• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Trasher

GashPrex said:
I'm sorry thats just not true - the mp game involves a lot of different mechs. if you are talking deathmatch then of course not, but in the actual mp war there are a ton of options.

Taking combas, destroying bases, na's etc... all require more than a db.
Have you ever seen a commander with double barrels on? I have. Who needs COMBAs when you can kill the base in 30 seconds with a team of DB's.

Vagrant

GashPrex said:
I'm sorry thats just not true - the mp game involves a lot of different mechs. if you are talking deathmatch then of course not, but in the actual mp war there are a ton of options.

Taking combas, destroying bases, na's etc... all require more than a db.

Having a nice assortment of hound types made us very versatile, thats probably why we've had such success. I'd rather have a commander on my team then a db.

As for for dbs destroying your base, destroy theirs while the rest of your team keeps the dbs busy (you'll know where they are with a large NA). If they're destroying your base from theirs, open your own games and pick bigger maps.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Trasher said:
Have you ever seen a commander with double barrels on? I have. Who needs COMBAs when you can kill the base in 30 seconds with a team of DB's.

sure i've made one just to see if its possible. i have yet to see a base go down in 30 seconds from a db, the rounds they use aren't really good for base killing - depending on how many mechs takes a couple of min from close range, and if you have a sniper keeping them away then you have a good chance to kill their base or win on combas. most matches i play don't end quickly and a lot of times go right to the end.

Why would you ever march right into a couple of DBs?

Treo360

GashPrex said:
do i like double barrels? no of course not, but they are beatable and have done it on plenty of occasions.

personally, i look at it as a challenge, and I have a new build that has been good so far against them

they should be limited to myriapods and be a little heavier

No one sad that they're not beatable. We cleary beat several squads that had at a minimum 2 DDB's. However when you have 3 or more things become unbalanced quickly, and that was with 2 snipers.

We then switched to my Sniper/Batard/machine gunner and os had his all sniper mech, Hap his Sniper/Falchion and Good ole Comander Merick. Only by deception (we faked where our base was, where we able to be the majority of them.

Oh, and yes Virginia we got schooled (more like surprised) by wheeled doubles (two singles on the side) But we laughed that one off a that was TOTALY unexpected.

Oh the humanity!

I can only hope that CH2 will be better balanced.

Can't wait to have the T-Rex back Silver, though you will prob want a different Mech now since the DDB pandemic.

Treo360

GashPrex said:
sure i've made one just to see if its possible. i have yet to see a base go down in 30 seconds from a db, the rounds they use aren't really good for base killing - depending on how many mechs takes a couple of min from close range, and if you have a sniper keeping them away then you have a good chance to kill their base or win on combas. most matches i play don't end quickly and a lot of times go right to the end.

Why would you ever march right into a couple of DBs?

Gash they killed our base in less than a minute (mortlake: cecil plains) and we were sniping at them.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
sucks logging on and seeing you guys played all day while i was out and they just leave when I get back ;) and silver, where you been? hopefully you'll get some games in soon

Vagrant

Treo360 said:
Can't wait to have the T-Rex bak Silver, though you will prob want a different Mech now since the DDB pandemic.

Maybe, I still think I'm better off in the rex though as long as we have a commander and I don't bullrush them. I might try out a sniper/reg cannon build if I do change it up.

GashPrex said:
and silver, where you been? hopefully you'll get some games in soon

Currently without a 360, I'm hoping to be back on by the end of the week though.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
i use a fleurt sniper/analece cannon mech that works better with db's

and by better i mean dosen't get completly owned all the time ;)

Vagrant

Treo360 said:
Gash they killed our base in less than a minute (mortlake: cecil plains) and we were sniping at them.

Were you red or green side? Honestly even though you can still win on red side it does have a large disadvantage compared to green (especially if the other team uses db's). I'd advise you to skip that map if you don't feel like fighting an uphill battle.

I don't know they need to make DB guns heavier and less durable. It is boring fighting DB dickheads every match. It completely removes the uniqueness of the game, and in turn makes it extremely boring to play.

Trasher

GashPrex said:
i have yet to see a base go down in 30 seconds from a db, the rounds they use aren't really good for base killing.
I said a "team" of DB's. And their rounds are quite effective against bases.

BamYouHaveAids said:
I don't know they need to make DB guns heavier and less durable. It is boring fighting DB dickheads every match. It completely removes the uniqueness of the game, and in turn makes it extremely boring to play.
Exactly. It changes the game.

Treo360

GashPrex said:
i use a fleurt sniper/analece cannon mech that works better with db's

and by better i mean dosen't get completly owned all the time ;)

Epee's are better as they are lighter and have the same range and damage.

Chichikov

Treo360 said:
I can only hope that CH2 will be better balanced.
I just hope they fix it on CH1.
Seriously, as much as I am aggravated by the DDB plague, outside the splash issue, this is one of the better balanced games I’ve seen.
And considering the amount of options in this game, this is quite impressive.
But with so many players trying so many things, it’s only a question of time until someone find an “uber” build.

As far as a solution, I think putting a minimum range on heavy guns (i.e. the ordinance doesn’t get “primed” until it traveled X meters) might work.
It would put the HG more in line with what real artillery is like –
Great offensive weapon, devastating at range, but completely useless as a defender or at close range.

shuri

Banned
This will get fixed. People are complaining about them everywhere. From Software isnt that dumb. They are watching whats going on

KAOS

Trasher:
The speed of my hound is 195-198 depending on the armor I use.

Speaking of double barrel users. I had a death match against this guy that was practically dominating using his double barrel hound. So I made it my business to just go after him and only him. I interrupted his kills and manage to catch him off guard a few times. He became frustrated and started cursing and calling me out. He wanted to face me solo on the map for the remainder of the match. So I gave him my coordinates and we met up. I face him head on giving him my left side so they could take the brunt of the damage. He had excellent aim and his blast wiped out all my weapons on the left side; not to mention my legs were jacked up as well. I shot the batch of missiles that were still functioning from my right side which manage to hit him passed his shield. He gloated that that my shot did nothing to him and that he was about to kill my wack ass. His next double barrel shot wiped out all my weapons and drained my cockpit to almost nothing. That was it I said to myself. The dick was gonna be a gloating diarrhea for the rest of the matches because of this victory. With nothing left I pushed myself forward pushing into him hoping that he would damage himself from his own blast from me being up close. Bump! No shot! I shove him of the side of the mountain. He falls... explodes... and quits the game!!! LOL! It was pure luck cause i didn't even realize we were that far off the ground. I wish I would've recorded that match.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Speaking of splash damage, openly criticizing people who use double cannons as dicks and ****ers kind of pisses me off seeing that I haven't heard too many people complaining when I take out a base, or come in and take out a couple of mechs. I think I will take a break from Chromehounds for a while.

There are ways to take out heavy gunners (including DDB's). Mechs with heavy shielding over their cockpits using cannons were indestructible last night by me (as a DDB). Combined with a fast mover with a triple shot battle rifle, the tandem EASILY took me out. Of course, this was after Trasher had one of his multiple disconnects...:lol

I tested out my DB mech last night, and won a match fairly easily. They are powerful as hell for sure. But, I didn't have any fun with them. It took very little skill at all, and just wasn't my style of play. I doubt I'll break out that build very much.

Taking on one or two of these things in a six on six match isn't so bad, AS LONG AS YOU WORK AS A TEAM. Taking on a whole group is another issue. But, in a lot of the matches I've played it, we don't always work together as a team as we should. The match starts, everyone takes off to grab combases so you can communicate, which is good, but then we tend to get picked off as stragglers when three enemy mechs, working in tandem come into the area. We need to stick together more, support each other. For instance, as two solider mechs wander out to battle, we should have a sniper on the hill providing support, and perhaps a heavy gunner softening up the enemy as they cross the battlefield before engaging the soldiers. Things like that.

Not all matches are that way. I've played plenty where we've worked together just fine, it just needs to get more consistent I think. It seems in my experience, the matches we tend to win are the ones we work together more, and the matches we tend to lose are when we get picked of as individuals.

I don't have much of a problem with the double barrel build. A quick sniper playing smart can take one or even two out from a distance. In a DM match it's tougher because they'll spawn near/behind you, but I'll take on a DB dude from a distance any day.

IMO the homing missle towers are the worst of all, especially the fast ones because their thin profile makes them tough to hit and you can't keep far enough away to avoid the missles locking on. And against 3-4 missles at once a counter is pretty much useless.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Vagrant said:
Well that sucks, hopefully you and the rest of the 13th are still playing by the time I get back on CH (I wouldn't hold my breath for From Software to patch this). Are entire teams of double barreled cannon users becoming that commonplace now? I know right before I left they were very common but we'd still see some teams mixing it up with their hound design. At least we still won the vast majority of our fights against them.

I've used a set of four linked falchions grouped together on all of my hounds for the vast majority of my time playing this game, very effective mid~close range. At a distance you only lightly pull the trigger so as to only fire around two shots to reduce recoil and increase your rate of fire (two firing shouldn't give you any recoil with the right parts), then when you get close you pull hard for a knockout blow. The light cockpits that double barreled cannon users are often forced to use due to weight can be destroyed in one well-placed shot.

This build is especially effective if you have a commander on your team, they make getting close much easier.

The thing is, it's becoming very boring to play only double barreleders. From the 10 or so matches we played last night, only 2 games had no double barreled on their team I think. Actually one that doesn't count because one team of spikers even had a double cannon on their fast dude. So one team without them. That's crazy and soooooooo boring!!

We won most of the games by far, let's say we lost 2 and tied one or something, but not because the double barreleds werent owning us, just because we outsmarted their arrogance for just coming straight for us. Plus once we were owned like cookies being eaten by a baby by a group of double barreled dudes that stuck together. No chance, killed our base faster then I could with machineguns.

Confidence Man said:
I don't have much of a problem with the double barrel build. A quick sniper playing smart can take one or even two out from a distance. In a DM match it's tougher because they'll spawn near/behind you, but I'll take on a DB dude from a distance any day.

IMO the homing missle towers are the worst of all, especially the fast ones because their thin profile makes them tough to hit and you can't keep far enough away to avoid the missles locking on. And against 3-4 missles at once a counter is pretty much useless.
The towers can be severely damaged and hampered by shooting their legs or missle counters, I don't have trouble with those, they have actual weaknesses. The only weakness double barreled teams have is their arrogance that they can destroy anything without any trouble which sometimes leaves their base open. And then you have to be lucky they don't see you and kill you or your base in a couple shots before you kill their base in one grueling minute.

When we first started it was just so cool seeing people in all these mechs. Now after the game is well and out, all the builds have been tried, and the jury (the gamers) have decided double barreled cannons are the most powerfull. Henceforth all will use those and the entire point of the game has gone.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
beating any and all homing missile builds is as easy as finding the room for two missile counters and pointing them upwards. faster mechs can usually get away with one. if they're skinny, take out their legs. i've had a number of games where i've taken down multiple homing missile mechs solo.

snipers are probably strong against heavies, but they seem weak against practically everything else. i really got hooked on solo games, but chromehounds probably isn't meant to be played that way -- in all my hundreds of games, i've never lost to a sniper, and i only lose to scouts when i get impatient and don't watch my base. some builds just can't beat others, and while that rock-paper-scissors mechanic is fascinating in team games, it screws up solo.

i really think the heavy guns need rebalancing, but i don't know how feasible rebalancing is in this game -- people would have assembly data that wouldn't work anymore, and it might alienate more people than it wins back. if you read the descriptions that pop up in loading screens, heavy gunners are described as a defenseless support class, along with commanders -- their splash damage is so overwhelming because they're supposed to be firing from extreme long range. i don't think the designers intended fast-moving heavies who can strip guns and legs at close range without ever actually hitting. the double doubles i beat are the ones who carefully measure up their shots, giving me time to hit them with seven or eight rocket bursts before they strip my weapons. leave aiming to hounds with light cannons -- double doubles aren't about taking good shots, they're about taking every shot. my soldier isn't nearly fast enough at 185 to evade splash damage, and 5 or 6 missed shots will leave me defenseless.

i don't agree with the argument that chromehounds is like quake, and that we should all simply adopt the strongest weapon -- like pavel ivanovich says, the fun of chromehounds is in developing and encountering different builds. and if the rocket launchers in quake had such huge splash damage, quake would suck too.

i think i liked chromehounds best in its early stages, when people didn't really know what was effective, when experimentation was possible, and skill tended to carry the day. now most people have settled into one of a few highly optimized builds, at least in solo, and the antihound rockets i once had so much success with seem to be obsolete. at least i'm never worried about opponents with loadouts similar to mine. i agree with one thing che said: adaptation is the soul of this game, and i was experimenting last night with light cannon builds, which can deal damage faster than rockets, and only sacrifice mobility, which is of no use against double doubles. but i couldn't really get into it -- i think my time with chromeounds is done. it was a good hundred hours. :x

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
more battlefield postcards - took "Sir Cheese a lot" my double homing machine for a spin... yes, i know , lame - but we weren't playing HUM players (except for one game, me vs. 3 where the game dropped Jonnyram and Mrs Charlie)

221140879_a4f5d68b7b_o.jpg

221140950_93a79ce15c_o.jpg

221141023_8672a1dc4e_o.jpg

221140795_6660792e97_o.jpg

i still love this game like a milkshake.

Rock over london
rock on chicago
Chrome Hounds, it's the game from Sega/From that doesn't suck

Chichikov

DenogginizerOS said:
Mechs with heavy shielding over their cockpits using cannons were indestructible last night by me (as a DDB). Combined with a fast mover with a triple shot battle rifle, the tandem EASILY took me out. Of course, this was after Trasher had one of his multiple disconnects...:lol
They may have been indestructible to you, but it had nothing to do with the shielding.
Splash damage pretty much damage everything.
Big cockpit had nothing to do with it either, having a heavy cockpit against a DDB is a waste of weight.
If my main weapons have 3000 durability having a 9000 cockpit only means I’ll be standing there without weapons making faces at you, trying to insult you to death.

tahrikmili said:
Assault Rifle + Sniper Cannon cominations with strong cocpit shielding should be able to take out DDBs methinks?
Assault rifles? I donno, I don’t think they’ll last very long at mid range, and the recoil from the DDB’s knockback effect is going to take away the assault rifles’ greatest advantage – rate of fire.
Snipers can be very effective against DDB, but they can be very effective against anything.
If you can hit a moving target’s cockpit consistently from 700+, congratulations, you are uber hound personified.
Luckily (or unluckily, depending which side of the epee you are) most people can’t do it.
Btw, I don’t think DDBs are more vulnerable to snipers then other build of the same speed.
If anything they fare better than your average soldier hound, they can harass the sniper at long range, and the insanely high durability of the guns means they probably won’t be taken out, plus they can also be used as shielding (by walking sideways).

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Well, looks like this is the beginning of the end!

Actually, I had some really good matches with the Brigade last night.

Trasher kept dropping out, but we pressed on DJ Brannan and others in 4v4 matches.

Had some really close wins and some really stupid losses, but overall, the magic was still there.

Every squad we played had at least 1 double double... but I found that as long as we had 1 double double on our team, it kind of neutralizes things. I would normally just go after heavy and let the others take care of the faster less threatening mechs.

We also played many squads who were very sniper heavy... which is a welcome change of pace. Getting into a sniper war is a tense game dynamic unique to Chromehounds.

Anyway, I'm not quite done with this game yet. 176 hours into it now... by the sound of things, looks like I will end up doing a lot more 2v2 or 1v1s now. :)

Chichikov

Oh, just to be clear, I am far from done with this game.
Yeah, the DDB annoy me, but not nearly enough for me to stop playing Chromhounds.
I hope it get fixed.
I hope less people use cheese tactics (yeah, appealing to the sense of sportsmanship and decency on an online console shooter, that would surely work!)
but as long as there are good people on our squad to play with, I’m there.

Trasher

chespace said:
Well, looks like this is the beginning of the end!

Actually, I had some really good matches with the Brigade last night.

Trasher kept dropping out, but we pressed on DJ Brannan and others in 4v4 matches.

Had some really close wins and some really stupid losses, but overall, the magic was still there.

Every squad we played had at least 1 double double... but I found that as long as we had 1 double double on our team, it kind of neutralizes things. I would normally just go after heavy and let the others take care of the faster less threatening mechs.

We also played many squads who were very sniper heavy... which is a welcome change of pace. Getting into a sniper war is a tense game dynamic unique to Chromehounds.

Anyway, I'm not quite done with this game yet. 176 hours into it now... by the sound of things, looks like I will end up doing a lot more 2v2 or 1v1s now. :)
I'm really sorry about my internet lately. Yesterday was by far the worst it has been. Ever since about 5:00pm yesterday, I have dropped from every single game I played. I don't even feel like playing anymore because of this crap. Hopefully my internet will be better today. I still have the need to kill DB's!

DenogginizerOS

I am far from done with CH. I just need to rethink how I approach the game when the disdain for the RT I have been playing since day one has gone pretty high. I may return to my four-legged mech that moves so slow blue-hairs honk at me as they pass. Or I may just try a whole new RT.

By the way Trasher, if you get your connection going better, you are invited to play in the Madden league I am setting up. That is, of course, if you are getting Madden.

Trasher

DenogginizerOS said:
I am far from done with CH. I just need to rethink how I approach the game when the disdain for the RT I have been playing since day one has gone pretty high. I may return to my four-legged mech that moves so slow blue-hairs honk at me as they pass. Or I may just try a whole new RT.

By the way Trasher, if you get your connection going better, you are invited to play in the Madden league I am setting up. That is, of course, if you are getting Madden.
I have been thinking about getting it. It comes out tomorrow right?

Chichikov said:
Snipers can be very effective against DDB, but they can be very effective against anything.
If you can hit a moving target’s cockpit consistently from 700+, congratulations, you are uber hound personified.
Luckily (or unluckily, depending which side of the epee you are) most people can’t do it.
Btw, I don’t think DDBs are more vulnerable to snipers then other build of the same speed.
If anything they fare better than your average soldier hound, they can harass the sniper at long range, and the insanely high durability of the guns means they probably won’t be taken out, plus they can also be used as shielding (by walking sideways).

A sniper doesn't always need to hit a moving target. The nice thing about the DDBs is that they have to stop for a second after they fire. As long as you're quick everytime they fire you can get a couple rounds in exactly where you want them.

Trasher

Confidence Man said:
A sniper doesn't always need to hit a moving target. The nice thing about the DDBs is that they have to stop for a second after they fire. As long as you're quick everytime they fire you can get a couple rounds in exactly where you want them.
Unless they are firing at you, then you GTFO! :)

Chichikov

DenogginizerOS said:
And that’s the other thing that really sucks about this problem.
A person like you, who obviously isn't trying to cheese it way into victory now starting to feel bad about the way he choose to play the game.

Confidence Man said:
A DDB who stop to take shots at a sniper at long range is a stupid DDB.
You don’t need special tactics to beat stupid people.
Once he gets into mid-long range though, you’re toast if you’re trying to snipe him while his shots are in the air.
he also have much more bullets than you, so he can play hide and seek with you, taking indirect shots.
Plus, the whole stopping while shooting is a not unique disadvantage of DDBs, all canons and howitzers have it.

Vagrant

Kobold said:
The thing is, it's becoming very boring to play only double barreleders. From the 10 or so matches we played last night, only 2 games had no double barreled on their team I think. Actually one that doesn't count because one team of spikers even had a double cannon on their fast dude. So one team without them. That's crazy and soooooooo boring!!

Well thats depressing. I'm really skeptical of how they would patch this game, there are a ton of factors that could make something like adding weight to these harder then say, just tweaking the strength of a gun in an FPS or something. Steel Battalion had a similar problem when people learned how to dupe special parts that flooded and destroyed its economy. Surprisingly Capcom actually fixed it with a patch and wiped everyones parts. Unfortunately I don't know if Sega/From can do that with CH because AFAIK all of your stuff is saved to your HD, unlike SB where your stuff was kept on Capcom's servers.

I guess the only other option if you don't want to constantly fight DDBs would be to start finding squads that also don't wanna play just DDBs and set up matches, the problem with that is setting up one group of people is hard enough, setting up two consistently could be a lot harder (not to mention fighting the same groups of people could get stale fast). Too bad there isn't any way to boot/ban enemy squads from your lobby, otherwise you could just message the other team and tell them no bipedal double double barrels allowed. If they didn't follow your rules you could have prevented them from playing in your room again with such a feature.

Trasher

Chichikov said:
A DDB who stop to take shots at a sniper at long range is a stupid DDB.
He is talking about when the DDB takes a shot the recoil stops them for a second. You can't fire those things on the run. If you could do that then they would be REALLY imbalanced.

chespace

Trasher said:
He is talking about when the DDB takes a shot the recoil stops them for a second. You can't fire those things on the run. If you could do that then they would be REALLY imbalanced.

Post-lunch 2v2?

DenogginizerOS

Chichikov said:
And that’s the other thing that really sucks about this problem.
A person like you, who obviously isn't trying to cheese it way into victory now starting to feel bad about the way he choose to play the game.

I have no regrets how I play. It is the general disdain for DDB's that is what is changing my view. Even if I laid back and played strictly the HVG roll as a DDB, I still feel people would find a problem with it. I am pretty fed up with hearing people call DDB's cheap players and insinuating that it requires no skill to play the position. I just don't want to be associated with it right now. I'd rather become a regular commander or scout or anything else besides an HVG at this point. Which sucks, because up until this shitstorm started, I was really enjoying playing Chromehounds with the HVG RT the way it was meant to be played. Now, I am just put off by the whole experience.

chespace

DenogginizerOS said:
I have no regrets how I play. It is the general disdain for DDB's that is what is changing my view. Even if I laid back and played strictly the HVG roll as a DDB, I still feel people would find a problem with it. I am pretty fed up with hearing people call DDB's cheap players and insinuating that it requires no skill to play the position. I just don't want to be associated with it right now. I'd rather become a regular commander or scout or anything else besides an HVG at this point. Which sucks, because up until this shitstorm started, I was really enjoying playing Chromehounds with the HVG RT the way it was meant to be played. Now, I am just put off by the whole experience.

I really don't think you should be. I think most folks will actually judge based on how you play, not what build you have.

If you're a double double who plays like a typical double double n00b, then yeah, folks get pissed. If you're playing an HVG who plays the role like how it's intended to be played, I doubt very many people will get upset. In fact, I don't ever get upset when a quad-ped double double pwns me.

Trasher said:
The problem is if a DDB shoots at you, your cockpit will do ****ing 360s from the splash damage, thus giving them enough time to move and get another shot off.

Vagrant

DenogginizerOS said:

Having one DDB is fine to most IMO, it seems like people are having problems with entire teams of it creating a lack of diversity. You could always switch to regular Howiters, the large single barrel cannons, or even three double cannons (which are balanced due to the lack of speed).

phinious

Well a friend and I recently got this game. It is extremely addicting... online.

Anyway, we started a squad called Baby Shakers, if anyone wants to join... feel free the PW is YYYY, as in "Y the F*** do I need a pw?"

All are welcome, beware that we are noobs still though.

-Rogue5-

Just signed up for a UK passport and got the Chromehounds demo... I've heard it's pretty ass, but I'm actually digging it. It is pretty much exactly what I was expecting, so I'm pleased.

That said, what's the deal with you guys and online; is this DDB BS putting too much of a damper on the experience? I don't want to get the game and then everyone suddenly drops online or it ends up being a crap experience because of how everyone plays. Not only that but I'll be seriously pissed if I spend the cash too late, completely missing the boat on this game.

Treo360

chespace said:
I really don't think you should be. I think most folks will actually judge based on how you play, not what build you have.

If you're a double double who plays like a typical double double n00b, then yeah, folks get pissed. If you're playing an HVG who plays the role like how it's intended to be played, I doubt very many people will get upset. In fact, I don't ever get upset when a quad-ped double double pwns me.

Agreed! My build has a single barrel some sniper canons and machine guns. More often than not I alternate between Sniping and laying down artillery fire on choke points and Combas Towers. Rarely do I go running about using it (Single Barrel) as my "rocket launcher."

The 13th HBGD can testify to that. Heck last night I got chided on the fact that I have firing ranges mapped out for a particular map (as any true artillery man would have).

I don't think From intended them (ddb) to be walking Battleships, now if they could only fix the problem.

Chichikov

Trasher said:
I understand.
What I don’t understand is why a DDB that is engaged with a *good* sniper would try to take a shot before he is at around 600 range.
And as stated in my last message, this is not really a specific disadvantage of the DDB, canon, howitzers and many other weapons also stop your movement when you shoot them.

Chichikov

-Rogue5- said:
Just signed up for a UK passport and got the Chromehounds demo... I've heard it's pretty ass, but I'm actually digging it. It is pretty much exactly what I was expecting, so I'm pleased.

That said, what's the deal with you guys and online; is this DDB BS putting too much of a damper on the experience? I don't want to get the game and then everyone suddenly drops online or it ends up being a crap experience because of how everyone plays. Not only that but I'll be seriously pissed if I spend the cash too late, completely missing the boat on this game.
Oh, hell no.
DDB is an annoyance.
DDB is a balance issue.
It’s still a brilliant game.
Best online console game I’ve ever played.
GET IT!

I think altering all artillery weapons so that they can not aim below +30 degrees vertical would really fix a lot of the short range artillery-as-rocket problem, and make close quarters fighting more a machine gun, shotgun, rocket, assault rifle duel..

Which, IMO, would be a lot more fun.

chespace

Well as evidence that you can indeed beat a double double in a 1v1, I just got my ass handed to me by a fairly fast, pure sniper. When we actually got into a fight, I had to work my way up a hill to get to him since firing an arcing weapon towards the top of a hill makes it very difficult to land shots. By the time I got up there, he had stripped one of my doubles (which happened to be my gun camera). I was screwed.

I actually sent him a msg saying nice game. :)

Kingpen

I got the game last week and have put in 16 hours already (15 of those online with the squad). I really like it, and don't mind if there seems to be something overpowering in the game.... It is all about teamwork and if you work as a team, you will find ways to win...

This game appeared out of nowhere for me, as I had never played a mech game before or even considered dropping money on it this summer... It truely is a great game and is much more deserving then the ratings give it (gotta have LIVE though, cause it isn't the same game without it)

chespace

Kingpen said:
I got the game last week and have put in 16 hours already (15 of those online with the squad). I really like it, and don't mind if there seems to be something overpowering in the game.... It is all about teamwork and if you work as a team, you will find ways to win...

This game appeared out of nowhere for me, as I had never played a mech game before or even considered dropping money on it this summer... It truely is a great game and is much more deserving then the ratings give it (gotta have LIVE though, cause it isn't the same game without it)

Awesome games we played last night Kingpen. :)

BTW, Brigadiers, we're Sal Kar again. :p

Better go shopping.

Treo360

chespace said:
Well as evidence that you can indeed beat a double double in a 1v1, I just got my ass handed to me by a fairly fast, pure sniper. When we actually got into a fight, I had to work my way up a hill to get to him since firing an arcing weapon towards the top of a hill makes it very difficult to land shots. By the time I got up there, he had stripped one of my doubles (which happened to be my gun camera). I was screwed.

I actually sent him a msg saying nice game. :)

Well that was your mistake right there.

"Ha! Give it up Anakin, I have the high ground."

Again the claim is that you can't beat a DDB is a bit of a misnomer. 1v1 with a faster more agile Mech (re: Sniper) isn't that hard. A little challenging, but not hard. Versus a squad of them? Different Story.

Top Bottom