• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Uncle AJ

Phthisis said:
It is Morskoj, right? If a squad is full with 20 people, it won't show up on the join squad list, right?

Yes, unfortunately. I think I just nabbed the 20th spot.

Come out and play, Che Che. :D

Uncle AJ

Two matches in right now and, holy shit. THIS is the Chromehounds I never got to play.

Note to From: Make a sequel so people will come play again, kthnxbye

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I'm just waiting in the lobby. There are now 6 open spots.

I hope I didn't kick out anyone new. I didn't recognize some of these names.

Goddamn I forgot how retarded Chromehounds' squad management and lobby system was.

This game brings back such weird memories of last summer.

Phthisis

I get off work in 85 minutes. Hopefully there's still a slot. I left my old squad for you guys. There's no going back now :'(

chespace

Phthisis said:
I get off work in 85 minutes. Hopefully there's still a slot. I left my old squad for you guys. There's no going back now :'(

I think you're good, dude. Drive safely.

Kingpen

Good times with the brigade tonight... we had constant 6p matches going, and at least 2/3 against other players. We only lost once to some retarded base rushers with shotguns on the night vision map....

I'll be on playing this later this weekend as well...

purg3

slept with Malkin
Good games tonight(except for shotgun rushers like Kinpen said) and I'll also be on over the weekend.

frogg609

Well I still can't find the squad. I have signed up in the online matchup forum. I guess I'll try tomorrow night to try and join.

purg3

slept with Malkin
BenjaminBirdie said:
Yeah, I'm looking for the squad too. :(

Whenever I typed in the squad name and searched nothing would show up. So I just had it search for any squad with a password, and it was in the list that came up.

Chichikov

You need to be in the same country (che just switched us to sal kar) have someone in the lobby for the squad to appear.
Let me know if you need me to jump in and approve you.

Treo360

sorry I had to drop so early. Lil' one woke up and had a meltdown. Didn't see the need to come back as I wouldn't be able to communicate at all.

What's going to be our meet up time in the future?

Chichikov said:
You need to be in the same country (che just switched us to sal kar) have someone in the lobby for the squad to appear.
Let me know if you need me to jump in and approve you.

WHAT.

Dude, I JUST switched to Morskoj!!!

**** I GOTTA WAIT TWO WEEKS!!!

Oh. Man.

purg3

slept with Malkin
BenjaminBirdie said:
WHAT.

Oh. Man.

I'm sorry....but :lol :lol :lol

But seriously that blows, I was looking forward to most of the old crew getting back on.

purgeface said:
I'm sorry....but :lol :lol :lol

But seriously that blows, I was looking forward to most of the old crew getting back on.

That was bad poker, dude. For reals. Like, how did you not know that after announcing six open slots, people would be looking to get in?

GOD THAT ****ING SUCKS. And I know in two weeks there won't be a spot open.

Jesus, I feel legitimately dejected.

Phthisis

BenjaminBirdie said:
WHAT.

Oh. Man.

Dude. WTF. Kingpen sais Morskoj. I just did the same thing.

*sigh*

Well, wanna start a squad Benjamin? We can kick their ass for their treachery.

Phthisis said:
Dude. WTF. Kingpen sais Morskoj. I just did the same thing.

*sigh*

Well, wanna start a squad Benjamin? We can kick their ass for their treachery.

I can't really elaborate on how little I want to even see the Chromehounds menu right now.

:lol

Phthisis

BenjaminBirdie said:
I can't really elaborate on how little I want to even see the Chromehounds menu right now.

:lol

Well if you get the itch to play, I'm squadless, too (my old squad went to Sal Kar, too. Oh the irony). Look me up; GT: Justegarde. Or something.

Bleh.

chespace

Honest mistake, man.

If you guys want to, start a new squad and we'll join there. :)

Dekelia

Awsome. I'm totally in. Bad timing for me right now though. If you are all still playing in a week, I'll definately join you.

Phthisis

I formed a new squad for anyone who joined Morskoj in the last couple days for the reunion and still feels like playing :\

Squad Name: 2 GAF
PW: LB, RB, LT, RT

I'll roll with it for 2 weeks until I can switch over to Sal Kar.

Chichikov

Phthisis said:
I formed a new squad for anyone who joined Morskoj in the last couple days for the reunion and still feels like playing :\

Squad Name: 2 GAF
PW: LB, RB, LT, RT

I'll roll with it for 2 weeks until I can switch over to Sal Kar.
IIRC you can switch a squad's country at the end of every war.

Phthisis

Chichikov said:
IIRC you can switch a squad's country at the end of every war.

Yeah, the war just ended a couple days ago. Someone falsley reported the location of the new GAF squad as being in Morskoj. I switched. Turns out the squad is in Sal Kar, so now I can't switch allegiancdes for another 2 weeks.

Uncle AJ

Phthisis said:
Someone falsley reported the location of the new GAF squad as being in Morskoj.

NeoGAF Brigade was still part of Morskoj until Che went on his member-kicking rampage last night. :D I was in the middle of the skirmish with the other 5 guys when I got randomly disconnected, and when I logged back in, the first message I got was "squad's allegiance changed to Sal Kar." So you just missed the boat.

Finally got my Xboxlive account setup.
Going to grab the game soon but I have a quick question.
This may sound stupid but do you have to be in a squad to play online? Anyway to just play a regular game or two to get your feet wet?

I plan on getting this game real soon and I need some experience before I try getting into a squad

Oh and gamertag is PepsimanVsJoe of course, downloading some demos right now though. :/

Kingpen

you basically need xbox live to play either the cpu or actual people in this game. You have to be in a squad to be able to play in the neromis war (which is the mode that you get money in to buy parts and also play against the cpu in). The GAF squad is dwindling down in nature.... There are not that many people that play in it any more. I plan to play this for a long while. I have fun just going against the CPU 1-on-1. I wonder if we should form up a new squad where we have direct control in it so we can switch nations when we want to (different nations have different parts and maps to play on)

I may form up a new squad if some of you new players want to get in on the action....

Phthisis

I've been offline for almost a week as a result of the Morskoj/Sal Kar debacle. I think in 8 or 9 days I can switch allegiances again.

HOWEVER, if you're thinking of starting a new squad because of dwindling GAF numbers, I would love to join you. If you switch to Morskoj, I'll join up, and I DO play everyday. Otherwise, I'll join the existing GAF squad in Sal Kar when my allegiance switch penalty is up.

Kingpen

done deal.... being that I want to be able to play this game with other people, and at least 2/3rds of the people that are in the 13th are not too interested in playing this regularly, I really am leaning toward forming up a new squad eventually...

I would really like to get some more teamwork Chromehounds action going....

I'll give this a week to see how many of you are still interested in doing a new squad (i know that some of you got alienated when the squad affiliation changed to Sal Kar, and only have a week left to wait)

We still have 4 spots left in the Brigade, so lets see if we can get some people in those...

Any squads willing to take a noob in?

I'm leaning towards a soldier type but I'd be willing to change roles if it is required, course I'll probably need to get a bit of training in. :/

I'll try not to suck too much and waste a bunch of money.

GT is: PepsimanVsJoe though I won't be on again until tonight at like 11:30pm or so

Top Bottom