• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Maxrpg said:
Depends on what kind of legs you're packing. If nothing else, these new weapons are interesting as a challenge to include them onto your hound.

Well at the very least, if you switch to legs with more load capacity, you'll be moving much slower. Not exactly ideal for soldier and scout builds. And if it's more firepower you're looking for and you have the legs for them, why not just pack double barrels or cannons?

Ashodin

The cannons are AWESOME - they really hit their mark when you aim correctly.

The rifles are similarly very good - they don't run out of ammo as fast as you think, and they strip weapons off like butter.

100 points for one gun, where as a whole car in PGR3 is 60? seems a bit silly to me :p

luckily i dont think i need any of the weapons, so it doesnt bother me as much as some other overpriced things :p

Ashodin

GAF Hound players - 3 more spots are open in the Squad, so if anyone wants to join up and play with the FIGHTIN 13th, look for squad:

13th GAFHND SQD

and join up!

chespace

Maxrpg said:
The cannons are AWESOME - they really hit their mark when you aim correctly.

The rifles are similarly very good - they don't run out of ammo as fast as you think, and they strip weapons off like butter.

I haven't really tried those cannons yet so I will give them a whirl later. I checked the stats and they didn't seem any better or much worse than Anelace cannons. I guess you really do have to just try them to see how accurate they are.

chespace

Maxrpg said:
I would try the machine guns too - they're the fastest firing machine guns in the game.

I did... and they sure burn through their 270 rounds very quickly. :p

chespace

My Arms Your Hearse said:
The cannons aren't so hot. They weigh too much for what you get.

They weigh more than anelace, reload slower, do less damage... but are more accurate. :p

Some of the action there was awesome looking. Anyone interested in this game should check out the battling going on. Better views in this than any youtube video I've seen.

chespace said:
Looks like I missed it... now it's just the GS guys talking their heads off. Yawn.

You didn't miss much. Just a normal noob match by people who call themselves pros. Just all double canon users + 1 guy with 3 missile launchers it seemed.

They need to add about 500 to 1000 weight to the Double Cannons (no more Bipeds!). They only weigh about ~400 more than the other Heavy Guns yet they do more than twice the damage of any of them, and ungodly wide splash damage. At least Heat Seekers have to be close and you can still aim if you're getting hit.

Rekwest

Maxrpg said:
GAF Hound players - 3 more spots are open in the Squad, so if anyone wants to join up and play with the FIGHTIN 13th, look for squad:

13th GAFHND SQD

and join up!

I will join you! at what time do you play?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I've discovered that the new Miami Vice Movie soundtrack works well with Chromehounds in some parts in case anyone has it. Don't laugh.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
They need to add about 500 to 1000 weight to the Double Cannons (no more Bipeds!). They only weigh about ~400 more than the other Heavy Guns yet they do more than twice the damage of any of them, and ungodly wide splash damage. At least Heat Seekers have to be close and you can still aim if you're getting hit.
quoted for truth!

Vagrant

Not to mention they have very good durability and are big enough to shield the sides of their cockpit, have lots of ammo so no support guns are neccesary, and they are semi-effective base-killers from a distance as well. I can't think of any downside other then hitting themselves at close range.

Luckily the vast majority of teams that consist mostly, or even entirely of dual cannons users suck and employ poor tactics. Often they'll just try and find a high spot to shell you from or get cocky and mindlessly charge at you and your base while failing to consider combas' and protecting their own base. A good commander does wonders against these guys since you can ambush, divide and conquer, or keep them busy while someone guts their base. Having Kobold/Mirik around is probably the reason I've killed so many at point blank range without them even knowing I was there.

Well, I can't find a good squad so I simply play free matches (team deathmatch or team unlimited) so strategy, as far as capturing COMBAS towers and Bases doesn't really matter. And yea, those things are ~8000 ****ing durability each. WTF?

I'd actually be cool if they just removed the "disorientation" effect of splash damage... ugh... It's enough in my opinion that you don't really have to hit anyone (and damage all their parts pretty much at once), totally ignore defense...

Vagrant

Well, I can't find a good squad so I simply play free matches (team deathmatch or team unlimited) so strategy, as far as capturing COMBAS towers and Bases doesn't really matter. And yea, those things are ~8000 ****ing durability each. WTF?

I'd actually be cool if they just removed the "disorientation" effect of splash damage... ugh... It's enough in my opinion that you don't really have to hit anyone (and damage all their parts pretty much at once), totally ignore defense...

I can see how they would be a much bigger problem if you're just playing with random people on your team. What makes the disorientation worse is you can be at the very edge of the blast radius and still have you cockpit turned a large amount, so even someone with poor aim or broken legs can stop you from returning fire effectivly.

Orlics

Is there anyone willing to accept me into their squad? I live in Asia so it's difficult to find a squad that plays at the same time as me.

Trasher

KAOS

LOL! Yeah that's how the damage was being caused. Not a practical Hound but an interesting fun hound. Circle strafing in a up close fight becomes almost second nature(at least to me). With my type of hound I don't mind it all. In fact I pretty much set up my hound with CS in mind. I think I fight heaters, snipers, pilers and double barrel f*cks with the intention of getting them close and CSing them to my advantage. It's not the only face to face strategy or the best one for that matter. But it's kept me alive more times than not.

Some screen grabs...

Don't get me angry or I'll knock down a tree!
219367557_0f655550d3_o.jpg

Face to face with the friendly fun impratical Bronto Hound.
219367556_3c0b854c06_o.jpg

Juice

ChromeHounds just came from GameFly! (three day turnaround)

I really wanna learn how to play and what's what quickly. Everyone add me as a friend if you're interested in helping me along or playing w/ me. I'll start reading through the thread during downtime.

gamertag: SirJuiceALot

Juice

Hey guys, if any of you are able to hop online to enter the lobby so I can apply to the 13th GAFHND SQD, I'd appreciate it. Right now I can find it but it keeps failing to connect.

Juice said:
Hey guys, if any of you are able to hop online to enter the lobby so I can apply to the 13th GAFHND SQD, I'd appreciate it. Right now I can find it but it keeps failing to connect.

If it's failing to connect, it might be the router you need to unplug.

Juice said:
Well now it's just saying none found. Guess whoever was connected had just disconnected then

That stinks. Yeah, Chromies is hell of tempramental when it comes to connections. I'm moving to new digs and have to switch over to wireless next week. I'm not looking forward to what happens next.

:(

Juice

At least for now, I've made a new Squad. Feel free to join if you can't get others to work if you'd like to.

Name: GAF CORPS
Stance: Underground
Activity: 3-4 Days/Wk
Language: English(US)
Conneceted Regions: America
No Passcode.

Top Bottom