• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Ashodin

Hell yeah Kobold. The rookies show excellent promise.

I'm also getting extremely good at shooting Heavy Cannon and Heavy Double-Barreled Cannons. I really don't think enemies like a giant shot like that in the face.

I love seeing cockpits go KABOOM from it, though! :)

Maintenance is being done right now.

Since my voice chat is still fubared, I spent the time tonight just tinkering with my mech setups:

Parcival:
parcival1.jpg

parcival2.jpg

- This is kind of my default mech, good for medium to short range attack. It has the 3 Anelace cannons, which I prefer over the Falchion for the faster reloading times. Overall, I like this setup and have won quite a lot of different types of maps with it.

Mjolnir:
mjlonir1.jpg

mjlonir3.jpg

- This mech is all about short range attack with the 4 MGs and the shields to help me get real close to the enemies. I put in the lightest sniper rifle, just for recon work. I usually just get in real close instead of sniping so that I can catch them by surprise. I had fun with this one in the really tight maps with buildings.

Templar Zwei:
templar1.jpg

- So I decided to try a tall-ish kind of mech with wheels, after seeing a really uber one in action. I added the massive multiple rocket cannons, thinking that it'd be really great. Well, I found out that I absolutely sucked at using rockets. It's hard to hit the baddies with them when you're strafing. I got spanked hard with this one, so I don't think I'll be using it again.

Oh yeah, and all 3 have the 13th colors. I usually switch to my black colors when I'm doing Free Battles.

Goddamnit, I really need to fix my voice chat...

purg3

slept with Malkin
Great games tonight witht the new members of the 13th. A lot of close wins by having 1 or 2 more COMBAS than the other team.

The best moment of the night for me was when Kobold(Mirik), Maxrpg(Twilight) and I were fighting another squad. It was getting real close, so we started to go for COMBAS when an enemy engaged me. We fought back and forth, then he nailed me point blank with some rockets; instantly taking out the rest of my guns. So I started to retreat behind a COMBAS for cover. I noticed he was still following me, but no longer shooting at me. He was actually out of ammo, so we ended up pushing each other away from the tower with our hounds to try to secure it. This lasted for almost 2 min. while Kobold kept control of the COMBAS away from our base.

Ashodin

gettergooey said:
them thar mechs
Shit, you just reminded me about posting my own creations. I'll have to see if I can get on tomorrow and just take posterity pics. but I change them up over and over sometimes.

pilonv1

Since I've still only got one main Hound I use online, how do you set up multiple types? I don't remember seeing anywhere to save them.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
pilonv1 said:
Since I've still only got one main Hound I use online, how do you set up multiple types? I don't remember seeing anywhere to save them.

"Assembly Data"

scaffa

I had some great fun last night. Sadly I had some connection isseus later on, or atleast I think I did? Current games werent listed anymore.

It was a real blast and it was cool playing in the squad :) 13th ftw :p

edit: Im the new recruit Koffiezuiper. Might be confusing with the different nicknames ;) The other dutch guy yeah.

purg3

slept with Malkin
pilonv1 said:

Just build a new hound, you can just take apart your current hound if you want. Rename it and go to assembly data to save it. This is also where you can load your different hounds.

Ashodin

News from Chromehounds Forum:

There will be a temporary server maintenance after the next peace accord to address some of the balance issues within the Chromehounds servers. During the maintenance, the servers will be updated with the following changes:

• Balancing battlefield endurance properties
• Adjusting occurrence of special events

These changes will be live in the next war. Thanks for your patience during this maintenance period.

Shit yeah. They're gonna up the Endurance properties to make it harder (and longer) to take over an area. Which means wars will last longer, YAY! (more chances to fight that Sal Kari Weapon!)

Maxrpg said:
Shit yeah. They're gonna up the Endurance properties to make it harder (and longer) to take over an area. Which means wars will last longer, YAY! (more chances to fight that Sal Kari Weapon!)

I can't wait to see what the other nations have in store :D

Where's the voice chat bug fix :(

BTW, any tips to make good money, other that squad missions? I need some individual mission to grind when I'm all alone.

Ashodin

More interesting things:

There is a system device that does that. The weapon shoots a 3 round burst but you can only equip 3 of the weapons.

Donations help your Nation's Tech Research so better weapons come faster (ie Experimental Weapons) and you get a bigger subsidation check after each battle to help offset costs.

What?? Are you saying that I can shoot THREE Heavy Cannon shots in one trigger?!?

I must have this device.

Francias Castiglione said:
Yeah I have a 3 shot and a 4 shot system board

He meant that *1* weapon can shoot 3 times per one trigger. So it sounds like there's no reload delays between those 3 shots.

The 3 or 4 shots system boards that you talked about only let you shoot 3 or 4 *different* types of weapons, but only once, until the next reload.

Man, just think about shooting 3 round of 3 multiple missile launchers at once....

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gettergooey said:
He meant that *1* weapon can shoot 3 times per one trigger. So it sounds like there's no reload delays between those 3 shots.

The 3 or 4 shots system boards that you talked about only let you shoot 3 or 4 *different* types of weapons, but only once, until the next reload.

Man, just think about shooting 3 round of 3 multiple missile launchers at once....

Yeah. Missing the target would mean a big waste of ammo :D

gettergooey said:

A burst fire cannon firing three times from the same barrel would be pretty bad without an extremely stable HOUND though wouldn't?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
m0dus said:
Okay. Finally got back to my 360 after a 4-6 week hiatus, and picked up my copy of chromehounds. How do I go about joining the brigade, and what nation?

Che will have to set you up for the NeoGAF Brigade. There are a few people I haven't seen in our squad who may get the boot if we don't hear from them soon. Sorry I didn't get to your message last night. We were in the middle of getting our asses handed to us.

The spiking is really frustrating. That, and having a mech take me out with a single shot last night. No kidding. And yet I played until 3AM and now have a coffee IV going.

Ok, I'm getting pissed at the last Scout mission in single player. I'm trying to finish it up and be done with Story Mode, but I can't figure out what's going on.

Spoilered in case anyone cares about Story Mode: :lol

So, it's the mission where you have to lure the enemy mechs away from the base so your squad can destroy it. Half-way through the mission, a Black Hound appears on the battlefield. He's not all that fast, but he's very accurate with his guns, which means I have to lure him away without getting destroyed. I've managed to lure him so far west that I'm told to turn aroun as I'm leaving the map, and yet, the mission still doesn't end.

Any tips? What am I missing here? At this point, I just want to collect the Accomplishments and Medal and get back to multiplayer and designing some new mechs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Kobold said:
All rookies are mega-talented. DopeyFish got some sweet kills with that barrage of rockets, but sometimes it's annoying when you are down there in the fray fighting and get hit by accident.

well... it is hard hitting people when your bullets are in the air for 10+ seconds

but then again... who said the friendly hits were accidental? ;)

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Any tips? What am I missing here? At this point, I just want to collect the Accomplishments and Medal and get back to multiplayer and designing some new mechs.

I just went and destroyed the water plant myself. :)

The 23rd squad isn't seeing any action :( If people have been trying to play then I'm sorry but I had a nasty breakup a couple of days ago and have been doing other things.

We don't have enough members and the squad isn't working too well. If it carries on like this I might have to ask to defect to another squad!

Maxrpg said:
News from Chromehounds Forum:

Damn, we better get our asses back to Tarak, son!!

3rdman

Fallofmart said:
The 23rd squad isn't seeing any action :( If people have been trying to play then I'm sorry but I had a nasty breakup a couple of days ago and have been doing other things.

We don't have enough members and the squad isn't working too well. If it carries on like this I might have to ask to defect to another squad!

I've been trying to join but I never see anyone online from GAF! I resolved myself into believing that there are connection issues. I'll try again tonight...sorry to hear about your problems.

3rdman said:
I've been trying to join but I never see anyone online from GAF! I resolved myself into believing that there are connection issues. I'll try again tonight...sorry to hear about your problems.

Let me know on here or on live (fallofmart) when you try and join and I'll go on and accept you.

We only have 3 members so far so we need to build the squad up a bit before regular games will happen. Maybe if there are any good non GAFers you see who need a squad then we could grab them too.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Good christ, I LOVE IT.

They're actively FIXING THE BALANCE ISSUES.

The game has been out a week and a half and they're actually addressing the community's concerns.

BEST XBOX LIVE GAME EVER!

BTW, drohne and I had some really good 2v2 matches last night. I think I finally found a mech design I'm comfortable with, even if it means my pulse starts pounding and my palms get sweaty because half of the strategy here is to get real close with another mech and gangbang the shit out of him with a teammate using a cluster of 4 Moskorj machineguns. The results aren't instant of course but it does excellent damage, provides a constant stream of fire, is a great psychological weapon because it stresses your enemy the fcuk out. My other cluster is a group of 4 Moskorj assault rifles or a pair of Falchion anti-hound cannons. And that's all she wrote.

I'll be doing some house cleaning tonight in the Brigade. If you're reading this message and haven't been playing for a while, go ahead and PM me if you want to stay in the Brigade. Otherwise, I'm gonna make room for some new blood.

Also, I think it's awesome that donations to your country mean better/faster research trees for your shop.

chespace said:
Good christ, I LOVE IT.

They're actively FIXING THE BALANCE ISSUES.

The game has been out a week and a half and they're actually addressing the community's concerns.

BEST XBOX LIVE GAME EVER!

BTW, drohne and I had some really good 2v2 matches last night. I think I finally found a mech design I'm comfortable with, even if it means my pulse starts pounding and my palms get sweaty because half of the strategy here is to get real close with another mech and gangbang the shit out of him with a teammate using a cluster of 4 Moskorj machineguns. The results aren't instant of course but it does excellent damage, provides a constant stream of fire, is a great psychological weapon because it stresses your enemy the fcuk out. My other cluster is a group of 4 Moskorj assault rifles or a pair of Falchion anti-hound cannons. And that's all she wrote.

I'll be doing some house cleaning tonight in the Brigade. If you're reading this message and haven't been playing for a while, go ahead and PM me if you want to stay in the Brigade. Otherwise, I'm gonna make room for some new blood.

Also, I think it's awesome that donations to your country mean better/faster research trees for your shop.

I also heavily favor machine guns for just that reason. Steady fire. I've got four on one side and 2-3 on the other (depending on whether or not its a night mission). I've got an Anti-Hound missile on one side and a cannon on the other, just for versatility. The only downside is that my four machine gun barrage, which is made up of the one that's not the Dagger but the Dagger-TYPE is completely exposed and pretty much unshieldable because it has no ports.

But it does have a nice range to make up for it.

And yeah, god bless em for being this active in fixing the game. I can only imagine what kind of stuff is in store.

BamYouHaveAids said:
This game is like crack. I wish i could get some pics of my bomberman hound up, but no camera. :(

Funny you should say that, as I just referred to the game as "Crack-hounds" in another thread. :lol

Jeff-DSA

With the free downloads and attention to balance issues, I can see Chromehounds being in my play rotation for a LONG time to come.

IJoel

Question for the usual hound pundits:

How does the online currency work? Each member has 2 different fund balances, but I'm somewhat clueless as to what to do with that.

Last night's slaughter almost drained one of my balances. :(

That said, it was still fun. That damn invincible commander annoyed the hell out of me. He probably had a machine gun, and a ton of armor plates (which probably makes sense for a commander.)

MORE PAIN TONIGHT!

3rdman

I've been coming up with some very wierd designs that I hope to put online tonight or tomorrow. "Fireplug", "Shieldzilla", and my "OneArmed Bandit" all deserve their moment!

IJoel said:
Question for the usual hound pundits:

How does the online currency work? Each member has 2 different fund balances, but I'm somewhat clueless as to what to do with that.

Last night's slaughter almost drained one of my balances. :(

That said, it was still fun. That damn invincible commander annoyed the hell out of me. He probably had a machine gun, and a ton of armor plates (which probably makes sense for a commander.)

MORE PAIN TONIGHT!

There's your available cash and total value, which includes your current hound's value.

Confidence Man said:
I've made up my mind to get this. How long does it take to get into the swing of it?

Not long at all to get the feel of the controls. Playing the single player is good for that, plus collecting some parts. What takes time, in my opinion, is learning to assemble a solid mech, and learning to use it on the battlefield in multiplayer in conjunction with your squad mates. Well worth the time and effort though.

Jeff-DSA

Francias Castiglione said:
Can't you do the Individual Missions for some cash? The basic co-op ones?

Yeah, or you can just launch some 1 vs CPU missions and set it to Recruit until you build up some cash. Obviously you'll want to turn up the difficulty if you're able, but you'd have to be REALLY bad to lose a Recruit mission.

Vagrant

IJoel said:
Found this equipment list online. Seems pretty thorough.

http://www.chromehound.com/forums/index.php?autocom=pages&do=show&id=13

Single Player unlockables: http://www.chromehound.com/forums/index.php?autocom=pages&do=show&id=14

I'm almost done with all single player ones. I assume these aren't those, and are the ones accessible online.

Wow I want those Morskoj MSK-RJ401 inverted legs listed there, they hold 6301 in load! Thats more then most treads and four-legs can carry.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Vagrant said:
Wow I want those Morskoj MSK-RJ401 inverted legs listed there, they hold 6301 in load! Thats more then most treads and four-legs can carry.

Goddamn you're right... and significantly faster than the fastest multi-leg chassis.

Almost as fast as treads!

Morskoj gear is the best, clearly.

Top Bottom