• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF PS3 NCAA 2009 Online Dynasty: Are you a man? Are you 40? Sign up!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
oh my goodness i had the sickest pick 6 on fmt.

Then EA Servers die so i cant even get a replay of it. Horseshit

Mrbob

Did you guys get disconnected too?

Me and Denogg just got disconnected in our game as well.

Anyway I am in.

lol that pick 6 was bullshazbot! fucking should have been tackled like 10 times!

anyhow, while heisman still has "issues", they aren't as bad as default AA. sliders will help even more and hopefully that 2nd patch will fix some of the defensive problems.

LiveWire

A bit OT, but does anyone have any issues with the PS3 wireless controllers not syncing, either after losing charge or at any time during gameplay? I started campus legend mode last night and was doing really well, got a scholarship from WVU as their 2nd string and by week 3 freshman year became the starter.

I was in week 6 (I played for about 6 hours yesterday, lol) against Rutgers when the controller conked out and wouldn't connect to the PS3 even when I hooked it up via USB cable. It pissed me off since I had 4 rushing TDs/1 receiving TD and was on my way to the 5th rushing TD in the 4th quarter when it happened. :(

I guess from now on I gotta keep an eagle eye on the battery charge of these things, but having no wired or AA battery alternative really blows. :/

DCX

DCX
Great game Denogg...i thought for sure i would let that game slip away. You played a fantastic game and moved the ball but just sputtered on my half of the field.

DCX

ok, so far we've got 8 people in for sure. DM is still pending. we dont NEED 12 since can start dynasty with any number of players we want.

my question now is when do you guys want to start? i have the rosters so we can start whenever.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok, so far we've got 8 people in for sure. DM is still pending. we dont NEED 12 since can start dynasty with any number of players we want.

my question now is when do you guys want to start? i have the rosters so we can start whenever.
Do tell? What are the setting we are using? 8-12 teams in one conference or we can pick what ever teams we want?

DCX

1. fmt
2. shawn
3. mrbob
4. coldblooded
5. livewire
6. lonestar
7. denogg
8. az
9. dcx
10. malley

thats what we've got so far!

we'll do 4 different divisions (with 3 human teams per division).

now to figure out the following:

a) which divisions
b) what difficulty setting will the AI be on?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If I can change some names I know to be wrong after the fact, it's no problem.

BTW, I'm only in the league to play as Alabama.

I am MIA until July 28th. I just got married yesterday and I leave for Hawaii tomorrow. Please don't leave me a shitty team!!

Love,

Shawnwhann

i played cold online today and there are a few things we know:

1. game needs sliders badly. it is impossible to get good pressure on the QB without an all out blitz.

2. without said pressure, things like screen passes become basically unstoppable. as i've said before, the risk with a screen pass is that the defensive pressure gets in fast enough to sack the QB. but no pressure ever gets to the qb. the screen pass can develop 9 out of 10 times without any issues and usually it goes for moderate to big yardage. it can be stopped (as anything "can" be), but it's too effective.

3. same with slant and digs when playing against man. obviously a proper zone will curb these but even against man press (again, because there is no pressure) the WR gets jammed, but the qb has so much time that he gets out of the jam and is essentially wide open.

CB i wanted to play you unranked so we could play heisman and see how effective it is at stopping some of these problems. next time!

anyhow, we'll do 4 "conferences". the bolds are who i feel we should be able to choose from:

ACC
Atlantic Division - Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, NC State, Wake Forest
Coastal Division - Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Virginia Tech

Big East
Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse and West Virginia, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida

Big Ten
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big XII
North - Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska
South - Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Conference USA
East - UAB, UCF, East Carolina, Marshall, Memphis, Southern Miss
West - Houston, Rice, SMU, UTEP, Tulane, Tulsa

MAC
East - Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami University, Ohio, Temple
West - Ball St, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

Mountain West
Air Force, BYU, Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, TCU, UNLV, Utah, Wyoming

PAC10
Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State

Sun Belt
Arkansas State, UL Lafayette, UL Monroe, MTSU, North Texas, Troy, Florida Atlantic, Florida International

SEC
Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

WAC
Boise State, Fresno State, Idaho, Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, Nevada, San Jose State, Utah State

---------

not set in stone since i'm certain some people will want the big 10 in there. so give me some ideas as to which conferences would be preferable TO YOU!

DCX

DCX
....No Big East huh? That would suck....umm...i think we should vote for the 4 conference by PM to you. The ones that have the most votes are the ones that get in. Sound fair? Tie breaks determined by you.

DCX

original post has the updated conference votes. so far only 6 people have voted (and we only have 10 in the league, possibly 12 if DM and ramirez play)

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
original post has the updated conference votes. so far only 6 people have voted (and we only have 10 in the league, possibly 12 if DM and ramirez play)

I'm online and sent you a PSN invite if you're still up for a game on Heisman?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Not that I am in the dynasty, but this seemed like a good place to put this.

I played 2 games yesterday. The connections were really good. Both games had the opponent ask for a "friendly quit". One was 7-0 in the first quarter, the second one was 24-7 in the 3rd. I accepted the first one, and denied the second one and finished against the CPU for a win. I enjoyed it alot and definitely getting me ready for the Madden league.

BTW, my PSN name is dskillzhtown

DCX

DCX
We're waiting on the voting for the conferences. Which looks like the Big East won't be included :( So i would say a day or two for voting, maybe a day or two to set up. So maybe a week.

DCX

i want to give DM a chance to join or decline joining. well, DM and ramirez.

relax dude, the league is going to start soon. it's going to be a looooooooooooooooong dynasty, so dont get your panties in a twist just yet!

ACC - 7
Pac 10 - 7
SEC - 8
Big 10 - 4

ok, those are the conferences we're going with. so go ahead and pick your teams. i have taken the liberty of filling in the people who i know want Team X. if there is a dispute in teams we'll figure it out! post away! (remember only 3 people per conference!)

1. fmt
2. shawn - ?
3. mrbob - wisconsin
4. coldblooded - USC
5. livewire - ?
6. lonestar - alabama
7. denogg - ?
8. az - clemson
9. dcx - ?
10. malley - ?

Top Bottom