• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Ashodin

Join back up if you still want in. I was just booting the people I hadn't seen in a while. Nothing against you personally.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Maxrpg said:
Join back up if you still want in. I was just booting the people I hadn't seen in a while. Nothing against you personally.
yea, my last time was way back on thursday, when i put a few hours in with kobold,purg and others and my contribution rate was only in the 5% range. i'll never be able to play 7 days a week, so ill just leave my spot open for someone who's a bit more dedicated, i guess.

Ashodin

sefskillz said:
yea, my last time was way back on thursday, when i put a few hours in with kobold,purg and others and my contribution rate was only in the 5% range. i'll never be able to play 7 days a week, so ill just leave my spot open for someone who's a bit more dedicated, i guess.
That's cool though dude, we don't need you to play 7 days a week, just let us know what your schedule usually is - we would like to come on when you're on :)

Rejoin up!

puebla

Kobold said:
i like these the most:

tower1.jpg

948192886_l.jpg

Photo-0045-1.jpg

p7170002cu0.jpg

houndpic3.jpg

SiliconBean

Note to potential employers: mainlines heroin
I tried to search up the 13th but I couldn't find it. But then I ended up joining some Tarakian squad but these idiots didnt telling me they were changing allegiances. So now im on Moroj. So when I can change back I will try to join the squad again.

3rdman

Does anyone have room for me? I haven't tackled online yet but I beat the Single Player campaign...I also couldn't play much but a little every once in a while. I guess I was hoping that a large "recreational" group had an extra opening they wouldn't mind being occupied by me so that I might play when I want.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I've started a new squad for those of us that can't play all of the time.

Tarakia.
Squad name: Less Dedicated

raYne

puebla said:
i like these the most:

tower1.jpg
I have no idea how he got passed the height restriction to make that... if it's even useable that is. However, I know from experience that it'll have horrible kickback on all the upper weapons. :lol :(

houndpic3.jpg

I have a scout with the same forward shield design concept. It rocks!

Love these two.
948192886_l.jpg

p7170002cu0.jpg

:D

KAOS

Hot damn this game rocks! Morskoj is an empire that will not go down!

My squad (which shall remain nameless) is retarded...

Squad member, "Oh shit I'm facing the enemies"!!!
Me by the HQ base, "what is your coordinates"?
Squad member, "He's by that tree... hurry"!!!

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
i moved to sal kar to join a squad, but can't find the GAF one - anybody?

ok found it but it needs a password, anyone>

Ashodin

hound19.jpg

BenjaminBirdie's crazy logo of a dinosaur eating a cherub. rofl :lol :lol :lol
hound20.jpg

The V-SSL - Vassal Hound type, Sniper RT.
hound21.jpg

FOX-2, purg3's Scout RT.
hound22.jpg

Random Battle shot.

hyp

the chromehounds servers have been wacky all night... couldn't really get a decent game in today with the brigade. that july 25th maintenance better fix some issues!

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
First TIE GAME evar!

Haha, we battled AI, everyone was destroyed but commander with 4 enemies left. Commander took out 3, but then there was one left unfindable, went for combas win, but ended up a tie....OMG!!!!

hound19.jpg

Also note my "CAN'T SEE SHIT" decals on the feet.

I am seriously so proud of the decals on this mech.

(Editor's Note: "I CAN'T SEE SHIT" is the official motto of the 13th and will be carried through all of the 13th's exploits, from Saints Row and beyond. It's inspiration is, obviously, the following gif:

i-cant-see-shit.jpg
)

Kobold

HAHA best failed vengeance game EVAR!!

1st match: 4 vs 4 in Village Ruin.

We head to a hidden combass to sneak up on them by standing still when they pass. Commander stays back. One of their scouts enters view, gets destroyed. Piker turns up on NA close to base, gets destroyed after getting some rounds off on base by flying over the hill to rush up to it.

Team of three heads to their base, where two enemies remain, someone on our team gets shot by accident by other teammate, he down. After that one of us gets shot down. One of us kills one of them, one left. Last of our attackers shoots the other guy right after that and kills their other dude, all dead.

2nd match: 4 vs 4 in Village Ruin.

SAME GUYS!!!

This time, they decide to rush us, since their last attempt didn't work. They are ALL in fast mechs, two to distract us, two with (only) 2 pikes.

Needless to say, they got blown to bits by our falchions when they rush up to our base, by bastard cannons, rockets and sniper fire. AGAIN. :

Owned, twice!!!!!

After this, so far, we won 2 times more in this map.

4 wins against humans after each other!!! Each was easier then the one before. :lol

EDIT: other dudes owned us twice somewhere, btw, just for balance...!! :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
bunch of neogaf brigade people on tonight, but connection issues kept us from getting many (any?) big games going :/

played a few smaller games with chespace and dj brannon, and then played a bunch of 1 on 1, hit a pretty good winning streak, and got promoted. i really like the mech i've got for 1 on 1...it's just a heavy cockpit on fast legs with four rockets, two spikes, and a missile counter. i rush for the enemy bases right off -- if i encounter a player, my rockets fare well against most loadouts, and the spikes are excellent insurance if i find myself alone at the enemy base. it's effective, and just as importantly, it cuts out any tiresome waiting.

thorns

Banned
Which GAF squad is best if I'm at GMT +1, and I usually play on evenings only. So probably better with European players/US players who play during the day.
GT is Motorkafa

Kobold

That was the best night we have had YET! Not in points, we got beat (in three close-ass matches by the same guys), but it was still super-fun and well played by all of us! Tomorrow I will show the 13th my new creation! Old mech, new paintjob. :)

scaffa

Bought a new router today one wich was recommended by microsoft itself. So I hope my connection is ok now. Anyone online tonight from the 23rd so I can join to? Or is there room in the 13th?

Zotty said:
Bought a new router today one wich was recommended by microsoft itself. So I hope my connection is ok now. Anyone online tonight from the 23rd so I can join to? Or is there room in the 13th?

I'll be on later, I assume anyone can accept applications?

Zotty said:

We've got spots in the 13th.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The multiplayer is certainly sounding appealing afterall...

I visited my family yesterday and it turns out that my younger sister has been playing tons of Chromehounds online and absolutely loves it. Just hearing about some of the scenarios really made me want to try it. I'll have to consider it...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
drohne said:
bunch of neogaf brigade people on tonight, but connection issues kept us from getting many (any?) big games going :/

played a few smaller games with chespace and dj brannon, and then played a bunch of 1 on 1, hit a pretty good winning streak, and got promoted. i really like the mech i've got for 1 on 1...it's just a heavy cockpit on fast legs with four rockets, two spikes, and a missile counter. i rush for the enemy bases right off -- if i encounter a player, my rockets fare well against most loadouts, and the spikes are excellent insurance if i find myself alone at the enemy base. it's effective, and just as importantly, it cuts out any tiresome waiting.

I will be on at 930 EST tonight. Had several family events and an NCAA Football GAF league game to play last night.

NeoGAF Brigade members: PM me if you will be on at 9:30EST tonight. Perhaps we can set up some 4-6 player matches and try some of the things with scouts we were trying last week. I am determined to be more than a recruit before this week is over. :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I'll be on tonight for the NeoGaf Brigade after work....which is usually around 6-7 PST. Hopefully it we won't have all those damn connection issues like we had last night.

Yeah. I tried to connect around 10:15 last night and it kept saying, "Connecting". I could not even get into our lobby.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
dark10x said:

I visited my family yesterday and it turns out that my younger sister has been playing tons of Chromehounds online and absolutely loves it. Just hearing about some of the scenarios really made me want to try it. I'll have to consider it...

Wellllll look who's gonna give this a second chance... :)

Dude, seriously, this game is multiplayer crack. Even if you just play vs. A.I. on a higher difficulty, this game is a ton of fun. The mech combat is intense as shit and the customization is off the hook. In fact, the customization is like a meta-game in and of itself... so many factors to consider. For as many variables as there are in the customization aspect, I'm shocked From Software got this game as balanced as it is.

Having put in 63 hours into the game online, I've seen folks use all manner of hounds with success -- fast ones with nothing but wheels and a cluster of machine guns and rockets, to slow multi-legged howitzer bitches who rain down death from afar. As soon as I think one particular loadout or style of mech has taken the popular trend because it's easy to exploit, I see folks use the diametric extreme and destroy us in ways I didn't think possible.

One thing I'm really looking into is the heavy gunner. We played against a team with an excellent heavy gunner last night and he owned us good from the top of a mountain. We couldn't even get close to him as he pounded, softened, and suppressed us for his teammates to come in for the kill.

Anyway, glad to see you're going to give this game a chance.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Personally I am still stuck on the single player, a bit of an obsession getting all the S ratings. getting to know all the different style of mechs

thorns

Banned
dark10x said:

the graphics seem to be 60fps as well (either that or they're really smooth)

I was just looking over some of the achievements in the game and was wondering if stats like # of hounds killed and # of COMBAS captured in single player count toward medals. Anyone know?

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I was just looking over some of the achievements in the game and was wondering if stats like # of hounds killed and # of COMBAS captured in single player count toward medals. Anyone know?

That I don't know. But I know I'm close on the first and have gotten the second on lock just from the multi. SP would constitute about .05% of those tallies for most folk.

scaffa

BenjaminBirdie said:
We've got spots in the 13th.

Nice, 13th is still Tarakia right? Can someone from that squad yell when they are online? This new router better not fail on me :) just had three DM matches that went quite smooth.

All this for Chromehounds:

3 Month Xbox Live 19,99 euro
Chromehounds 62,99 euro
Netgear Router 89,99 euro

Wallet am cry :'(

Vark

If you guys are having connection issues or router problems try a few things:

1) Turn off UPnP in your router menus
2) See if you can statically assign IP addresses to individual devices. Usually this means you can type in the MAC address of your 360 and anytime your 360 wants an IP address from the router, it always gets the same one that you want it to have.
3) providing you can do 2, assign that IP address as your routers DMZ host. This will basically let your 360 bypass the firewall.

If you're having server issues, can't be seen by some people or can't do a private chat with some people, this will usually fix it and should improve your connections overall.

I only had a limited chance to play over the weekend, so I spent some time finishing up the Story Mode. I believe I have one mission to go on the Scout missions, and I'm done. Then I should have all the parts from Story Mode and can get back to working on the online mode and joining you guys again. I also need to spend some time in the garage building some new mechs as well. My main one is fine and I like it's fire power, but I think there are some other configurations I need to explore.

Zotty said:
Nice, 13th is still Tarakia right? Can someone from that squad yell when they are online? This new router better not fail on me :) just had three DM matches that went quite smooth.

All this for Chromehounds:

3 Month Xbox Live 19,99 euro
Chromehounds 62,99 euro
Netgear Router 89,99 euro

Wallet am cry :'(

We defected to Sol Kar to go shopping last time I was on. If that war ended, though, we might have already moved onto to Morskoj.

RaYne is on right now, and I'll probably be on around 2:30/3:00 EST.

Also, I hate to say it, but I've ditched my router in favor of Chromehounds. It was just too much of a hassle. Do you still have the box?

Not being able to check GAF while I'm online is a small price to pay.

:D

IJoel

Vark said:
If you guys are having connection issues or router problems try a few things:

1) Turn off UPnP in your router menus
2) See if you can statically assign IP addresses to individual devices. Usually this means you can type in the MAC address of your 360 and anytime your 360 wants an IP address from the router, it always gets the same one that you want it to have.
3) providing you can do 2, assign that IP address as your routers DMZ host. This will basically let your 360 bypass the firewall.

If you're having server issues, can't be seen by some people or can't do a private chat with some people, this will usually fix it and should improve your connections overall.

I wonder if I have UPnP enabled. My problem seems to occur only when connection to an actual match. I am able to connect online, but if I try joining a match, I get a disconnect notice from the game. That said, I have the 360 assigned IP as a DMZ host.

Of course, when I disconnect the router, I have no trouble joining a game.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
We need to schedule an exibition 13th vs. NeoGAF Brigade free battle sometime.

After my teammates went to bed last night, I stayed up till 4:30am playing free battles with random folks online. It's basically a good testing ground for various mech tweakings. I learned quite a bit just fighting humans, and also learned about my own mech's weaknesses during long range and close quarters combat.

I suggest you guys just go out there and do some deathmatch (with respawns) to practice the actual dexterity required to be a good hound pilot and to research loadouts, of course.

Too bad I'm not in the press anymore, as I would've loved to do a follow-up story on Chromehounds -- talk to Sega, From Soft, and all those involved to get the making-of drama and how the game could have gone so terribly wrong in so many ways but turned out an amazing product for a very hungry (and hopefully sustaining) niche.

Top Bottom