• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Trasher

Chichikov said:
the 13th seems to be almost dead.
I might be inclined to jump ship.
I'm still not done with this game.
We have 3 slots open, although we probably only have about 10 people who are actually active.

Btw, awesome games tonight guys. It's nice being able to play 5v5's and not being disconnected every match. :)

Kingpen

Even though I was dead weight in the matches I had with you guys, I played 3 additional games afterwards, and got my rank up to Private! A very special feat for me!

Chichikov

btrboyev said:
sorry man, must of missed you a bit ago.
I was so bored I went to free battles.
Anyway, there are about 3 people active now on the 13th (you, me and gash).
It makes no sense.
Power in numbers.
POWER IN NUMBERS!
Together we will crush the infidels!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Join the "NeoGAF Brigade" ...

We're Sal Kar.

DJ Brannan and I are playing 2v2s right now and on a winning streak.

Password is LB, RB, LT, RT.

BTW, I just surpassed the 200th hour mark in Chromehounds. :(

Chichikov

chespace said:
Join the Brigade.

We're Sal Kar.

ok, i'll be there in a second.
p.s.
free battles are ****ing painful.

p.p.s
you are playing humans, right?

edit: woha, can't read.

Free battles are awesome, most of the time. Sometimes it can be quite pathetic, though, like the last one I was just in vs. 4 recruits (our entire team was at leats Sergeant rank).

4200 to 600, with about 1800 enemy penalty from aborting.

Chichikov

bah, it wouldn't let me switch to sal kar, I guess squad changes count as personal changes.
oh well.

squadless then.

I guess it's time for some more free battle joy.

chespace said:
Join the "NeoGAF Brigade" ...

We're Sal Kar.

I was actually in a Free Battle with you a bit ago, and your colors showed that you were actually in Morskoj?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I will be on tonight. Played RR6 last night earleir in the evening and then we had a pretty strong thunderstorm. Decided to go to bed.

Trasher

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
What? Did we switch again last night? I liked playing in Morskoj. There's a ton of maps that we never play over there.
Agreed. We should be either Tarakia or Morskoj because most of the time they have the best (and more) locations to play at. Whereas with Sal Kar, they are always the first to lose the war and so you only have the limited battle areas around their capital. It gets very boring defending that damn country in its stupid desert and city maps. I strongly urge us to stick with Tarakia or Morskoj. The game is more fun that way. They should implement a patch where Sal Kar is given more territories.

Edit: That mountain map with the rain and fog was amazing by the way. :)

Yeah I loved that rain and fog map that we played last night. I don't mind fighting in the desert but we seem to run into the same damn areas time and time again. Like that freakin' oil field map.....*grumble*

BTW, I just checked and we're still in Morskoj.

chespace

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Yeah I loved that rain and fog map that we played last night. I don't mind fighting in the desert but we seem to run into the same damn areas time and time again. Like that freakin' oil field map.....*grumble*

BTW, I just checked and we're still in Morskoj.

Hi. I smoke crack.

Okay, we're still Morskoj I guess.

Trasher

Chichikov said:
I AM.
AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN THOUGH.
STUPID 2 WEEKS WAIT PERIOD.
ONLY CAPS LOCK CAN EASE MY PAIN NOW.
OR MAYBE SAINTS ROW.
Don't tell Che you play Saints Row. He might not let you in!

Chichikov

btrboyev said:
can't come back to the 13th?
I’m pretty sure you can’t approve me from Texas Holdem. :)
Seriously though, I think we need to join the other GAF squad, we don’t have enough active members on the 13th anymore.

chespace said:
Hi. I smoke crack.

Why hello!

While I was smoking a big fat rock during lunch I went out and got Saint's Row and then downloaded Time Pilot. That's two strikes against me. One more strike and someone's going to come to my door and remove my 360 for being stupid.

chespace

Chichikov said:
I’m pretty sure you can’t approve me from Texas Holdem. :)
Seriously though, I think we need to join the other GAF squad, we don’t have enough active members on the 13th anymore.

Come on over... we're not so bad.

Trasher

Had a great match with Bread Eater and Pocketfudge. We played on a map that is probably one of my least favorite maps since it reminds me of a game where Che and I got our asses handed to us. Anyways, it started out badly with Bread Eater and Fudge going down pretty early and leaving me alone against a sniping commander and 2 DDB's. Bread and Fudge got caught in a gully with the 2 DDB's firing down on them. I on the other hand did an amazing job of wasting all my sniper ammo without killing one hound. All I had left were my 2 Falchions that luckily had full ammo. So I sat behind a ridge where it made it hard for the DDB's to hit me. They had to hit me right on or else they would just miss me completely over my head or below me on the cliff. So these guys probably thought they had this game in the bag, and they all start heading down into the gully where Fudge and Bread had met their doom. I blow the legs off the first DDB that gets close enough, and he starts retreating back. Then I start focusing on the other DDB. By this time the other DDB had gotten far enough back to where he had a good shot at me, but this also meant I had a good shot at him so I fired some more shots at his legs and he went down. Then their commander/sniper came up (who apparently was out of ammo since he never fired one shot at me) and I made quick work with his legs and finished him off. By this time the remaining DDB was retreating back to his base. I am not sure why he did this. Maybe I had weakened him enough to scare him away, and it wasn't because he was out of ammo because Bread saw him shoot at me as I tried running for COMBAS since the match only had a minute left. I had 2 shots left in my cannons, so I followed Bread and Fudge's advice to try and grab some COMBAS. The match would end before I got to any COMBA, and the screen froze as the time ran out on my burning/smoking mech. The game then decided to toy with us as it took 20 seconds to figure out who had more COMBAS, but sure enough the "MISSION COMPLETE" letters came up with us winning a 3-2 COMBA match.

chespace

Chichikov said:
Unfortunately it wouldn’t let me switch nations.
I have no clue when my two weeks is due, I’ve never switched a nation on my own.

We're Morskorj btw, so try to join if you can.

Trasher, that is an amazing story.

The crazy part is that you make it sound like you took on those double doubles using only your Falchions without breaking a sweat... wish you would have gone into more detail about that part. I mean, I would have absolutely shit my pants if 2 double doubles were coming my way and all I had were a couple of Falchions.

On the other hand, after the Forza tournament tonight, I played a 1v1 and lost on top of a hill to a fcuking missile boat (lesson learned: double barrel cannons are not that useful on top of a hill since it's harder to cause splash and super hard to hit with direct fire) who had 3 light Sal Kar heat seakers on Morskorj heavy reverse joints. I tried to rely on my Anelace/Falchion pair but the missiles would cause so much smoke I couldn't see shit.

Next game I played a team survival free battle where one teammate got killed right away, another one decided to go jerk off somewhere else on the map, leaving me with 3 assholes who gang raped me.

I went home grumpy and now am happily intoxicated. grrrr.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
just saw your xbl message, chespace -- i turn notifications off when i'm playing something singleplayer. dead rising rox, but i have been jonesing for a little chromehounds. i'll probably log on for a bit tomorrow.

Trasher

chespace said:
Trasher, that is an amazing story.

The crazy part is that you make it sound like you took on those double doubles using only your Falchions without breaking a sweat... wish you would have gone into more detail about that part. I mean, I would have absolutely shit my pants if 2 double doubles were coming my way and all I had were a couple of Falchions.
Well I wasn't all that thrilled about going up against 3 other guys, especially since two of them were DDB's. Like I said though, the match ended with me in flames and smoking like mad. They definitely came close to taking me out. By the time it was 1v3, my Morskoj sniper was out of ammo, my two Sabres had been blown off with a couple shots left, and my Falchions were sparking. The ridge I was on was pretty much the best vantage point I could have against DDB's. I just had to make sure my Falchions didn't take much damage. I still took a bit of splash damage everytime they fired a volley at me, but I was able to kill them before they could wear me down enough. Another reason I was successful was because they made the mistake of coming at me one at a time. Although, there was a time where all three of them had been shooting at me at once, but I just adjusted my position where only two could get at me. I seem to get put in these horrible positions all the time where I am the last one left. I guess that's what I get for being a sniper and sitting in the back.

I just got my copy from gamefly. And I finally FINALLY have the internet back up in our appartment. So I'm tempted to hook the cable back into the 360 and player. How to I join the gaf squad, you guys still playing?

Dekelia

btrboyev said:
****, I really wish people from the 13th would play..ugh

Add me to your friends list (this goes to anyone in the 13th). Gamertag: Dekelia

I've been on XBL Most nights this week. I always look but nobodies playing, so I just play something else.

BTW - to all 13th players, if I'm on and playing something else...if you send me a message or invite, I'll likely come play. Most of the time, I'm only playing something else because nobody else is on.

Chichikov

Dekelia said:
Add me to your friends list (this goes to anyone in the 13th). Gamertag: Dekelia

I've been on XBL Most nights this week. I always look but nobodies playing, so I just play something else.

BTW - to all 13th players, if I'm on and playing something else...if you send me a message or invite, I'll likely come play. Most of the time, I'm only playing something else because nobody else is on.
Same here.
Even though my extreme betrayal maneuver left me squadless, I’ll ping you next time I’m on.
Che, if you can move your squad to tarakia you can get at least 3 more active members.
I’m still up for daily night matches.

chespace

I'm on right now Trasher. Going to Bumpershoot later but I'll be playing all weekend.

Ashodin

Sorry guys, I've been gone a while (had a vacation to see my GF who lives in another country). But I'm back now, and I'm going to go out and get Saints Row and Enchanted Arms soon, and I'll be back online before you know it! Best part is, I've still got Dead Rising to beat! :lol

Brannon

Cool beans, Free Battle really started to shine for me when I realized that Unlimited means Unlimited and I can really load up on the best weapons without having to worry about ammo.

INFINITY SABRE STRIKE FORCE GO!
the dawn of a new era memories beginning tensai desu

Top Bottom