• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just got back from a football game. I am pretty hoarse from a head cold so I may take a break again tonight. I will definitely be on tomorrow.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Son of Godzilla said:
I just got this from the Sam Goody sale. I'm assuming GAF's moved on from it?

Nope, not really.

Played a half dozen really good 2v2s with Denog this morning. Lost a couple, but won big on the rest... I think if we had Trasher, it would have made for a perfect team.

I bow down to Denog's heavy gunner skillz.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
just celebrating a new decal :

pwei.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just out of curiosity: do you compose these decals mixing together those polygonal shapes available in the Create Emblem section? Cos it's a hell of a work...

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Chichikov said:
I’m pretty sure you can’t approve me from Texas Holdem. :)
Seriously though, I think we need to join the other GAF squad, we don’t have enough active members on the 13th anymore.
Grr, when I try and play noone is onnnnnn!! I wanna playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Kobold

Nice job!

But I noticed the armor is mounted on reverse, since the 'drippings' at the screwpoints are going up. :lol

Chichikov

Kobold said:
Grr, when I try and play noone is onnnnnn!! I wanna playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Says the person who went on a two weeks saints row and texas holdem hiatus. :)
Seriously though, I think we should join the other GAF squad, they seem to be more active, no one plays on the 13th anymore.

Let me know when you guys online, I'll jump in.

Chichikov said:
Says the person who went on a two weeks saints row and texas holdem hiatus. :)
Seriously though, I think we should join the other GAF squad, they seem to be more active, no one plays on the 13th anymore.

Let me know when you guys online, I'll jump in.

I want to do that also. My Chromehiatus is over and the 13th is dead as Dillinger.

Chichikov

BenjaminBirdie said:
I want to do that also. My Chromehiatus is over and the 13th is dead as Dillinger.
Dillinger is not dead.
The 13th is dead though, dead like Paul McCartney.

But yeah, I suggest we consolidate the squads, been dying to play some Chromehounds.

chespace

chespace said:
NeoGAF Brigade

Morskorj

passcode: LB, RB, LT, RT

Join up!

Let me know how many of you wants to join and I'll make more room.

Right now we have room for 2.

Played a good round with Denog this morning. We got rushed by a missile tank early on in the match and even though we killed it, he managed to take out half my weapons. Still, I had my trusty anelaces intact. The other guy was a pure sniper and we could see him way over on the other side of the valley, perched on a hilltop. I had Denog keep him busy and distracted while I grabbed combases and tried to get on his flank.

By the time we had the pincer move in effect, it was too late for him. The guy started panicking and we soon faced off... I wasn't sure if I could take him solo actually, since a couple more shots to the cockpit and i would have been done and my legs were more than half gone. Plus, with Denog the heavy gunner all the way on the other side of the map, he couldn't do much to help me. If anything, his splash damage could have killed me.

My enemy managed to land a couple of good sniper cannon rounds into me and every time I felt the controller rumble, I thought I was gonna pop in a fume of smoke. But it was his sniper cannon's reload times that did him in. If he missed a volley, it gave me time to fire 2 or 3 volleys of anelace rounds. I've learned in many hours of free battle that the best way to go toe to toe with someone is to always pound their legs -- forget about anything else. Just shoot for the legs, especially if you're packing CE rounds.

After a few volley exchanges, I annihilated his legs and then it was pretty much over. He limped around trying to draw a bead on me with his sniper cannons and before he could fire off that final volley, I shoot him in between the proverbial eyes.

I think we make a pretty good team, Denog. ;)

Chichikov

chespace said:

(withdrawal symptoms kicks in).
ME ME ME!
Let me know when you have someone in the lobby.

chespace

Chichikov said:
(withdrawal symptoms kicks in).
ME ME ME!
Let me know when you have someone in the lobby.

I'm about to head out to Bumbershoot festival but I can sit in the lobby for 5 mins to approve you if you want. Do it now...

Can somebody account for why this game has been reviewed so poorly, yet has been the talk of the forum?

My friend and I have been looking for a good co-op game to play over live. Will this scratch the itch?

Chichikov

civilstrife said:
Can somebody account for why this game has been reviewed so poorly, yet has been the talk of the forum?

My friend and I have been looking for a good co-op game to play over live. Will this scratch the itch?
It may come down to personal preferences, but I would guess that most reviewers concentrated on the single player too much.
For my money, judging Chromhounds on its campaign is like judging BF2 on its single player portion.
I think that the facts that it’s a console game and it has a campaign that actually feels like a game (not a great game mind you, but not fight against bots, URT style) worked against it when it came to the reviews.
It’s a shame, since most of what makes this game great is absent from the single player.

As far as co-op, you can play against CPU opponents, some people like it, I can’t find too much of challenge there. But even fights against human have a more co-opish feeling to them, there is no shared lobby in which your opponents shout weird racial slurs at you, and I'm starting to think it’s actually a good thing.

So I'm guessing someone has to be online and sitting in whatever room in order to join up? I've managed to find the squad a couple times but when I select it it spits out some error about being unable to connect.

chespace said:

Played a good round with Denog this morning. We got rushed by a missile tank early on in the match and even though we killed it, he managed to take out half my weapons. Still, I had my trusty anelaces intact. The other guy was a pure sniper and we could see him way over on the other side of the valley, perched on a hilltop. I had Denog keep him busy and distracted while I grabbed combases and tried to get on his flank.

By the time we had the pincer move in effect, it was too late for him. The guy started panicking and we soon faced off... I wasn't sure if I could take him solo actually, since a couple more shots to the cockpit and i would have been done and my legs were more than half gone. Plus, with Denog the heavy gunner all the way on the other side of the map, he couldn't do much to help me. If anything, his splash damage could have killed me.

My enemy managed to land a couple of good sniper cannon rounds into me and every time I felt the controller rumble, I thought I was gonna pop in a fume of smoke. But it was his sniper cannon's reload times that did him in. If he missed a volley, it gave me time to fire 2 or 3 volleys of anelace rounds. I've learned in many hours of free battle that the best way to go toe to toe with someone is to always pound their legs -- forget about anything else. Just shoot for the legs, especially if you're packing CE rounds.

After a few volley exchanges, I annihilated his legs and then it was pretty much over. He limped around trying to draw a bead on me with his sniper cannons and before he could fire off that final volley, I shoot him in between the proverbial eyes.

I think we make a pretty good team, Denog. ;)

I just finished all the single player, and I'm going to try and join up. I want to try the online, but I don't normally enjoy random moes. Figured the gaf sqaud would be better than random jobbers. =)

Are all the "War" missions against other real people? The ones where you get ranking and stuff? I've been playing a few 1 player ones and honestly I can't tell.

Chichikov

Son of Godzilla said:
Are all the "War" missions against other real people? The ones where you get ranking and stuff? I've been playing a few 1 player ones and honestly I can't tell.
They can be against bots or against humans.
If you select "Start vs CPU", well, you get the idea.
Winning against humans gives you much more points.

chespace

Yo DCharlie, you need to chillz on the crazy awesome PWEI decal making. Totally out of control, my friend.

"Not now James, we're busy!"

Kobold

I suppose I also wanna come over, I dunno. I haven't seen anyone on the 13th on in years. I been taking a ton of the lottery spots for days now, HA! Though now there's nothing I don't have anymore...

You have a place for me? I suck chunks at anything but my commander though...

I didn't go on hiatus, but if I'm playing something already I'm less likely to check and see if people are on in Chrome Hounds.

EDIT: you guys should then also make some more places for Gash Prex and BlackHawk, etc. I suppose!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
goddamn. i really have no idea how people manage to produce these awesome decals with that editor. i got about as far as putting one prefab decal on top of another prefab decal, or producing crude penis shapes. anyway, i've finished dead rising, and i won't get yakuza until friday, so i think i'll have a chromehounds relapse this week. unless i've been booted from the squad. :x

Kingpen

looked and a few people were on, but either were staying low key in the garage, or there were server problems... I plan to be on again later...

Chichikov

Kobold said:
I suppose I also wanna come over, I dunno. I haven't seen anyone on the 13th on in years. I been taking a ton of the lottery spots for days now, HA! Though now there's nothing I don't have anymore...

You have a place for me? I suck chunks at anything but my commander though...

I didn't go on hiatus, but if I'm playing something already I'm less likely to check and see if people are on in Chrome Hounds.

EDIT: you guys should then also make some more places for Gash Prex and BlackHawk, etc. I suppose!
Jump in.
There is still room.

(plus I think they had enough of me and my Gore Vidal-esque English at the commander’s helm).

Spooka

Nice job in the commander role tonight Chichikov, you were probably the best commander we've had. Well, except for the spiker commander...

Fun shit guys. I need to learn how to make a damn mech, the way most of yall were using spacers was scary. And I love assault rifles too much not to pile 4-5 on.

Top Bottom