the donations you mention, I dunno..

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
The hell? How does that giant beast work?

Is it just on a certain portion of the map and you have to continuously take it down and it's just super uber hard?

Also, I'll be out of town for a few days starting today but I'm taking my 360 w/ HDTV and Chromehounds. Hopefully I can connect via wifi from my hotel!

Sorry I missed the session last night. Really busy getting ready for the ALMS race.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I created that exact same mech last night. I was fine until a scout circled me in a pool of bombs and took out my legs.

he he - tonight i got rid of the antihounds and the armour
and strapped two sets of three mini guns onto either side and assigned those x3 into the weapons com, then another two mini guns (both linked on weapons com) - all with 2700 ammo - and kept the heavy rockets. still had room for a bullet turning shield on the generator

Man - it seems pretty potent! :)
I likes!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kobold said:
Did you get a message?

Yep. But Tarakia wasn't connected to that place (Whatever Oil Rafinery, which was a bitch to find on the map cos the warning msg doesnt tell you the name of the main land but just the "sub sector" of that land. WTF why dont they allow me to jump right into a given place if my nation is linked to it? Why do I have to manually search for it everytime?).

Talking about issues, I've been trying to play an online match with matchmaking for an hours or so and I didnt manage to get into shit. Are there any known problems with the servers at the moment? Worked fine yesterday.

Also, is there a way to skip all the news messages you get upon connecting to the main lobby? Or do I have to go through those annoying donation messages everytime?

**** this game is good, but the lobby is a mess. Slow and unrealiable.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCharlie said:
he he - tonight i got rid of the antihounds and the armour
and strapped two sets of three mini guns onto either side and assigned those x3 into the weapons com, then another two mini guns (both linked on weapons com) - all with 2700 ammo - and kept the heavy rockets. still had room for a bullet turning shield on the generator

Man - it seems pretty potent! :)
I likes!

I have been playing around with the machine guns as well. I have 4X machine guns and 2 cannons (1 Falchion and a smaller cannon). I have the cannons firing together and have the guns firing as 2X or 4X. I can dish out some firepower, but I have yet to fully test it online. Not sure how much time I will have tonight (if any) but I should have time Friday. I'll post my impressions as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by drohne:
just had the coolest finish in a 2vs2 game with vince (not sure what his gaf username is). i'm dead, he's completely out of ammo, and their last guy is lobbing rockets at our base. the time has run down to a couple minutes, so vince tries to distract the guy for long enough to let us win on COMBAS captures, not that this plan has much chance of success...when the guy hits vince at point blank, and gets taken out by his own splash damage.

Yea, that is so sweet. AI is so dumb, you can actually let them kill their base for you, too.

They weren't AI they were human opponents, lol.

Kobold

AI on corporal just schooled me, argh! I can't set it lower, danmit!

EDIT: I won 10 (actually more like 5, but still)times now in row from corporal AI's. Seems like sometimes they are superstrong in their loadout, and sometimes mega-weak.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Kobold said:
I mega want to see that beast and battle it though, seriously. I have no clue why that dude walked up to it. I would stay as far away as possible and hide behind a hill, peeking out to take potshots. :lol
Just get the high ground, dude! :)

scaffa

Finnaly got Chromehounds, had to pay more then normal just to get it...im such a sucker :p

Playing thru the SP first, I like how they build everything up so you can see different aspects of the game first and see what kind of RT you like before you start to play online. its just training but I enjoy it kinda :) Unlocking several parts for your mech is fun to, do you get more when you get a higher rank?

I think its smarter to finish the SP first before I go online :) Wich squad still has some room left? I understand that Kobold is dutch to? Wouldnt mind joining his squad :p Dont want to be the only dutchy around :p

Joates

Banned
I just got this game but I cannot join any of the squads you guys have. Furthermore whenever i try to refine my squad search to American servers it still only lists Japan servers. Any ideas what is going on?

Kobold

JoatesDogg187 said:
I just got this game but I cannot join any of the squads you guys have. Furthermore whenever i try to refine my squad search to American servers it still only lists Japan servers. Any ideas what is going on?
People have to be IN the lobby of the squad to allow you in. At the moment there is two dudes in our lobby, so you can join now if you want by searching for our name.

13th GAFHND SQD

sefskillz said:
Just get the high ground, dude! :)
Haha! Indeed! DO IT NAUUU!

scaffa

Kobold said:
People have to be IN the lobby of the squad to allow you in. At the moment there is two dudes in our lobby, so you can join now if you want by searching for our name.

13th GAFHND SQD

Haha! Indeed! DO IT NAUUU!

Ah man I cant find any squads with that name, any way to fix that? I double checked it and I typed it correct but it keeps saying that there isnt a squad with that condition..

J-Rzez

damnit... My stores are sold out of it, but someone told me Wal-Mart has it... now I'm gonna have to buy this after all the talk... I wanna do something for my country! and I'm a sucker for Mech games...... especially since it's made by "From Software"... I played it briefly over my friend's house last night, I'm sold...

Now my 360 game collection grows to a whoppin' 3 titles...

SonnyBoy

Zotty said:
Ah man I cant find any squads with that name, any way to fix that? I double checked it and I typed it correct but it keeps saying that there isnt a squad with that condition..

Make sure you are affiliated with the correct nation. It sounds like you're ranked with the wrong nation and of course weren't not with them. We're with takaria or sumthin like that.

Belfast

hyp said:
yes.

and yes again.

See, it's just the $60 killing me, though. I wanna save my money for Dead Rising, but this could also be pretty fun.

Also, I'm going to be spending enough money in the coming months as it is.

My resolve is sooo slipping. :(

But it kinda reminds me of Shattered Galaxy, but with mechs instead of Starcraft-y units.

scaffa

SonnyBoy said:
Make sure you are affiliated with the correct nation. It sounds like you're ranked with the wrong nation and of course weren't not with them. We're with takaria or sumthin like that.

Nah im with the correct nation. Double checked that to :p

Kobold

Zotty said:
Nah im with the correct nation. Double checked that to :p
It might be we just started a game or summin! Just uhm regularly check I guess, right now we are playing on and off.

EDIT: Actually we are full, 20 members... Someone needs to start a third GAF SQD.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, we are briming - the only issue is that we are on a different time zone, so we aren't exactly perfect for intercontinental match ups. :(

Tonight is friday night though, so me and the wife will be warring to the wee hours.

hyp

Belfast said:
See, it's just the $60 killing me, though. I wanna save my money for Dead Rising, but this could also be pretty fun.

Also, I'm going to be spending enough money in the coming months as it is.

My resolve is sooo slipping. :(

But it kinda reminds me of Shattered Galaxy, but with mechs instead of Starcraft-y units.

:lol you sound just like me.... seriously though, you'll probably have to dedicate some time to the game (i'm still a rookie myself) since there are so many different ways to play it. so you should take that into consideration. if you just need something to hold you over until dead rising it would be a great game for that. see if you can get it for $50 though. check outpost.com from time to time.... i got mine from fry's when it was $49.99.

Belfast

I used some BB coupons and got it for $40. I'll probably play it for a 3 weeks or so then trade it in towards Dead Rising.

Damn. This game is pure evil. It's AM2:30 here and I just finished some multiplayer goodness The next battle will be in my dreams...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i love chromehounds to death, but if the gaf squads slow down dramatically, i'm selling it too. most of the single player stuff is dismal, and the multiplayer is heavily reliant on organized squads.

drohne said:
i love chromehounds to death, but if the gaf squads slow down dramatically, i'm selling it too. most of the single player stuff is dismal, and the multiplayer is heavily reliant on organized squads.

We're at the start of our third (fourth?) war in the 13th and it seems like a good chunk of us are commited to getting all the swag, which means tours in Sol Kar and DREADED Morz. And that's another month right there. Add in DLC (a possibility? a probability?) and I don't see life in the 13th slowing down until Dead Rising comes out. And even then (yeah, wait, that's like two weeks away)...

Does the GAF Brigade show signs of slowing? Because Kobold would kill us in our sleep if we tried to.

Actually, he'd be fine as a one man goddamned squad his own damn chauvanistic games journalist self.

(Seriously our squad is the MACK)

mikeGFG

Banned
I really want this, but my more rational side is telling me that NO one will be playing this after the Saint's Row demo, Street Fighter 2 and Dead Rising -_-

Mike G.E.D. said:
I really want this, but my more rational side is telling me that NO one will be playing this after the Saint's Row demo, Street Fighter 2 and Dead Rising -_-

The 13th will be with you. Always.

Seriously, I can see myself chipping away at war battles for the life of my 360. Obviously it'll slow down at some point but, you know, people still play Halo 2.

Belfast

Yeah, I hope to get on later tonight at some point.

But it seems like it'll be a short-term stop-gap game until early August - at the latest September.

Belfast said:
Yeah, I hope to get on later tonight at some point.

But it seems like it'll be a short-term stop-gap game until early August - at the latest September.

That's odd. I've clocked like 22 hours since Tuesday. I can't remember the last time I rocked a game like that. I guess it only gets its hooks deep in certain people.

Ashodin

BenjaminBirdie said:
That's odd. I've clocked like 22 hours since Tuesday. I can't remember the last time I rocked a game like that. I guess it only gets its hooks deep in certain people.
Some people just don't "feel" the game. It's cool. Let's ROLL.

Kobold

BenjaminBirdie said:
We're at the start of our third (fourth?) war in the 13th and it seems like a good chunk of us are commited to getting all the swag, which means tours in Sol Kar and DREADED Morz. And that's another month right there. Add in DLC (a possibility? a probability?) and I don't see life in the 13th slowing down until Dead Rising comes out. And even then (yeah, wait, that's like two weeks away)...

Does the GAF Brigade show signs of slowing? Because Kobold would kill us in our sleep if we tried to.

Actually, he'd be fine as a one man goddamned squad his own damn chauvanistic games journalist self.

(Seriously our squad is the MACK)

Ya, we play well together and we really break some hearts! Also, I have all of your addresses....

BenjaminBirdie said:
The 13th will be with you. Always.

Seriously, I can see myself chipping away at war battles for the life of my 360. Obviously it'll slow down at some point but, you know, people still play Halo 2.

Yea I hope so, but at some point there will be other games and times when shit slows down I guess.

BenjaminBirdie said:

I've had the game for a month and have 60 hours in now. Most of those from the last few days. I have no life! :)

But really, if you have a good team with a nice vibe going, it's legendary!

I'm at like 65 hours...does it count time towards making mechs?? It doesn't feel like I played for that long hahah. The time flies with this game.

Kobold

MisterAnderson said:
I'm at like 65 hours...does it count time towards making mechs?? It doesn't feel like I played for that long hahah. The time flies with this game.
All the time you are logged into the lobby I think. :) Plus single-player!

I dunno how I did it.. but preparing for my flight in the mourning I just managed to jam this all into 1 reg. bookbag to carry on.. Xbox 360 system, chromehounds and some other 360 games, 4 days worth of clothing, psp, dsl, mp3 player, cell phone, canon a70, canon eos350 and some lenses... yeahh zippers popped off while closing it but i used pliers to put em back on. God I hope security at doesn't have to open my bag :( :lol Anyways, I guess I won't be needing that week off from CH! :) WAR ON

Top Bottom