• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

Can't we just do the FA draft theoretically? We would be drafting from the list of cuts prepared by everyone else anyway, why does it matter if that is reflected in-game prior to the draft? You still know what your team consists of, it just won't be updated in the game until after rookie draft.

Rorschach said:
...that's fucking stupid on EA's part.

Madden 2015.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Can't we just do the FA draft theoretically? We would be drafting from the list of cuts prepared by everyone else anyway, why does it matter if that is reflected in-game prior to the draft? You still know what your team consists of, it just won't be updated in the game until after rookie draft.
...oh yeah. This is logical! It's the way we did it last time too...

BigAT said:
Can't we just do the FA draft theoretically? We would be drafting from the list cuts prepared by everyone else anyway, why does it matter if that is reflected in-game prior to the draft? You still know what your team consists of, it just won't be updated in the game until after rookie draft.

yeah i suppose that is true. it's just going to be a list of the players you will sign anyhow. false alarm!

anyhow, i've decided on the method we will use and it is method #3 with a bit of a twist. here are the details:

A) One of the cuts has to be above an 80. The final total has to equal 220 but it can go higher. One can choose to keep their cuts secret if they are trying to get a better player. If you choose to go higher, see part B) below.

B) The person who goes over 220 the most gets to pick first in the first round of the FA Draft. The person who gives up the second most gets to go second. And so on. Tie-breakers are resolved by names in a hat until all 32 teams are in an order. This will essentially account for value and will allow players that give up the most a chance to get back the most. One key point: A person can select any of the players they choose to let go. So, if you weight your FA total on the heavy side with a really high player, you can possibly shed some lesser talent, get that player back, and still have a decent shot at getting some talent back. The risk is someone else risks a little more and perhaps takes your best player. This creates a risk/reward situtation, it creates a pseudo-value system, and it creates drama and suspense. Essentially, it recreates the scenario of "I lost my best player to Free Agency!".

C) The remaining two rounds of the FA draft will go like this:
2nd Round: The College Draft Order. 1-32 or we just invert the FA order of round 1.
3rd Round: Invert the college draft. 32-1 or we revert back to round 1 of the FA order.

this is 100% credited to denogg who came up with the system and i feel it is fair. there is a bit of gambling involved in the system and that is always fun. i did lower the required total # for the OVR rating because i feel this gives a bit of flexibility on those who DONT want to participate fully (CB, etc).

this is the best compromise i've seen and this is what we're going to go with.

i've received a lot of PM's from parties but truthfully haven't looked at many of them. i'm going to PM rors my list of 3 cuts so people dont think i'm undercutting anyone.

IF YOU NEED TO MAKE MODIFICATIONS ON THE PICKS YOU HAVE SENT TO ME ALREADY PLEASE RE-SEND THEM.

again, this sunday works perfectly after the late games because there is no sunday night football (due to the world series). so, the FA draft should be going down this sunday at 5:30 pst. the only way this wont happen is if there is not a list of FA cuts from everyone.

TheCrow

So... college draft next week?

CB3 said:
i dont get it.

(im not trying to be an ass i really dont get it)

If I am reading and inferring it right. You have to at least cut 1 player rated over 77 and have the 3 players total equal 220. Those who go over 220 get to pick higher depending on how much higher they go.

Rorschach

CB3 said:
i dont get it.

You have to give up FAs that add up to 230 points, but you can go higher than that. The higher the amount of points, the better position you have in the draft. So if you put up 300 points and that's the most in the league, you get to pick first. This means you might be able to pick up the highest guy you dropped if you so choose.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
You have to give up FAs that add up to 230 points, but you can go higher than that. The higher the amount of points, the better position you have in the draft. So if you put up 300 points and that's the most in the league, you get to pick first. This means you might be able to pick up the highest guy you dropped if you so choose.

Is it 230 or 220? It's in there as both, in different locations.

CB3 said:
i dont get it.

1. you're going to cut 3 players. 1 of those players has to be rated 80 or over.
2. those 3 players MUST combine to have 220 points.
3. the person with the highest rated contribution to FA gets the first pick. so for instance, if i cut a 90 rated player, and 2 75 rated players, that is a total of 240 points. even though i'm only required to reach 220 points total, i have exceeded that. if no one else has given up more than 240 total points for their free agents, i would pick first in the draft, and so on.

does that make sense?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. you're going to cut 3 players. 1 of those players has to be rated 80 or over.
2. those 3 players MUST combine to have 220 points.
3. the person with the highest rated contribution to FA gets the first pick. so for instance, if i cut a 90 rated player, and 2 75 rated players, that is a total of 240 points. even though i'm only required to reach 220 points total, i have exceeded that. if no one else has given up more than 240 total points for their free agents, i would pick first in the draft, and so on.

does that make sense?
I like this plan. ;)

Are we snaking the 1st round FA order or using the college draft order for the second and third rounds? Makes more sense to me to snake the FA order.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Wonder what I could get for Moss.

well_hello_there_hat-p148505175225701779tdto_210.jpg

Somnia

My cuts are in. FMT I sent you a request in the PM also if you could please look over it.

Since I don't care if people know early my cuts are...

Nick Folk (K) 80+
Gerald Sensabaugh (SS) 70+
Mike Mickens (CB) 70+

See you guys when I get back...hope EA doesn't fuck me over on the rookie draft :lol

eh, i didn't say the college draft was taking place this sunday. we have to do the FA draft first. i suppose its possible we could get both done, but that would be a long session!

Lonestar

I too sent you a PM FMT, to look over.

Why can't we get the FA done over the course of the week. It isn't as time stringent as the college draft will be, where it's locked into the game. The FA has to be done here anyway. As soon as we all throw in our 3 choices, and go with the order given over the week, we can get it done. If we just wait to do a sit down, which odds are some people would still miss, on Sunday, we'd probably have to wait ANOTHER week just to get to the College Draft.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol motherfucker the league has been advanced for less than 24 hours!

what do you guys think about doing the FA draft AND the rookie draft this sunday?

Sorry if I'm not feeling confident in this offseason when we have no schedule for anything!

You gotta treat the offseaosn like the regular season. I want structure!

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol motherfucker the league has been advanced for less than 24 hours!

what do you guys think about doing the FA draft AND the rookie draft this sunday?
I should be able to make it if it's after the early games. I'm out of the house on Sunday mornings.

Lonestar

TheCrow said:
Lets do it all sunday. I'll just take like 20 adderall, so I don't lose focus. We also need some live webcam chats.:lol

Nah, I'd rather not see BigJonsson writing in his draft picks on his....

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Lets do it all sunday. I'll just take like 20 adderall, so I don't lose focus. We also need some live webcam chats.:lol
There's a live voice chat via the console draft and live text chat via console and website.

LiveWire

TheCrow said:
Lets do it all sunday. I'll just take like 20 adderall, so I don't lose focus.

:lol

I too vote for Sunday, though we should start after a certain point (perhaps as the last NFL games of the day are winding down around 6-7PM Eastern?) Or, we could just do the FA draft in this thread throughout the rest of the week assuming everyone gets their 3 cuts into FMT by tomorrow night?

ok, here's the schedule we're going to go with after talking with people:

1. free agent drop deadline is this thursday. please get your players into me by thursday, 8 pm pst.
2. i will begin doing the FA stuff at that time. that will give us friday and saturday to complete the FA draft. at this point, it wont be a "live" draft. i would post the list of players, the draft order, and we would just start. simply post in the thread, via pre-rankings, or via AIM and we would go until the 3 rounds are done. we could get that done before sunday.
3. sunday @ 6 pm pst we would start the rookie draft.

what do you guys think?

FrenchMovieTheme said:

1. free agent drop deadline is this thursday. please get your players into me by thursday, 8 pm pst.
2. i will begin doing the FA stuff at that time. that will give us friday and saturday to complete the FA draft. at this point, it wont be a "live" draft. i would post the list of players, the draft order, and we would just start. simply post in the thread, via pre-rankings, or via AIM and we would go until the 3 rounds are done. we could get that done before sunday.

what do you guys think?

Excellent

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
Nah, I'd rather not see BigJonsson writing in his draft picks on his....

:(

so, no shoe on head. But think of all the possible great screen caps as blockbuster trades happen live. Voice chat alone is going to be slightly creepy. Many creepy random voices all at the same time. "shudder"

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:

what do you guys think?
Perfect!

DCX

FrenchMovieTheme said:

what do you guys think?

good deal, I'll be resending my cut list in a second.

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:

what do you guys think?

Sounds good to me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

what do you guys think?
Whoops nvm.

Why not start it earlier? 4 PST?

LiveWire

RUMOR: Giants and Redskins in trade talks

OCTOBER 27, 2009 -- ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported via his Twitter Page that the New York Giants have approached the Washington Redskins late Tuesday night with a trade offer for one or more Redskins players. It was reported earlier in the Madden GAF League offseason that the Redskins would be active in free agency yet again as most would expect, but news of a trade between two division rivals has some league insiders claiming that Schefter's report is unsubstantiated.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
RUMOR: Giants and Redskins in trade talks

OCTOBER 27, 2009 -- ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported via his Twitter Page that the New York Giants have approached the Washington Redskins late Tuesday night with a trade offer for one or more Redskins players. It was reported earlier in the Madden GAF League offseason that the Redskins would be active in free agency yet again as most would expect, but news of a trade between two division rivals has some league insiders claiming that Schefter's report is unsubstantiated.
W
T
F
!

DCX

bluemax

Banned
DCX said:
No, but here's my issue. He had games where he avg less than 2-3 a carry. I didn't break alot of runs more than 20 yds. His longest was 68 i think, but it was literally 5 a carry, no fear to break one :(

DCX

I'd kill someone for that kind of production.

Striker

Wellie, WTF are you doing? x_O

By the way, any chance you would give up Terrell Thomas or Kevin Dockery for a pick? I know Ross and Webster are your starters, but just wondering if you were interested in a draft choice for one of them. Remember you're Jerry Reese, and you're a king at drafting! Except for Gerris Wilkinson.

Originally Posted by FrenchMovieTheme:

what do you guys think?
Hmm. Times are okay, but I do have to work in late shifts on Friday and Saturday. As long as the aforementioned players get logged and I know who they are, I'll set up positions and rankings to you in a PM.

The NFL Draft I should be able to make... I get out of work that time at 9 PM EST and home is only minutes away. How much time do people get between picks? :\

Finally, FMT, if you received my PM about my cuts -- they will remain the same.

bluemax said:
I'd kill someone for that kind of production.
No shit.

Play with Jamal Lewis and guys in the real low 70's or 60's, then I'll hear these complaints!

Lonestar

Since the FA Draft can't be done until sometime after the college, it's not like we HAVE to complete the FA Draft before the College Draft. Sure, we need to probably get past Round 1, perhaps 2, but I don't see how not knowing which sublevel player you can get in FA can effect what you chose in College Draft.

GCQuinton

The Carolina Panthers and San Francisco 49ers agreed to a trade about an hour ago:

Carolina gets:

Nate Davis (QB)

San Francisco gets:

Nick Hayden (DT)

Coach GCQ:

"It may not jump out at anybody right now, but this was a solid trade for both teams as we each gain promising young players with potential at spots where we needed them. Anything could still happen in the offseason, but I fully expect Nate Davis to compete for the starting QB job here in Carolina".

Top Bottom