• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

BamYouHaveAids said:
batmobile2.jpg

batmobile1.jpg

Damn. That beats the hell out of my Batman hound.

Ha! That dude is on my friend's list!

WIPEOUT ZONE FTMFW, SUCKAZ!!!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Had an excellent series of versus matches against humans last night. Most of them were 4v4 or 3v3 (misteranderson/vince, we missed your commandering). I played with my new Sal Kar/Tarakian hybrid sniper the whole time and had quite a bit of success when the situation was favorable for snipers. I even managed to get a couple of kills at close quarters!

Yes, I am the scourge of exposed heavy gunners and defenders. I'm playing with various configurations, but right now, I am packing 4 HEAT sabres and either a HEAT missile or 2 heavy Morskoj assault rifles for any close encounters.

Speaking of legs, has anyone found a good way to shield legs by using spacers and such?

So far I have to say this game is just a frustrating piece of shit to play online. Only like one in five attempts at playing a match actually ends up with everyone on the map, and then you're lucky if the host doesn't quit because it ends the game and boots everyone out. Most of the time is spent waiting; waiting to connect, waiting for the pointless war updates to finish, waiting for the usual dicking around in lobbies before the host can start, and then waiting in a second lobby for some dumb**** who's seemingly building his mech from scratch. And when the waiting is over and you think you may actually play, half the time you or your opponents fail to connect and get booted back to the ****ing title screen, forcing you to go through all the connecting and war updating bullshit again. I literally spent half an hour just trying to get in a quick match.

IJoel

Confidence Man said:
So far I have to say this game is just a frustrating piece of shit to play online. Only like one in five attempts at playing a match actually ends up with everyone on the map, and then you're lucky if the host doesn't quit because it ends the game and boots everyone out. Most of the time is spent waiting; waiting to connect, waiting for the pointless war updates to finish, waiting for the usual dicking around in lobbies before the host can start, and then waiting in a second lobby for some dumb**** who's seemingly building his mech from scratch. And when the waiting is over and you think you may actually play, half the time you or your opponents fail to connect and get booted back to the ****ing title screen, forcing you to go through all the connecting and war updating bullshit again. I literally spent half an hour just trying to get in a quick match.

This game refuses to work (online matches) with my router (D-Link) even when setting my 360 as the DMZ host. I have to connect directly from my modem to be able to play online. Note that with my router I can connect online, chat fine, and I make it to the room before the match starts. However, when the host deploys, and my client tries to connect to the host, it disconnects.

I just connect my modem directly to my Xbox 360 everytime I play online with this game.

IJoel said:
This game refuses to work (online matches) with my router (D-Link) even when setting my 360 as the DMZ host. I have to connect directly from my modem to be able to play online. Note that with my router I can connect online, chat fine, and I make it to the room before the match starts. However, when the host deploys, and my client tries to connect to the host, it disconnects.

I just connect my modem directly to my Xbox 360 everytime I play online with this game.

Ditto. I have a D Link too.

IJoel said:

IJoel said:
Ditto. I have a D Link too.
I have found that enabling, or in some cases disabling UPnP (in your router config) fixes things more often than not for people. Give it a shot if you haven't already.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
We had another batch of awesome matches tonight! We started on a bad streak, losing like 6 games, but after that, Twilight, Out of Names, Silver and me got on a real good winning streak and we must've won like 8 or more matches out of 9! :) We all ended up ranking up quite a bit and making our Squad ranking Master +!!!

Anyways, we all did a great job and were able to land some awesome complete victories without losses! Fighting with three versitile soldiers and a commander is just perfect, we killed spikers, missle boaters, double double-barreled cannon dudes and many others by working in unison and for the team! Awesome total! :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kobold said:
We had another batch of awesome matches tonight! We started on a bad streak, losing like 6 games, but after that, Twilight, Out of Names, Silver and me got on a real good winning streak and we must've won like 8 or more matches out of 9! :) We all ended up ranking up quite a bit and making our Squad ranking Master +!!!

Anyways, we all did a great job and were able to land some awesome complete victories without losses! Fighting with three versitile soldiers and a commander is just perfect, we killed spikers, missle boaters, double double-barreled cannon dudes and many others by working in unison and for the team! Awesome total! :)

So, what are the benefits of ranking up with your squad? Is it just for show-off or do you get, dunno, more slots for lotteries or whatever?

wipeout364

I got kicked off the 13th and I didn't even get a goodbye message!! I can't play as much as they do so I would never be able to contribute enough, but it was fun the two times I played with them.

Unfortunately I work a lot and have a family so I can only play two to three times a week for an hour or two. Anyway I was wondering if there was a GAF casual squad with people like me, I'd like to join if any slots available?

Ashodin

wipeout364 said:
I got kicked off the 13th and I didn't even get a goodbye message!! I can't play as much as they do so I would never be able to contribute enough, but it was fun the two times I played with them.

Unfortunately I work a lot and have a family so I can only play two to three times a week for an hour or two. Anyway I was wondering if there was a GAF casual squad with people like me, I'd like to join if any slots available?
Yeah, sorry dude. I was eager to let people go who I hadn't seen in a while because there were more people wanting to sign up. However, I'm thinking of instituting like 4 out of the last 20 of the squad be rotated out - those who want to play, get to play and in the squad on that day. If someone else wants to play on another day (and you're not on) I'll remove a person, add them, they get to play. When the next person gets on, I'll remove another person and add them back. This way the people who don't play very often still get to play with the 13th, it's like changing of the guard :)

So do you want back in? We've still got two spots open.

This game rocks so hard. Is there a comments thread, or just this one?

Most of the critics simply don't understand this game. The single player should be considered nothing more than training and nobody should buy this game if they aren't going to play it online.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
m0dus said:
Wow. I was up this morning from 3:30 AM to 6 working on my new hounds. I can't wait to get home and play this tonight. Anything planned currently?

Been playing all day. NeoGAF Brigade folks, go ahead and hop into the squad lobby. If I'm not there, I'm prob doing free battles or 1v1s.

Msg me at 'chespace 1up'

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
well i understand but i can't join since i am a member of sal kar right? said i have to wait 2 weeks or something

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
btrboyev said:
sorry for my poor excuse of a hound performance on that last game, there is much to learn about this game.
I wouldn't worry about it, we all had to learn and still make mistakes! It's just a game for fun. Everyone should play and enjoy. :)

raYne

Maxrpg said:
You have to leave, raYne? We'll miss you.
Yeah.. right... :lol

My schedule is too erratic for now, so I can't play with the core group as much as I'd like. Might as well give others a chance to get into the action.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
have i mentioned recently that i love chromehounds? i love chromehounds. was playing 1 on 1 all morning -- i think i won a couple more than i lost, but lots of intense matches. undefeated against spikers today! though a couple of them dropped before i could kill them. :/

i think my weakness right now is quick hounds with machineguns. i have a hard time nailing them with rockets.

Hey, I'm in the neogaf brigade.. some of you know me as mattsonlyhope
Anyways, as some know, I've had the -999999999 glitch for 2 weeks now and it's taking Sega forever to help me. Right now since we've switched to the evil country.. I was hoping someone can buy me a decent collection of parts, all kinds if possible. Just keep track of how much they cost and I'll pay ya back when Sega fixes my problem.. =\

DarkAngelYuna said:
Hey, I'm in the neogaf brigade.. some of you know me as mattsonlyhope
Anyways, as some know, I've had the -999999999 glitch for 2 weeks now and it's taking Sega forever to help me. Right now since we've switched to the evil country.. I was hoping someone can buy me a decent collection of parts, all kinds if possible. Just keep track of how much they cost and I'll pay ya back when Sega fixes my problem.. =\

I finally got mine fixed on wednesday, pay attention to the schedule here: http://boards.sega.com/chromehounds/viewtopic.php?t=2247

and just jump in their squad for a few minutes, they give you a part to sell that's worth 999999999. (they actually slightly glitched me the other direction and i'm loaded with more than 80m... bwhahahaha)

Top Bottom