• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

SaggyMonkey said:
I finally got mine fixed on wednesday, pay attention to the schedule here: http://boards.sega.com/chromehounds/viewtopic.php?t=2247

and just jump in their squad for a few minutes, they give you a part to sell that's worth 999999999. (they actually slightly glitched me the other direction and i'm loaded with more than 80m... bwhahahaha)

Wow thanks.
Well everyone, when I leave the brigade this will be why. So once I'm in that group so they can fix me I'll be right back in neogaf

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
DarkAngelYuna said:
Wow thanks.
Well everyone, when I leave the brigade this will be why. So once I'm in that group so they can fix me I'll be right back in neogaf

Okay, go ahead and leave and come back. No probs.

drohne: you love this game. I love this game. This game is very lovable and might actually have become my favorite online action game of all time, edging out my days with Counter-Strike, Halo 2, etc.

I think I've finally found a good soldier RT design. Fast legs (max speed of 174 or so), cluster of 4 Morskoj machine guns (316 KE damage each), Morskoj radar guided missiles (2 per volley), and depending on the situation, a smoke grenade mortar coupled with thermo-vision, or twin HEAT missiles for close-to-midrange firefights.

Using a smokescreen/thermo combo in conjunction with heatseeker missiles is deadly. They can't see you in that smoke so they fire blindly while you can see them with your thermo and you fire missiles that track them through the smoke anyway. ;)

chespace said:

drohne: you love this game. I love this game. This game is very lovable and might actually have become my favorite online action game of all time, edging out my days with Counter-Strike, Halo 2, etc.

I think I've finally found a good soldier RT design. Fast legs (max speed of 174 or so), cluster of 4 Morskoj machine guns (316 KE damage each), Morskoj radar guided missiles (2 per volley), and depending on the situation, a smoke grenade mortar coupled with thermo-vision, or twin HEAT missiles for close-to-midrange firefights.

Using a smokescreen/thermo combo in conjunction with heatseeker missiles is deadly. They can't see you in that smoke so they fire blindly while you can see them with your thermo and you fire missiles that track them through the smoke anyway. ;)

Someone was doing that to me earlier. Annoying as hell but effective.

Enron

Banned
Spike rushing is awesome. The past few nights with the GAF Brigade, ive been playing my wheeled spiker. 3 Morskovian pikes, a bomb dispenser, and either a cluster of 2/3 machine guns or 2 assualt rifles. Speed around 210+. Good for capturing combasses, flanking around and coming up behind on the enemy's edge of the map and taking out the base. Usually, we take out all the enemy units before i can destroy the base though....

Trasher

Hey Che, was just wondering why you booted me from the Brigade. So you know, I'm friends with Denog, and am also a fellow TJ member with Luke. So why the hate :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Che, where are the Morskoj "radar" guided missiles (how are they called exactly)? I only see heat seeking ones. I tried your config with the heat seeking one (the only "2 per volley" I see in the shop) and it worked until I got a guy with counters and he raped me. :p

Russ

Banned
It's the principle of the thing.
turtle.gif

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Me and Hapoel doing a TON of 2 on 2's vs humans, and having a good streak of succes!!! :) Lost two matches out of like 8 or so!!

When you other guys coming on to share in the winning spree?

Brannon

Russ said:
WHY ISNT THIS THREAD STICKIED YET?!?!?!?

Because this game is a non-issue.

I'd be on today but my nephew's been over trying to get past 10,000 in Geo Wars. Then there was a dinner. Then there was the fact that my Gamecube card with all my Super Smash Bros. data bit the dust ogod ogod ogod ogod ****.

You just don't know how much it HURTS to lose 2+ years of data in one shot.

*remembers the PS2 Viewtiful Joe demo terrorism*

oh yeah...

The reviews, the reviews, reviews, reveiws, reviews, reviews... :(

Are people not playing this game??? If N3 can get a 9/10 in Play why isn't Chromehounds a 10?

This is mattsonlyhope..
sorry guys but the server disconnected me while we were waiting for an enemy again.. Thats like 10 times in 30 minutes so I just turned off my 360 while pissed off before I tossed it out my fing window..

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Warm Machine said:
The reviews, the reviews, reviews, reveiws, reviews, reviews... :(

Are people not playing this game??? If N3 can get a 9/10 in Play why isn't Chromehounds a 10?

Reviews all written when the Neroimus servers weren't working. It'd be like reviewing the PC version of BF2 off of nothing but the single player bot match.

Hell when the game was first announced back at the 360 unveiling there was absolutely no mention made of single player at all, it was touted as a purely multiplayer game.

Don't bother with the reviews, the game is utterly amazing. Truly truly a remarkable game. I am at the point where I think this might dethrone Mechwarrior 2 as my favorite mech game ever, the fact that the idea is even floating around in my head is pretty spectacular.

chespace

NeoGAF Brigade has been going strong all weekend long.

We're playing right now, 6 of us, actually.

Hop on if you can.

IJoel

chespace said:
NeoGAF Brigade has been going strong all weekend long.

We're playing right now, 6 of us, actually.

Hop on if you can.

Are you guys playing against the CPU? I could join for that (for a couple of games.) Otherwise, I need to disconnect the router.

chespace

IJoel said:
Are you guys playing against the CPU? I could join for that (for a couple of games.) Otherwise, I need to disconnect the router.

No, we were just in a 6v6 with humans.

My smokescreen missile strategy frustrated the host so bad he disconnected his server. :p

Lame.

Ashodin

chespace said:
No, we were just in a 6v6 with humans.

My smokescreen missile strategy frustrated the host so bad he disconnected his server. :p

Lame.
Do what the 13th is currently doing - open games with the lowest ranked member - you're sure to get people to connect to you for a game. The best part is - if they lose, they can't disconnect and not give you your points! :lol

Shit man, this game is so addictive - I was going to go to bed two hours earlier, and now I'm going back on the game to just tune up one of my mechs. DAMN!

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Schafer said:
Reviews all written when the Neroimus servers weren't working. It'd be like reviewing the PC version of BF2 off of nothing but the single player bot match.

Hell when the game was first announced back at the 360 unveiling there was absolutely no mention made of single player at all, it was touted as a purely multiplayer game.

Don't bother with the reviews, the game is utterly amazing. Truly truly a remarkable game. I am at the point where I think this might dethrone Mechwarrior 2 as my favorite mech game ever, the fact that the idea is even floating around in my head is pretty spectacular.
Amazing as it is when you get to play, there are some serious issues that need to be addressed in a patch or sequel. Mainly on the netcode front, which can be a frustrating mess. Also the disconnecters need to be punished (those who they disconnect from win and get their points), etc.

Not to mention some of the ridiculous silly things like the messages, which should just go to an inbox which you can CHOOSE to look at, not be forced to click through 10 messages (2 times), and the stupid-ass lobby system needs be fixed with it's 25 times connecting for playing 5 games, etc.

Kevtones

I noticed how big this thread is getting so can anyone give me a brief paragraph that explains to me why this game is sooooo awesome online? I'm actually quite curious...

scaffa

chespace said:

I assume you have like zero armor on the mech? Because whatever I try I cant load up a decent soldier RT with a nice loadout and some armor plates. Its either you go all the way with the weapons or just a few weapons with some armor.

I met a "smoker" online to and its very easy to avoid that tactic to...just put the engine in reverse and walk away. Why? The range of heat seaking missles is very low and thus you can easily avoid them by doing so.

What is nice tho is to get those light weighted 6 missle things and get 2 of those on your mech. Combo fire them and when you hit someone with that woo. Nice thing about those missles is that the other mech will sure get a messed up aim by the explosion and the range is alot better.

But can ya make a pic of your mech and what kind of legs are you using? A max speed of 174 and that loadout is amazing..

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i have made the best mech ever

<3

i went into free battle and smoked 3 guys with heat seekers - they didn't do a little bit of damage on me because i'm a fortress - have no need for missile counters :D

basically... if i'm looking at you... run away!

i wonder how well this thing defends against artillery

edit: not well :lol but it's awesome against everything else!

After playing some great games with The Brigade on Saturday night, I spent a little time in the garage last night working on refining a couple of my mechs. I love tinkering in the garage.

I'm not sure who was in the lobby with me last night, I think it was 07 in the squad, but dude, you have to do something about that mic of yours. It cut out constantly, than would burst my ear drums with a blast of static and background noise ever 20-30 seconds. Very, very annoying. I think I'm still recovering today.

I finally got a mech I'm pretty happy with: 4 HEAT rockets and 3 Howitzers armored on the sides and in front, almost all Morskoj parts so very durable. Are there openings left in any of the squads in Morskoj?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
man, i've got chromehounds on the brain. i've been having chromehounds dreams. last night i dreamt i was participating in an all-mech reenactment of the battle of shrewsbury from henry iv, and was hiding behind a rock because i forgot to bring any weapons :x

Lame. Some British dudes called me a cheater because of a network bug. I got a message that one of them disconnected but apparently he didn't. So basically I was invisible to him because my end thought that he was out of the game. Then I destroyed their HQ and Mission Complete. After the game I got a chat request and heard I'm a cheater.

"We're gonna file a complaint! And then we're gonna post your gamertag in the forums!"

:lol

Sigh, I just left the brigade so sega could fix my -999 glitch. Only to figure out they probably meant 11:15am pacific since the tards didn't specify a time zone. I'll rejoin the squad tonight ^_^

My god, 2 weeks later and I finally have my money back. Entire thing took less than 5 minutes. Joined his squad, he gave me some really crappy missile launcher to sell, it gave me +999999999 to make up for the -999999999. Anyways, I told him thank you and he to wait a sec and he gave me some extra money. :) <3
Anyways, now I have +2639540 yay. I have 2 weeks of spending to make up for.
Anyways, I need back into NeoGAF brigade asap please. This is mattsonlyhope for those who dont know. :p

IJoel

drohne said:
man, i've got chromehounds on the brain. i've been having chromehounds dreams. last night i dreamt i was participating in an all-mech reenactment of the battle of shrewsbury from henry iv, and was hiding behind a rock because i forgot to bring any weapons :x

hahaha...

This game seems to really grab a hold of people and make them obsess about different hound combinations, attack techniques and the like. We need to set a 6v6 game so I can bring my spiker with NA jammer with me. MASSIVE DAMAGE FTW! :p

SiliconBean

Note to potential employers: mainlines heroin
Is the 13th still in Tarakia??!!! And are any spots left available???!!!

My two weeks hold is up and I should be able to change.

Or could I just make a squad and change at the end of the war?

The NeoGAF Brigade is still in Morskoj but I don't know how much longer we'll be there. I think the goal is to go to Sal Kar, buy up their equipment, and then head back to Tarakia. Seeing how most people in the Brigade has bought the Morskoj parts, I'd think a move should be happening sometime soon.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
The NeoGAF Brigade is still in Morskoj but I don't know how much longer we'll be there. I think the goal is to go to Sal Kar, buy up their equipment, and then head back to Tarakia. Seeing how most people in the Brigade has bought the Morskoj parts, I'd think a move should be happening sometime soon.

you guys all full? I am stuck in sal kar waiting for a squad but if you are coming by then I will just hook up when you do

Dekelia

I finally got the game last friday - Gamefly takes forever sometimes. I've played through soldier, scout and sniper on single player and I've played online a bit in freemission mode.

I need a squad. I keep trying to find one of the GAF squads but haven't been able to pull one up. Do any of you have spots open? I can schedule two or three nights a week to play (with other times being fairly random).

I heard the Brigade plays at 9:30 PM EST which is a good time for me. I don't know when the 13th plays.

I'm dying to get in on the war and do some real coordinated squad matches. That was my favorite part of Steel Batalion LoC and it looks to be alive and strong in this game.

So who can I join and what days/times do you play.

PS. I need some Chromehounds friends :) so send me an invite if you want. Gamertag is the same as my id here: Dekelia

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
so my first real test of my hound has produced astonishing results

i played in a free mission and killed 12 people before they were able to destroy my legs and then swarm me - which at that point led to my death :( still got another 3 kills in before the end of the match though :D

one tip i have for people that are only using 4 weapons - - - use all your slots in weapon settings!

that way when 1 gun goes down and you lose it's camera - you just flip to the next settings and voila! you have a camera again

Top Bottom