• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Chromehounds Squad Thread

Mr YuYu

Kingpen said:
I think there will always be a diehard community in this game until Chromehounds 2 is announced and on retail shelves... The developers certainly keep patching the game as well to support continued play. There isn't another game like this one and it is still one of the best multiplayer experiences on LIVE.

your comment made me buy this game, it better be good :lol Got it yesterday for only 15 euros!
I might be online tonite.(if the game lets me, yesterday evening it was unable to find the chromehounds server)

Anyway, add me if u guys want to. Gamertag: Mr YuYu

Quagm1r3

I was really competitive at this last year (i think) when it came out. I just bought a used copy off amazon for $12 and I'm ready to get back into it. Back in the day I was ranked a platoon sergeant. Me and my friend were thinking of regrouping our old squad the "Lost Hounds". Hit me up if anyone's interested. GT: II Quagm1re II

Fjord

Is the squad limit still 20? That was one of its biggest problems imo, you need WoW raiding guild style attendance from your squadmates or its difficult to have a good battle.

Kingpen

I believe we still have about 10 spots left in the RESERVE. We got a new member last night, and had a squad of 4 going for a few games.. Was pretty fun, although to get a well oiled machine going, you gotta work out the kinks (which we had a few times last night)

I want to definitely retool my hound. We all saw the power of close up grenades last night, so maybe I'll look into that for a side weapon...

Jeff-DSA

Huh, if people start playing again, I'd definitely be down for coming back too. Some of those squad battles were so fun. Even when we just met up and battled it was a blast. I'll never forgive Che for absolutely demolishing me one night about 10 battles straight.

Phthisis

Kingpen said:
I believe we still have about 10 spots left in the RESERVE. We got a new member last night, and had a squad of 4 going for a few games.. Was pretty fun, although to get a well oiled machine going, you gotta work out the kinks (which we had a few times last night)

I want to definitely retool my hound. We all saw the power of close up grenades last night, so maybe I'll look into that for a side weapon...

Yeah, I'm gonna spend some serious time in the garage today and try out different designs.

Quagm1r3

Kingpen said:
Squad information for those that want to join up....

NeoGAF RESERVE
Morskoj
Password = X,Y,X,Y

I tried searching for this squad but it didn't come up. Does that mean no one's online or did I type it wrong?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'd like to get back into it, but i never came up with a good post-patch build, and i'm not sure i want to get into the whole cycle of construction and testing. maybe i'll fire it up this week.

Quagm1r3

drohne said:
i'd like to get back into it, but i never came up with a good post-patch build, and i'm not sure i want to get into the whole cycle of construction and testing. maybe i'll fire it up this week.

I think most of us are going through this now. But what's going to tick me off more is seeing the same nation (morskoj) win every war, with Sal Kar always the first to fall. It almost makes you feel like it's not worth fighting in the war at all, y'know?

Phthisis

Quagm1r3 said:
I tried searching for this squad but it didn't come up. Does that mean no one's online or did I type it wrong?

It means nobody was online. If you're still around, I'm about to jump into the garage and experiment with mech designs; I can let you in if you're online.

Chichikov

drohne said:
I think I finally managed to get a nice one built last night (humiliation can be a great motivation!).
I’m dying to test it tonight.

Also, to my surprise we didn’t really run into cheap players or builds, maybe the community had matured a bit (yeah I know, I just doomed myself to more cheese than the Wisconsin’s state fair).

Beavertown

Garbage
Chichikov said:
Also, to my surprise we didn’t really run into cheap players or builds, maybe the community had matured a bit (yeah I know, I just doomed myself to more cheese than the Wisconsin’s state fair).

It's not too bad now.. but every once in awhile you'll run into someone with 3 homing packs, or some base rangers or rapers.. but other than that, it's pretty balanced.

Phthisis

Just had a great free battle session with Quagmire. It was the first time I was dishing out the raping, and it felt so good. I think in our first match, only one person died one time, and the rest of us made it through 15 minutes alive.

Quagm1r3

Phthisis said:
Just had a great free battle session with Quagmire. It was the first time I was dishing out the raping, and it felt so good. I think in our first match, only one person died one time, and the rest of us made it through 15 minutes alive.

That kind of ended when you left :(

I lost 3 matches in a row before I had to go. Oh well... can't win em' all. Especially when you start running into those missle launcher treaders.

Kingpen

Sorry guys, I got booted off, and my wife is leaving town tomorrow. I'll be back online tomorrow though...

Welcome to the squad Purge and Quag

Uncle AJ

How frequently are you guys finding other squads to fight?

It was awesome when we actually got to play (and no one got booted through some miracle), but most of the time I kept thinking to myself, "Yeah, I'm kind of sick of this map screen and these chicks singing in the background." :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
We were able to find games fairly easy tonight. It was definitely fun to get back into the swing of Chromehounds after not playing for a while.

Phthisis

Mo the Hawk said:
How frequently are you guys finding other squads to fight?

It was awesome when we actually got to play (and no one got booted through some miracle), but most of the time I kept thinking to myself, "Yeah, I'm kind of sick of this map screen and these chicks singing in the background." :lol

How ironic. I was just talking tonight about who we would boot out if the squad got too full, and your name came up :p

But to answer your question, yeah we found games with other players almost every time both tonight and last night.

Kingpen

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I tried to join the reserves earlier but no one was on so I couldn't.....I forgot that you needed someone on before you can locate a squad

PocketFudge...

If you want to join today, let me know. I should be online a lot during the day. I just dropped my wife off at the airport for her going out of town for 5 days, and all I have to do is play games...

Trasher

Yo dudes, I'm getting on tonight, and Che might be on too. We should try to get like 6 of us on to do some 3v3's or something for fun.

Btw, I have been playing a lot of games and I have sadly discovered that my Sabre hounds are not working as well as they used to. What's a good build these days?

Chichikov

Great games tonight, too bad about that ****ing Jew with his weird accent going all friendly fire on everybody.
Maybe we can kick him from the squad.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Chichikov said:
Yo, Kobold, care to take the rust off the old tower of power?

I want to, but my copy of the game got totally stolen! I haven't been tracing a new one down yet... gotta do that though!

Maxrpg said:
You guys want to see the ol' Crusader and stuff back in action? :p

Yaaay! But don't get all soppy on us again, K. :D

Chichikov said:
Great games tonight, too bad about that ****ing Jew with his weird accent going all friendly fire on everybody.

Haha, you up to your ol' antics it seems. :lol

Chichikov said:

Ahhhh......now I know who you are. If you shoot me again, you're off the team. :p

Yeah, that was fun last night. We need to do it again

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Trasher said:
Yo dudes, I'm getting on tonight, and Che might be on too. We should try to get like 6 of us on to do some 3v3's or something for fun.

Btw, I have been playing a lot of games and I have sadly discovered that my Sabre hounds are not working as well as they used to. What's a good build these days?

The lack of X360 in my house hurts more with this post.

Kingpen

I went on a major Dead Rising/ Resident Evil 4 rant the past 3 days, so I wasn't playing hounds.... Slashing up Zombies with a hedge trimmer just didn't feel the same as using a multi-grenade launcher though...

Good to see you guys got some games in though....

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Yeah, good games last night.

My hound was doing okay (3 falchions and a Morskoj HW-300 howitzer) but I am getting the itch to tinker with other designs.

Let's get some weapons strategy talk going here. Last night Trasher was pwning with his 4 howitzer combo. What are the best mechs these days?

Kingpen

I have found recent success with the downloadable multiple grenade launchers. I have 4 of them on my fast hound, and if I can get close to another hound, I can mess on up pretty good with about 2 volleys (I think it shoots out 3 grenades per launcher at once).

They cost 100 points, but have given me good results. I hope others chime in with what is working for them right now....

Orlics

chespace said:
Yeah, good games last night.

My hound was doing okay (3 falchions and a Morskoj HW-300 howitzer) but I am getting the itch to tinker with other designs.

Let's get some weapons strategy talk going here. Last night Trasher was pwning with his 4 howitzer combo. What are the best mechs these days?

If Sega had Turn 10 make Chromehounds 2, would you? :lol

Giard

Just wondering, as I don't want to post a new thread for a simple question.

Is there offline multiplayer in this game? Like split-screen VS? And are there a lot of parts to customize your mech?

Mr YuYu

Giard said:
Just wondering, as I don't want to post a new thread for a simple question.

Is there offline multiplayer in this game? Like split-screen VS? And are there a lot of parts to customize your mech?

i have no idea about the split-screen VS.(i doubt it tough, haven't come across it yet on the menus.)

There are lots of parts to customize your mech. You can aquire some of them by playing trough the single player and some of the parts can also be bought via a shop in the multiplayer section. (a few parts are also availeble on the marketplace)

arcader

Banned
I have had this game for a while, but I just started playing it recently.

It takes some time getting use to after playing Armored Core to death recently on PS2/PS3.

I have only finished the "soldier" training missions offline, and am just average at best online...

I think ill try to breeze thru the rest of the training and get all of those achievments before I focus anymore on the online game.

Kingpen

Mr YuYu said:
Is there still room in the neogaf reserve squad?

Yes there is:
NeoGAF RESERVE
X Y X Y
Tarakia

Seriously Hapoel.... we had been in Morskoj since Feb/March.... Twas time for a change for people to get different parts.

Top Bottom