• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

SKluck

Banned
Hey, if you guys want to dump me from the Clan, I don't have a problem with it. I don't have the time anymore to play multiple organized games in parties, I haven't played in a week, but when I do get on, I just jump into a few random match games and log off. I am a good player (considered one of the 'good ones'? Who knows), but if I can't play to help out, what use is that.

I'm not really into the universal Halo 2 rank obsession either.

I've got a massive backlog of movies/games/whatever the fuck, and honestly, I prefer HL2DM/CSS.

I'm not a very good clan member.

My suggestion would be to create another GA clan. (Neo-GAF) have our best 20(initially) people join up, while the current Clan stays stays for the people just looking for games. and Neo-GAF will add more players as time goes on from the pool of players we have from that group but they will have to prove that they are actually good.

Or you guys could just join my clan. "Demanufacture". Yeah, I know I had a different clan before, but this new one is a combination of two decent clans (rouge knights and new nemesis). Consider this: In our first day we became level 7 minor and level 6 major. Our players are great now and there's not a slacker in the roster. I've played with DaAnswer3 and as far as I'm concerned, he and anyone like him looking to move on from GAF has a standing invitation to join Demanufacture.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
alright skluck, I'll bump you from the clan to free a spot, but if you change your mind just post here again, I don't think free spots are very hard to come by.

Oh and Lemming, I mentioned rank as a way to tell who was playing a lot, I mean on the clan page it shows your highest rank in any mode and I figure anyone with a 7 by now probably doesn't play a lot. I was going to base picking one of those people, or a bunch, and then posting their names here, if they still play then fine. I'm not to worried about overall clan rank really.

Ramirez

I like the idea of merging with Uno,because honestly,there are like 10 people who play clan matches for us,so it wouldn't be that big of a group moving.

Ramirez

That was real smooth with half the team quitting earlier on me,Nutter, and Cerrius *thumbsup*

I think Im gonna join Uno.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
The games that I usually play with guys like catfish, Prine, Wario and several others from the clan are at late night (eastern time zone: 12am-ish). So maybe that would be the best time to play if you're looking for games with guys from the clan.

hgplayer1

during the week Im usually on between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m. EST and on weekends its just a matter of when I dont have anything to do. I havent been seeing too many people from the clan online either but I still send out a message to anyone thats on to invite me if there are clan matches going on.

Cerrius sorry I didnt join you last night. when you sent me the first couple of invites I was in a game and when i finished that game I got out and waited to see if your status would change to joinable but it never did. when you sent that last invite I was done for the night I just hadnt bothered to turn off my Xbox yet.

I should be on tonight but Im not sure at what times and I may just be in matchmaking with friends.

Nutter

deadlifter said:
Anyone know why some of my stats aren't showing up? I checked a bit after i played and it was saying i hadn't played any Rumble Pit matches or Head to Head matches. Now my Rumble Pit level is showing, but my Head to Head level won't show up. The two Head to Head matches are clearly in my games list, so what gives?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=duderon

My Stats do the same thing, Check back at another time. All your games should show up eventually.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
so is there going to be a more serious clan made?

me, sembe and a couple of other of the nz guys were considering doing this, as pretty much the only people I ever play with would be

Sembe
apexgt
usoalii
ironclad ninja
nutterbutter
cerrius
dopeyfish
fixedup
Wario64
psychopath83
hgplayer1
op1vy (occasionally)

and a few others that I forget right now, I think mainly timezone prevents seeing a lot of other people if there are any, prett much late night for most of you is when I am on. I see you on a little bit Ramirez, I noticed you drop from the clan anyways, how are you guys doing? levels?

Oh and Uno, whats your gamertag? I'll send you a friend request and see if I am on much when you are.

Ramirez

If you all start up a more serious clan I'll join you guys,but I just got mad that day people started quttin cuz we were losin. :|

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
If you all start up a more serious clan I'll join you guys,but I just got mad that day people started quttin cuz we were losin. :|

The only thing that makes me madder than that is when a bunch of shitty dicks tie (or worse win) a game by pulling a flag through a wall..... we would have beat down a clan of level 13's (vs our 11), but then we are standing there guarding the flag (and really owning them everytime they run in) then, bam, the flag disappears. TIE

My gamertag is just Uno Ill Nino like on here. I usually play around 10 PM Central Time Zone. Most of my clan plays around those hours as well. We have your Ramirez, so why don't the rest of you just join as well? Resistance is futile. :)

Our levels right now are: 10 Major, 8 Minor. We have roughly 20 members, but are trying to actively recruit. The process is slow however since most people already play in clans and like you, aren't willing to merge. :p

Just join us already. It'd make too much sense. We'd have about 30 or so people then. I garauntee that if you guys play as much as we do, we'll always have enough for a major AND a minor game simultaneously on most nights. Right now its kinda rough cuz 5 or 6 of our guys have exams and shit and the rest of us have places to be for the holidays, but for the mostpart we are a dedicated clan. You guys joining us would be awesome and you all know it, but I think what it is is that you just FEAR the awesomeness we would all possess. Perhaps the responsibility of being an unstoppable force is too much for the rest of you to handle. You wouldn't be used to winning so many games in one sitting. Yes, I agree that at times it can be a tremendous weight on our shoulders, being the Halo 2 champions of the universe that we are, but somebody has to do it. Might as well do it with us. :)

strikeselect

I swear I saw so many "Playing Madden NFL 2005" messages under clan members today I thought the GAF clan was converted to a Madden clan. :lol

Also, why are people inviting players who aren't GA-ers into the clan? We got this "games 4 life" guy in and he's not even a GAer. This is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Cerrius said:
Also, why are people inviting players who aren't GA-ers into the clan? We got this "games 4 life" guy in and he's not even a GAer. This is ridiculous.

well since barely anyone from GA actually plays.....

I invited 2 guys that play from my house all the time, cause, well it means I can always get clan matches, they are pretty good too. I guess it makes a pretty strong case for new clans.

I guess it makes a pretty strong case for new clans.

Yeah, so join mine already. Christ. What's it gonna take to convince you guys? You'd have 20 new people to play with. If we all band together we won't have such a hard time finding decent people to play with.

Nutter

Uno Ill Nino said:
Yeah, so join mine already. Christ. What's it gonna take to convince you guys? You'd have 20 new people to play with. If we all band together we won't have such a hard time finding decent people to play with.

Well i dont know about the others but i would rather have another GAF Clan. (Neo-GAF)

Dopey and Ramirez already left GA :(

-Nutterbutter700

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
iD0pRimE said:
Well i dont know about the others but i would rather have another GAF Clan. (Neo-GAF)

Dopey and Ramirez already left GA :(

-Nutterbutter700

well then make a new clan :p

Nutter

DopeyFish said:
well then make a new clan :p

Hmm, Well ill say it Here... ANYONE who is even slightly serious regarding Halo 2 and i have played with you or you have good credentials; you will get the invite.

Do I really have to start the new clan? i mean i would rather have Wario be the Overlord.

DopeyFish

iD0pRimE said:
Hmm, Well ill say it Hear... ANYONE who is even slightly serious regarding Halo 2 and i have played with you or you have good credentials; you will get the invite.

Do I really have to start the new clan? i mean i would rather have Wario be the Overlord.

you can have more than one overlord =p

Nutter

DopeyFish said:
you can have more than one overlord =p

Alright It shall be done tonight.

Invites will be sent out tonight as well. (The ones that matter)

Any Objections to the name. Neo-GAF

DopeyFish

no objection from me, but when you make it, invite a bunch of people and let's start playing tonight ;;)

we should also settle on a single logo...

like mine ;) rah

hgplayer1

Ill gladly accept the invite to the new clan but it probably wont be until next week so do revoke it. I dont have my own xbox at the moment and probably wont get a new one until next week.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I'll have my headset on christmas day and i'll add all you dudes to my friends list. Hopefully i'm worthy to participate in the new clan :p

DopeyFish

For clan Neo GAF:

Don't invite *anyone*. If you think someone is good enough... come to one of us (like me, donkey, idoprime, etc) to approve the people. If you guys end up inviting we don't want to make you look silly on the bungie page by making you all peons :lol

And that loss on headlong last night is partly my fault... i might have been able to delay them by just a second, but i sorta half fell asleep camping protecting the site... and got reamed by someone walking down the stairs. Sorry ;(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'd have to say that the Neo-Gaf is doing pretty well so far. but i guess a low ranking it should be like that......

So far though, it looks like assault on headlong is our bogey level (even though one of those games was a big team battle.) But yeah, we need strategies and places to stand on that map for sure.

best I can think of is securing the beam and rockets, and checking for the rocket respawn, I got done by the other team running across that swaying beam and picking up the re-spawned rockets a couple of times.

I missed killing that bomber by a millisecond as well.

EDIT:

Post your sensitivity settings as well. I've got mine set on ten, it's usually good, but occasionally I get 'lost' if there is 2 or 3 people around me. thinking of lowering it.

Nutter

catfish said:
I'd have to say that the Neo-Gaf is doing pretty well so far. but i guess a low ranking it should be like that......

So far though, it looks like assault on headlong is our bogey level (even though one of those games was a big team battle.) But yeah, we need strategies and places to stand on that map for sure.

best I can think of is securing the beam and rockets, and checking for the rocket respawn, I got done by the other team running across that swaying beam and picking up the re-spawned rockets a couple of times.

I missed killing that bomber by a millisecond as well.

EDIT:

Post your sensitivity settings as well. I've got mine set on ten, it's usually good, but occasionally I get 'lost' if there is 2 or 3 people around me. thinking of lowering it.

Yeah Both of our losses were on Headlong. :/
Also my sensitivity is default. never have been bothered by it so never changed it.

edit: who invited demonic? Also please dont send out invites until you talk to either me, dopey or donkey for any additions to the team.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
iD0pRimE said:
edit: who invited demonic? Also please dont send out invites until you talk to either me, dopey or donkey for any additions to the team.

hmmm. probably apexgt, they are flatmates. Apex is really good, demonic.... not quite so good, has it been accepted yet, scrap the invite if it hasn't or you could just boot him if ya want, i'm not near an xbox for quite a while.. Thats kind of my bad, I'll make it clear what the deal is.... Does everyone have invite rights? maybe we should stop that, the clans actually quite big already. is there a member list on the bungie page?

EDIT AGAIN:

Currently we stand at

Major clan: 12 games 9 wins 2 losses 1 tie LEVEL 6
Minor clan: 3 from 3! LEVEL 3

DopeyFish

I play at default sensitivity.

demonic has already accepted the invite and i think he's already playing in clan matches, idoprime is online so he can deal with it if he wants :p

since Out4dolo = fixedup, i removed the out4dolo clan invite.

i'll be on to play most likely around 10:30 EST (4 hours from this post)

Hey guys, I'm about to start playing right now...If anyone wants to play, my GamerTag is RyoGCH. Send me a Party Invite or something.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
demonic has already accepted the invite and i think he's already playing in clan matches, idoprime is online so he can deal with it if he wants :p

accepted. not played though. just boot him if you see this and are online nutter, he plays a lot, but mostly seems to play alone, barely ever accepts invites.

Nutter

catfish said:
accepted. not played though. just boot him if you see this and are online nutter, he plays a lot, but mostly seems to play alone, barely ever accepts invites.

Alright when i go on again ill boot him. (ill be on around 7:00 PM PST)

Currently Everyone has the option to invite anyone they choose. But if wekeep having these problems we can always make the rest of the clan peons. :p

Also The Final Clan should be about ~25 people, with some adjustments.

strikeselect

My sensitivity's at 2. Works well for me, anything higher gives me a headache.

Neo-GAF has been doing well so far, I like.

Nutter

Wario why arent you accepting the clan invite and any game invite. :(

And just a heads up i wont be on until after 10PM PST today; If you see me online between now and then that is most likely my brother.

Ramirez

I was gonna tell you guys,if Im on and I don't join you its because I'm playin with a local friend,so no need to spam me :p

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
obligitory whine about the cheaters post....

fucking there is a cheat out there that lets you essentially become invisible, steal the flag and get it halfway back to your base before you reappear and the team knows whats going on. Me, Sembe, ironclad ninja and Nutter were all playing these level 18 guys, we scored on them then played defense. 3 of us are standing right at our flag, then "FLAG TAKEN" it just vanishes. guy is already halfway back to his base.

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=36900745&player=Donkey69

theres the fuckhead right there, "all talk1989" Fucking all talk is right. grrrrrrr.

also the glitch where you hide the bomb on midship SUCKS. these guys did it to us, scored once then they put the bomb on the roof and it stayed there for about 5 minutes. WEAK.

Top Bottom