• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Little King's Story Thread of Tiny Conquistadors

INTERNET said:
Howser is telling me to go to Sunflower Plains next, but I don't have chefs or miners available yet. I can wipe out chickens slowly with archers, but I'm not sure I can advance to the next boss without a miner. I've bought everything available (up through the merchant), when do they show up?
I believe you can make chefs by defeating the guardian in the mushroom forest. I believe the Clockwork Guardian or Owl Hag's defeats open up Gourmet Town, as well.

Sunshine Plains is REALLY difficult without a chef. You don't need a miner to get through, but he makes it a lot easier, since he can wail on those rock monsters.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
ShockingAlberto said:
I believe you can make chefs by defeating the guardian in the mushroom forest. I believe the Clockwork Guardian or Owl Hag's defeats open up Gourmet Town, as well.

Sunshine Plains is REALLY difficult without a chef. You don't need a miner to get through, but he makes it a lot easier, since he can wail on those rock monsters.
oh, right. almost forgot about that. so yeah, i did have a miner before i faced Duvroc. i took one of my lumberjacks off of duty to get one in.

Oxx

I think I managed to get through the Sunflower Plains without a chef.

I'm sure it's pretty easy to run through the area, passed the scarecrow and to the cow cannon.

I did Sunflower Plains without chefs or miners. Killed everything there too, including doing that chicken club quest where you have to kill about a dozen of them. A lot of brave soldiers died for that one. And only later did I discover that a. it's only a side money quest that keeps respawning and b. it would've been easy with chefs.
I think I did both the kings after that before I got any miners and chefs too.

botticus

zigg said:
I know what you mean, this took me awhile too, though I did have a lot of fun in Wavy Rock. :D
Go back into the Onii king's arena, then exit on the left side (the camera doesn't move, so it's always out the left). That'll get you to Sunflower Plains and onward!
Gah. I will attend to that tonight following Merlan's funeral. She will be missed.

I'm guessing those two colored rocks indicating the southern entrance should have been the clue that there was also an exit on the left side.

Tyrant mode is completely kicking my ass. 1 hp all around is ridiculous. Thank god for those beans and edicts. I couldn't imagine going through the whole game with 1 health for the entire party. Just beat the first king without any casualties so at least I'm making progress.

zigg

Hey, uh, my chefs aren't attacking the chickens.

They run up to them and go ? and run back. And I have to run away.

What gives?

zigg

I do try to stay out of range of their attacks when setting up my own :D But they're definitely locked on. Hmm. I'll try again a little later, probably sunk way too many hours into this game already today.

hellclerk

zigg said:
I do try to stay out of range of their attacks when setting up my own :D But they're definitely locked on. Hmm. I'll try again a little later, probably sunk way too many hours into this game already today.
you need to be just a bit closer. i like to step up right after their attack into its range and launch the cook. even if the fowl beast is halfway into its attack, the cook will essentially cancel and cook it.

Arde5643

Oh man, I am so in love with this game - just started playing it today and couldn't stop playing for the last 5 hours.

I echo people's sentiments that this game should have had pointer controls as optional since that would've made some battles and navigating easier.

Other than that, soldiers can get left behind while going up stairs which is another source of annoyance.

Those little niggles don't compare to the game's charm and fun though.

Awesome game - it's got a lil bit of RPG, a good simple yet pretty challenging RTS, as well as some simulation.

Mekere

Have you noticed that, when you use the telescope at the top of the mountain, you can see Liam talking to your people in the castle court.
I really find that suspect, could it be he is trying to take my throne? >_>

Mekere said:
Have you noticed that, when you use the telescope at the top of the mountain, you can see Liam talking to your people in the castle court.
I really find that suspect, could it be he is trying to take my throne? >_>

Ah, and the paranoia of being King sets in.

hellclerk

Artanisix said:
FUCK you Liam! Stop asking me for money :mad:
incidently, what do (did) you think of Verde's requests for money? i really never minded giving her the more modest amounts she requested
and i immediately scrounged up all i could to get her the money she needed after her house was destroyed by the earthquakes

I'm lost. I got to where the 6 other kings are shown and I've gone along the edges of the world and built all the job types currently available but the only missions I get are low level ones. There are these large wooden gates that seem to block the way to the kingdoms. I don't know what to do other than wait for a mission to come along to take out a king I guess.

robut said:
I'm lost. I got to where the 6 other kings are shown and I've gone along the edges of the world and built all the job types currently available but the only missions I get are low level ones. There are these large wooden gates that seem to block the way to the kingdoms. I don't know what to do other than wait for a mission to come along to take out a king I guess.

I don't recall ever getting a mission to fight a king. You just gotta go do it yourself. If you haven't fought Onii King yet there's another exit to the east of the big wooden blockade in the farmlands area that should take you to him.

botticus

robut said:
If you're where I was, discussed briefly above,
there's a western exit from the area where you fought the Onii king to the Sunshine Plains.

Dascu

doomed1 said:
incidently, what do (did) you think of Verde's requests for money? i really never minded giving her the more modest amounts she requested
and i immediately scrounged up all i could to get her the money she needed after her house was destroyed by the earthquakes
End-game spoilers:
It was so sweet of her to let you keep the money on her final request. Too bad the Rat King ate her. :(

Beat the game. the last time i had this much fun playing a video game was RE4.

Dascu said:
It was so sweet of her to let you keep the money on her final request. Too bad the Rat King ate her. :(
i don't think she dies? :( but if that's true, next time i'll bring along the fat one.

hellclerk

Dascu said:
THE FUCK MAN! I'M NOT THAT FAR ALONG! LABEL YOUR DAMN SPOILERS!!!!!!

AniHawk

So anyway, I totally just murderized the remaining guardians. Almost developed my kingdom, which is pretty nice. There's one more area I want to explore before taking on more bosses though. I'm getting the feeling I could take them down with ease at this point, but we'll see.

Luigison

Earlier today I had several people marry, but none produced any children. I'd never had this happen before. Is there a max number of subjects you can have? Do I now have to let someone die to be able to get another child
since I already turned all mine into adults

Also, I sometimes get a message something like "rock-a-bye baby in the tree top", but don't see anything in the trees. Are there items hidden in trees that can't be seen?

Haunted

AniHawk said:
So anyway, I totally just murderized the remaining guardians. Almost developed my kingdom, which is pretty nice. There's one more area I want to explore before taking on more bosses though. I'm getting the feeling I could take them down with ease at this point, but we'll see.
Yeah, the game makes you feel very powerful and in control once you have your personal guard all set up and you're just mowing through regular enemies and the optional sidequests (random and kingdom expanding), but the game always manages to make the real boss fights unique and very interesting.

Actually, they switch the gameplay up that much for some of them that figuring them out is almost like a game within the game. Genius.

AniHawk

Haunted said:
Yeah, the game makes you feel very powerful and in control once you have your personal guard all set up and you're just mowing through regular enemies and the optional sidequests (random and kingdom expanding), but the game always manages to make the real boss fights unique and very interesting.

Actually, they switch the gameplay up that much for some of them that figuring them out is almost like a game within the game. Genius.

Going up against TV Dinnah and at first I had no clue what I was supposed to do. Now he's about 1-2 finds away from a quick death. No one has died yet, but they're getting close.

The pinball fight was my favorite so far.

Luigison

the pinball fight was annoying to me, but that was because i got there with so little life. the beach/random king was AWESOME!

botticus

The inventory limit is turning into a bummer as I make my way through the Sunshine Plains. I suppose part of that can be attributed to continuing to meander through bushes and farmland.

Luigison said:
Earlier today I had several people marry, but none produced any children. I'd never had this happen before. Is there a max number of subjects you can have? Do I now have to let someone die to be able to get another child

Also, I sometimes get a message something like "rock-a-bye baby in the tree top", but don't see anything in the trees. Are there items hidden in trees that can't be seen?

Not sure about the children, but as for the second thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-a-bye_Baby

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Wow, the seventh king to fight is a major pain in the ass.
It gets to recover health? Are you shitting me?
:lol

zigg

Luigison said:

I'm pretty sure it's telling you that it's time to go home and go to bed :lol

Jangaroo said:
that one was so epic! i love the multi-tasking aspect of that fight, so many crazy stuffs happening at once

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Luigison said:

The population maxes out at 177, and that includes the various followers you pick up on the way as well as your own people. No more children after that point.

It sounds like murder is your only option (and I didn't think the game could get any darker). The only other possibility is if it maxes out at a lower number if you don't have all the houses - I never found that out. If so, build.

AniHawk

Well it seems I'm about 9-10 hours from endgame, going at my current pace. Just beat Omelet, and holy hell was all that leading up to it depressing as fuck. I think they wanted me to kill myself.

Artanisix

AniHawk said:
Well it seems I'm about 9-10 hours from endgame, going at my current pace. Just beat Omelet, and holy hell was all that leading up to it depressing as fuck. I think they wanted me to kill myself.

Oh my god. Seriously, that part was insanely sad. I wanted to go back and write down all the little parts, but the game doesn't let you go back into the maze! URGH! Does anyone have them?

Haunted

AniHawk said:
Oh man, don't remind me. ;_;

The cutesy art style and presentation really hides some mature subject matter in this game. Loved it.

Oxx

Jangaroo said:

This boss was the one that finally convinced me to drop the difficulty down a notch.

zigg

Avatar for whoever wants it. I made it for myself, but I have Fuzzy Puppy Marble everywhere. It's sort of my identity now, so...

23sud5i.jpg

steel knight and the doctor are superb against non boss uma's. but most bosses are immune to stun (doctor) and the steel knight was extremely ineffective against the final boss.

AniHawk said:

I was shocked as I went through it. There were some adultish scenes before that but it was all silly stuff. The T rating suddenly made sense. I honestly wasn't expecting something that deep given the art style and presentation.

GhaleonQ

I'm a little disappointed in Gamespy's review: http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/project-o-untitled/1010415p1.html

I imagine that it's your average PC gamer's view. "Don't like lack of autosave." "Want pointer controls." "Don't like video game-style boss fights." I'm glad that he explained what irked him and it's not like others haven't voiced some of the same complaints, but I can't separate his background from the review. Plus, he knocked it out of the Metacritic Wii Top 10. *sigh* COME ON, 1-UP!

Top Bottom