• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington said:
Next time you are up here let me know ahead of time and we'll get wasted or something. I'd have offered yesterday but I had someone coming over to my house.

34nh7jc.jpg

:lol :lol :lol YES!

I also went to Gameworld's today and got MW2 thank you very much :D

Ramirez said:
Ah, that sucks Pheenix, I can't replay now, we'll have to try tomorrow I think. :(

God that was a bad moment, I feel like we had a really tight game going too even after you thugged out Kelly James! :lol

When can you roll?

LiveWire

gg Wellington. We know each other's gameplan too well. :lol Run defense? Who needs run defense?

The killer was definitely the pass deflections over the middle. I counted at least 6 passes where Cooley had split the safeties and was wide open but a miracle 60" vertical from any Giants defender in the middle of the field like 10 yards back from the line of scrimmage tipped the ball.

I should've taken the 3 earlier in that final drive to make it 24-31, and then tried the onside, but oh well. Momentum got away too early in the 3rd.

Sweet TD of the game for the Skins, 80-yard TD to Devin Thomas (great block by Santana):

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13094858

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just got done with Livewire and a couple of points:

1) I don't know what happened but at different stages of the game both of our run D's just gave up. I had Portis locked down through 1.5 quarters with maybe 10 yards and all of a sudden he explodes. Jacobs was an absolute monster. Is it just me or are RBs controlling slightly differently for anyone? I notice yesterday that Jacobs is accelerating more slowly than ever, and this is after the patch.

2) I know LW's MO at this point. He likes to force turnovers. I sat Bradshaw in favor of Andre Brown who has a 96 carry rating. Headed into the endzone on my first drive of the game he fumbles on the 1 yard line. Fucking horrific. He does some things better than Bradshaw, so expect a three headed monster.

3) So far my experiment with my rookie center Brandon Atkinson has been a tremendous success. I thought he would be the #1 center in the draft and so far he is playing like an all pro. Blowing DTs way off the LOS. There were a few times where he beat up on Haynesworth (whenever Live wasn't controlling him). Couple this with Will Beatty as my RT, and I am extremely impressed with how my OL is playing. Just goes to show that that OVR does not tell the whole story. Amazingly the one that is constantly beaten is my 96 OVR RG :lol. For the most part though, between my new C and RG, they are a fucking roadgrading duo.

4) I am approaching each matchup as individual battles between my WRs and the opposing CBs, re-arranging the depth chart as I see it. So far it has been working but I have not had a need to pass much yet this year.

5) I was confused why REs never put up near the numbers that LEs put up. Someone mentioned that LTs are generally better than RTs, I said hogwash... so far I am totally wrong on this one. I've been controlling Kiwi in order to try and get him sacks so that he can improve this season through progression, but I keep getting stonewalled. Also, I owe Rors an apology, he was right about the fact that I felt like facing all OL was the same was due to how good Tuck and Osi are.

That said, 2-0, BJac making a name for himself against what was one of the toughest run D's last season. My goal is to prove that I don't need a speed back to make shit happen.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:

1) I don't know what happened but at different stages of the game both of our run D's just gave up. I had Portis locked down through 1.5 quarters with maybe 10 yards and all of a sudden he explodes. Jacobs was an absolute monster. Is it just me or are RBs controlling slightly differently for anyone? I notice yesterday that Jacobs is accelerating more slowly than ever, and this is after the patch.

Nope not just you....ever since the patch I get no speed from LJ, but then all the sudden he will turn it on. As quickly as he turns it on though he goes back to being really slow and not hitting the holes hard like he was before.

Something feels different :\

Also don't get be started on the fumbles.

listening to you guys talk about the game scares the shit out of me. i am not looking forward to the day i have to play the nfc east :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Nope not just you....ever since the patch I get no speed from LJ, but then all the sudden he will turn it on. As quickly as he turns it on though he goes back to being really slow and not hitting the holes hard like he was before.

Something feels different :\

Also don't get be started on the fumbles.
Yes exactly! I don't know what the deal is. I fair a little better with my other backs but it's kinda shitty that my boy gets slowed down like that.

ph33niks: Glad I could help. I hope us Bronx natives did not scare you. :D

Wellington said:
Yes exactly! I don't know what the deal is. I fair a little better with my other backs but it's kinda shitty that my boy gets slowed down like that.

ph33niks: Glad I could help. I hope us Bronx natives did not scare you. :D

lol nah being around there really made me hungry for some reason. maybe its cause i was feeling a bit cold today!

LJ11

It's that fatigue bullshit that mucked everything up. I've been caught from behind on numerous occasions after breaking away from the pack with my RB. The offensive ball carrier starts to slow down and the defender magically catches up.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
That said, 2-0, BJac making a name for himself against what was one of the toughest run D's last season. My goal is to prove that I don't need a speed back to make shit happen.

So instead you just need the downhill running of EA's Pro-Tak system? :lol

I kid because I love, we all know you'll torch me when we play this year

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
So instead you just need the downhill running of EA's Pro-Tak system? :lol

I kid because I love, we all know you'll torch me when we play this year
Not really, but you shouldn't talk about abusing parts of the game.

LiveWire said:
gg Wellington. We know each other's gameplan too well. :lol Run defense? Who needs run defense?

The killer was definitely the pass deflections over the middle. I counted at least 6 passes where Cooley had split the safeties and was wide open but a miracle 60" vertical from any Giants defender in the middle of the field like 10 yards back from the line of scrimmage tipped the ball.

I should've taken the 3 earlier in that final drive to make it 24-31, and then tried the onside, but oh well. Momentum got away too early in the 3rd.

Sweet TD of the game for the Skins, 80-yard TD to Devin Thomas (great block by Santana):

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13094858

english 1, morrow 0

LJ11

Good game Astro.

My bad on that play where you threw the int late, I rushed with my LB but it wasn't what I intended. I chose my play, a blitz, and then my controller lost synch (batteries needed a charge) and I had no control over the play. Was quickly fumbling around for my play and charge kit. It's the reason I took the long sack and then punted, wanted to throw an int but there was no one to throw one to.

Do you use the Arizona book?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh heh no worries thought you just wanted to give me a chance to get the tying FG! Fun game. Yeah, I use the AZ book.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

2) I know LW's MO at this point. He likes to force turnovers.

So far it has been working but I have not had a need to pass much yet this year.

I was hoping for more turnovers of the INT variety than forced fumbles. Even though I think I've had a forced fumble in every single league game I've played, I gotta stop giving up run yardage trying to get multiple attempts at stripping the ballcarrier. I forgot to check, how many times did Eli pass? I couldn't have been more than 15. And of course, McIntosh and Landry dropping picks right out of their hands didn't help. After I got the Brown fumble on my own 1yd-line when it was scoreless in the 2nd quarter, I should have been satisfied and focused more on stopping Jacobs....BUT....

Wellington said:

My run D has gotten worse though without Carter and Daniels. It wasn't that tough last season, actually. My pass D was tough. Run D was top half of the league (maybe top 12?). I had no choice, Daniels was going to retire, and giving up Carter I knew it would give up the outside runs, but I'm hoping the two DEs I drafted will progress well in the next offseason. I think Hines (my 2nd round LE pick) did a little better job, but Mayweather (my 4th round RE) got abused by your LT and occasionally Hedgecock.

I mean, you could see the difference too on your end. As soon as Tuck went down, I ran 4 or 5 times in a row on his backup, and it led to a quick TD. I doubt our run defenses will give up that much yardage the rest of the season, except perhaps for the Vikings (but that will probably be pass yardage, if you know what I mean ;)

Fifty

It's OK to give away small aspects of someone's game, but for Wellington to reveal that Livewire likes to force turnovers is completely unprofessional. Personally, I hate to force turnovers. Every time one comes my way, I die a little inside.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I was hoping for more turnovers of the INT variety than forced fumbles. Even though I think I've had a forced fumble in every single league game I've played, I gotta stop giving up run yardage trying to get multiple attempts at stripping the ballcarrier. I forgot to check, how many times did Eli pass? I couldn't have been more than 15. And of course, McIntosh and Landry dropping picks right out of their hands didn't help. After I got the Brown fumble on my own 1yd-line when it was scoreless in the 2nd quarter, I should have been satisfied and focused more on stopping Jacobs....BUT....

My run D has gotten worse though without Carter and Daniels. It wasn't that tough last season, actually. My pass D was tough. Run D was top half of the league (maybe top 12?). I had no choice, Daniels was going to retire, and giving up Carter I knew it would give up the outside runs, but I'm hoping the two DEs I drafted will progress well in the next offseason. I think Hines (my 2nd round LE pick) did a little better job, but Mayweather (my 4th round RE) got abused by your LT and occasionally Hedgecock.

I mean, you could see the difference too on your end. As soon as Tuck went down, I ran 4 or 5 times in a row on his backup, and it led to a quick TD. I doubt our run defenses will give up that much yardage the rest of the season, except perhaps for the Vikings (but that will probably be pass yardage, if you know what I mean ;)
Wouldn't it be nice to have our rookies progress mid-season!? :(

Server is down but I think I passed 14 times. :lol

I am determined to not turn the ball over that much this year. I am making better decisions in the passing game this year and I am seeing the field a little better than I did before. The two potential ints were a drop by McIntosh and an almost user pick by you with Hall, not Landry.

Birdman02

Fifty said:
It's OK to give away small aspects of someone's game, but for Wellington to reveal that Livewire likes to force turnovers is completely unprofessional. Personally, I hate to force turnovers. Every time one comes my way, I die a little inside.

I feel the same way. In fact, I take it a step further. Whenever my defense gets a turnover, I try to give the ball right back to my opponent with a turnover of my own. :(

Somnia

Wellington said:
Oh I forgot to mention.... MW2 is fucking siiiiiick!

I wont be playing it till Tuesday night =(

Monday = 9am-2am and then Tuesday = 10am - 9pm...taking Weds/Thurs off though.

im buying MW2 but im not that excited. i don't even know why i buy non-sports games anymore. everytime i do i play it for a day or so and then it just sits on my shelf :/

only sports games give me what i need!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah the next couple days are gonna be killers. Ill grab it after work Tuesday and be off wednesday and maybe thursday. I look forward to dominating in Call of Duty once again

Somnia

CB3 said:
Yeah the next couple days are gonna be killers. Ill grab it after work Tuesday and be off wednesday and maybe thursday. I look forward to dominating in Call of Duty once again

We will have to play CB...and Wellie. Should make for some fun chat while playing with a Eagles, Cowboys and Giants fan playing together...you gonna join in Live?!?!?! :D

bluemax

Banned
GG Story, Burton lit me up but Tatupu came up big with the INTs. A little bummed about the Housh fumble but I managed to hold on! Our games are always close, definitely a nice inter division rivalry.

Fifty I think you'll find LeRon James stats a lot more to your liking this week.

Also fuck I forgot to save Lofa Tatupu's one handed jump pick. That was DPOTW material right there.

Edit: Also Livewire Jason Campbell watch: 6/7 26 yards!

bluemax said:
GG Story, Burton lit me up but Tatupu came up big with the INTs. A little bummed about the Housh fumble but I managed to hold on! Our games are always close, definitely a nice inter division rivalry.

Fifty I think you'll find LeRon James stats a lot more to your liking this week.

Also fuck I forgot to save Lofa Tatupu's one handed jump pick. That was DPOTW material right there.

Yea, Tatupu was catching every god damn thing. Bastard! That and Bulger likes to throw it where he wants on random occasions hurt me too. This guy's wide fucking open so let me throw it 10 feet in front of him. Oh well, another close loss for me.

I forgot to check who I'm going to make sweat but ultimately hand them the win next week....:lol

:(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the league will be advancing tomorrow night (bob and sable are the latest game ive been told of, 10 pm).
Skillz and I were supposed to play tonight. I have unbreakable plans for tomorrow night. I could possibly play first thing in the morning but I will be heading out around 10AM EST.

LiveWire

Somnia said:
We will have to play CB...and Wellie. Should make for some fun chat while playing with a Eagles, Cowboys and Giants fan playing together...you gonna join in Live?!?!?! :D

Oh yea, I'm there. Won't have it until Tuesday, but I will try to clear it on Veteran (because I'm a masochist) by the end of the week so I can focus solely on MP.

Oh and bluemax, that sounds like a lot of checkdown passes with Campbell. :p

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
Oh yea, I'm there. Won't have it until Tuesday, but I will try to clear it on Veteran (because I'm a masochist) by the end of the week so I can focus solely on MP.

Oh and bluemax, that sounds like a lot of checkdown passes with Campbell. :p

Nah they weren't check downs just short throws for completions and first downs. I didn't get as much YAC as I like.

Top Bottom