• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

chespace said:
We need to schedule an exibition 13th vs. NeoGAF Brigade free battle sometime.

We were thinking the same thing yesterday. I'm predicting that within a few weeks, assuming the interest is still there (I expect it to be) one squad will be swallowing up the other.

Now, I know we've got the best decals, but we'll see what happens. :D I think a solid group of 20 would be pretty unstoppable a few weeks from now, maybe even put those insane Gold level achievements within our reach.

Then again, interest might just keep expanding exponentially (it appears to be doing so) and the people who are just getting into it now will be as committed as lifers like Max and Kobold (and to a lesser extent Purge and myself) by the end of this week. Silver is already well on his way and I see Rayne plugging away at the war all by himself right now.

It's quite possible that we never even get a chance to consolidate the groups, as interest in the game continues to increase as doubter after doubter is shown the light.

scaffa

So the 13th is now Sal Kar or Morskoj? Need to know for sure since otherwise I need to wait 2 weeks again :)

Just had a funny DM match :) Someone was using quite a tactic. He had a mortar on this mech with a smoke bomb and continued to stay into that area. It drove me nuts lol :) I also think he equipped a few spikes because he really hit me hard a few times :(

raYne

Zotty said:
So the 13th is now Sal Kar or Morskoj? Need to know for sure since otherwise I need to wait 2 weeks again :)
Sal Kar for the time being. The plan is to give people a chance to grab all the Sal Kar parts they want in the store... Then we'll switch over to Morskoj at the end of the war and grab all the parts we want from them.

After that, we head back home to good ol' Tarakia and build our uber hounds.

FOR TARAKIA!!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
The Brigade has never been anything but Tarakia, but I had a thought last night that we should try other nations if only to own their weapons and equipment.

And yes, I agree, we should consolidate at some point. Maybe my squad doesn't keep the same hours but it seems I only ever play with 6 or 7 other people when we have a full squad of 20.

chespace said:
The Brigade has never been anything but Tarakia, but I had a thought last night that we should try other nations if only to own their weapons and equipment.

And yes, I agree, we should consolidate at some point. Maybe my squad doesn't keep the same hours but it seems I only ever play with 6 or 7 other people when we have a full squad of 20.

That's pretty much our situation. Although like I said, the new guys seem to be stepping up a lot more. Silver went from zero to hero in about half a day.

Jeff-DSA

chespace said:

I'm on there, but it seems we've been missing each other lately. The first few days we seemed to be a bit more in sync with our play times, maybe I need to start logging on later.

*just sitting here at work thinking about Chromehounds*

This game is ruining my productivity here. Thank god the pathologist is out for meetings today so no one can catch me daydreaming. :p

chespace

Hitler Stole My Potato said:

This game is ruining my productivity here. Thank god the pathologist is out for meetings today so no one can catch me daydreaming. :p

Man, seriously. Never played WoW, but again, now I think I know what it must feel like to be this addicted to a game (and a console game, no less).

Half of my day dreams are just Chromehounds strategies and different weapon combinations and mech builds. What I basically need to do is devise the perfect loadout/hound for every type of map -- close quarters urban, medium range, mountainous, etc. It's becoming more and more apparent that having just 1 well balanced mech just isn't going to cut it anymore.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson

I had no idea you were in medicine as well. Strangely enough, I have been waiting on a pathologist to call me back. Weird.

Will you be on tonight? Are you in the NeoGAF Brigade?

Che, I am working on a scout in addition to the 3 other configs I have going. There is something thrilling about zipping over to the enemy bases and having them fire at you like mad while you call out their base location.

Ashodin

Yeah, I'm really pissed off about the Sal Kar secret weapon, because I got disconnected or something when my squad went and fought it without me, instead of waiting.

But I forgive them, I must always forgive my squad mates, since the Leader can never hold a grudge against his own crew!

Maxrpg said:
Yeah, I'm really pissed off about the Sal Kar secret weapon, because I got disconnected or something when my squad went and fought it without me, instead of waiting.

But I forgive them, I must always forgive my squad mates, since the Leader can never hold a grudge against his own crew!

Last war's over. Are we headed out to Marky Mark now?

Goddamnit, I'm still having the voice chat problem. I can't hear or talk to anyone in the game, even in Free Battles. Headset works fine when sending voice messages to Friends from the GamerCard.

Any tips?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
everytime i search... no matter what i enter it will look for rookie and japan

even though i specifically say AMERICA and ANY rank

grr

Someone from the squad you're searching for has to be in the lobby, Dopey. Otherwise nothing will show up.

Really goofy, imo.

Someone from the 13th get online so Dopey can get in.

DopeyFish

Someone from the squad you're searching for has to be in the lobby, Dopey. Otherwise nothing will show up.

Really goofy, imo.

Someone from the 13th get online so Dopey can get in.

well now that makes some sort of odd sense :p

GashPrex said:
I thought you had to wait 2 weeks? maybe i misunderstood

I will be on tonight, hopefully join the 13th

If you're not in a squad. Or maybe it even works if you're in a squad, basically at the end of every war, you can switch. I'm not sure if only squad leaders can make the change or any squadless player can too. And the way wars have been going, they basically only last a day. I guess the two week limit is if by some miracle a war actually lasted longer than that.

DopeyFish said:
looks like blackhawk ran away without accepting my application

You need two approvals and (unfortunately) have to wait for them. I can't get on tonight until later, but I'd solicit a meeting time for you to apply if you're currently Sol Karrin it.

DopeyFish

soon the sol kar capital will be under attack! the dudes at the top are rampaging! we need to recruit the women! the children! me! our control is slipping!

raYne

BenjaminBirdie said:
You need two approvals and (unfortunately) have to wait for them. I can't get on tonight until later, but I'd solicit a meeting time for you to apply if you're currently Sol Karrin it.
I'm surprised as hell that Mirik (Kobold) isn't online yet... I'm scared...

I'll jump on and accept the application for ya Dopey. Or at least half of it. :p

Unfortunately, I can't stay since I'm have some construction going on at my house. Having a jackhammer going that periodically trips your breakers isn't really good for gaming. :/ :lol

My apologies to my 13th squadmates - my voice chat is still not working. So I think I'll stay out of the action until I get it fixed.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
gettergooey said:
My apologies to my 13th squadmates - my voice chat is still not working. So I think I'll stay out of the action until I get it fixed.
Ouch!! I thought you fell asleep at the wheel of your mech! :lol

This is a bug BTW, my mike not working either in this game... I took out my old Xbox communicator to make it work

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
re: voice bug - i have to unplug and replug my communicator after every battle, else no one can hear me.

played two games last night and lost both absolutely pathetically.

Not sure what the deal is, but as i'm playing 1 on 1's i lose the calming influence of my two wingmen/women.

I just end up bombing forward instead of 'playing' the opponents like we do as a team, and the inevitability as a straight up ass whuppin'.

and shit, i just realised, i get out of work and get home and there will be no CH for me - maintenance from 6pm - i guess it's only a couple of hours, but damn. :(

DCharlie said:
re: voice bug - i have to unplug and replug my communicator after every battle, else no one can hear me.

played two games last night and lost both absolutely pathetically.

Not sure what the deal is, but as i'm playing 1 on 1's i lose the calming influence of my two wingmen/women.

I just end up bombing forward instead of 'playing' the opponents like we do as a team, and the inevitability as a straight up ass whuppin'.

and shit, i just realised, i get out of work and get home and there will be no CH for me - maintenance from 6pm - i guess it's only a couple of hours, but damn. :(

I thought that was the 25th??

DenogginizerOS said:
I had no idea you were in medicine as well. Strangely enough, I have been waiting on a pathologist to call me back. Weird.

Will you be on tonight? Are you in the NeoGAF Brigade?

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier.:p

Yeah, I work for the LabCorp laboratory here in Seattle. I used to work in the forensic section but now I'm the in PCR HLA department, which deals in stem cell and bone marrow transplants. Pretty interesting work I suppose but I kinda miss my old bench job in forensics sometimes.

And yes, I'm in the NeoGAF Brigade. I'll be on probably within the hour or so.

chespace

Sorry guys, I can't make 9:30EST since I didn't bring it to work.

I'm heading out now though so I'll try to catch up with you guys when I get home.

At least we didn't lose those 2 matches when I was silent. :) But not being able to hear/chat is absolutely crippling.

Was yours at least working in the Lobby? I couldn't even hear anyone there or anywhere in the game, basically. I did read about plugging and unplugging the mic during battle, I'll try that later. Or maybe I'll just pick up a used Xbox1 headset.

It's kind of a bummer since everything was working perfectly till now.

BTW, I used to be a staunch anti-Xbox guy, but I got the 360 just for this game and it's definitely worth it. This dog is definitely eating crow. I'm probably going to pick up Fight Night 3, since I like the demo a whole lot.

DCharlie

Chromehounds has made lots of people eat crow. Don't worry about it.

here's the thing, it's a japanese made game, it's japanese through and through, it's good looking (most of the time), it involves freaking robots...

i go to aki
and i see a gang of 20+ people crowding around a X360 demo booth (this usually only happens when it's running a video of the SD gundam game)
i think "that has to be Chromehound lust"
but no
it was Shutoko Battle

good news i guess, but the few demo stands playing CH/CH movies were ignored. :/

saying that, Tokyopia have routinelly abused the japanese teams :) although we got gibbed by an Italian team quite badly :(

chespace

DCharlie said:
here's the thing, it's a japanese made game, it's japanese through and through, it's good looking (most of the time), it involves freaking robots...

i go to aki
and i see a gang of 20+ people crowding around a X360 demo booth (this usually only happens when it's running a video of the SD gundam game)
i think "that has to be Chromehound lust"
but no
it was Shutoko Battle

good news i guess, but the few demo stands playing CH/CH movies were ignored. :/

saying that, Tokyopia have routinelly abused the japanese teams :) although we got gibbed by an Italian team quite badly :(

Yoge FTL (regarding the 360 platform, that is).

But wtf, that is very strange. Maybe they just aren't into walking tanks but prefer the nonsensical elegance of Gundam Wing?

Gah! More connection problems tonight. I hope to god they fix some of the issues tomorrow. I love the game (when it's up and running) and I like shootin' the shit with you guys but it really needs to be more stable. We shouldn't be having all these damned dropped games.

That one match of free for all that we got going was pretty fun though.

I might try to jump back on in a couple of hours.

DCharlie

Yoge FTL (regarding the 360 platform, that is).

actually, SHBX looks pretty nice , it looks like the most accurate version of going around the highways of Tokyo ever... erm... which i assume appeals to the Japanese.

But wtf, that is very strange. Maybe they just aren't into walking tanks but prefer the nonsensical elegance of Gundam Wing?

The Japanese - the only way to fool them is to put the X360 in a PS3 case , get them excited and then bait and switch!

;)

Treo360

Another great night guys, it was fun having a Mech that was just as slow as me for a change!:lol

Looks as if Dopeyfish might take the Heavy Gunner role, and since I just got the Medal for my chasis, next will be the Biped, but I have this affliction for Large guns . . .grrrrr

Later 13th

Rookies you fought great too!

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Treo360 said:
Another great night guys, it was fun having a Mech that was just as slow as me for a change!:lol

Looks as if Dopeyfish might take the Heavy Gunner role, and since I just got the Medal for my chasis, next will be the Biped, but I have this affliction for Large guns . . .grrrrr

Later 13th

Rookies you fought great too!
All rookies are mega-talented. DopeyFish got some sweet kills with that barrage of rockets, but sometimes it's annoying when you are down there in the fray fighting and get hit by accident. My personal preference is close up and personal, in-their-face style and I feel that so far I have noticed that heavy gunners-role can be very helpfull, but most of the time it's wasted by the slowness of the Hound, so that in practice you are missing a guy on the battlefield when you could've used him at the down and dirty combat on the frontlines. :)

I think he thinks I don't appreciate his skills, but that's not true and I never said that! A heavy gunner is one hard Hound to master, he sure is underway!

Anyways, all you dudes were great tonight, another could-be-productive day of my life ruined and wasted by this amazing game. :lol

We're also getting at that point where we really get owned by good teams every now and again, which simply have superior equiment and skills. I don't doubt we have the most fun though!

Top Bottom