• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Does anyone really use the spacers? I've fooled around with them when trying to create a certain look, but the hound always turned out to be impractical. Spacers weigh too much to be usefull and I'd rather trim that exta fat for more speed or to make room for another weapon or assist part.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Uh, guys, if you look at the Japanese website, the puzzling thing is that none of the weapons and spacers there are new... for instance, the Morskoj MS1000 guided missiles... I have that already. All those weapons look old in fact. I even have those spacers too.

This might be a way for those who stay in one country consistently to buy parts from other countries via Xbox Live points... who knows.

Have a look...

http://chromehounds.com/jp/chn_html/index.html

Plus, the fact that the English community hasn't even mentioned this fact (or freaked out about it more like) might mean this is only for Japan?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The second you have to pay to maintain balance in this game because new more powerful weapons are made available for purchase is the day I stop playing.

DenogginizerOS said:
The second you have to pay to maintain balance in this game because new more powerful weapons are made available for purchase is the day I stop playing.

Agreed!

But Che may be right on this one. Looks like they are items that are available in game already, although it's odd that they'd sell 'em like that.

Kingpen

do you guys have room for a total newb on any of the GAF squads.... I'm deciding to give the game a 2nd chance before I take it back. Playing with other GAF players is basically the make or break for me.

Hitler said in another thread he would be willing to help out with bonus parts and money... All help would be appreciated...

I'll check back later.

DenogginizerOS

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Agreed!

But Che may be right on this one. Looks like they are items that are available in game already, although it's odd that they'd sell 'em like that.

I agree with Che. I was just putting out there that I refuse to have to pay to keep this game balanced.

DenogginizerOS said:
I agree with Che. I was just putting out there that I refuse to have to pay to keep this game balanced.

Yeah. My only fear with selling weapons packs is that they make them so powerful and unbalancing that it means you pretty much have to upgrade to them to stay in the game. Hope that never happens.

DenogginizerOS

Kingpen said:
do you guys have room for a total newb on any of the GAF squads.... I'm deciding to give the game a 2nd chance before I take it back. Playing with other GAF players is basically the make or break for me.

Hitler said in another thread he would be willing to help out with bonus parts and money... All help would be appreciated...

I'll check back later.

Attention NeoGAF Brigade Members: Who here (if anyone) is in the brigade that does not want to be in it? If you can make room for those who have time to play it more regularly, that would be very helpful.

DenogginizerOS said:
Attention NeoGAF Brigade Members: Who here (if anyone) is in the brigade that does not want to be in it? If you can make room for those who have time to play it more regularly, that would be very helpful.

Judging from last night, that could be just about anyone! :lol

DenogginizerOS

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Vince, Mattsonlyhope, Trasher, m0dus, spooka, and I were on last night. Most of the time was spent just bullshitin' in the lobby, but we were on damnit! :p

Kung Fu and I and... and... and... Well, we were on for close to 2 hours and then 11PM hit and I needed to get some sleep. But we were on damnit! :lol The key is for all of us to be on AT THE SAME TIME.

Trasher

If we start focusing on different RT's for everyone then...... I CALL SNIPER!

While I was bored last night, I built a hound with 7 of those Sabre cannons. It pretty much was a heavysniper RT. I was hoping to fit 8 of those things on there, but it was just too much weight. If we had one of those sitting at our base no one would even get close.

Flo_Evans

I want to play with you dudes but I am too busy with dead rising right now. It sounds like you guys will be playing for a long time though! :)

Trasher

No, no, no. Last night you showed everyone where your true talents are - forward scout. You can go ahead and find empty bases for us to attack.
LOL. I just played that map in a 1v1. Modus was attacking base 3. It was base 2. :)

DenogginizerOS

m0dus said:
It's called a TACTIC. WE WILL DEFEAT THE MOROSKOJ BY LOWERING THEIR PROPERTY VALUES. It's ****ing GENIUS.

I make no excuse for not looking for a flag on the side of the base. Not my most proud moment in gaming by far :lol I just assumed it was theirs 'cause they were guarding it :)

It is stuff like this that makes me want to stay up later. :lol

DenogginizerOS

Trasher said:
You have a point, they could use those bases in the future!

spits lunch on monitor

Modus, you need to get a pair of earmuffs for your mech, Something About Mary style. The other team won't take you seriously when you start attacking their other property.

Trasher said:
Btw, I believe Modus and I upgraded the squad from Professional to Master last night. We now get 8 more lottery parts!

Great! Maybe I can finally take part in the lottery. They always seem to be filled when I try.

The best part is that m0dus died trying to take it down and then started to direct our fire in that direction. So we were all lobing shells over at nothing while an enemy mech moved past us and started to attack our base. Our REAL base.

The best part is that m0dus died trying to take it down and then started to direct our fire in that direction. So we were all lobing shells over at nothing while an enemy mech moved past us and started to attack our base. Our REAL base.

Ok, this story continues to get funnier and funnier every time I enter the thread. Would have liked to have seen that! :D

Trasher

LOL. Modus: "GUYS ITS BASE 3! IT HAS LIKE ONE HIT LEFT! TAKE IT OUT QUICK! COMPUTERS ARE TOO HARD TO BEAT SO JUST KILL THE BASE!"
Squad: "Hey we just killed the base. It doesn't have an enemy flag on it. We hate you Modus."

Trasher

Hopefully I can get on a bit earlier tonight, depending when I get home from work, but since it's Friday I'm hoping you all will be on a lot later.

chespace

Okay so let's get a role call here...

Scout: Denogginizer
Soldier: drohne (?)
Sniper: Trasher
Defender: ?
Heavy Gunner: ?
Commander: ?

I can be defender with a variety of mechs, including sniper/defender hybrids, as well as a reverse-joint twin-double-barrel mofo, etc. I'll basically fill in whatever is left depending on what DJ Brannan and folks come back with.

Also, we should start strategizing on what role types we want to bring out to battle on certain types of maps...

For instance, in urban territories where most all firefights are close quarters, we may want to roll out with this:

scout, soldier (x2), defender, HVG, and commander.

On a long distance map, we should go out with more snipers and definitely an HVG.

Trasher

I know you may not think a sniper would be effective on an urban map, but in those close quarters, if I can get the jump on the guy and the first shot, a sniper would still be very handy. And it seems all those maps have a river and wide open space where a sniper could keep a scope on.

I MUST SNIPE AT ALL TIMES!

chespace

Trasher said:
I know you may not think a sniper would be effective on an urban map, but in those close quarters, if I can get the jump on the guy and the first shot, a sniper would still be very handy. And it seems all those maps have a river and wide open space where a sniper could keep a scope on.

I MUST SNIPE AT ALL TIMES!

I'm not saying one way or the other... all I'm saying is that we should have this debate here and figure out a few good squad configurations.

Plus, we need to account for the fact that we can almost never get an actual 6v6 game going. :p

IJoel

I agree with consistent RTs for the members. At least have 2 consistent RTs for each member so that they can switch and not get bored.

I'm not too much into a particular RT for some reason... at least yet. I guess I've done Soldier+Heavy Gunner and Commander the most, so I can do either of those.

Trasher

We should also consider the hound makeups for 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5 since that is pretty much what we play the most.

If I had to choose my second main RT it would probably be a defender.

chespace

Good god, here is the latest Morskoj secret weapon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgT9xu4X60

Watch the entire intro sequence -- it is ****ing AWESOME.

Talk about military fetishism. This is totally over the top. The close-up of the artillery shell being stuffed into the chamber, etc. I love the aesthetic of this game. :)

This heavy gunner just sits on a hill and drops 70 or so rounds from his double-barrel and single-barrel quad-hound onto this thing and it doesn't even faze it.

How are we supposed to take these things out?

chespace

BTW, Maschinen Krieger says hi.

waveganspack01.JPG

waveganspack02.JPG

gansandkusuter01.JPG

Wonder if the From Soft Team 2 guru is a Kow Yokoyama worshipper. Cuz this game is basically Maschinen Krieger... :p

Trasher said:
Wtf is that secret weapon? Where did this come from? Is there a part of this game I'm missing???

I think I've read somewhere that it has to do with the amount of money your country has, and the donations that are given by players that progress the technology along the tech tree throughout the course of a war.

Karg

chespace said:

Talk about military fetishism. This is totally over the top. The close-up of the artillery shell being stuffed into the chamber, etc. I love the aesthetic of this game. :)

This heavy gunner just sits on a hill and drops 70 or so rounds from his double-barrel and single-barrel quad-hound onto this thing and it doesn't even faze it.

Wow, I've seen the Sal Kar one before and now this one. Just disgusting.

Trasher

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I think I've read somewhere that it has to do with the amount of money your country has, and the donations that are given by players that progress the technology along the tech tree throughout the course of a war.
So these may randomly spawn in a certain battle field when the nation gets enough money to make one? That would seem impossible to win a 6v6 with one of those on the other team's side.

chespace

Heh, this "Marsboat" Maschinen Krieger kinda reminds me of that Sal Kar secret weapon. :p

it_n038.jpg

Trasher said:
So these may randomly spawn in a certain battle field when the nation gets enough money to make one? That would seem impossible to win a 6v6 with one of those on the other team's side.

Not positive, but I think so. And I believe you get an "Emergency" message from the News telling you where it's located and that squads are requested to attack it ASAP or something.

chespace said:

WThhhh I had One Winged Angel playing on winamp while watcing this video.. it just went so well with it.. *cries*
We don't have to fight it... if we go back to that country :) Jk

Top Bottom