• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Vagrant

chespace said:
Goddamn you're right... and significantly faster than the fastest multi-leg chassis.

Almost as fast as treads!

Morskoj gear is the best, clearly.

Have you seen their monster cockpits with 8000~9000 durability? Combine 'em with those legs and some sturdy weapons and you'd have a real behemoth. Twilight, the 13th needs to stay in Morskoj until I can grab those legs.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I need those Morskoj legs. That'd solve two of my biggest problems - weight and speed. A 6301 load capacity with a speed of 43? That's sounds almost too good to be true.

I agree! I need to take it for a test drive to be sure. :D

3rdman

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I need those Morskoj legs. That'd solve everyones biggest problems - weight and speed. A 6301 load capacity with a speed of 43? That's sounds almost too good to be true.

Fixed.

Vark

chespace said:
Goddamn you're right... and significantly faster than the fastest multi-leg chassis.

Almost as fast as treads!

Morskoj gear is the best, clearly.

I'm really curious to what the downside is to the Morskoj stuff. It just seems all around superior. Cost maybe?

Also are we planning on cycling the squad to the other countries to get the gear?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Vark said:
I'm really curious to what the downside is to the Morskoj stuff. It just seems all around superior. Cost maybe?

Also are we planning on cycling the squad to the other countries to get the gear?

I say we should cycle out. I am not sure what I was hit with last night, but it was long range, fast, and took me out with one hit.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Vark said:

Yes, next war, we're going Morskoj.

Also, I think most reviews explored very little of Chromehounds' online appeal simply to meet the traditional deadline of "game review goes up when game is released."

Reviewers probably spent 5-10 hours max playing this game online with coworkers and/or Sega's producer and testers. There's no possible way they could predict or anticipate the strategic permutations or the community impact this game has now had based on that much time.

Best case scenario when it comes to reviewing online-centric games such as this, is you project and extrapolate from the little time you spent playing online into what you think the impact of the game will be, based on how good it was for you in the 10 hours you spent in what's basically pre-release isolation. You can usually make a fairly good guess and write a very middle of the road review with lots of caveats and "experience may change online" type of phrasing to cover your own editorial so it doesn't discredit you down the road.

Anyway, reviewing online-centric games was an issue when I was an editor, and will continue to be an issue until folks adapt a different way of handling reviews for these types of games.

raYne

DenogginizerOS said:
I am not sure what I was hit with last night, but it was long range, fast, and took me out with one hit.
Sounds like the new sniper cannon that was in the DL content. Sabre I think.

Chain a couple of those together and depending on the targets cockpit armor, he's toast in 1-2 volleys.

Vagrant

DenogginizerOS said:
I say we should cycle out. I am not sure what I was hit with last night, but it was long range, fast, and took me out with one hit.

Yeah I got killed in one hit from a distance weapon last night, I very surprised considering the tarakian cockpit I was using had like 5600 durability (not sure what my KE and CE defense was).

My buddies and I of 'Skull Squad' need a morale boost. We've been playing as the Sal-Kar faction since day one and we have yet to win a war or gain any major territory. Yeah, we could change factions but everyone is playing the Russians and where's the fun in that. We expect things to balance out soon as the casuals move on after fleecing the game for "acheivements". So if you guys want to feel what it's really like to be in a war you should switch over the the Sal-Kar (its the equiavalent of being US forces in Vietnam :lol ). Not much glory, but plenty of chances to see good you really are when face with challenging odds. If we were to switch we'd probably switch to the Tarakians next. It would be nice to see the Sal-Kar win the war just once though. :D

Still waiting for the Bob Hope and the USO to show up and boost our spirits. :)

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Vagrant said:
Wow I want those Morskoj MSK-RJ401 inverted legs listed there, they hold 6301 in load! Thats more then most treads and four-legs can carry.
That's a typo, Silver mentioned it is infact 5301. Probably confused with durability! :)

Jeff-DSA

Kobold said:
That's a typo, Silver mentioned it is infact 5301. Probably confused with durability! :)

Ah, that's a good thing. I was wondering how it wouldn't break the gameplay to have something like that available.

SiliconBean

Note to potential employers: mainlines heroin
So is the 13th in Moroskj (SP)? If so are there any spots left and is anyone on line now?? I'll be on in 15-20 mins.

I'm online now and noone is online in the 23rd, do any of the other squads have places open?

I'll be honest though, I'm a total newbie to proper online squad play.

Here's another mech that I just made:

noir2.jpg

noir1.jpg

It's got shields galore, with 4 top machine guns, for straight up run and gun kills.

It's actually really good for 1 on 1 fights because I can generally outlast most enemies. I've been getting great money with it, just grinding the vs. cpu war missions.

I'll try it with the 13th once my stupid voice chat gets fixed.

chespace

gettergooey said:
Here's another mech that I just made:

noir2.jpg

noir1.jpg

It's got shields galore, with 4 top machine guns, for straight up run and gun kills.

It's actually really good for 1 on 1 fights because I can generally outlast most enemies. I've been getting great money with it, just grinding the vs. cpu war missions.

I'll try it with the 13th once my stupid voice chat gets fixed.

Shields are good, but in this case, I would just shoot the shit out of your legs with rockets, TOWs, and my cluster of 4 Morskoj machine guns.

Is it currently not letting people into the live section at all? :S I can't even get to the garage, it just keeps booting me back to the title screen even though it says the reset is done...

Fallofmart said:
Is it currently not letting people into the live section at all? :S I can't even get to the garage, it just keeps booting me back to the title screen even though it says the reset is done...

Same here, it keeps throwing me on a loop. Oh well, at least I got my first war victory medal.

SiliconBean

Fall where you in the 23rd?

When will someone from the 13th be on and are you guys in Moroj??

SiliconBean

Yea that was me.:D :D I left because I wanted to try to find the 13th. My mic as been acting up too.

Kobold said:
Ouch!! I thought you fell asleep at the wheel of your mech! :lol

This is a bug BTW, my mike not working either in this game... I took out my old Xbox communicator to make it work

Hey Kobold, which Xbox 1 communicator worked for you? I'm looking at ebay and there's a bunch of different ones.

Thanks!

Ashodin

Okay guys, we just had one of the most awesome 3 on 3 matches.

Me, Kobold, and Purge fought TWO dudes. They were heavily armed, and one of them had THREE Homing Rocket launchers. I hit that guy once or twice with the Double Barrelled Cannon, and then Purge got laid out by the dude. There was another guy with all machine guns, and right as soon as I got exploded my cockpit, I pulled the trigger and fired a double shot right into his cockpit, exploding him too.

After that, it was Kobold (mirik) who had a duel with the rocket launcher guy, and he won by shooting shots right between him (splash damage!)!

All in all, sweet.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Maxrpg said:
Okay guys, we just had one of the most awesome 3 on 3 matches.

Me, Kobold, and Purge fought TWO dudes. They were heavily armed, and one of them had THREE Homing Rocket launchers. I hit that guy once or twice with the Double Barrelled Cannon, and then Purge got laid out by the dude. There was another guy with all machine guns, and right as soon as I got exploded my cockpit, I pulled the trigger and fired a double shot right into his cockpit, exploding him too.

After that, it was Kobold (mirik) who had a duel with the rocket launcher guy, and he won by shooting shots right between him (splash damage!)!

All in all, sweet.

I ran into one of those 3 guided missile launcher guys. He might have even had 4. He pretty much blew through all three of us without as much as batting an eye. What is a good tactic to use against those builds. I even had a missile counter, but with 2 missiles blowing into me every 2 seconds, it didn't do much good.

chespace

FlyinJ said:
I ran into one of those 3 guided missile launcher guys. He might have even had 4. He pretty much blew through all three of us without as much as batting an eye. What is a good tactic to use against those builds. I even had a missile counter, but with 2 missiles blowing into me every 2 seconds, it didn't do much good.

1). Speed (hard for missiles to track wheeled Hounds at close range but easier at midrange)

2). Install missile counters facing left or right so it shoots out to the side (and not in front of you). Run opposite of the direction your chaffs shoot out.

3). Stay away from him and pick at him from long distance with assault rifiles, artillery, etc. Missiles lose tracking capability past midrange.

What kind of legs did he have? Did he have any other guns?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FlyinJ said:

Just gotta avoid getting up close and personal with those hounds. Try to make it waste his ammo while fighting from the distance and then hit where it hurts.

Of course you gotta have a sniper buddy to help you out. This game really needs to be played as part of a varied team cos u never know what kind of configuration you are going to fight against.

Apparently the balance issues have officially been amended (at least the first attempt to do so) as Morskie won another one. Kudos to Teh From and Teh Segas.

chespace

Schafer said:
Radiators to reduce your heat level also mess with heatseekers ability to track you.

Apparently, this has been proven false over at the official forums.

I urge you all to read this:

http://boards.sega.com/chromehounds/viewtopic.php?t=1756

And yes, fixes to the territory points:

1) Capital battlefields now have an average of 50,000 capture points each.

2) Regular battlefields now have an average of 10,000 to 30,000 capture points each.

chespace said:
Apparently, this has been proven false over at the official forums.

I urge you all to read this:

http://boards.sega.com/chromehounds/viewtopic.php?t=1756

And yes, fixes to the territory points:

1) Capital battlefields now have an average of 50,000 capture points each.

2) Regular battlefields now have an average of 10,000 to 30,000 capture points each.

This will make quite a large difference. Glad we made it Bak To Tarak!!

Kobold

gettergooey said:
Hey Kobold, which Xbox 1 communicator worked for you? I'm looking at ebay and there's a bunch of different ones.

Thanks!
It's the normal one comes with Xbox Live, however, it might be something really wrong with yout communicator though, since noone else has the problem i don't think...

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
chespace said:
Yes, next war, we're going Morskoj.

Also, I think most reviews explored very little of Chromehounds' online appeal simply to meet the traditional deadline of "game review goes up when game is released."

I had to do a write up for this game, but I didn't mention any online aspect. Why? Because the servers were down for the first four days that the game was available in Japan. :(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
2). Install missile counters facing left or right so it shoots out to the side (and not in front of you). Run opposite of the direction your chaffs shoot out.

3). Stay away from him and pick at him from long distance with assault rifiles, artillery, etc. Missiles lose tracking capability past midrange.

that's basically it , sticking by some scenary helps neutralise the rockets.

Ashodin

NeoGAF Brigade - we want to fight you guys, since you are Morskoj right now, we can duel you at Dunaj, and other areas around there.

Kobold

BEST HUMAN GAME EVAR!

Me, Purge, Hapoel, Twilight took on four humans in a snow level. Anyways, one minute in the match and Purge drops out, connection woes.

I see one on the NA, he's in a tunnel, I sent Hapoel en Twilight over, they utterly destroy his ass, he was a piker.

Two are heading from the other side towards our combas towers, Hapoel and Twilight engage, and take them out in a minute flat. One dude remaining at their page, gets crushed total, 3 to 4 win, I was only at the base, effectively 2 on 4 win.

Sucks for Purge though, he misses out on A LOT of points this way, because of the insanely stupid way this game handles router NAT's.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Wow I want those Morskoj MSK-RJ401 inverted legs listed there, they hold 6301 in load! Thats more then most treads and four-legs can carry.

hoooooooooold on

6301 load on inverted legs..?

i'm struggling to hold my thoughts together here, that would mean i could build a genuine SIR KILL A LOT ! :)

Top Bottom