• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Confidence Man said:
You get different/better parts by getting S rankings? I may have to go through all that shit again.

Oh yeah. Some of the parts are pretty nice as well, and since you don't have to buy them, it's a good way to get the parts, but I wasn't excited about trying to get an "S" on some of those missions that were a pain in the ass last time. Still, I made it through and collected all the parts.

I wish there was a way in the Online Shop where you could tell if you already owned a part from the SP gameplay. I'd hate to spend the cash on something I already own. I know the number in the parenthesis indicates if you own any, but it'll read (0) if you haven't bought them from the store, but still earned them in single player. Is there anyway to distinguish the differences? Am I missing something?

I think the parts you get in single player all have names that start with "RFZ."

The single player parts have generally lower stats (damage for weapons, durability for cockpits, etc) than the online parts, like drohne said, but also tend to be among the lightest for each type.

Trasher

slidewinder said:
I think the parts you get in single player all have names that start with "RFZ."
Yeah, they also will say "(Rafkaezal part)", or however the heck you spell it, in the description.

Trasher

This is what I hear as I enter the lobby: "...just finished it, and it's better than a penis."

To you Modus, I say congrats. Well played.

Trasher

Btw, I was checking out the Chromehounds site and was wondering where I can look at my stats. All it shows are the top 30 squads.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Man, super awesome night with the Brigade tonight.

We had 9 people in the room for a good long time, and we split off into 5 and 4 player matches.

Had some really harrowing wins with Denogginizer, TJ Trasher, breadeater (dark fact on gaf), pocketfudge, and more. It literally came down to grabbing the last combas and winning by seconds.

This kind of scares me, but the game tells me I've logged nearly 115 hours into Chromehounds. :(

Akia

chespace said:
This kind of scares me, but the game tells me I've logged nearly 115 hours into Chromehounds. :(

It scares me too :(
Forza 2 is still coming out this holiday right?

Chichikov

Trasher said:
Btw, I was checking out the Chromehounds site and was wondering where I can look at my stats. All it shows are the top 30 squads.
As far as I know, you can only check your personal stats in game.

Note that the translation is pretty messed up, so
Shots fired = enemy hounds killed.
Enemy defeated = how many times you were killed.

Plus it makes no differentiation between CPU and human battles, which kinda sucks.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
For those who don't have me on their friends list add TJ Bennett. I'm #33 (Larry Legend) in the NeoGAF Brigade.

BTW, the new decal pWnz.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Maxrpg said:
You gonna be on tonight man?

To all 13th GAFHND SQD - SUNDAY NIGHT IS CH NIGHT I Know some of you have been skipping out.

Mirik, get your butt on when we're on, man!!
Sadly my butt is on european time now, and i keep falling the hell asleep before any of you crackers comes on, roar and i just sit there alone in the lobby!!!! :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
TJ Bennett said:
For those who don't have me on their friends list add TJ Bennett. I'm #33 (Larry Legend) in the NeoGAF Brigade.

BTW, the new decal pWnz.

New decal? Don't tell me someone ditched the NeoGAF Brigade decal.

Some guy in free battle last night had these guns, I don't know what they were but they were insanely powerful. He had three on each side, and one volley of three shots would take out half my weapons and put a nice dent in my chassis. They seemed to be some kind of rifle or cannon, they weren't that big and they fired fast and pretty accurately. Any idea what they are? I've messed around with the strongest Morskoj rifles I could buy but never came close to doing the kind of damage those guns were doing.

DenogginizerOS said:
New decal? Don't tell me someone ditched the NeoGAF Brigade decal.

Sorry Deno. :(

Now we're all pink and sportin' Hello Kitty, rainbows, and the monster GAF pic. Our new strategy is to blind our opponent with our homosexuality!

We, or at least I, still have the old decal saved though.

chespace

Confidence Man said:
Some guy in free battle last night had these guns, I don't know what they were but they were insanely powerful. He had three on each side, and one volley of three shots would take out half my weapons and put a nice dent in my chassis. They seemed to be some kind of rifle or cannon, they weren't that big and they fired fast and pretty accurately. Any idea what they are? I've messed around with the strongest Morskoj rifles I could buy but never came close to doing the kind of damage those guns were doing.

Hey, I think I ran into the same guy and/or weapon.

He was a bi-pedal (Morskoj spec) and not reverse-joint, and the gun didn't seem to do much recoil to him.

The rate of fire was insanely fast for the damage he did, and they were shot with pinpoint accuracy. He basically would take out my shit in a few well placed shots.

I kept trying to figure out what he was using. My only guess would be some crazy powerful experimental assault rifles? Because it really didn't handle like anything else. Sniper cannons would have had too much kickback (a cluster of 3 and on a bi-pedal).

Hmm....

DenogginizerOS

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Sorry Deno. :(

Now we're all pink and sportin' Hello Kitty, rainbows, and the monster GAF pic. Our new strategy is to blind our opponent with our homosexuality!

We, or at least I, still have the old decal saved though.

And now I am depressed.

chespace

DenogginizerOS said:
And now I am depressed.

It's actually not as bad as you think.

The Hello Kitty emblem is very well done, as is the NeoGAF weeble monster.

And there's no satisfaction like beating a squad with Hello Kitty mechs. ;)

DenogginizerOS

chespace said:
It's actually not as bad as you think.

The Hello Kitty emblem is very well done, as is the NeoGAF weeble monster.

And there's no satisfaction like beating a squad with Hello Kitty mechs. ;)

We are pink? We have Hello Kitty? And we are PINK! This is a turn I wasn't expecting
and I am laughing my ass off thinking of what our enemies will think. I can hear them now, "Dude! We were assraped by pink mecks with Hello Kitty!"

Trasher

chespace said:
Whenever I log into WoW it needs to remind me that I have logged 100 days :(

Btw, those guns that you guys are talking about, I think I know what they are called. Last night I was checking out the official Chromehounds forum and people were talking about a certain kind of weapon that is very powerful. They can take out a cockpit in 2-3 hits, and take out the legs or treads in the same. They are called the Sabres, and I believe they were one of the Marketplace downloads. I guess it is a pretty popular strategy to use 4 of these things set to pairs. The downside to them is that they can only carry up to 8 shots, or so I was lead to believe on this forum. I was just about to hop on and see for myself if these things are for real.

Karg

Trasher said:
Whenever I log into WoW it needs to remind me that I have logged 100 days :(

Btw, those guns that you guys are talking about, I think I know what they are called. Last night I was checking out the official Chromehounds forum and people were talking about a certain kind of weapon that is very powerful. They can take out a cockpit in 2-3 hits, and take out the legs or treads in the same. They are called the Sabres, and I believe they were one of the Marketplace downloads. I guess it is a pretty popular strategy to use 4 of these things set to pairs. The downside to them is that they can only carry up to 8 shots, or so I was lead to believe on this forum. I was just about to hop on and see for myself if these things are for real.

Yup free, limited ammo but very nasty. Slap those expensive HEAT rounds on them and you can one shot a cockpit with no cooling in a 3 shot volley. Played some Free For All Unlimited with a guy that had that setup and it was disgusting. Made me twinge when he hit me with some of the shots.......but the low ammo would almost make you a HQ bitch to stay there and resupply all the time.

Trasher

If this is our new squad emblem, then I suggest we change our color back to the grey. It is almost impossible to see on this yellow.

Karg said:
Yup free, limited ammo but very nasty. Slap those expensive HEAT rounds on them and you can one shot a cockpit with no cooling in a 3 shot volley. Played some Free For All Unlimited with a guy that had that setup and it was disgusting. Made me twinge when he hit me with some of the shots.......but the low ammo would almost make you a HQ bitch to stay there and resupply all the time.

Re...supply...?

You can resupply your ammo at base???

!!!

Karg

BenjaminBirdie said:
Re...supply...?

You can resupply your ammo at base???

!!!

Is that option only on for Free Matches? I know Free Battles you can but not sure about any War related missions. Anyone know for sure?

Karg said:
Is that option only on for Free Matches? I know Free Battles you can but not sure about any War related missions. Anyone know for sure?
I hope you can, if you can I'm going to be a base bitch. I'm never leaving it's going to be my new home.

chespace

I didn't want to seem like I was trolling in that Gundam for PS3 thread, but looking at those screenshots only reminded me yet again of HOW FCUKING GOOD Chromehounds looks.

Here's Gundam...

3.jpg

And here's a comparable Chromehounds shot...

CH00027.jpg

Overall, the HDR lighting/shadowing and volumetric smoke and particle effects rape just about any game I've ever played.... here's Gundam's battle:

mobile-suit-gundam-20060804022440325.jpg

And Chromehounds' battle scene...

CH00032.jpg

CH00253.jpg

CH00246.jpg

CH00029.jpg

Anyway, you get the idea. :eek:

chespace

Confidence Man said:
I was able to switch to Tarakia, are there any openings in one of the squads?

There should be an opening in the NeoGAF Brigade. I made a spot for Marty Chinn last night but he wasn't able to join cuz we kept going off into battle.

Passcode is LB, RB, LT, RT.

chespace said:
There should be an opening in the NeoGAF Brigade. I made a spot for Marty Chinn last night but he wasn't able to join cuz we kept going off into battle.

Passcode is LB, RB, LT, RT.

Well, I don't want to steal his spot. I'll wait till someone leaves/gets booted.

chespace

Confidence Man said:
Well, I don't want to steal his spot. I'll wait till someone leaves/gets booted.

Don't worry about it, I'll boot someone else.

I'm happy to say that at least 75% of the NeoGAF Brigade plays consistently though.

Last night we had 9 people in the lobby for hours...

chespace said:
Don't worry about it, I'll boot someone else.

I'm happy to say that at least 75% of the NeoGAF Brigade plays consistently though.

Last night we had 9 people in the lobby for hours...

Alright, cool. You guys still on at night?

Treo360

Anyone notice the overabundance of Double Barreled Mechs Lately? Annoying to say the least.

First it's Pikers now it's the DB Brigade.

IJoel

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
NeoGAF Brigade - for those that haven't seen it yet, this is our new look. The pics are awful 'cause they were taken with my cell phone camera but you get the idea.

kitty1.jpg

kitty2.jpg

:lol That is awesome.

Ashodin

Treo360 said:
Anyone notice the overabundance of Double Barreled Mechs Lately? Annoying to say the least.

First it's Pikers now it's the DB Brigade.
Agreed

It's getting very annoying lately.

But still, this game is balanced enough that skill can still overpower DB mechs. If you can cut them off (2 on 1) then you've got the advantage.

Trasher

So I just tried out these Sabres for the first time. My very first shot with one of them is a direct hit to this guy's cockpit, and it takes him down. These seem to be a bit rigged in my opinion, but I shall enjoy them. :)

3rdman

Hey che! Out of curiousity, what would have given Chromehounds had you remained at 1up? No trying to stir anything up or anything, I was just curious. For me this has easily been the surprise title of the year (thus far)! I've really been surprised by the poor reviews even though I understand why they scored it the way they did.

Also, I'm sure its already been answered, but I'm lazy... Is there a way to take your online parts to the single player game?

Chichikov

Trasher said:
So I just tried out these Sabres for the first time. My very first shot with one of them is a direct hit to this guy's cockpit, and it takes him down. These seem to be a bit rigged in my opinion, but I shall enjoy them. :)
I'm not next to my 360, but IIRC, the sabers have very low ammo (I want to say 8 shots) and pretty long reload time.
But yeah, direct hit from those in your cockpit will mess you up pretty bad.

And regarding the double barrels (can we call them noon-canons now? It ain't an online game until we christen some weapon as a noob-xxx), yes, they are annoying, and seem pretty overpowering. I don't really see any obvious drawbacks for them at the moment, but I hope someone would come up with an effective counter to them (remember the days when people thought piles where THE superweapon? Yeah, good times).
I actually built a hound last night (when no one was online *hint hint*) designed to take them down.
Can't wait to test it.

Top Bottom