• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Nice "Postcards"! Very cool. Damn, I love this game. Just wish I could find the time to play more when the rest of the Brigade is on. I play every night, but generally in the earlier hours.

Still, I've been having some great 1 vs. 1 matches lately.

I just ordered this and it'll be in my hands by next week. I sthe platoon still open for new recruits?

If so, count me in.

GT: Unemplizoid.

Goddamnit, I still have the no-chat bug after all these weeks, even after trying out different headsets.

I'm almost ready to give up on this game. :(

KAOS

I played a morning death match with some Japanese players with some intresting hound designs. In the match I fought against snipers and pile scouts including a side ways pile scout. But most intresting of all was a Brontosaurus looking air hound that floatted of the ground for a little bit and caused damage when it would land. I have no idea what it was using to cause the damage but I felt it!

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
gettergooey said:
Goddamnit, I still have the no-chat bug after all these weeks, even after trying out different headsets.

I'm almost ready to give up on this game. :(
You have tried Sega support?

Trasher

KAOS said:
I played a morning death match with some Japanese players with some intresting hound designs. In the match I fought against snipers and pile scouts including a side ways pile scout. But most intresting of all was a Brontosaurus looking air hound that floatted of the ground for a little bit and caused damage when it would land. I have no idea what it was using to cause the damage but I felt it!
Very interesting. Btw, does anyone know how high those damn things lift you? I'm too lazy to make a hound with them.

DenogginizerOS said:
No games tonight :(

That, or I am now stuck in an alternate lobby again.

WTF?

Is this a known bug? I think this is happening to me.

When I go to Live, it gives me the server maintenance message, then the one about not being able to play the war, etc. When I click that "yes" that is ok, it takes me to the main hub, where I get a message saying "Normal play is now possible" and then I have to click OK, and it boots me back to the title screen...

and this cycle is going on and on and on and on and on...

KAOS

The rotors don't lift you that far of the ground but it really depends on the plain and when it is used. I'm just curious to know what it was that he used that caused the damage when he landed.

Trasher

Ummm, can anyone participate in the war right now? It keeps saying that the servers are resetting, but when I continue on it then tells me it is possible to play in the war.

Trasher

Jonnyram said:
The war is over. They're resetting the servers now. You can play but it doesn't count towards the war.
Yes I know, but it says normal gameplay may resume now, but it still won't let me play.

Trasher you killed me and I wasn't even playing Chromehounds. I was doing the bomb run in Dead Rising and you kept jumping online which brought up the alert icon which hid the damn arrow at the top of the screen so I couldn't tell where to go. I was waiting for your name to disappear when Carlito ran me over with his truck.

I blame you Trasher!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Trasher you killed me and I wasn't even playing Chromehounds. I was doing the bomb run in Dead Rising and you kept jumping online which brought up the alert icon which hid the damn arrow at the top of the screen so I couldn't tell where to go. I was waiting for your name to disappear when Carlito ran me over with his truck.

I blame you Trasher!

Hey, wait... what the F.UCK are you doing playing Dead Rising?

I have my copy right here and it's still unopened!

Brannon

I'd be on, but my first love is books, and I'm finishing up Song of Susannah. Speaking of which, somebody needs to put piles in Stephen King's ass for putting himself in the book. The hella?

Other than that, thumbs up for a most entertaining series. Now when does book seven hit paperback? I'm cheap like that.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I have my copy right here and it's still unopened!

hey, my copy is opened, has been played, but it's been put back on the shelf for a hile...

I bought an Armoured Core model last night, but damn - i'd kill for them to do sets of Chrome hounds parts.

And i'm still holding out hope for a Chrome hounds pilot shirt at TGS.

chespace

Welp, I'm about to go and buy that assault rifle and guided missile launcher.

This could spell the beginning of the end. Who knows. Maybe not.

Edit: Okay, please don't kill me, but I went and bought all the parts. :(

DarkAngelYuna said:
Wow.. I have a feeling I won't be playing CH much more. F you microsoft and sega. F you.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this move. I'll wait to see how it effects the battlefield though.

Che: If you keep buying the shit, they'll keep putting it out. I took a stand in Oblivion and I'm doing it here too! DLC needs to be worth it. All of these things rolled up into a weapons pack for 200 points is worth it. 100 points apiece, probably not.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Wow.. I have a feeling I won't be playing CH much more. F you microsoft and sega. F you.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this move. I'll wait to see how it effects the battlefield though.

Che: If you keep buying the shit, they'll keep putting it out. I took a stand in Oblivion and I'm doing it here too! DLC needs to be worth it. All of these things rolled up into a weapons pack for 200 points is worth it. 100 points apiece, probably not.

Kung Fu Jedi said:

It was such an important thing to say, I had to quote myself!

or double post!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm pretty sure i fought someone with the burst-fire assault rifles. they didn't seem much good. i'm buying the rockets and the machineguns...can't say i care for this microtransactions business, and this seems like a particularly egregious instance...but i really wanna try those rockets.

Dekelia

DarkAngelYuna said:

Why? Can't we all just wait and see how this affects everything? I don't plan on buying these but the only reason I'd be anoyed with it is if they are used to create broken builds. I'd be just as annoyed if they had free parts that create broken builds though.

I agree they are way overpriced, but I think it'll just take awhile for the prices and sizes of these transactions to be set by the market. They'll eventually be fine. If they break the game with these parts though, that is another matter.

Thing about this game is that you can still play the game with or without the parts with people who have them. It isn't like an FPS or what have you where you must be constantly buying stuff to play with everyone who can.

That said, the prices for this gear are insane. I fully expected to pay for weapons released on Live but not that much for them. 12.50 is nuts considering that is abou 1/5th the price of a full game and this isn't 1/5th of a games content.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
alright, i don't think i like the new rockets. their penetration power is actually a bit lower than that of the basic sal kar rockets, they reload slowly, and their range is noticeably shorter. their muzzle velocity is supposed to be slow too, though i didn't really notice it. their unadvertised advantage seems to be that they're much lighter than other rockets...i'm going to see what i can do with that saved weight this evening.

the machineguns are of the fire-and-forget variety. i'm going to test them later to see how their damage over time compares to the morskoj machineguns.

chespace

Hmm, just tried out most of the new parts and couldn't really tell you why they're good or even worth the money I just spent on them... other than the assault rifle I guess because it fires a 3 shot burst (and so a quad cluster could be deadly I suppose). Problem with the assault rifle is that it runs out of ammo real fast, even with the 150 round clip (really that's only 50 shots per rifle).

Oh, and the assault rifles (called Hangar) also weighs quite a bit more than the heaviest Morskoj AR... definitely balanced for their extra burst.

Well the good news is that none of this stuff will tip the balance of the game. Folks will still be using their double barrels. Bad news is that I just paid for a bunch of useless parts. Haven't tried those HEAT rockets but from the stats, it actually looks worse than these Sal Kar ones you could buy at the store. :p

Trasher

Hitler Stole My Potato said:

I blame you Trasher!
It's my way of telling you to GET THE **** OFF DR!

Kingpen

I am going to be roughing it in the wilderness camping with my wife tonight..... I hope to get back on with you guys some other time this weekend...

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Kung Fu Jedi said:

of course if you actually look at the parts none of them are really worth the money, so where's the harm? unlike that ****ing double barrel cannon...sign i wish they could just take that out of the game

Treo360

Well the triple fire rifles rule. 2000 damage (approximately) per trigger pull (grouped in 4 rifles) and a rather nice reload time too.

Treo360

only problem is that you can only dish about 6000 if you're dead on. After that they become shields (and not very good ones too)

Ashodin

Okay, I think I'll be buying the assault rifle. People here seem to think it's useful, compared to the other parts, so here goes!

chespace

Treo360 said:
only problem is that you can only dish about 6000 if you're dead on. After that they become shields (and not very good ones too)

6000 points if you're dead on for a constant barrage (up to 50 times) is... uh, very powerful.

That is, only if you're dead on.

The problem here isn't that the rifle isn't powerful (I'm sure it can be in the right hands), but out on a real battlefield, ammo is most definitely a problem if you're not conservative. Unlike cannons which only carry 42 rounds or less, this AR reloads quickly and shoots without stopping you in your tracks -- which means you'll have a tendency to just leave your finger on the trigger as you circle strafe your enemy. 50 (150 / 3 shots per fire) rounds go by REAL FAST like that.

The other drawback to them is that they're very heavy. Like, 542 units heavy. Packing 4 of these rifles will leave little room for other concentrated clusters of weaponry.

Ashodin

Depends on what kind of legs you're packing. If nothing else, these new weapons are interesting as a challenge to include them onto your hound.

ATTENTION FIRTEEMF:

Sorry I haven't been on lately. On top of moving, I also got a massive deadline out of nowhere and two more of my comics are launching this Monday. And I'll be internetless for the beginning of next week. After Thursday, though, I'm back for REALS.

We now return you to our previously scheduled discussion on Microtransactions, already in progress.

Ashodin

BenjaminBirdie said:
ATTENTION FIRTEEMF:

Sorry I haven't been on lately. On top of moving, I also got a massive deadline out of nowhere and two more of my comics are launching this Monday. And I'll be internetless for the beginning of next week. After Thursday, though, I'm back for REALS.

We now return you to our previously scheduled discussion on Microtransactions, already in progress.
Riiight.

/cry

Top Bottom