• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Vark

For some reason watching that hover video made me crave a new Heavy Gear game (that didn't control like ass).

avcables

Banned
Does someone from one of the squads have to be online in order for me to find the squad? I haven't found any of the mentioned squads so far.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
avcables said:
Does someone from one of the squads have to be online in order for me to find the squad? I haven't found any of the mentioned squads so far.

yes and 2 have to be in to approve you

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
avcables said:

NeoGAF Brigade is Sal Kar, btw.

sammy

chespace, who's been bumped out of the squad recently ----- I've been out of town since the weekend and Vark said he couldn't find me name (plus1chromosome) on the list

i probobly would've been 0% for the last war

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Confidence Man said:
So two squads are in Sal Kar and one in Tarakia?

2 in tarakia, 1 in sal kar

Tarakia
NeoGAF Elite
13th GAFHND SQD

Sal Kar
NeoGAF Brigade

the elite are in need of members :p Right now it's just Nutter and me - i'll be online in about 4 hours so if anyone wants to join - please do so

chespace

Holy christ, I was just beaten by a guy using like 8 grenade launchers.

Yes, I was dumb enough to get that close. :p

Kevtones

I just picked up this game today. I'm pretty new to the whole mech scene but I'm learning quick. If I get some tips on mech-building I'm sure I'd be an asset to the GAF Brigade.

How might I join this brigade??

chespace

Kevtones said:
I just picked up this game today. I'm pretty new to the whole mech scene but I'm learning quick. If I get some tips on mech-building I'm sure I'd be an asset to the GAF Brigade.

How might I join this brigade??

I think we might still have an opening.

Search in Sal kar for NeoGAF Brigade.

Passcode is LB, RB, LT, RT.

Karg

chespace said:
Holy christ, I was just beaten by a guy using like 8 grenade launchers.

Yes, I was dumb enough to get that close. :p

Those give you a good solid stun when you get smacked by those right?

IJoel

I created a fairly standard soldier which I think should be decent on the field.

It has 8 fast loading HEAT missile launchers, has reasonable speed, and a decent cockpit. Essentially it's non-stop missile launching action.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What are people's experiences with the other team disconnecting if they are losing? A guy in my squad said that he's fought and won about 70 battles, and 65 of them disconnected right before they lost. I was like "wow, 65 out of 70, this game must have the worst online community ever! Mind boggling!".

He then went on to say that Japanese players never disconnect when losing. And how he'll only play against them.

What has everyone's experience with obvious player-induced disconnects been like?

FlyinJ said:
What are people's experiences with the other team disconnecting if they are losing? A guy in my squad said that he's fought and won about 70 battles, and 65 of them disconnected right before they lost. I was like "wow, 65 out of 70, this game must have the worst online community ever! Mind boggling!".

He then went on to say that Japanese players never disconnect when losing. And how he'll only play against them.

What has everyone's experience with obvious player-induced disconnects been like?

Your friend is a liar.. I've had it since release and rarely encounter anyone disconnecting. I've had hundreds of battles and probably less than 10 disconnects.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hm...i've played hundreds of battles, i don't think i've seen more than a dozen deliberate disconnects, and i don't play many japanese players. i think your squadmate was exaggerating for rhetorical effect -- the chromehounds community seems quite good for an xbl game.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
drohne said:
hm...i've played hundreds of battles, i don't think i've seen more than a dozen deliberate disconnects, and i don't play many japanese players. i think your squadmate was exaggerating for rhetorical effect -- the chromehounds community seems quite good for an xbl game.

I pretty much assumed so. The squad I'm in is extremely human-phobic. I got on last night and said "Hey, why don't we fight some humans? It would be a lot more fun than these AI runs". This was the excuse I got.

They're ranked like professional ++, have master sergeants, and almost all of it was gained through fighting the AI. Ugh.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
FlyinJ said:
I pretty much assumed so. The squad I'm in is extremely human-phobic. I got on last night and said "Hey, why don't we fight some humans? It would be a lot more fun than these AI runs". This was the excuse I got.

They're ranked like professional ++, have master sergeants, and almost all of it was gained through fighting the AI. Ugh.
The simple cure is hosting your own games. They can disconnect, but you get your points if they do! :)

Plus, we've encountered some disconnecters, but not excessive amounts as of yet, mainly because we do the hosting now too.

KAOS

Speaking of disconnects. I got a glitch defeat today when an opponent disconnected, disappeared but was still on the battlefield. My inability to see him led to my squad's mission failure. I hope it was a random glitch and not a cheat glitch exploit.

Ashodin

Hilarious story -

It was me, purge, and OUT OF NAMES (33).

We fought two enemy spikers (they started with two, lol) and killed one before he even got to us. The second one we cornered (with all three of us surrounding him, lol!), and then he started floating into the sky, rofl! We all went "Whaat?" over the NA and kept shooting him, as he corkscrewed into the sky, and then he exploded.

Purge remarked "That's some Mary Poppins shit" and we all just burst into crazy laughter (maybe because it was so late, lol!)

Brannon

Cool, he was probably trying to use his hovers to escape. I noticed how easy it is to get rid of spike rushers recently. They'll come to your base, and as long as there are two people at the base, you can chase him around and always peg him before he can do serious damage. And they have a tendency to run away facing forward, leaving their backs and generators to you. Which just means you get to blow their generators as well as their legs and now they can't turn or move fast enough to defend themselves. Why runners don't slap a piece of armor on their generators, I'll never know; 240spd isn't that much different from 260spd when dealing with mechs stuck in the mid-100's.

Ashodin

DJ Brannon said:
Cool, he was probably trying to use his hovers to escape. I noticed how easy it is to get rid of spike rushers recently. They'll come to your base, and as long as there are two people at the base, you can chase him around and always peg him before he can do serious damage. And they have a tendency to run away facing forward, leaving their backs and generators to you. Which just means you get to blow their generators as well as their legs and now they can't turn or move fast enough to defend themselves. Why runners don't slap a piece of armor on their generators, I'll never know; 240spd isn't that much different from 260spd when dealing with mechs stuck in the mid-100's.
No, he wasn't using hovers at all, it was a game thing - disconnecters usually do odd things in-game not possible, like traveling on the same path (through air, it seems!)

KAOS

I've seen some hounds disappear into the ground and others spin up into the air. It's a disconnect glitch in all likelihood.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Maxrpg said:
Hilarious story -

It was me, purge, and OUT OF NAMES (33).

We fought two enemy spikers (they started with two, lol) and killed one before he even got to us. The second one we cornered (with all three of us surrounding him, lol!), and then he started floating into the sky, rofl! We all went "Whaat?" over the NA and kept shooting him, as he corkscrewed into the sky, and then he exploded.

Purge remarked "That's some Mary Poppins shit" and we all just burst into crazy laughter (maybe because it was so late, lol!)

That had to be one of the funniest moments I've ever had on LIVE. I had tears in my eyes becuase I was laughing so hard. Good times...

Ashodin

purgeface said:
That had to be one of the funniest moments I've ever had on LIVE. I had tears in my eyes becuase I was laughing so hard. Good times...
You gonna be on tonight man?

To all 13th GAFHND SQD - SUNDAY NIGHT IS CH NIGHT I Know some of you have been skipping out.

Mirik, get your butt on when we're on, man!!

Maxrpg said:
You gonna be on tonight man?

To all 13th GAFHND SQD - SUNDAY NIGHT IS CH NIGHT I Know some of you have been skipping out.

Mirik, get your butt on when we're on, man!!

Sunday -- SUNDAY NIGHT? Deadwood???

Kid, you're *************ing crazy. (Nah, I'll be on around midnight.)

:D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Maxrpg said:
You betta be on. <Strickland> SLACKER!

Maxrpg,

You are the soup Nazi of Chromehounds. Being on your squad must be like being the help in the kitchen. One mistake, and "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

Ashodin

DenogginizerOS said:
Maxrpg,

You are the soup Nazi of Chromehounds. Being on your squad must be like being the help in the kitchen. One mistake, and "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"
Naw, I just enjoy his company on the game, and he hasn't been playing too much recently. So I urge him to play more!

I played online over the weekend, but didn't bump into too many other members of the Brigade. Sorry Che, I got your invite the other night just as I was signing off.

I did manage to go back through all the Single Player missions and get an "S" rating on all of them, so now I have all the parts from Single Player. Woo hoo! Kind of cool to go into Free Play mode and see the whole screen filled with "S" ratings, and I got the medal for it as well.

Now I can stop obsessing about the parts in SP and play more online.

drohne

i was hoping we'd move back to tarakia -- i want that neumann chip that's apparently in shops now. i was thinking i'd wean myself off of chromehounds, what with goku makaimura out and dead rising imminent, but i had a bunch of great solo games last night, and i think i have a lot of chromehounds in me yet.

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I played online over the weekend, but didn't bump into too many other members of the Brigade. Sorry Che, I got your invite the other night just as I was signing off.

I did manage to go back through all the Single Player missions and get an "S" rating on all of them, so now I have all the parts from Single Player. Woo hoo! Kind of cool to go into Free Play mode and see the whole screen filled with "S" ratings, and I got the medal for it as well.

Now I can stop obsessing about the parts in SP and play more online.

You get different/better parts by getting S rankings? I may have to go through all that shit again.

drohne

i think most (all?) of the rafzakael parts you get in singleplayer are slightly nerfed versions of parts you can buy online.

Karg

Confidence Man said:
You get different/better parts by getting S rankings? I may have to go through all that shit again.

Yeah for getting a A ranking you get 1 part for that mission. S rank will grab you 2 parts. So if you need to go back you can get a S on a mission that you previously got a A on and grab that other part.

Top Bottom