• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
DarkAngelYuna said:
I dunno how I did it.. but preparing for my flight in the mourning I just managed to jam this all into 1 reg. bookbag to carry on.. Xbox 360 system, chromehounds and some other 360 games, 4 days worth of clothing, psp, dsl, mp3 player, cell phone, canon a70, canon eos350 and some lenses... yeahh zippers popped off while closing it but i used pliers to put em back on. God I hope security at doesn't have to open my bag :( :lol Anyways, I guess I won't be needing that week off from CH! :) WAR ON
Make sure you don't leave the disc IN the 360 when you move it!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Dammit, I have quite an Xbox 360 set up here in my hotel room in Portland but for some reason, I can't connect to Xbox Live! The test tells me that I fail the MTU requirement. WTF...

Guess it's time to mop up the rest of the single-player missions for parts.

hyp

chespace said:
Dammit, I have quite an Xbox 360 set up here in my hotel room in Portland but for some reason, I can't connect to Xbox Live! The test tells me that I fail the MTU requirement. WTF...

Guess it's time to mop up the rest of the single-player missions for parts.

same thing happened to a friend. you have to go into the router settings and make sure the MTU value is above 1364. i'd recommend setting it to 1500. that should do the trick. the other problem might be that the "hardware firewall" is enabled. disable that and you should be good to go.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
hyp said:
same thing happened to a friend. you have to go into the router settings and make sure the MTU value is above 1364. i'd recommend setting it to 1500. that should do the trick. the other problem might be that the "hardware firewall" is enabled. disable that and you should be good to go.

How do I go into the router here at the Double Tree hotel? :)

I'm just plugging into this box after I use my laptop to pay for a day's worth of Internet access.

:'(

hyp

chespace said:
How do I go into the router here at the Double Tree hotel? :)

I'm just plugging into this box after I use my laptop to pay for a day's worth of Internet access.

:'(

:lol duh. yea, i totally forgot you have no access to the router at a hotel... my bad bro.

scaffa

Damn this game is mighty addictive :D Been messing arround with building my own mech and buying parts for it and its so cool to make it and then test it out on the battlefield :D They did an awsome job with that.

Any news on the new squad since the other two are full? I wouldnt mind making it but I need to know if there are even enough people here willing to join it.

Ashodin

Awesome awesome games guys. If there are people playing overnight, GET TO SAL KAR CAPITAL. We want their stuff.

Anyway purge I'm gonna send you that PM.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Maxrpg said:
Awesome awesome games guys. If there are people playing overnight, GET TO SAL KAR CAPITAL. We want their stuff.

Anyway purge I'm gonna send you that PM.

Sounds good, I will see you and the rest of the 13th later; good games to everyone that played tonight. er last night :)

scaffa

I couldnt wait any longer and made a new squad, I hope that is ok with you lads :)

Name: 14th GAFHND SQD
Pass: X Y LT RT

If the name aint ok I will delete the squad offcourse :) Maybe its smart to combine more people from the same time area :) This way we can always fight at a "normal" time.

Im staying in the lobby for a few more minutes and in a few hours I will be online again.

I've got the game and can be online most times.

Is anyone making a squad more friendly to GMT or europe time zones? I don't mind staying up late, but I'm not starting playing at 3-4am just to meet Americans...

scaffa

Yeah Im in GMT myself (Netherlands) and I think its nice if we focus more on the european players in the new squad (14th GAFHND SQD).

I will be online tonight so those who want to can join then.

My GT is Koffiezuiper.

Hey, quick question...

When I went into Live for the first time it uploaded all my levels and data and stuff, if I continue playing story mode, will that continue to update on its own?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Fallofmart said:
Hey, quick question...

When I went into Live for the first time it uploaded all my levels and data and stuff, if I continue playing story mode, will that continue to update on its own?

It will update automatically when you log into the chromehounds live server

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but I think that we could probably end up combining squads down the line since, if I'm not mistaken I'm online the most on the Brigade and only half of our squad ever comes online. I know that most people have things to do other than playing Chromehounds, but there are some people on the list I have literally never played with or ever even see in the lobby. Then again they might come on when I'm not on, but like I said, this week I have basically been playing chromehounds all day lol. Has anyone else in the Brigade noticed this or is it just me?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
MisterAnderson said:
I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but I think that we could probably end up combining squads down the line since, if I'm not mistaken I'm online the most on the Brigade and only half of our squad ever comes online. I know that most people have things to do other than playing Chromehounds, but there are some people on the list I have literally never played with or ever even see in the lobby. Then again they might come on when I'm not on, but like I said, this week I have basically been playing chromehounds all day lol. Has anyone else in the Brigade noticed this or is it just me?

Che mentioned this a bit a few days ago. I will definitely be on this weekend.

MisterAnderson said:

Unless these are just non players, sorting squads into timezones might be the key.

MisterAnderson said:

We had six people on until 4 am last night.

THIRTEENTH FTMFW.

We CARE about this war. We CARE about our families and our families' families. WE BELIEVE IN THE THIRTEENTH.

But seriously, we usually have about six on at any given time, sometimes needing to split up at peak hours when we get more. There were serious connection issues last night, though.

Fallofmart said:
Unless these are just non players, sorting squads into timezones might be the key.

Unfortunately, the dedication of Kobold kind of makes this kind of approach obselete. He's on approximately 28 hours a day.

Vagrant

Good games last night. Came across another weird connection glitch late last night when and me Joatesdog were doing 2 on 2 versus humans. He would see an enemy disconnect and would be unable to see them even though they were still there and vice versa. He thought I had gone off the deep end when I started unloading on what appeared to him as just trees and empty fields, I was actually engaged in a firefight with the other hound as he learned as soon as I destroyed it.

Bad news is right before I left Sal Kar had taken back Tamala, while we were in Trebizond.

I've been on at various times and found that it's just me or up to 8 others. Just really varies a lot depending on the night of the week, time etc.

Kobold

BenjaminBirdie said:
We had six people on until 4 am last night.

THIRTEENTH FTMFW.

We CARE about this war. We CARE about our families and our families' families. WE BELIEVE IN THE THIRTEENTH.

But seriously, we usually have about six on at any given time, sometimes needing to split up at peak hours when we get more. There were serious connection issues last night, though.

Unfortunately, the dedication of Kobold kind of makes this kind of approach obselete. He's on approximately 28 hours a day.
Haha, you stalker!!!

But really, this game needs a patch for connection issues, and then the doors of heaven will open up and we will be able to bask in the glory of 6 vs 6 matches against humans once more!

scaffa

For anyone that wants to join the 14th GAFHND SQD get online now :p

Info:

Add and Message me online if you want to join so I can go to the lobby. Been sitting there for a hour now and I want to play the game and blow shit up!

My gamertag is Koffiezuiper

Zotty said:
For anyone that wants to join the 14th GAFHND SQD get online now :p

Info:

Add and Message me online if you want to join so I can go to the lobby. Been sitting there for a hour now and I want to play the game and blow shit up!

My gamertag is Koffiezuiper

Wait in the lobby! I'm on my way...

God I fcuking hate 1v1 matches and I really am sick of them. When I decide to defend the base, they don't come and I have to go out and find them. Then while I'm finding them my HQ is destroyed. When I go to find them immediately, the HQ is spiked in 3 minutes. This fcuking blows. 2 games in a row that I never even saw the enemy.

scaffa

I have some connection problems with Chromehounds and my router sadly. Is it possible that someone else could make the squad? I will abandon this one then.

Kobold

Also, I found one major problem.

I am ranked sargeant, and the rest of my squad is like corporal and private and recruit. When you are high rantk you can only 'find' or 'host' games with this rank. So you wont be able to play in 6 player matches unless they set the difficulty to your level or higher.

MAJOR issue, because it makes t impossible to join and play other squadmembers that are lower rank, unless they set to your rank, and unable to join 6 player matches not of your rank.

scaffa

God I love this game and the mech building part :D Only that feature is already worth buying this game :lol

Been messing around with it, just checking out some weapons and the different types of effects. If this beast is usefull on the field? I have no idea but it got some real firepower lol

koffiezuipermech.jpg

Im getting kinda despirate with the squad stuff tho :) Not many folks have it here in the Netherlands nor can do I know someone in my friendlist with a squad and I really cant wait to check that portion out of the game. Been doing those individual missions for cash everytime.

Anyone that wants to make a squad or is there free slot in the other ones already? Due to router problems I cant make a squad sadly..no one can join then because of connection isseus :(

Zotty, I might be on latish tonight, about 11.30pm if nobody has created a squad by thenI'll make one for people who would find it easier to play with European timezones.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kobold said:
Also, I found one major problem.

I am ranked sargeant, and the rest of my squad is like corporal and private and recruit. When you are high rantk you can only 'find' or 'host' games with this rank. So you wont be able to play in 6 player matches unless they set the difficulty to your level or higher.

MAJOR issue, because it makes t impossible to join and play other squadmembers that are lower rank, unless they set to your rank, and unable to join 6 player matches not of your rank.

Indeed.

BTW, can you tell me if you get more sophisticated parts to buy as you rank up? I've noticed people ranked higher than me have some crazy equipment...

Signs you've been playing Chromehounds too much:

-When you're driving and you see a radio tower you look for a Moskoj flag to see if it's already been captured.

-When you're in class you write a list of possible names for future mechs.

-When you think of a mech configuration late at night you can 't go to sleep until you boot up chromehounds and make it.

-As your chewing food you hear rythmic mech footsteps.

-The word "garage" now has a new meaning and is no longer associated with cars anymore.

-You've already clocked in at 70 hours.

All these apply to me, yes I'm a loser lol.

Kobold

TTP said:
Indeed.

BTW, can you tell me if you get more sophisticated parts to buy as you rank up? I've noticed people ranked higher than me have some crazy equipment...
Depends on your squad ranking, I do believe! As that goes up, you will unlock gear in the shop from what I understand. :)

Anyways, the only solution to the problem I mentioned above is if everyone remembers to put 'sergeant' as criteria on every search for games, or making of games, they do. That will still make it difficult to get other players in your game, or find games, but at least we wont have to wonder why it's not working anymore, and can just join each other.

Why doesn't the message when you can't join, just say; "You can't join because your ranking is higher then the created game you are trying to join" or something. Typical Japanese un-userfriendlyness. This game has a lot of that despite it's brilliance.

Zotty said:
Im getting kinda despirate with the squad stuff tho :) Not many folks have it here in the Netherlands nor can do I know someone in my friendlist with a squad and I really cant wait to check that portion out of the game. Been doing those individual missions for cash everytime.

Anyone that wants to make a squad or is there free slot in the other ones already? Due to router problems I cant make a squad sadly..no one can join then because of connection isseus :(

I'm Dutch as well, in 13th GAFHND SQD. We play really late though due to the rest being in Amerca! Who knows if someone can be deleted from our roster, you could join. But making a European GAFHND squad, might be good as well, I'm sure it'll fill up.

Anyways, if you want a laugh, check out how someone in a newspost on Xboxworld.nl about the content downloads for Chrome Hounds, threatens me to not write a good review in Dutch: (in the comments on the article)

http://www.xboxworld.nl/

SUPER-LOL!!!!!!

MisterAnderson said:
Signs you've been playing Chromehounds too much:

-When you're driving and you see a radio tower you look for a Moskoj flag to see if it's already been captured.

-When you're in class you write a list of possible names for future mechs.

-When you think of a mech configuration late at night you can 't go to sleep until you boot up chromehounds and make it.

-As your chewing food you hear rythmic mech footsteps.

-The word "garage" now has a new meaning and is no longer associated with cars anymore.

-You've already clocked in at 70 hours.

All these apply to me, yes I'm a loser lol.

Holy shit we have no life. :lol

Kobold

OH update on the ranking-join issue.

I was at the Chrome Hounds boards, and I got a great answer. For high ranking players to play, a recruit player needs to make a lobby at rank of the high ranking player. Then the high ranking player and the others join, and human enemies will see the game when they do search, from recruit untill the high rank. Higher ranks then those of the high ranking player in the game wont be able to see the game.

THIS IS AWESOME, WE CAN PLAY HUMANS AGAIN THIS WAY!!!!!!!!!! TEAM ASSEMBLE!!!!!

I'm online now and will create the Euro squad. What do we want to call it? It wont let me use 14th GAFHND SQD ... Any better ideas?

scaffa

Thats wierd, that squad shouldnt exist anymore.

Dunno about the name tho :) Why is the other one called 13th? :p

Name it the... 23rd GAFHND SQD

Original I know..

I'll put together a West Coast squad Sat. night but I need to get a feel for the single player first and need to know if they're any straggles left who want to join a squad.

Let me know

DB

Top Bottom