• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Just realize that when the chips are down, 99% of the people in this league will cheese on occasion if it helps them win.
Uh yeah, the chips weren't down... he was down and went 3 and out the entire third quarter. I've never "cheesed" anyone.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If Pat White comes in on third down im changing my play to have someone watch him. To me it would be obvious that a QB run had atleast a decent chance of happening

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
I wasn't waiting for the defenders to clear, I was waiting for someone to get open, but they weren't and you were breaking in with the DE. I even had to run with Delhomme to create space a few times. The longest play with Schilens was me stepping up in the pocket, running out, buying as much time as possible and finally delivering with Delhomme. My OL sucks, so yes it's best to have someone in that can extend the play or at least net some positive yards. With Delhomme, that would have been a coverage sack or an INT. Also, I made them very distinguishable and I let the cutscenes run to show #2 is coming up.

Also, you make it seem like I just ran that all day. I ran him twice. JCamp was in there more times than him.

Was he talking about you or me?

I didn't ask for Tibrow, but I'll make use of him as I please. We can't all have Super RB's

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Uh yeah, the chips weren't down... he was down and went 3 and out the entire third quarter. I've never "cheesed" anyone.

You feelin' guilty brah? I never brought your name out specifically.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Was he talking about you or me?

I didn't ask for Tibrow, but I'll make use of him as I please. We can't all have Super RB's
...I didn't bring you up? lol And I didn't pick up a super rb! Gimme Fargas!

Ramirez said:
You feelin' guilty brah? I never brought your name out specifically.
You quoted Bluemax who was talking about me...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
...I didn't bring you up? lol And I didn't pick up a super rb! Gimme Fargas!

You quoted Bluemax who was talking about me...

Well, it was a video of Tibrow trucking half the Dolphins, so I felt involved.

I'll probably hold onto Fargas, but I might move around my HB's some. Fargas might hit the offseason FA Draft bin.

But I'm sure most of my Running problems, is just that I've never been great at it. I'm alot better at passing the ball.

I just realized, the first player TiBro ran over, was the starting MLB... :lol

CB3

Lonestar said:

I'll probably hold onto Fargas, but I might move around my HB's some. Fargas might hit the offseason FA Draft bin.

But I'm sure most of my Running problems, is just that I've never been great at it. I'm alot better at passing the ball.

I routinely stiff arm CK's Lineman with McNabb

rors used pat white a significant amount of the time against me. yes, he is fast. but he is an awful passer. that type of QB is so easy to shut down it's ridiculous. i got burned on one play where p-white broke a tackle, but other than that it was tough sledding

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors used pat white a significant amount of the time against me. yes, he is fast. but he is an awful passer. that type of QB is so easy to shut down it's ridiculous. i got burned on one play where p-white broke a tackle, but other than that it was tough sledding
He has a quicker release than Delhomme and you were blitzing the shit out of me. :'( But yes, you shut the White down all day.

Anyway, I apologize to Blue if he felt slighted. I don't think it changed the game in any way, but I'll keep that in mind going forward.

CB used Vick against me and by the time I realized he was in the game he bolted for a 20 yard run

I wish something came up that mentioned QB subs like that :p

Ophiuchus

Banned
I finally picked this up.....has anyone flaked yet? any team available? or does anyone just want to play for fun? Gamer tag is Sinistar28.

I played in the GAF league back in 06 PS2 son with mcribb on the cover. FMT.......PUT ME IN COACH

Sinistar said:
I finally picked this up.....has anyone flaked yet? any team available? or does anyone just want to play for fun? Gamer tag is Sinistar28.

I played in the GAF league back in 06 PS2 son with mcribb on the cover. FMT.......PUT ME IN COACH

greetings friend!

no one has flaked yet, but there is 1 dude ahead of you in the waiting game!

the eagles will probably open up when cb quits after his impending 13 game losing streak

Rorschach

BigJonsson said:
CB used Vick against me and by the time I realized he was in the game he bolted for a 20 yard run

I at least let the cut scene show and my 2 qbs are very different. Fat white dude and skinny black dude. Also, I numbered them differently. White took JRuss' #2! JRuss era officially over!

Rorschach said:
I at least let the cut scene show and my 2 qbs are very different. Fat white dude and skinny black dude. Also, I numbered them differently. White took JRuss' #2! JRuss era officially over!

can't believe you swindled a 2nd rounder for jbust. now his disease is crippling minnesotas season. how sad :(

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
can't believe you swindled a 2nd rounder for jbust. now his disease is crippling minnesotas season. how sad :(
Late second! It was a fair price and JRuss is better statswise this year. Also, he's better than T-Jack!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
t-jack could have led the vikes to 0-4! i know he could have!
But JRuss does it in style...
jamarcus.jpg

CB3

BigJonsson said:

Thats the best way to do it. Get him in quick. He's a good change up but i dont use him as much as i did in season 1. I would cut him but i figure he would be a good QB if McNabb goes down. Plus i wouldnt want anyone else getting him. So ill let him ride the bench and give him a play or two every game

PS: All i do is come in first in MW2. I carried our team Kobe style to atleast 3 wins when me, Pheeknicks, Hunter, Vidako, Cerrius, and True were playing. In the fucking zone

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:

shaun-alexander-cincy-031208.jpg

CB3 said:
Thats the best way to do it. Get him in quick. He's a good change up but i dont use him as much as i did in season 1. I would cut him but i figure he would be a good QB if McNabb goes down. Plus i wouldnt want anyone else getting him. So ill let him ride the bench and give him a play or two every game

PS: All i do is come in first in MW2. I carried our team Kobe style to atleast 3 wins when me, Pheeknicks, Hunter, Vidako, Cerrius, and True were playing. In the fucking zone

Scar-H all day every day

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Whenever dude, I'll be on IM once I'm awake we can just coordinate there. I've gotta grab a friend from the airport around 4 pacific and then I'll be out for the rest of the day. So anytime before then will work!

You awake yet? I'm around whenever you're ready, but I'd really like to start in the next hour or so if that's possible for you.

damn, calvin johnson was beastin'!

dane morrow is no jack english :lol

and you guys know what i just realized? the ultimate slap in the face when i looked at my schedule is i'm playing all of the other first place NFC teams.... which means EA admits that i won my division last season! robbery!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
He has a quicker release than Delhomme and you were blitzing the shit out of me. :'( But yes, you shut the White down all day.

Anyway, I apologize to Blue if he felt slighted. I don't think it changed the game in any way, but I'll keep that in mind going forward.

It didn't change the outcome of the game directly but it still upset me which probably had some affect on my play. Odds are I still would've lost, it's not the kind of tactic I've come to expect out of you and I think that's what made me so upset.

I'd hate for everyone in the league to start playing fast QBs with "quicker releases" on long yardage passing situations and then scrambling for the easy first when it is apparent that everyone is covered. If it had been Delhomme scrambling and getting the first then I'd just be annoyed at the game or myself.

In fact, thinking about this more, I think on average in the past this would happen twice a game every time I've played you. The difference is then it was JBust and not speedy Pat White.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
not according to bluemax! and who can argue with him after J-camp tore up the raiders D for a sizzling 5/5 and 34 yards!

I was playing from behind, had to go with Hasslebeck until it was apparent things were over.

The first time around Campbell had better stats.

when i played rors pat white had about 16-20 snaps, and a lot of times he did scramble out because of coverage but what is a player supposed to do? take the sack?

i guess a case would be made "well why isn't the best qb on the field if you're planning on actually passing?", but always have 1 audible in your system if you know there's the possibility of a scrambling qb.

but maybe i didn't have as big of a problem because i had p-will spying him or blitzing him anytime i saw he was in the game. you should have done the same with lofa tapoopoo

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
BigAT said:
GG Denog. I thought (hoped) it would be a blowout after getting up 21-0 early on, but it certainly wasn't.
That is the type of loss that makes me never want to play this game again. :lol
I never give up. ;)

Fifty

LukeSmith said:
GG Birdman!

I think you're going soft. First you tell me and Astrolad to stop bugging people to play their games ASAP, and now you get swept by a division rival and offer no excuses, and in fact call the game "G".

and I knew Livewire shouldn't have predicted that he'd beat the Lions, in his lines. I think he jinxed himself by picking his team..Seeing the Ravens' beltway brothers get blown out by the (admitted by dskillz himself) pathetic Lions just puts a smile on my face.

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
I think you're going soft. First you tell me and Astrolad to stop bugging people to play their games ASAP, and now you get swept by a division rival and offer no excuses, and in fact call the game "G".

I deserved to lose and I did. Time to tank for a draft pick and move MJD in the offseason (He's on the block, friends)

LukeSmith said:
I deserved to lose and I did. Time to tank for a draft pick and move MJD in the offseason (He's on the block, friends)

i will trade you patrick willis for peyton manning and MJD (i need a good backup QB and backup RB)

Fifty

Remind me again why you traded for him. Looks like you need help at CB, just like DCX. You two should start a support group, maybe you can call it "Why did I trade for a RB?"

I think MJD is cursed. Whoever has him is doomed to play below their Madden potential. It's quite sad, really.

Birdman02

GG Luke. Turnovers were pretty much the difference in the game.

I couldn't believe Freeney didn't rush Garrard after I left the pocket on that last TD. I know he was spying, but I figured he would attack Garrard once I scrambled. Instead, I had all day to just sit back there and let Holt get to the open spot in the endzone.

TheCrow

Birdman02 said:
GG Luke. Turnovers were pretty much the difference in the game.

I couldn't believe Freeney didn't rush Garrard after I left the pocket on that last TD. I know he was spying, but I figured he would attack Garrard once I scrambled. Instead, I had all day to just sit back there and let Holt get to the open spot in the endzone.

You are supposed to be losing. Stop winning plz. :(

TheCrow

Smokey said:
when can u play homey

Anytime. It is not like I have a life besides reading comics and playing/talking about playing video games. But my connection is at its best at night. Like really late(around or past midnight(cst)) but we could still try any other time.

Smokey

TheCrow said:
Anytime. It is not like I have a life besides reading comics and playing/talking about playing video games. But my connection is at its best at night. Like really late(around or past midnight(cst)) but we could still try any other time.

Can we try in about ten minutes?

I'll probably be heading out tonight and dunno about tomorrow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wish i didn't suck so much dick at MW or any shooting game. i died in the single player training session when the guy tells you to throw a grenade and it bounced back to where i was killing me instantly.

i just wasn't meant to play FPS i guess
OMG I was in line at the food store at the gym and started laughing so hard I cried. :lol :lol :lol

DAW! My schedule has been retarded, I haven't been home for more than an hour at a time (Yep, only got to sleep one hour last night!). I am getting ready to go out again and should be back around 9:30 eastern tonight. I really don't want to go out to see this fight (someone find me a good stream) so I should be home all night. Running a 5K tomorrow morning, should be home around 10:30 AM. Willing to play at any time tomorrow since no Giants. :(

Rorschach

Bluemax: sorry you think I've been cheesing you all these years. You should have brought it up. I've never been accused of it before (maybe behind my back), so I didn't know. I'll start taking more sacks in the future.

I already apologized for Pat White. I don't know what you want me to say. I can't give you the win because we don't have the tools to do that. I don't think you deserved the win, and I don't think that that one play changed the outcome of the game at all, but I'd do it to make amends.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i guess a case would be made "well why isn't the best qb on the field if you're planning on actually passing?"
Because he wasn't the best qb for that situation. And a bunch of people this year are progressing their younger QBs including the Seahawks. He was in for less plays than Campbell. And he only rushed 2 times. 2. Everyone has owned Pat White, btw. Not just you and PWilly.

Cardinals: 2 INTs
Ravens: 2 INTs (2 in the span of 53 seconds, btw :|), 0 rushing attempts

Maybe we should make new rules like "you can't sub in backups." Ray Rice should be in every play unless he goes red. Same for Brady, Hasselbeck, McNabb, Parker, etc. And the wildcat should be outlawed.

Rorschach said:
Bluemax: sorry you think I've been cheesing you all these years. You should have brought it up. I've never been accused of it before (maybe behind my back), so I didn't know. I'll start taking more sacks in the future.

I already apologized for Pat White. I don't know what you want me to say. I can't give you the win because we don't have the tools to do that. I don't think you deserved the win, and I don't think that that one play changed the outcome of the game at all, but I'd do it to make amends.

Because he wasn't the best qb for that situation. And a bunch of people this year are progressing their younger QBs including the Seahawks. He was in for less plays than Campbell. And he only rushed 2 times. 2. Everyone has owned Pat White, btw. Not just you and PWilly.

Maybe we should make new rules like "you can't sub in backups." Ray Rice should be in every play unless he goes red. Same for Brady, Hasselbeck, McNabb, Parker, etc. And the wildcat should be outlawed.

you took my quote but then didn't quote the sentence afterwards :(

don't matter to me that you used pat white. scramble all day if you like! if you have the players to cause matchup problems or break the defense you should use him!

if there is one great thing i will say about madden this year its they have really cut down on scrambling with qb's. now it really feels like you need a scrambler to hurt the D in that fashion unlike in years past where a Jbust or hell even alex smith could really hurt you on the ground. this year it just has to be the right situation to burn someone on a qb run unless you are vick, white, or tribrow.

nothing to see here!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:

Way to miss the point. I never said you were cheesing me all those years. If I had thought you were cheesing me then I would've said it. My point was that swapping in Pat White solely so you can scramble with him is cheesy. If you'd been calling designed runs for him I wouldn't have complained, I have no issues with the Wildcat. It's spreading the field, making everyone run deep and taking off as soon as the defense is 20 yards down the field that pisses me off.

I didn't say I deserved a win, I'm not asking for a win. I'm just saying that I'm disappointed in you because I thought you were better than that. And I'm also putting this out here so that it doesn't become a league wide trend. But if FMT doesn't think its an issue than I sure as fuck will be mixing in the Seneca Wallace special from now on too.

Top Bottom