• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

ph33nix said:
why i believe we are

lonestar when can you play me and my ronnie brown-less dolphins?
kelly james i believe in you

I just saw Varebitch get shitted on by Dwade last night

:lol :lol :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is Airbrian back from wherever he was or whatever he was doing? His last opponent had to play the computer right?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ph33nix said:
why i believe we are

lonestar when can you play me and my ronnie brown-less dolphins?
kelly james i believe in you

Pretty much whenever. I know Alabama will be on sometime tomorrow afternoon, so I won't be on then. Tonight, or early or late tomorrow.

DCX

DCX
Striker, if you are up for it i can play right after your game with Denog...i guess it may depend on the win or loss :p

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
Is Airbrian back from wherever he was or whatever he was doing? His last opponent had to play the computer right?

Don't worry, I'll play you if he doesn't come back in time. No need for the cpu.

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Birdman, can you do tomorrow during the day? I'm ready to go 0-2 against you for the year and drop to 1-3 lifetime against you.

I should be around most of the day tomorrow...other than during the TCU game. What time works for you?

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
I should be around most of the day tomorrow...other than during the TCU game. What time works for you?

Whenever dude, I'll be on IM once I'm awake we can just coordinate there. I've gotta grab a friend from the airport around 4 pacific and then I'll be out for the rest of the day. So anytime before then will work!

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
Striker,

I am home now. Slight change of plans. If you are around, we can play.
YES!!! Do it! go go go! Again Striker let me know if you can run tonight also for out game.

DCX

Rorschach

Anyone up for a scrim? I haven't played a human in so long and the only time I played Madden was as the Saints. :(

I want to try my new playbook too!

[edit] I guess not. I'll go in rusty!

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg lj. i had some good goal line stands that won me the game

Yeah, you did. My playcalling was atrocious at times, I kept gravitating towards the pass for some reason. That formation is tough to defend, hard to know if it's backside or front. Good game.

I'll be on a bit later Rors if you want a game.

Striker

gg Denog.

Al I got to say is, FUCK EA and their "five second run off" bullshit. Down 24-21 at my own six, I drive down the field due to a miraculous catch by Josh Cribbs, only to be shat down upon by my guy being tackled with six seconds left and I'm still unable to call TO. Fucking EA can lick a dick.

Striker said:
gg Denog.

Al I got to say is, FUCK EA and their "five second run off" bullshit. Down 24-21 at my own six, I drive down the field due to a miraculous catch by Josh Cribbs, only to be shat down upon by my guy being tackled with six seconds left and I'm still unable to call TO. Fucking EA can lick a dick.

i know it does no good now, but if seconds are ticking and the TO isn't registering then pause the game and c all the timeout from there!

i'm advancing now. you around astro?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LiveWire said:
Ah nm, I forgot that Denog and Striker still need to play. Unless you're around after midnight EST tonight, why don't we shoot for tomorrow morning?

I am fine with tomorrow. No rush. We do need to respect the deadline.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i know it does no good now, but if seconds are ticking and the TO isn't registering then pause the game and c all the timeout from there!

i'm advancing now. you around astro?
I was mashing buttons. I was already pissed at the players' progression in the routes/run motion from earlier.

For example, Rucker runs a slant to the right, and as the pass is coming, slows completely down, catches, and slides out of bounds. If the motion didn't make him slow down so much, it's an easy TD because nobody is in front of him.

Second is on my KR with 1:19 left. The AI Robinson fields it, but no, he doesn't! Ball hits the grass, he scoops it up, and his motion moves him out of bounds at the six yard line. Really?

Third is a 2nd & 10 to Cribbs, who breaks a tackle, and keeps running backwards in motion. I have to completely turn him around, dodge a defender, hurdle another, until I am finally tackled 20 yards later on YAC.

Denog played a great, fun game, but things like that just frustrate the hell out of me. :mad:

DCX,

I'll play, but give me some time.

DCX

DCX
Striker can you play? I'm sure it would be a bad idea on my part due to your anger :( I'm still willing to chance it :)

DCX

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
I was mashing buttons. I was already pissed at the players' progression in the routes/run motion from earlier.

For example, Rucker runs a slant to the right, and as the pass is coming, slows completely down, catches, and slides out of bounds. If the motion didn't make him slow down so much, it's an easy TD because nobody is in front of him.

Second is on my KR with 1:19 left. The AI Robinson fields it, but no, he doesn't! Ball hits the grass, he scoops it up, and his motion moves him out of bounds at the six yard line. Really?

Third is a 2nd & 10 to Cribbs, who breaks a tackle, and keeps running backwards in motion. I have to completely turn him around, dodge a defender, hurdle another, until I am finally tackled 20 yards later on YAC.

Denog played a great, fun game, but things like that just frustrate the hell out of me. :mad:

DCX,

I'll play, but give me some time.

Ok let me know, yeah i always tell people before i play that i pray Madden stays out of it. In your case, he had his fat hands all over it :/

DCX

daw840

Wellie. If your around, I can play now. I am going to jump into some MW2, but just message me here or on XBL and I will quite.

Striker

DCX said:
Ok let me know, yeah i always tell people before i play that i pray Madden stays out of it. In your case, he had his fat hands all over it :/

DCX
Making a meal now.

What's your availability tonight? Any time?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BigAT said:
Denog, any chance you would want to play our game now?
I would love to but I am back at work. Perhaps when I get back we can have a go. I am pretty beat and I have to work in the morning, tomorrow night, Sunday morning, and Sunday night. I need to take care of some things this weekend as well.

What are good times for you this weekend if we can't go tonight? If you can give me 3-4 blocks of time, I can try to work it in.

Striker

DenogginizerOS said:
I would love to but I am back at work. Perhaps when I get back we can have a go. I am pretty beat and I have to work in the morning, tomorrow night, Sunday morning, and Sunday night. I need to take care of some things this weekend as well.

What are good times for you this weekend if we can't go tonight? If you can give me 3-4 blocks of time, I can try to work it in.
Hey, you didn't happen to save Cribbs' long catch, did you? I was going to, but got pissed and ended the game. :(

Long post pattern, Safety prepared to deflect it, but Cribbs seems to tip it himself, but positions himself back and catches it. It took me down to the 37 yard line. The rest is lol according to EA.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Striker said:
Hey, you didn't happen to save Cribbs' long catch, did you? I was going to, but got pissed and ended the game. :(

Long post pattern, Safety prepared to deflect it, but Cribbs seems to tip it himself, but positions himself back and catches it. It took me down to the 37 yard line. The rest is lol according to EA.
I watched it but didn't save it. He tipped, I fell, you activated, and then caught it. I thought for sure you were going to shake me off and score. I was screaming at the TV when you made that catch.

Great game though. Win or lose, that was a great game to be involved in.

BigAT

DenogginizerOS said:

That's quite a rough work schedule. I should be around anytime early in the day tomorrow, probably up until 5 PM EST. I think Sunday I should be available pretty much anytime for the most part, Giants are on their bye.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg as usual i had a good first half and even a lead then proceeded to give up 40 points and 8 ints in the second shrug

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i think warner's qb rating this year is like 40. blitz, zone coverage, man coverage, man to man deep with fitz, whatever i'll find a way to get it to the other team

yeah gg, that felt like everything collapsed on me at the end of the first half and you'd ride that out for the win. thankfully nate clements came up big with the 3 picks.

that first TAINT i threw made me sick. i had VD open but i just couldn't get it out in time, then the hit/popup/int/td.

i held fitz in check for most of the game.... you almost broke a couple long runs where i got ankle tackles on beanie and breaston! i think you miss boldin!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
suggs got a sack and had some nice pressure. tbh it felt a lot like the game against rors, d and what-not kept me in it and i even had at least the illusion of "control" of the game early on and then it all just fell apart. i think i'm getting outscored like 120-40 in second halves this season. 1-4 despite leading at the half in every game.

suggs got a sack on a screen play where if i threw the ball it would've been picked. coverage sack!

but you are right, you did get some nice pressure on me. but on offense there was not that slot threat that i felt when i played you last season. jeremy urban!?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
no i have my rookie in there, hightower who has some pretty decent stats and plus i wanna build him up. i didn't even run that many plays to the slot my offense was just a mess i mean how many plays can you have when ever other throw is a pick

Rorschach

Hightower confused me in our game. I thought it was the HB playing in the slot since Astro played that way with Bush in our tournament game. Next thing I know, he's smoking the dude I assigned to him. :(

Top Bottom