• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the league will be advancing tomorrow night (bob and sable are the latest game ive been told of, 10 pm).

me and ramirez tried playing but our game froze or something. not sure when we're trying again

in fact i should tell you all what happened as it froze. he fumbled with parker and the ball came lose and everybody came running towards it, a few people dived at it but no one ever scooped up the ball, everybody just dove around it, so you had a circle of two teams hovering around the ball but no one grabbing it so i guess the game froze :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:
Skillz,

If you have AIM, send me a message when you are ready. AIM: Magnoggin

Sorry. I ended up going to the Rockets game last night. Can you get the game in today?

dskillzhtown

DenogginizerOS said:
Skillz and I were supposed to play tonight. I have unbreakable plans for tomorrow night. I could possibly play first thing in the morning but I will be heading out around 10AM EST.

I can play right now.

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
I really wish we could spectate. :(

You would be seeing a RB pass route performance for the ages.

Is there no rule against passing to RB all game or not? I have tried not to use it as I feel the game is glitched to give an unfair advantage. An advantage that EA is even addressing in the next patch. But when I see numbers like this -

Sanchez - 21/31
Clemens - 1/1

FB A. Hall, 4 Receptions
HB L Washingtion 4 Receptions
TE D. Keller 4 Receptions
HB T. Jones 3 Receptions
HB S. Greene 2 Reception
FB J Caulcrick 1 Reception

18 out of 22 receptions going to TEs or RB??? Really? The Lions secondary is that hellafied that you really had to throw to the backs THAT many times?

I feel like every fucking exploit should be able to be used as much as you want. If some shit like that is okay, then why not manually blitz with a Safety? Why not manually catch the ball with a WR? If the league sees no problem with this then I will adjust my strategy to take advantage of every exploit I can from here on out.

DCX said:
Hey rams owner. when the league advances will you be able to play?

DCX

If it advances before 12:30 am EST, I should be around. I have you on AIM so we'll just check with each other that way. I'm not going to hand you the game just because it's my Falcons.....
I'll hand you the game in the 4th quarter because it's just what I do

dskillzhtown said:

Is there no rule against passing to RB all game or not? I have tried not to use it as I feel the game is glitched to give an unfair advantage. An advantage that EA is even addressing in the next patch. But when I see numbers like this -

Sanchez - 21/31
Clemens - 1/1

FB A. Hall, 4 Receptions
HB T. Jones 3 Receptions
HB S. Greene 2 Reception

18 out of 22 receptions going to TEs or RB??? Really? The Lions secondary is that hellafied that you really had to throw to the backs THAT many times?

I feel like every fucking exploit should be able to be used as much as you want. If some shit like that is okay, then why not manually blitz with a Safety? Why not manually catch the ball with a WR? If the league sees no problem with this then I will adjust my strategy to take advantage of every exploit I can from here on out.

At least the patch is coming in the next week or so, I hate it when I give up first downs just because my guys ignore the rb or te all by himself in the flats on 3rd down.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
dskillzhtown said:

Sanchez - 21/31
Clemens - 1/1

FB A. Hall, 4 Receptions
HB T. Jones 3 Receptions
HB S. Greene 2 Reception

First of all, I was not exploiting. Second, I ran the ball a lot as well. Third, I made throws to my WR but your presseure on D combined with press coverage at times took away my ability to throw the deep ball. Sanchez got hurt twice in that game by me trying to throw the deep ball. I adjusted to what your D gave me. If you have a problem with me throwing to the flats, then the next time we play, cover them.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:

Sanchez - 21/31
Clemens - 1/1

FB A. Hall, 4 Receptions
HB T. Jones 3 Receptions
HB S. Greene 2 Reception

Were the passes in the flats or closer to the middle of the field? What type of defense were you playing against these catches?

I've only ever had one person be a problem with their RB and it was consistently in the flats before any of my other defenders could get there and before my CB could disengage the WR in a cover 2 (It wasn't Daw!).

dskillzhtown

DenogginizerOS said:
First of all, I was not exploiting. Second, I ran the ball a lot as well. Third, I made throws to my WR but your presseure on D combined with press coverage at times took away my ability to throw the deep ball. Sanchez got hurt twice in that game by me trying to throw the deep ball. I adjusted to what your D gave me. If you have a problem with me throwing to the flats, then the next time we play, cover them.

So when things get rough use the exploit. It is an exploit and you used it over and over again. EA is addressint the problem in a patch. FMT has said we shouldn't abuse passes to the flats period because of the problem. But you know what? fuck it. I might as well be playing randoms online.

I have taken my fair share and everyone else's share of ass whoppings in the league and I rarely say shit. But that was ridiculous. But fuck it, you got the win.

DenogginizerOS

dskillzhtown said:
So when things get rough use the exploit. It is an exploit and you used it over and over again. EA is addressint the problem in a patch. FMT has said we shouldn't abuse passes to the flats period because of the problem. But you know what? fuck it. I might as well be playing randoms online.
I was not exploiting. Your offense scored 7 points. Why not start there?

dskillzhtown

DenogginizerOS said:
I was not exploiting. Your offense scored 7 points. Why not start there?

18 of 22 is not exploting, okay.

I guess if I passed to my backs and TEs all day I would have had scored more I am sure. But congrats, you got the win. I am done with it. Looking forward to my next opponent.

DenogginizerOS

dskillzhtown said:
18 of 22 is not exploting, okay.

I guess if I passed to my backs and TEs all day I would have had scored more I am sure. But congrats, you got the win. I am done with it. Looking forward to my next opponent.
I did not cheat, nor did I exploit. A lot of the passes to the backs were checkdowns. I do not have Calvin Johnson or others to play with. Sanchez still gets burned. I played the D you gave me. I never once thought, "Hey, I am going to exploit this guy to death on a Saturday morning."

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Without video evidence from either of you it's hard to say who's side of the story is more accurate.

From what I understand the exact exploit is that the LBs get hung up on the line (be it through an unintentional pick or slow reaction) and that leaves the RBs wide open in man to man situations in the flats.

I've played both of you quite a bit in the past so I don't want to jump to conclusions!

daw840

Wellington said:
Were the passes in the flats or closer to the middle of the field? What type of defense were you playing against these catches?

I've only ever had one person be a problem with their RB and it was consistently in the flats before any of my other defenders could get there and before my CB could disengage the WR in a cover 2 (It wasn't Daw!).

:D

TJ when will you be here today? I'm gonna be gone past 3 ET and I may be back around 6:30 ET. That's a big maybe though.

I don't want a bye week in week 3 too soon :(

AirBrian

GG, Lone! What a sloppy game on my part. Missed tackles, bad throws, bad special teams. All around horrible game. Nice D though -- I couldn't get much going on offense until later in the game, but it was too late by then.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AirBrian said:
GG, Lone! What a sloppy game on my part. Missed tackles, bad throws, bad special teams. All around horrible game. Nice D though -- I couldn't get much going on offense until later in the game, but it was too late by then.

You would have gotten more going on Offense, if I didn't have the knack of having the ball 2/3rds of the 1st half. Of course, throwing 2 long, stupid pick 6's to you, caused your offense to never hit the field :lol

The game gave me good and bad feelings about the team, noticeably defense. I can stop the run...I'll leave it at that.

Still testing on the Tebow. At least he didn't throw any picks.

Bellows had 351 yards in the game, so he continues to be worth that trade.

I will now go off to give myself an ulcer, worrying about this Alabama/LSU game coming up...

Fifty

Rors, I said I wouldn't be around till monday, but I can play tonight after it advances (still not on sunday tho)

there is no specific rule on flats passing except do not abuse it. the problem with saying that is defining abuse. for instance, if someone is bringing 6 or 7 guys every down, wtf am i supposed to do? what would a real nfl team do? there was a play i had against rors where i probably brought 7 guys, and he immediately threw to mcfadden in the flats. well, that's what i get.

but there have been other times where it was snap, throw to the flats and big gainer (none in league play surprisingly!).

so all i can say is that if your opponent is continually "bringing the house", well then you have to go with your check downs. but if not, just pick and choose your spots to use it. there is no way you're continually getting pressured with a 3 or 4 man line, not in this game.

the patch will be out shortly to deal with that so hopefully its a moot point, but in the meantime please do what you can to refrain from continued use of flats passes to the hb

ok so I don't know where ramirez went. I have to leave in a bit and if I do come back it'll be at like 6:30 or a bit later than that. and then I might be leaving again an hour or so after that

Hey Crow, I'll be home between midnight and 1am EST if the league advances and you want to get in week 3 tonight......

Or I can play most of the day Sunday or Monday

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck, I play Smokey and his magical Chargers this week.

:( Back to below .500 here I come

Smokey

Matrix said:
Fuck, I play Smokey and his magical Chargers this week.

:( Back to below .500 here I come

Magical?!

Well, I will be angry. I lost against LJ who had a pretty good gameplan, but I was also trying out a new playbook that I had been practicing with for a few days. Practice =/= actual game.

So needless to say I will be going back to my book and what I know.

Smokey said:
Magical?!

Well, I will be angry. I lost against LJ who had a pretty good gameplan, but I was also trying out a new playbook that I had been practicing with for a few days. Practice =/= actual game.

we play this year too. better get ready for english class!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we play this year too. better get ready for english class!

we do? oh so lovely

damn..i get to tax that ass in not one league game but two (2k10 and Madden). you dont have barrera this season frenchy...you are nothing w/o barrera!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
Magical?!

Everything is magical against the Chiefs.

My only small ray of hope is the fact we have never played against each other.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
LJ <3333333

Someone needs to photoshop a 9ers uni on him cause he was clearly playing for your team.

well i'd rather not make everyone wait because the last person i want to be like is Bob. i don't know what the deal with ramirez is this week though. maybe he's busy, but i pm-ed him i think on wednesday but never got a response, and the only time we did try playing is when he caught me on live. he left yesterday after we disconnected and said we'd play today but didn't even give me a time window.

Rorschach

The flats shit is stoppable if you cover it manually or assign guys to it all day. I managed to slow down a certain player's constant HB passing in scrims. It is a huge chore, but it is possible. I actually prefer when a player's one and only read is HB. It's easier to control that player.

it's not that flats are unstoppable, but you almost have to compromise your entire D to stop it.

hopefully the patch it out asap, but i dont think there has been an epidemic in the league. just a few isolated instances

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it's not that flats are unstoppable, but you almost have to compromise your entire D to stop it.

hopefully the patch it out asap
, but i dont think there has been an epidemic in the league. just a few isolated instances
Don't get your hopes up!

Top Bottom