• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Chichikov

Spooka said:
Nice job in the commander role tonight Chichikov, you were probably the best commander we've had. Well, except for the spiker commander...
Pfft, just wait until the Flying Dutchman and his Tower of Power join the squad.
His NA is so big, he'll command your ass off.

Spooka said:
Well, except for the spiker commander...

we_suck.jpg

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Alright, I'll be on tonight after work. We're going to turn this losing streak around. I refuse to lose anymore rank.

Hey, what? Last game I played with you guys we won!

Chichikov said:
Pfft, just wait until the Flying Dutchman and his Tower of Power join the squad.
His NA is so big, he'll command your ass off.

Don't worry, you're spiker commander will be playing CH more often once again. =] :lol :D

chespace said:
Hey, what? Last game I played with you guys we won!

Now that I think about it, I guess we did win...and I killed four of 'em. I suppose all the ass beatings have clouded my memory. Some of those losses stung.

But no more! With the guys from the 13th coming over it's going to be a whole new ballgame. Time to get out of rank hell.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Don't worry, you're spiker commander will be playing CH more often once again.

19-classday-450.jpg

"Strategery."

Dekelia

Kobold said:
I suppose I also wanna come over, I dunno. I haven't seen anyone on the 13th on in years.

It's funny to me that we have 3 or 4 people all saying the 13th is dead....

I'm all for consolidation though if that's what we are doing...just make sure you leave room for me. If everyone switches, the 13th really will be dead. Everytime I get on, people are playing other things. I even tried last friday to invite everyone from the 13th on my friends list that was on playing something else. I got exactly one response (which I did very much appreciate) which said "maybe later".

By the way, I have my worst 360 crash problem with Chromehounds. It crashed while playing single player. I was 4 missions away from having an "S" on everything. When I booted back up, my save file was GONE. I went to live and I had an empty garage....thankfully, I was able to load a new one and my parts seem to still be there. I don't know if my rank and stats are still there though, I didn't look.

I don't think I'd have been able to play again. As it is, I'll never play the offline again.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
shit, i'm back -- played chromehounds til like four in the morning. some games with brannon and hapoel (possibly chichikov on gaf?), and then a bunch of solo. i think i've got a light cannon build i'm comfortable with, though it still needs some tweaking, and i still need some practice aiming at close range. i hadn't realized that the rotation speeds were so dismal on reverse legs...the tarakian "hancock" legs aren't as bad as others, but i might have to go treads, as little as i like treads.

Brannon

UPDATE FOR CHROMEHOUNDS IS OUT NOW.

www.chromehounds.com

At long last, the patch for Chromehounds has been approved for launch this afternoon. We were not given an expected time for the release (note: repeat, it's out NOW), so please have patience as the backend team prepares the launch of this update.

Thanks to everyone for their patience in waiting for this patch!

Online Mode

Network Stability
- Connections between the server and the player have been optimized in all areas of the game. Players can expect to see improvements in the Lobby, Match Start, and Match End areas of the game flow.

Negative Funds Issue
-Negative funds issue, or the -999 problem, has been addressed within the server.
* Please note, users who remain affected will need to check our Sticky thread in the Technical board on updates to our support schedule. Changes to the sticky will be added once we have a support schedule in place. Thanks everyone for your continued patience with this problem, we will be resuming support for this issue as soon as we can.

Search Function Updated
- Fixed issue with incorrect labeling of “Ranking” and “Connection Area” in the Squad Search results. These results will now show the proper Rank and Region of the Squad.
- Fixed an issue that caused a Donation amount to be incorrectly displayed under in the Player Details Section.

Login-related issues
- Fixed a number of login related issues and extended the time out on all connections to improve network performance for all users.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from advancing from certain screens within Free Battle lobbies.

Gameplay

- Fixed an issue that the prevented team members (except Host) from seeing the opposing flags Squad’s Headquarters at the time of Battles in Neroimus War.
- Fixed various collision issues that caused soldiers to fall through the world.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the user from viewing the 25th part in the acquired list of lottery items.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from viewing their own gamertag in the Leaderboard. Searches will no longer be case-sensitive within this category.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to lose nation support after applying to lottery parts over 41.

Fixed an issue that caused a Donation amount to be incorrectly displayed under in the Player Details Section.

Finally! We can all bask in the glory of my donation!

Still needs some sort of patch to ballance out the doubles. Like less ammo, longer reload, and/or smaller splash damage radius.

Ashodin

Sorry guys about not being on in a long time - I've been vacation hijacked by my parents to a beach location (northern NC), but I should be back on this weekend, to play with ya'll in the Saints Row gang, or here on CH. I also got Enchanted Arms today, so RAWK!

I can't wait to play with you guys, I'm going to be driving up people to play more in the 13th, so if you left the 13th recently, come on back over on the weekend, and I'll get this party started!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Network Stability
- Connections between the server and the player have been optimized in all areas of the game. Players can expect to see improvements in the Lobby, Match Start, and Match End areas of the game flow.

So... does this mean 6 v 6 matches might actually start working?

Trasher

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Finally! We can all bask in the glory of my donation!

Still needs some sort of patch to ballance out the doubles. Like less ammo, longer reload, and/or smaller splash damage radius.
LOL, happy now?!?!

On the fence about buying this game (new 360 owner, only have Dead Rising, looking for a good online game).

Do you guys typically play objective-based games? Or that persistent war thing?

I've heard there's a problem with a lot of people overusing "cheap" mechs, sucking the fun out of the game. Is this bullshit?

How much single player will I have to grind through to get enough funds to have a worthwhile online mech? Is it as mundane as people say it is?

I plan on reading through the thread, but I'd like to hear some impressions now that you've all had the game a while and the shine might have worn off. Thanks.

Chichikov

AdmiralViscen said:
Do you guys typically play objective-based games? Or that persistent war thing?
The "persistent war thing" is just a series of team battles, and they are as objective based as you can get in this game.
1-6 players per team, 15 minutes match, win by killing all enemies, destroy their base or have more communication towers when the time runs out.
but don't judge this by your previous experience in squad based shooters, it's tactical, skill based, and crazy fun.

AdmiralViscen said:
I've heard there's a problem with a lot of people overusing "cheap" mechs, sucking the fun out of the game. Is this bullshit?
It is a problem.
Not as huge as some people make it, not a pure whining of unskilled players as the abusers will let you believe.
For me personally it has not sucked the fun out of the game, but on some maps it can get pretty annoying.

AdmiralViscen said:
How much single player will I have to grind through to get enough funds to have a worthwhile online mech? Is it as mundane as people say it is?
You don't.
After you played a bit money is so plentiful that everyone in your squad who is not dying to get the silver patriot achievement should have enough bison dollars (or whatever the **** they’re called) to donate to the AdmiralViscen charity fund.
And in any case, parts are pretty well balanced, it’s not like there are some super expensive uber parts that makes everything else obsolete.

AdmiralViscen said:
I plan on reading through the thread, but I'd like to hear some impressions now that you've all had the game a while and the shine might have worn off. Thanks.
Best console online game.
Ever.

What is the cheapest way for me to acquire this game?

Oh, and the most contact I've had with the mech genre (aside from some dabbling with mechWarrior like 10 years ago) is some messing around with MechAssault on XBox. What kind of learning curve will I encounter?

It seems like most of the comments on this board come from big mech fanatics, don't wanna get in over my head.

raYne

AdmiralViscen said:
What is the cheapest way for me to acquire this game?
robbery.gif

Oh, and the most contact I've had with the mech genre (aside from some dabbling with mechWarrior like 10 years ago) is some messing around with MechAssault on XBox. What kind of learning curve will I encounter?

It seems like most of the comments on this board come from big mech fanatics, don't wanna get in over my head.
"Easy to get into, hard to master", sums it up pretty nicely. You'll be fine.

Chances are you'll be joining one of the GAF squads so I'm sure they'll help you out with design/weapon tips and the like.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
hopefully my network issues will be over....

because since last week, i keep getting put into a totally different lobby to everyone else.
it's pissing me off...

trying to figure out if its the stupid game or my modem

chespace

I want to play Chromehonds right now.

why the fcuk are the war/squad servers down?

oh, I know why. The war ended. :p

Do you guys want to stay Morskoj?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think tarakia has an upgraded version of the hancock legs now. i want em. this isn't really a good reason to switch national allegiance, but if people are leaning that way! :lol

Yea BT it ended like a few minutes after you left.

I was just idling in the room for a few minutes watching TV and noticed a big explosion in one of the capitals, so I reconnected to get the news scroll going and got the ending thing and now it's stuck in a stupid loop between "Servers down" and "Servers up, please reconnect" :/

purg3

slept with Malkin
Maxrpg said:
Sorry guys about not being on in a long time - I've been vacation hijacked by my parents to a beach location (northern NC), but I should be back on this weekend, to play with ya'll in the Saints Row gang, or here on CH. I also got Enchanted Arms today, so RAWK!

I can't wait to play with you guys, I'm going to be driving up people to play more in the 13th, so if you left the 13th recently, come on back over on the weekend, and I'll get this party started!

Christ, it's about time you get back :) . We need to get back on CH, no one has been on in what seems like forever. And I think some people may have bailed from the squad. Anyway, I am off for the rest of the week, so we will have to get some games going.

I''m in the squad now. If I'm not already on any friend list my gamer tag is

flarkmaster

Just let me know you're from GAF. If you see me on the 360 feel free to send me invites to play Chromehounds. I'm pretty noobish at the game, I usually log in and spend 2 hours in teh garage playing around, then play a few 1 on 1 matches.

chespace

DarkAngelYuna said:
No we didn't. Our flag might say we're the evil country right now but us real players aren't. You traitors need to fix our country already.

You know where the door is. I don't have to show it to you.

Was fun guys, I still can't believe that one match where the lone DD killed our base. I had stumbled onto it before it even started shelling but was in really shitty positioning and it killed most my weaps before I could start hurting it. So I was just sitting there watching it kill the base trying to get my mic to work. Stupid thing has finally died. Lord knows I was an abusive bastard towards it, but it still seems to be pretty cheaply put together.

chespace

Son of Godzilla said:
Was fun guys, I still can't believe that one match where the lone DD killed our base. I had stumbled onto it before it even started shelling but was in really shitty positioning and it killed most my weaps before I could start hurting it. So I was just sitting there watching it kill the base trying to get my mic to work. Stupid thing has finally died. Lord knows I was an abusive bastard towards it, but it still seems to be pretty cheaply put together.

Yeah I know, my mic is on its last legs too... echos like crazy.

Gonna snag a new one from work and try it at home tonight.

Kingpen

It was nice to see a 6 player house full last night.... looks like some of the holdovers from the old 13th are showing up..

That is all good... Some decent matches on some new maps that some of us hadn't seen last night....

Trasher

Rocky_Balboa said:
I hate these "doublebarrel cannon inverse legs" dudes. Ruining the game for now. :(
Meh, those are old and are phasing out. People have found ways to beat them now.

I'm logging on. I need a fix.

Brannon

I was a pioneer in the cannon usage field; they're such a great all-around weapon. Attach a machine gun to them and you can fire at the enemy pretty accurately without having to go into the slower rotating zoom view.

Top Bottom