• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Man oh man, my new sniper mech is fearsome.

I can bring down a hound in 2 or 3 shots.

I was trying this morning to fasten one of the biggest guns in the game to the crotch area one of my hounds. It looked funny, but I turned out to be a non-issue in a couple of test runs. Back to the drawing board.

Trasher

Mike Works said:
i've never even played this game and i'm glad it exists because the last page of this thread is hilarious :lol
LOL agreed. Sounds like someone needs to remove the current commander IMO.

man, wtf has is going on tonight? its as if people JUST now figured out you can see who you are playing buy checking your "last met players" tab, ive gotten a few messages from people i dont know today...

first one was:

"are you retarded? or do you not know how to ready up? " since one of my squad couldnt join, so this poor guy had to wait 30 seconds :O ...then we left since he couldnt join at all. so i argued with that guy for a couple messages ...then it ended on "dude thats ****ing lame" after i told him we werent comming back and joined another match since one of us couldnt join his match at all...

the second one was pretty much just nasty name callin, guy basicaly says "nice try fag" cause i was playing my hound with some piles on it, i didnt even go for his base though, i headed strait for him ( i love taking people out with piles to the face :p ) ... gd spikers make me look like a douche cause i want to actualy use piles to kill people =/

weird night =/

Trasher

After skimming some info about the game, I'm kinda interested in picking it up. I'm really looking for a good multiplayer game for my 360(GRAW isn't cutting it). Sounds like there is some good customization involved with making your mech, but I'm not really sure how it works. Can someone sum it up for me really quick?

Brannon

Saint's Row had me occupied for a minute, good stuff there.

On topic, I get messages like that too, usually about OMG CHEAP or OMG PWN j00. I just delete them now.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
man, wtf has is going on tonight? its as if people JUST now figured out you can see who you are playing buy checking your "last met players" tab, ive gotten a few messages from people i dont know today...

first one was:

"are you retarded? or do you not know how to ready up? " since one of my squad couldnt join, so this poor guy had to wait 30 seconds :O ...then we left since he couldnt join at all. so i argued with that guy for a couple messages ...then it ended on "dude thats ****ing lame" after i told him we werent comming back and joined another match since one of us couldnt join his match at all...

the second one was pretty much just nasty name callin, guy basicaly says "nice try fag" cause i was playing my hound with some piles on it, i didnt even go for his base though, i headed strait for him ( i love taking people out with piles to the face :p ) ... gd spikers make me look like a douche cause i want to actualy use piles to kill people =/

<bill hicks> why do you ****ing morons have to ruin everything that's ****ing good?! GOD RAIN DOWN THIRTY DAYS ! WASH THESE TURDS OFF THIS PLANET!</bill hicks>

Please - MS - cull these douche bags :(

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
DCharlie said:
<bill hicks> why do you ****ing morons have to ruin everything that's ****ing good?! GOD RAIN DOWN THIRTY DAYS ! WASH THESE TURDS OFF THIS PLANET!</bill hicks>

Please - MS - cull these douche bags :(
Indeed.

This one disconnecter dude, we schooled his team on 3 on 3, I sent him a message "WE won you lose, regardless of your childish disconnect."

He sent me a voice message back where he said "Shut up your skills suck"...

I mean WTF? We beat them fair and square and our skills suck? LOL!!! Moron total, sounded like a grown man too, really sad...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, there are only so many "Giv mi all ur gill n*gger jewz fag!!" shouts in FFXI you can take without wanting to kill people

i was hoping the cost would put these people off, but no. :/

scaffa

Oh man oh man =) Last night was crazy, to bad I had to leave so soon. But now Im hommeee alone (finnaly can talk some more ;) ) so now I can unleash some serious havoc!

Man that match was awsome with those blue dudes with the heavy guns. That was some crazy shit. I was going to a take over an comba wich was further away from the squad. So when I walk over there the enemy team engages us in a fight. I didnt know what to do so I asked our commander what to do (Kobold) he said that I should head back and attack them so I could flank them. Hells yeah booyjj! I flanked those dude and after taking some very heavy hits by heavy double barrel cannons but amazingly Im still standing.

So I took that bastard out but his friend was also still there with the same setup. Tried to dodge his bullets and luckily the dude was so bad at aiming, result he was dead to. But then the another guy pops up over the hill side and we werent sure if he had ammo left because he didnt shoot me. We made the decision to attack him in the hope he was out of ammo.. I walk up the hill and get near him...BAM damn he still has some ammo left! So Im dodging his fire and damn he was tough like the others (I used machine guns) but after awhile I took him out to.

My mech was completly wasted..only my cockpit was 50% wich was good after all those hits and I still had 2 machine guns left. Kobold was fighting another dude and gave me the order to go to a place were it was save, the time was almost over.

So what happend then? We should have won but that damn host took out his internet so we all lost our connection! I was pissed lol but still it was an awsome fight.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
missile counters officially rock. just won two games nearly unscathed against homing missile bastards. follow the directions posted earlier in this thread -- sidemount the counter and strafe away from it -- and watch as missiles soar far wide. it's satisfying as hell.

weird glitch in one game tonight, with chespace and spooka -- only spooka and one enemy mech were left alive, and though they were standing right next to each other, they apparently couldn't see each other. at first che and i were spotting for spooka, and his shots would actually register, but eventually the other dude ran out of ammo, and spooka just went off and blew up their base. weird.

Can't wait to get this game.. My first mech will be a highly immobile, armored, four legged homing missile / artillery cannon ultra heavy/defense mech that just fires bigass impressive shit at enemies as long as it stands :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
drohne said:
missile counters officially rock. just won two games nearly unscathed against homing missile bastards. follow the directions posted earlier in this thread -- sidemount the counter and strafe away from it -- and watch as missiles soar far wide. it's satisfying as hell.

weird glitch in one game tonight, with chespace and spooka -- only spooka and one enemy mech were left alive, and though they were standing right next to each other, they apparently couldn't see each other. at first che and i were spotting for spooka, and his shots would actually register, but eventually the other dude ran out of ammo, and spooka just went off and blew up their base. weird.

That happens to me sometimes too. It's like an alternative reality where you see you fellas explode and you find yourself facing the enemy alone, while the "spirits" of your dead fellas still chatter about an ongoing battle apparently taking place in heaven or hell.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tahrikmili said:
Can't wait to get this game.. My first mech will be a highly immobile, armored, four legged homing missile / artillery cannon ultra heavy/defense mech that just fires bigass impressive shit at enemies as long as it stands :lol

:lol

be sure to have a sniper hunter on your side tho or you are ****ed. Snipers armed with a copule of Sniper Cannons feeded with Heat rounds are DEADLY against slow moving targets. I scored 80% of my wins as a Sniper indeed.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
drohne said:

I agree ;)

Maxrpg said:

Well, it's true. This Backseat Commandering, and WORSE, calling for your DISMISSAL as LEADER of the ************* THIRTEENTH is just flat out wrong.

I'm not just going to stand around and twiddle my big toes while someone denigrates your role as our leader. Especially when they have no idea what they're talking about in this instance, having

a) Never Played A Game In The 13th With Dopeyfish
b) Having Never Even Played A Game With You As Commander, For Example, One In Which You Organized A Three-Way Flanking Of A Spiker That Left It Shredded

I'd consider the case closed if new people didn't come strolling in here and hopping on the bandwagon with DITCH THIS TWILIGHT FELLOW painted on the side.

shuri

Banned
not mine

mariohoundkb7.jpg

Gamecrazy ftw! One copy left and I got it. Played some of the sp and found it kind of lame. atm I'm stuck on the second sniper mission; it's at night, they tell me to move to a certain spot and take out some enemy mechs as they come from the right. So I do that, and no matter what I do the guys I'm supposed to be helping say "We're taking too much fire, we have to retreat" and I fail the mission even if I kill all the enemy mechs before they even get to my allies.

Played online a little and got my ass kicked. Is the equipment you earn through the sp missions different from what you can buy in the online store?

Confidence Man said:
Gamecrazy ftw! One copy left and I got it. Played some of the sp and found it kind of lame. atm I'm stuck on the second sniper mission; it's at night, they tell me to move to a certain spot and take out some enemy mechs as they come from the right. So I do that, and no matter what I do the guys I'm supposed to be helping say "We're taking too much fire, we have to retreat" and I fail the mission even if I kill all the enemy mechs before they even get to my allies.
You're probably shooting your allies. That's what I did for the first 5 times. Don't shoot the guys in the right side. If they're walking to the left, they're on your side.

Confidence Man said:

Played online a little and got my ass kicked. Is the equipment you earn through the sp missions different from what you can buy in the online store?

cheat like i did, and just rush to where they are instead of where your supposed to be....they barely even move while i mow them down :p

Karg

All this squad drama I really need to squueze into one of the squads. I'm missing out.

On a side note, I have to ask. In games where you don't have respawns, when your hound bites it and you respawn as that soldier on foot. What is the point and can you do anything besides incapacitate yourself on buildings?

raYne

Karg said:
On a side note, I have to ask. In games where you don't have respawns, when your hound bites it and you respawn as that soldier on foot. What is the point and can you do anything besides incapacitate yourself on buildings?
I don't think the rifle you have while on foot does any damage at all, so I guess you could always be useful and keep an eye out on enemy locations. Let the rest of your team know where they are, if they're attacking the base etc.

It's always funny when you have a few guys on foot rushing towards a hound firing their rifles though. :lol

Karg

raYne said:
I don't think the rifle you have while on foot does any damage at all, so I guess you could always be useful and keep an eye out on enemy locations. Let the rest of your team know where they are, if they're attacking the base etc.

It's always funny when you have a few guys on foot rushing towards a hound firing their rifles though. :lol

I figured as much. Anytime it happens to me I try to get back to the battle to only watch myself catch a round to blow me apart.

raYne

They should address that in the sequel. Give you access to weapons such as a rocket launcher that at least causes some damage. Better yet, they should let you control a base turret/mortar or a tank if applicable ala MechAssault 2.

Jeff-DSA

Sorry Brigade, I haven't been able to get online the past couple of days. My 360 scratched up my NCAA 2007 disc and I've been hesitant to put Chromehounds in until I find out if it's going to happen again. After using Kameo as a guinea pig, I think I'm ok to play again. I'll be back online today.

Karg

raYne said:
They should address that in the sequel. Give you access to weapons such as a rocket launcher that at least causes some damage. Better yet, they should let you control a base turret/mortar or a tank if applicable ala MechAssault 2.

That or give us some buddy camera following to check out what they're doing. Not sure why they couldn't have done that. I guess thats the tradeoff for being able to still talk to the squad.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Karg said:

you can deathmatch with your dead teammates! it's pretty funny.

Karg said:
That or give us some buddy camera following to check out what they're doing. Not sure why they couldn't have done that. I guess thats the tradeoff for being able to still talk to the squad.

Yeah, if you're tenacious enough you can actually be really helpful with tha recon work.

Karg

drohne said:
you can deathmatch with your dead teammates! it's pretty funny.

I've done that and everyone falls over like when you used to play with those little green plastic army soliders. Is it sad that I make the sound effects like I did when I was a kid?

Any chance I could get someone to go over heat of impact configurations? Like if you loaded up with all weapons with HEAT rounds, what does that do to another hound? Jack up the heat level of that mech and what happens then?

IJoel

Good games last night with the Brigade. Seems we're reaching the point where there's more than 6 people at once competing for a spot in a match. It'd be nice if there were at least 8, so that 2 groups of 4 could form. I wonder if it'll last though. I know I'm hooked... at least until Dead Rising comes out.

hyp

man, i'm falling way behind... sorry brigade! i'll be on for some matches this weekend most definitely. been stuck playing monster hunter freedom and having this weird urge to get more 360 achievements. WTF

Spooka

drohne said:

It should be noted that for the first 5 minutes of this fiasco Drohne and Che were just assuming it was by my own incompetence that I was unable to spot the mech that I was practically touching... It was quite frustrating as they were yelling "He's right in front of you!" - hah. I didnt realize that my shots were ever even counting btw.
I was fairly impressed with the AI when we played aginst the computer earlier in the night, I'm used to the mildly retarded GRAW enemies. And the differant maps were pretty impressive.
Also, I'll probably be more useful than I was last night now that I've played and kind of gotten a feel for how everything works online. I guess I need to make sure I have Mechs suited for differant situations. I had some sniper Mechs built but the sniper spot was taken and I was in a world of hurt. I did have various moments of fun though.

Karg

Spooka said:
It should be noted that for the first 5 minutes of this fiasco Drohne and Che were just assuming it was by my own incompetence that I was unable to spot the mech that I was practically touching... It was quite frustrating as they were yelling "He's right in front of you!" - hah. I didnt realize that my shots were ever even counting btw.
I was fairly impressed with the AI when we played aginst the computer earlier in the night, I'm used to the mildly retarded GRAW enemies. And the differant maps were pretty impressive.
Also, I'll probably be more useful than I was last night now that I've played and kind of gotten a feel for how everything works online. I guess I need to make sure I have Mechs suited for differant situations. I had some sniper Mechs built but the sniper spot was taken and I was in a world of hurt. I did have various moments of fun though.

Yeah taking the time one night to solidly setup configurations for each type of mech is ideal. So you have a base mech with each role type and then as each mission comes up you can load an assembly as needed and then make quick changes as needed. Its been working great for me and my small squad so I can take whatever mech type we're missing for that mission.

Karg

Rocky_Balboa said:
Here's my hound.
hurtta.jpg

3 MGs and 3 Halberds.
Speed 174
Closecombat only.

That Mario-hound inspired me ;)

Close combat would be your downfall. Set my mech up with some hover assist parts and jump on you head. 100 points sucka.

Karg said:
Close combat would be your downfall. Set my mech up with some hover assist parts and jump on you head. 100 points sucka.

:lol

This hound can't move forward or backward. Just strafing around with no purpose. :lol

Rocky_Balboa said:
M03TL Garfield
Dur: 4412
Speed: 70
Load: 4403

Not too bad, I'd still take your legs out first though... Looks like rockets and missiles at close range might be a problem, do you have a counter on there? Might help.

I have a close range armoured mech and those are my weakness too, but fitting a counter has started to help quite a lot.

The mario design is awesome as hell.

Fallofmart said:
I have a close range armoured mech and those are my weakness too, but fitting a counter has started to help quite a lot.
Yeah, I have the Morskoj missile counter and usually it is a big help. At the moment it is pointing to the sky but maybe it's better to put it horizontally. Although then you can't strafe where your MC is pointing.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Yeah, I have the Morskoj missile counter and usually it is a big help. At the moment it is pointing to the sky but maybe it's better to put it horizontally. Although then you can't strafe where your MC is pointing.

Mine is flat, it helps but I think I'm going to try on the side... Although I usually vary my strafing because the enemy always adjusts their shots after a little while.

Top Bottom