• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Little King's Story Thread of Tiny Conquistadors

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm not quite sure what you can do with a carefree child. The job help mentions climbing in trees. Any trees in particular?

batbeg

Tempy said:
I'm not quite sure what you can do with a carefree child. The job help mentions climbing in trees. Any trees in particular?

Have you started collecting art yet? Blue trees tend to have pictures in them, so you can send the kids up those once you've started collecting them.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
batbeg said:
Have you started collecting art yet? Blue trees tend to have pictures in them, so you can send the kids up those once you've started collecting them.

Ah, not yet. Something to look forward to!

eXistor

I wanted to defeat this one boss yesterday and quit (I had a long day). I ended up playing for 3 hours again. All these cool quests kept opening up and I ended up scouring the entire world again for stuff I might have missed.

This is definitely gonna be top 3 stuff this year.

gamingeek

How many carpenters and lumberjacks do you guys have? They are pricey and work really fast so I only have a couple of each and usually just take the one with me.

What does the beautification project do?

nli10

2nd Podium info -
Have 30+ villagers then buy it for 310,000. You can do some of the functions manually by talking to the third advisor (tutorial guy). If you are short on people see below!

Easy Marriage Guide
When you have built a church if you get the message when disbanding your team for the day that there are people in love then go to the podium and reform the team the following day. Then throw the whole team into the church. If you get the message that other citizens are in love at the end of the message chain then keep throwing the non married royal guard from the trip into the church. Out of the 9 people I had on the last trip 6 just got married - +3 Population!!
- no more name hunting and people searching :D

Most of you are ahead of me - it's only my Flu (non pig) that means I've been able to put in the 4 hours I have!!

Bah, hurry the eff up theHut! Seeing this on shelf yesterday doesn't make the wait better, paying half the price makes it bearable though.

eXistor

gamingeek said:
How many carpenters and lumberjacks do you guys have? They are pricey and work really fast so I only have a couple of each and usually just take the one with me.

What does the beautification project do?
I usually just bring 1 of each job alongside my Hardened/ Regular Grunts and a few Hunters (Cupid's bow is pretty handy). I have a few walking around town though, never hurts to have a few as backup. But don't go nuts, in the case of carpenters
you get better ones pretty soon and the ultimate one later in the game, but they're super-expensive

Oxx

I've just passed the 20 hour mark (probably much longer than that if you include all the restarts).

I've been making pretty steady progress since seeing off Duvroc and Shish.

nli10

Beat the first king and suddenly the game does open up, it's almost like they didn't want to overwhealm you before hand.

I'd snuck into a few of the areas as I had Lumberjacks early and it even had the clouds removed ready and quests for those areas. That's my kind of attention to detail - realising that people like to series break linear things and allowing for it.

The controls are still not as good as Pikmin, the camera is slow and frustrating, the first 4 hours are a bit tame, but the overall experience is a positive one. Very positive.

Oh and first king spoilers
I knew where he was and took a mostly archer team and a few grunts with some tech guys just in case. Had saved before coming out so decided to mostly case the joint and try a few options before restarting and doing it properly. I was down to 2 archers with no ammo and a grunt in a minute or so. I'd wiped out some of the side throwers and noticed that he didn't seem to kill my men in certain places. Then I discovered that the shooting stars, the reason the C button doesn't centre the camera like I want is because it's a weak attack move so you can't get trapped behind logs. So I zapped a few logs while my men died. I had a sudden question about whether this worked on bad guys so I proceeded to dodge and zap the onii's energy from half full to zero. Then I zapped the pot to free Princess Peach/Queen SoftFruit and go on to celebrate! Decided not to restart even though it had wiped out 13 of my finest villagers. Guessing that it wasn't the way the battle was supposed to go, but it was fun to do.

Spent the next hour doing the mop up quests I got sent as suggestions afterwards.

Volcynika

XSeed sent out an email about preordering this (in North America of course)

RESERVE YOUR COPY OF LITTLE KING'S STORY NOW!

Pre-Order Little King's Story at GameStop, EB Games, Game Crazy or Amazon.com and receive a free Onii squishable soft figurine while quantities last!!

Cute, cuddly and insanely homicidal, the Onii is the most numerous of the UMA (Unidentified Mysterious Animal) that infest the kingdoms in Little King's Story.

Onii_bonusLG.jpg

And gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJAbYDacSc4

(I know it's out in Europe, just posting what the email had!) :p

Vinci

Danish
Dash Kappei said:
I can't wait anymore, reading all the impressions and amazing reviews... it's.. too.. much.. AAAARGH!

You and me both, man. Screw the plush, just give me the damn game already.

Majora

I really hope IGN or someone gives this as big a push as they did Madworld when this comes out in the US because it deserves it. The game just gets better as it goes on, there's so much stuff to do and it's consistently funny, surreal and creative. The letters and cutscenes never fail to put a smile on my face.

Second best wii game behind SMG for me.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Pretty much my sentiments too. If it wasn't for Super Mario Galaxy, this would be a huge reason to buy a Wii.

It may look childish at times but it's strangely mature. Every boss fight is unique and working out the strategies is great once you pull it off.

legend166

Majora said:
I really hope IGN or someone gives this as big a push as they did Madworld when this comes out in the US because it deserves it. The game just gets better as it goes on, there's so much stuff to do and it's consistently funny, surreal and creative. The letters and cutscenes never fail to put a smile on my face.

Second best wii game behind SMG for me.

They won't, because it doesn't have omg violence and it's not 'mature'.

They shouldn't do it anyway, for any game. Seems entirely unprofessional and desperate.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
bastards. may your savefiles corrupt at the 40h mark.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well, congrats guys, you've made me import this. =|

Majora

legend166 said:
They won't, because it doesn't have omg violence and it's not 'mature'.

They shouldn't do it anyway, for any game. Seems entirely unprofessional and desperate.

It depends on what you mean by pushing it I suppose. I'm not fond of IGN's 'buy this if you want more hardcore games on the wii' thing, but a game like this isn't going to sell unless some websites hype it up and regardless of my personal opinion of them, IGN have a lot of clout. With this type of game I'm not sure even a great review from them is enough, it's the type of thing they should be mentioning in the podcasts and whatnot. Not 'everyone go out and buy this NOW' but just saying how good it is and how it's one of the best games on the system.

I'd rather see them trying to give it some attention then not and then we find out it sells next to nothing in the NPDs. It's frustrating because if this was a Nintendo developed game and it was getting all these great reviews I think there'd be a lot more awareness about it.

Oxx

Do certain outlets mark down Wii games that don't make any use of motion/pointer control (or Miis)?

Or was that just Gamespot's Fire Emblem review?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Holy jebus. So I thought I'd download the game last night after seeing all these positive comments by GAFFERs. I started the game at around 9 or 10pm last night and didn't manage to put the game down until 5am this morning @_@ This RARELY happens to me in terms of over-playing videogames ! I am very impressed though I do have one quick question.

What does the level with items/equipments do ? I kept researching into those and then it seems like they are now over-leveled compared to my advanturers !? How about the levels with all the class abilities ? Thanks for the help.

Haunted

angry.gif

The
mountain/beard
king just fucked me up royally (pun intended). I'll really have to change my team completely for this one.

NetMapel said:
Holy jebus. So I thought I'd download the game last night after seeing all these positive comments by GAFFERs. I started the game at around 9 or 10pm last night and didn't manage to put the game down until 5am this morning @_@ This RARELY happens to me in terms of over-playing videogames ! I am very impressed though I do have one quick question.

What does the level with items/equipments do ? I kept researching into those and then it seems like they are now over-leveled compared to my advanturers !? How about the levels with all the class abilities ? Thanks for the help.
Wrong game, you're tying to post in the "My Life as King" thread.

I'm a little stuck and need some help.
I just beat the 1st King and the world opened up, but when I try to do some of the suggestion missions most of them are located in the dark valley and sunflower plane but they're dead ends and I can't go anymore in that direction.
Also I just opened up the district where the mushroom place used to be and got my first Cook, but I have no clue what they do and Liam's not telling me anything.

Haunted

Eyemus Lutt said:
I'm a little stuck and need some help.
I just beat the 1st King and the world opened up, but when I try to do some of the suggestion missions most of them are located in the dark valley and sunflower plane but they're dead ends and I can't go anymore in that direction.
Also I just opened up the district where the mushroom place used to be and got my first Cook, but I have no clue what they do and Liam's not telling me anything.
Dark Valley is a dead end, but Sunflower plane isn't, you'll come to (straight translation ahead, watch out) 'Death heath' in the west. Keep checking the map while moving, it's very accurate, right down to the details of the path. I think there's a bridge you need to build in the very southwestern corner of the map.

In any case, this shouldn't prevent you from taking the side tasks - just keep checking the map and move torwards the pins, there's only a few locations where side-bosses spawn. Once you've got those down, the 1-3* side missions are a breeze to complete.

And cooks one-hit kill any chicken. That's the only thing they're any good for. I've got one with me at all times.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
NetMapel said:

:lol

I've mixed up these games too.

Haunted said:
Dark Valley is a dead end, but Sunflower plane isn't, you'll come to (straight translation ahead, watch out) 'Death heath' in the west. Keep checking the map while moving, it's very accurate, right down to the details of the path. I think there's a bridge you need to build in the very southwestern corner of the map.

In any case, this shouldn't prevent you from taking the side tasks - just keep checking the map and move torwards the pins, there's only a few locations where side-bosses spawn. Once you've got those down, the 1-3* side missions are a breeze to complete.

And cooks one-hit kill any chicken. That's the only thing they're any good for. I've got one with me at all times.

Apparently I had to do the sidequest of the knight next to the stonehenge things and then that district opened up for me. thanks .

kkg1701

Haunted said:

Oh, so that's why I had such easy time with chicken once I got a cook (I had no idea what they did either :D).

Once one gets miners there's plenty more to explore in the Dark Valley area though.

KK

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Oops, whoa I'm sorry guys. In my half-awake state while typing the message, I totally got this game and FF:CC's My Life As A King confused. Sorry guys !

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Any tips for dealing with King Shishkebaboo? I managed to defeat him, but at the cost of 10 men, and I'd like to reduce that number if possible. Btw, worst reward ever.

Oxx

Tempy said:
Any tips for dealing with King Shishkebaboo? I managed to defeat him, but at the cost of 10 men, and I'd like to reduce that number if possible. Btw, worst reward ever.

As someone who struggled mightily with that boss I might not be best placed to offer advice, but:

- do as many side-quests as possible to beef up your squad
- use your strongest people
- miners are useful to break his rock form
- the crucial thing I finally worked out during the attempt where I beat the boss: when the screen goes dark and flashy you can send your men straight up the board to break the rock that's guarding the target. I tried the boss dozens of times without knowing this.

The bottom line is that after a boss all of your losses do tend to wash up on the beach.

chooch81 said:
Guys has any one done King Omelot yet?

Do you have the answer to the last question?
That one was a real pain. I tried virtually all the options until I understood what had to be done.
The answer to the last question is the boss itself. Just whack the egg until he admits he is the correct answer.

On an unrelated note, I've got a question for the people that have conquered the bearded mountain-King's land.
Has anyone received the freed-princess' quest that gives you her book? I've gotten books from all the princesses except her. There is clearly one blacked out space in my inventory screen reserved for the book, so I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.
*e*
Nevermind. All it took was patience.

chooch81

Earthpainting said:
That one was a real pain. I tried virtually all the options until I understood what had to be done.
The answer to the last question is the boss itself. Just whack the egg until he admits he is correct answer.
Thanks for that. I had tried every possibility as well and it was confusing me to say the least.

I had tried hitting the egg but only once or twice and nothing happened. I assume I just keep bonking it with the 'c' button on the nunchuck?

Oxx

I take a couple of days away from the game and I come back and murder that turnip bastard first time.

eXistor

Almost done with the game (28 hours in) but the final boss is really difficult, I can't really tell what strategy to use at the final stretch of the battle, I'm not getting close to beating him so far.

Top Bottom