• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Xirj

I would love to get into some real MP in this game. I bought it back when it came out and finished the SP for unlocks but never found a squad and therefore missed out on the best part of this game.

If the organizer of the squad has room for one more, count me in. GT: V1carious

Kingpen

I love me some chromehounds.... unfortunately when I saw interest in the game swell up when lost planet/graw2/crackdown hit, I decided to get a little trade value back for the game. I'll check gamestop out tomorrow to see if I can get it for cheap if they have it. Unfortunately I am limited in playtime more these days, and have some newer games to check out as well...

It is very nice to see you guys have interest in this again. I hope it lasts past this weekend fling....

We did create the NeoGAF RESERVE because the other one had virtually no one playing in it, and we couldn't control our nation affiliation.... I'll stop by Gamestop tomorrow and see what they have ( I have a feeling though I won't be on at the 'key' times all you other guys are looking to play, so I'm wondering if it is worth it...

Trasher

Kingpen said:
I love me some chromehounds.... unfortunately when I saw interest in the game swell up when lost planet/graw2/crackdown hit, I decided to get a little trade value back for the game. I'll check gamestop out tomorrow to see if I can get it for cheap if they have it. Unfortunately I am limited in playtime more these days, and have some newer games to check out as well...

It is very nice to see you guys have interest in this again. I hope it lasts past this weekend fling....

We did create the NeoGAF Reserves because the other one had virtually no one playing in it, and we couldn't control our nation affiliation.... I'll stop by Gamestop tomorrow and see what they have ( I have a feeling though I won't be on at the 'key' times all you other guys are looking to play, so I'm wondering if it is worth it...

YOU SOLD IT? YOU BASTARD! Remember the good times Kingpen! Remember!
For serious though, if it is like ridic expensive, I wouldn't buy it. Who knows how long we will keep playing even IF we do play this weekend. Che and I for sure will be on this weekend at least.

Beavertown

Garbage
Kingpen said:
so I'm wondering if it is worth it...

It's only like 20 bones these days. Pretty cheap for the greatest game ever made.

Anyway, I have a squad that plays pretty much everyday. Squad name is "Smurfcommanders" and we're in Tarakia, we have open spots if anyone wants in.

Kingpen

Damn.... I popped some cash for this game again today.... Getting me to play with you while I am online is not the problem... The problem is balancing when I can get online with also keeping a happy household around here....

If you see me online and want to play some Chromehounds, I am always down to play. This, Fight Night and NHL 20XX series are by far my favorite games on 360.

I was bummed they didn't announce a sequel to Chromehounds at E3, but I'm hoping they eventually do (this game is such a great mech game...). I guess the good thing is that the longer they don't, they longer they will keep the servers up on Chromehounds....

GT: KINGPEN66

Trasher

I'm on right now. TJ Trasher is my gamertag. The code to get into our squad is LB RB LT RT.
There are only 12 members in the Brigade atm, so we got lots of room. :)

Kingpen

Justegarde... I would suggest not changing squads. I plan to be a lot more active in Chromehounds now that I have it back. We need someone that has control of the squad in case we want to let others join us or change factions...

Once you change squads, you are screwed for 2 weeks if you want to get into a different one I think...

I don't know if Che or the other guys in their squad are planning to be very active after this weekend....

I can't play tonight, but will try to play tomorrow...

Phthisis

Kingpen said:
Justegarde... I would suggest not changing squads. I plan to be a lot more active in Chromehounds now that I have it back. We need someone that has control of the squad in case we want to let others join us or change factions...

Once you change squads, you are screwed for 2 weeks if you want to get into a different one I think...

I don't know if Che or the other guys in their squad are planning to be very active after this weekend....

I can't play tonight, but will try to play tomorrow...

Oh yeah. Forgot about that 2 week penalty. I guess I'll stay put. I'm always down for Chromehounds, so send an invite whenever.

Trasher

Might be better if we have two squads anyways. We can try to rig it so we play each other. Would probably be more fun that way.

Kingpen

Trasher... send me a friend request. I played with you, Denogg and Che back in the older days of the NeoGAF Brigade....

I didn't know your tag at the time though, but always wanted to know it since I knew you were so into Chromehounds....

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I'm gonna play tonight around 8 or 9 PST. Anyone else wanna go? I know Trasher's in.

And yeah, I'll switch us out of Sal Kar, just let me know what country.

NEOGAF BRIGADE MOBILIZE.

Trasher

Kingpen said:
Trasher... send me a friend request. I played with you, Denogg and Che back in the older days of the NeoGAF Brigade....

I didn't know your tag at the time though, but always wanted to know it since I knew you were so into Chromehounds....

Dude, I still have you on my friends list lol. We played lots of games together back in the day!

BTW, LOGGING ON NOW TO PLAY.

p3tran

Banned
if you like, send me a nudge when you guys are online.

armored core 4 did not work for me. I think chromehounds is still the better game.

I think From Soft. must gather all its resources and create the ultimate CHROMEHOUNDS 2.
that could potentially be one of the best games on the platform.

How is Chromehounds online? Only played some singleplayer (stuck on the Heavy Gunner arc) and I like the idea of assembling your own mech, although I've got no clue how to design it efficiently.

Alright....I want back in. Trasher and I played a couple games of free battle last night and I remembered how much fun this game really is. The only problem is that Che's kicked me off the NeoGaf Brigade, which is understandable since I haven't been on since last year but I want to get back on the team.

Come on Che, let me play in the pool again.

What are you guys going to play again?! I may hook up with the "Gaffer" crowd this time around. This is still one of my MOST played games on XBL. I haven't played since my nephew wiped out all my hound schematics on my HDD. I wanted to break his thumbs. I have an image of the HDD on my PC just been waiting (for over a month now) for MSFT to ship me my damn transfer cable for my elite HDD. Then I'll restore the image back to my 20GB HDD and grab my "hounds".

Kingpen

Sorry I didn't seem to make it on when you guys were looking to play this past weekend. Blame a wine tasting class on both Sat and Sun for it...

My wife it going out of town on Thursday - Monday this coming weekend though, so I am definitely looking to put some good time into Chromehounds with anyone that wants to give it a go...

Let me know if you want in to the NeoGAF RESERVE and I can approve you into the squad (we have to coordinate being on at the same time though as the game requires us both to be logged in)....

Apharmd Battler and PocketFudge, you are more then welcome to join the RESERVE...

Kingpen

If I can then I definitely will... I won't know until the time comes though. If I can, it will be about 9:00ish mountain west time

I'll come and throw a post on here if I am getting on....

Kingpen

A little bit of rust, but a lot of fun..

There was a patch when we put the game in. I wonder if they balanced out the shotgun 'Mario' karts from about 3 months ago...

I gotta make some new hound designs for sure...

Kingpen

Apparently there was a patch issued on April 4th that was badly needed... I stopped playing before seeing this so it was new to me
No more Shotgun Mario Karts!

Apr. 3 (Tue)
Japan: From 6pm to 9pm JST
US: From 2am to 5pm PST
UK: From 10am to 1pm GMT

With the new patch will come several new adjustments and changes. I have included a summary of some of the main points of the update and brief descriptions of the strategy behind each adjustment.

Defensive parts adjustments:
Enhance of defensive parts to increase difficulty in 'suicide attacks' on bases

Shotgun adjustments:
Reload time increased to balance ability to destroy base as quickly

Heavy Gunners adjustments:
Increased equilibrium characteristics of Quadraped legs. Firing misalignment of MSK-HC1500 will be restored to improve the accuracy.
As a result, the above 2 parts for Quadraped legs will have less firing misalignment and will be easier to handle.
Huge rocket firing misalignment adjusted
Huge rocket enables players to fire from long distance and had the possibility of attacking the headquarter at the start of a match.

Create more counters to fast moving HOUNDS:
Restore explosion range of ranged weapons
Missle speed of cannons increased
Huge cannon reload time reduced

Create counters to defensive aircrafts:
Sniper cannon firing backlash reduced
Reverse Joint leg equilibrium improved
Restore the ease of shooting in the same area for Sniper Cannon and make it possible to build anti aircrafts for [bird-type/DD] aircrafts. It can be destroyed by Sniper since the duration value of Huge cannon has been reduced in the previous patch.

Kingpen

So just some thoughts on coming back to the game after a 3 month hiatus....

-Shotgun Wheeled mechs are a lot more useless with the new patch, and that is a very good thing.

-Base Ranging / Dialing is the new 'cheap tactic' to use. Phthisis and I experienced this last night. Basically there are certain maps that people can utilize Heavy Gunners with the quad legs. It doesn't seem to be effective on all maps or all headquarter spots. I don't really know how cheap it is though, cause what would have stopped them from doing it from the very beginning of Chromehounds. It also does take some skill at least to be able to know the correct distance to aim with the howitzers and missles as well... Even though it sucked that we lost the match so quick, it was a lot better then getting base rushed by a Mario Kart with Shotguns. I actually always wanted to learn more about heavy gunners/defenders before but they never seemed to get much action like the other classes.

- CPU was actually a little different then I remember it last night. The CPU actually came out and was a little aggresive in trying to find our base. I remember in the past that 8 out of 10 times the cpu would just stay by their base. They put up a good challenge as well.

I can see myself losing lots of hours designing new mechs for this new patch... I hope that more of you guys gets interested to play again. With no Chromehounds 2 announced yet, this game at least has another year of longevity inside it's genre since there really is nothing else like it (not even Armored Core 4).

Phthisis

Kingpen said:
-Base Ranging / Dialing is the new 'cheap tactic' to use. Phthisis and I experienced this last night. Basically there are certain maps that people can utilize Heavy Gunners with the quad legs. It doesn't seem to be effective on all maps or all headquarter spots. I don't really know how cheap it is though, cause what would have stopped them from doing it from the very beginning of Chromehounds. It also does take some skill at least to be able to know the correct distance to aim with the howitzers and missles as well... Even though it sucked that we lost the match so quick, it was a lot better then getting base rushed by a Mario Kart with Shotguns. I actually always wanted to learn more about heavy gunners/defenders before but they never seemed to get much action like the other classes.

This kind of irritated me. I mean, one minute into the match the base started getting shelled from all the way across the map. There's nothing you can do to defend against that because we couldn't get over to stop it from happening before we would lose. The only thing I can think is that the people we played against play the same map over and over and know exactly the distance and position required to destroy the enemy bases. But that's lame.

Kingpen

Yeah, that is exactly it. It only works on certain maps with certain headquarters.... I'm guessing the guys that are doing it are just trying to boost their score by doing so.

Irritating, yeah for sure. But isn't it almost the a little bit of the same game that snipers try to play? It just made me want to experiment with more hound builds to try to figure out something that could counter this. That guys position was behind a hill, so from our headquarters, we were screwed. But I wonder how the game would have went if we had a different base and maybe had a clear view of this guy?

Also another tidbit I just realized is something so simple and dumb, yet I never thought to do it. You know how when in battle you get your gun camera taken out and then you are SOL just because one of the your guns out of your cluster that are all linked together gets some splash damage.

Often I have 2 weapon systems with 3 or 4 guns clustered together and I don't use the other weapon system slots. I realized today that you can use the other slots to put the same weapon clusters on, but just change the gun camera, so that way if one of your clusters gets gimped, hopefully the backup one is still functional....

Chichikov

I’m always up for some Chromehounds action (haven’t played in AGES though).
Is there a relatively active GAF squad going on?

p.s.
The changes looks great.

Phthisis

Smokey Bones said:
is there still a community in this game?

If there isn't, I would sure like to know who wiped the floor with me and Kingpen yesterday. Twice.

Chichikov said:
Is there a relatively active GAF squad going on?

NeoGAF Reserve in Morskoj is getting some recent playtime love. We're trying to jumpstart an interest in a reunion/getting new people to play.

Chichikov

Phthisis said:
NeoGAF Reserve in Morskoj is getting some recent playtime love. We're trying to jumpstart an interest in a reunion/getting new people to play.
Count me in then, assuming you have room (unless I’m already on that squad, honestly, can’t remember which of GAF’s squads I’m on).
I’ll try to hop on later tonight (I'm on PST).

p.s.
please, don’t switch countries for the time being, we had some mishaps last time we tried to resurrect our squad.

Kingpen

Yeah.... you guys are coming from the old NeoGAF Brigade/Thirteenth days.... I don't know if anyone is playing in that squad. We decided to branch off and make a new squad because Che was so busy with Forza that we could never do squad management type of stuff like changing nation affiliation or let new people in the squad.

Even if there are not always live players to play against when we are online, the CPU (my thought) seems to put up a decent fight. We always could Free battle against each other as well...

If you guys want to play, send me a friend invite KINGPEN66 and you are welcome in our squad (which seems to be the last active one on GAF)...

Edit: I don't plan on changing nation affliation at this time, so we are still in Morskoj

Kingpen

Smokey Bones said:
is there still a community in this game?

I think there will always be a diehard community in this game until Chromehounds 2 is announced and on retail shelves... The developers certainly keep patching the game as well to support continued play. There isn't another game like this one and it is still one of the best multiplayer experiences on LIVE.

Kingpen

Some images of DCharlie's that are sweet to fuel the motivation to get back in this kickass game...

255677975_b219390e1a_b.jpg

221140795_6660792e97_o.jpg

216918489_0f6c7989b7.jpg

216918658_cfe02764b3.jpg

216918802_dc8572dbd5.jpg

216919029_9e2bfff2fd.jpg

and some others...
CH00027.jpg

CH00032.jpg

CH00253.jpg

CH00246.jpg

CH00029.jpg

Chichikov

Ah, the memories:
6atajj7.jpg

short explanation -
For some reason someone tried to take us 1 on 4.
And for some reason (I think it was drunkenness and an assholism) we thought it would be a good idea to take out all his weapons and then robo-hump him gunless hound for a while.
Good times.
By the way, I’m the one on the left.
You can tell, cause I’m sexy.

we did send him an apologetic messages after it, assuring it’s all in good sport.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Chichikov said:
Ah, the memories:
6atajj7.jpg

short explanation -
For some reason someone tried to take us 1 on 4.
And for some reason (I think it was drunkenness and an assholism) we thought it would be a good idea to take out all his weapons and then robo-hump him gunless hound for a while.
Good times.
By the way, I’m the one on the left.
You can tell, cause I’m sexy.

we did send him an apologetic messages after it, assuring it’s all in good sport.

LOL he though the robohump was hilarious afterwards luckily. :lol

Ahh....good times.....

Chichikov

OK Kingpen, I switched to Morskoj and sent you a friend request (GT: Hapoel TA).
I'm ready to roll.

Yo, Kobold, care to take the rust off the old tower of power?

Phthisis

Anyone want to play tonight? Chichikov if you're around I'll hop online so you can see the squad on the squad list and join up.

Chichikov

Phthisis said:
Anyone want to play tonight? Chichikov if you're around I'll hop online so you can see the squad on the squad list and join up.
I'm around.

edit: wow, there seem to be much more people playing this than I would imagined.

Top Bottom