• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Ashodin

I'll say it again - the 13th has two spots open, and we're in Tarakia.

Check the front page, it lists who's in and who's out.

raYne

DarkAngelYuna said:
whee been hitting sumbit app for squad thingy for 2 hours now and it seems people from the brigade dont wanna get their butts online.. :(
Yeah, you probably should just post here and ask someone to log in so you can get it done. That'd be more efficient than randomly refreshing and hoping someone's online.

That's two hours wasted when you could've been playing some NW one on one's, getting cash and helping out your country. :p

raYne said:
Yeah, you probably should just post here and ask someone to log in so you can get it done. That'd be more efficient than randomly refreshing and hoping someone's online.

That's two hours wasted when you could've been playing some NW one on one's, getting cash and helping out your country. :p

I made like 3 posts already before that asking people to get on.. :p

shuri

Banned
I left my squad, and for some reasnos, I can't get to find the new clan even if people are online. My Allegiance is for Sal Kars right now, they are in Tarkmoj (or whatever)

could that be the problem?

shuri said:
I left my squad, and for some reasnos, I can't get to find the new clan even if people are online. My Allegiance is for Sal Kars right now, they are in Tarkmoj (or whatever)

could that be the problem?

Mhm, if you wanna join that squad then you need to change your side to theirs first.

raYne

Fallofmart said:
Is anyone online in any of the squads? I might log in and try to join...
Twilight (13th) is online at the moment.

BamYouHaveAids said:
Is the 13th ever going back to Sal Kar? I joined right after you guys moved out.
They only went to Sal Kar to get access to the weapons/armor etc. The 13th is really a Tarakian squad, as is the Brigade.

raYne said:
Twilight (13th) is online at the moment.

They only went to Sal Kar to get access to the weapons/armor etc. The 13th is really a Tarakian squad, as is the Brigade.
I know, but we have alot of new members who didn't get a chance to get Sal Kar weapons. (Like myself)

raYne

BamYouHaveAids said:
I know, but we have alot of new members who didn't get a chance yo get Sal Kar weapons. (Like myself)
Oh that's what you meant. I thought you were trying to join. :lol

*shrugs*

One of the plans beforehand was for a few guys with a lot of cash to buy extra parts for the people who weren't present. I'm guessing that fell through.. so Twilight should probably arrange a followup for you guys.

Next time he should probably make it official in this topic when it's planned again. This time setting dates/times so the rest of the squad knows exactly what's going on. The first time seemed more like a whim than something planned with the group.

Ashodin

raYne said:
Oh that's what you meant. I thought you were trying to join. :lol

*shrugs*

One of the plans beforehand was for a few guys with a lot of cash to buy extra parts for the people who weren't present. I'm guessing that fell through.. so Twilight should probably arrange a followup for you guys.

Next time he should probably make it official in this topic when it's planned again. This time setting dates/times so the rest of the squad knows exactly what's going on. The first time seemed more like a whim than something planned with the group.
Actually, we did do that - anyone who needs parts, just take a gander at the parts list Kobold posted a few pages back and tell us what you need.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
*sigh*

If it's any consolation, some of the guys that gave Chromehounds a bad score/review are changing their tune now that they've spent some time playing with the rest of us.

Then they should rescore the game.

Yay, 2 weeks later my money glitch is finally fixed. I'm back in the Brigade.. although I went from number 2 on the team down to the bottem of the list. *cries* Anyways, I have so much money saved from 2 weeks of not being able to spend it that I just bought 2-4 of every light arms item and 1-2 of everything else in the entire shop while we're on Morskoj.

Are we gonna hit up sal kar for a bit any time soon. I really hope we go back to our real country after sal kar instead of staying with sal kar or Morskoj. Takaraaasfaf (sp) <3

scaffa

Anyone else having connection problems? It takes like 5 or 10 seconds for getting into the lobby everytime..alot more atleast then normal. Am I the only one from the 13th having this problem?

Didnt have this problem before.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
my god the quitters in free battle are SO DAMN ANNOYING

3 matches in a row the host quit when we were pulverizing their team

grrr

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ok... out of boredom I created a third gaf squad

Name: NeoGAF Elite
password: X, Y, Left Trigger, Right Trigger
affiliation: Tarakia

eventually i hope we can have a gaf squad in all 3 countries - i couldn't choose sol kar because of the 2 week process, but eventually we should move to that system

Trasher

Was in a Free Battle game where some guy claimed to get his cockpit between his legs, but then I was disconnected and didn't get a chance to see :(

IJoel

hyp said:
if anyone cares... mark macdonald's extremely glowing video review of chromhounds:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4843

/end sarcasm

I sure hope they nail the next Battlefield game to the cross, or any other heavily mp laden game, when the single player is lacking. As a matter of fact, the single player mode serves its purpose quite well (to train you for mp.) Sure, it can be improved, but that's completely missing the point of the game.

Also the complaint about slow movement is simply naive. Want to move fast? Then get a scout hound. There's a reason for the different types of hounds.

It's like these reviewers completely miss the point. It's also interesting how a double standard is applied to this game, compared to say, Battlefield, or any other MP based shooter.

Nos_G

I still haven't found my RT type... I started out as a sniper, but lacks the firepower to actually make a difference in MP.
Made a soldier type, but my lack of progress with the sp and experience in mp only allows me to equip the standard equipment.
And so with heavy gunner, I'm always left at HQ to defend due to a slow mobility base, granted I'd like to actually start blowing ppl away, but as it is, 13th is extremely efficient with disassembling most advesaries.

Which RT type is 13th lacking? Maybe I can focus resources on that to help out a bit more in our missions.

IJoel said:

I sure hope they nail the next Battlefield game to the cross, or any other heavily mp laden game, when the single player is lacking. As a matter of fact, the single player mode serves its purpose quite well (to train you for mp.) Sure, it can be improved, but that's completely missing the point of the game.

Also the complaint about slow movement is simply naive. Want to move fast? Then get a scout hound. There's a reason for the different types of hounds.

It's like these reviewers completely miss the point. It's also interesting how a double standard is applied to this game, compared to say, Battlefield, or any other MP based shooter.

Seriously. Scouts are so fast.

The reviews don't really bother me. As has been pointed out many times, this is the game that really points out the inherent flaws in a review method that hasn't changed as gaming itself has dramatically done so. EGM does a pretty good service in revisiting games a few months later, but as long as numbers keep getting doled out at the moment of release, we'll have to deal with this sort of thing. But the good thing is that only very unsensible people are still taking these sorts of scores seriously. ("DOOD, I don't get it, didn't this game get wack scores?") Chromehounds seems to have actually done a great service by exposing the illegitimacy of this approach in the context of the modern gaming environment.

crunker99

Zotty said:
Anyone else having connection problems? It takes like 5 or 10 seconds for getting into the lobby everytime..alot more atleast then normal. Am I the only one from the 13th having this problem?

make sure your NAT on your Xbox360 test network connection thing says OPEN, mine said moderate and then i fixed it to OPEN and things picked up a lot

Ashodin

BenjaminBirdie said:
Seriously. Scouts are so fast.

The reviews don't really bother me. As has been pointed out many times, this is the game that really points out the inherent flaws in a review method that hasn't changed as gaming itself has dramatically done so. EGM does a pretty good service in revisiting games a few months later, but as long as numbers keep getting doled out at the moment of release, we'll have to deal with this sort of thing. But the good thing is that only very unsensible people are still taking these sorts of scores seriously. ("DOOD, I don't get it, didn't this game get wack scores?") Chromehounds seems to have actually done a great service by exposing the illegitimacy of this approach in the context of the modern gaming environment.
Where's my 13th Website bitch!?? Just kidding :lol :lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Zotty said:

This began happening to me last night as well.

I had zero connection issues and then suddenly last night I got my first random disconnect. Then all voice communications get really choppy and weird. Then I start getting the ghost lobby issue.... and now I can't join any games.

Really strange. I played CH for 2 weeks with absolutely no problems, then suddenly, it's screwed.

I'm going to try a few different things when I get home tonight to see if I can fix it. :(

This game is way too important to me.

I think the NeoGAF B. is full right now. I'll let you know when we have an opening. Sorry, I had to bump you to make room for bread eater.

Ah, I hit submit early by mistake.
Anyways today I'm having loads of connectiong issues with CH. First off it'll stay at connecting for 20+ seconds before going to the main lobby which is a first. Then during matches it's saying that other players have quit when they really haven't. Those players are invisble to me and I just stood next to one for like 2 minutes since I couldn't see it:lol It's happening almost every game I play in. The last game I played in said the host quit and kicked me to CH's main menu saying live disconnected.. It pissed me off so I'm getting something to eat now. Sorry for all the trouble Vince but either my isp or ch is being gay. :(

chespace

DarkAngelYuna said:
Ah, I hit submit early by mistake.
Anyways today I'm having loads of connectiong issues with CH. First off it'll stay at connecting for 20+ seconds before going to the main lobby which is a first. Then during matches it's saying that other players have quit when they really haven't. Those players are invisble to me and I just stood next to one for like 2 minutes since I couldn't see it:lol It's happening almost every game I play in. The last game I played in said the host quit and kicked me to CH's main menu saying live disconnected.. It pissed me off so I'm getting something to eat now. Sorry for all the trouble Vince but either my isp or ch is being gay. :(

Same exact problem I'm having too.

I'm going to try plugging straight into the cable modem tonight.

And try logging in under different gamertags too. I dunno, I'm paranoid that maybe it's individual gamertag sabotage.

Bleh, I've tried plugging my cable modem right into the 360, that didn't help at all. Also just tried 2 routers for the hell of it, of course that didn't work. It must be on the CH server side.

chespace

DarkAngelYuna said:
Bleh, I've tried plugging my cable modem right into the 360, that didn't help at all. Also just tried 2 routers for the hell of it, of course that didn't work. It must be on the CH server side.

1). Who's your provider? Mine is Comcast -- it could be a Comcast thing.

2). Have you tried another Gamertag? I wonder if it's tied to individual gamertags.

Jeff-DSA

chespace said:

2). Have you tried another Gamertag? I wonder if it's tied to individual gamertags.

I'm using Qwest DSL and I still haven't had any of the problems people are experiencing. Hopefully this gets worked out quickly though, this game is too good to suffer from downtime.

chespace said:

1. RoadRunner, Queens NY.
2. Nope, I don't have any other gamertags to try. It's weird though, it started last night and just got a lot worse today. =\

chespace

DarkAngelYuna said:
1. RoadRunner, Queens NY.
2. Nope, I don't have any other gamertags to try. It's weird though, it started last night and just got a lot worse today. =\

Damn, I wonder what it could be.

I played this game flawlessly for 2 weeks!

I changed nothing!

raYne

Nos_G said:
I still haven't found my RT type... I started out as a sniper, but lacks the firepower to actually make a difference in MP.
Made a soldier type, but my lack of progress with the sp and experience in mp only allows me to equip the standard equipment.
And so with heavy gunner, I'm always left at HQ to defend due to a slow mobility base, granted I'd like to actually start blowing ppl away, but as it is, 13th is extremely efficient with disassembling most advesaries.
Well you could always just make a hybrid. I have around 24 hounds in my stable and only 4-5 of them are dedicated solely to one class.

I disagree about the pure snipers being underpowered though. You're probably just using it wrong (or have the wrong weapon setup). The only real problem with the pure sniper class is that they lack the power up close. So if you're in one of the Capital levels or anywhere that you don't have a FAR view of the action, you'll be at a severe disadvantage.

If you have a good view of the battle field, keep your target away from you by moving etc, you'll inflict a lot of damage. Hell, you have a lot of options available at that point. Go for the kill with cockpit shots, take out his weapons/generator, take out his legs etc. You should also remember that the draw distance is improved when you're using sniper weapons. If you know what you're doing, and the target doesn't have sniper weapons, you can see him but he can't see you at all.

Dekelia

Kobold said:
It full now!

Bummer. This has been a totally wasted night of Chromehounds. I couldn't even get a single game (in about 2 hours) that went off correctly. So many drops, do many bad connections.

Someone told me when this first came out that it was the spiritual successor to Steel Battalion...unfortunately that seems all to true.

chespace

Dekelia said:
Bummer. This has been a totally wasted night of Chromehounds. I couldn't even get a single game (in about 2 hours) that went off correctly. So many drops, do many bad connections.

Someone told me when this first came out that it was the spiritual successor to Steel Battalion...unfortunately that seems all to true.

I think in the past couple days, connection issues have gotten really bad and have become a real issue. The thing is, it's happening to people who used to have good connections and still have open NAT ports, etc.

Hopefully they'll address it in the server update tonight at 2am.

Top Bottom