• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Way to miss the point. I never said you were cheesing me all those years. If I had thought you were cheesing me than I would've said it. My point was that swapping in Pat White solely so you can scramble with him is cheesy. If you'd been calling designed runs for him I wouldn't have complained, I have no issues with the Wildcat. It's spreading the field, making everyone run deep and taking off as soon as the defense is 20 yards down the field that pisses me off.

I didn't say I deserved a win, I'm not asking for a win. I'm just saying that I'm disappointed in you because I thought you were better than that. And I'm also putting this out here so that it doesn't become a league wide trend. But if FMT doesn't think its an issue than I sure as fuck will be mixing in the Seneca Wallace special from now on too.
He wasn't in for the sole purpose of scrambling, but I guess there's no way to prove that. I don't even know why your guys were so deep when you only had 17 yards to cover...

Fifty

Bluemax, isn't cheese something that can't be stopped? Wouldn't the solution to this just to be to make sure to audible one or two DEs into QB spy on those plays? Or are you saying that being forced to do that is in itself a form of cheese.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
Way to miss the point. I never said you were cheesing me all those years. If I had thought you were cheesing me then I would've said it. My point was that swapping in Pat White solely so you can scramble with him is cheesy. If you'd been calling designed runs for him I wouldn't have complained, I have no issues with the Wildcat. It's spreading the field, making everyone run deep and taking off as soon as the defense is 20 yards down the field that pisses me off.

I didn't say I deserved a win, I'm not asking for a win. I'm just saying that I'm disappointed in you because I thought you were better than that. And I'm also putting this out here so that it doesn't become a league wide trend. But if FMT doesn't think its an issue than I sure as fuck will be mixing in the Seneca Wallace special from now on too.

Thing is, is that its not cheesy. Both Miami and Philly have put in Pat White and Vick in the shotgun formation this year. And its not because they are incredible passers. They are there to make the D have to account for the QB so that there might be easier coverage downfield for a big play. If they dont play the QB, then Vick or White can and will run it. Thats kind of the whole point on scrambling QB's. Especially so on third down

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My deal with tibrow, is to try to have two routes to throw to,with a higher completion chance. If they are covered, i begin to plan on running.

This last game he ran 3 times for 42 yards and threw 4 for 4 and 63 yards

Fifty

I think I might complain, even if it was my fault, if Lonestar ran on me with his fake QB. I think taking 99 rated Brady out, for any number of plays in any situation, is so unrealistic that it almost takes the whole (let's have 2 QBs, with one for running!) thing too far. :lol :lol It's one thing to sit out Delhomme, but Brady on the bench would just infuriate me. However, it'd just inspire me to break every one of his bones.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Bluemax, isn't cheese something that can't be stopped? Wouldn't the solution to this just to be to make sure to audible one or two DEs into QB spy on those plays? Or are you saying that being forced to do that is in itself a form of cheese.

That never really worked in the past so I don't know why I should believe it would now. Yeah I guess I fail for not being prepped with it.

Anywho the take home message here seems to be that running everyone off with deep routes and then scrambling is an acceptable tactic.

Lonestar

Fifty said:
I think I might complain, even if it was my fault, if Lonestar ran on me with his fake QB. I think taking 99 rated Brady out, for any number of plays in any situation, is so unrealistic that it almost takes the whole (let's have 2 QBs, with one for running!) thing too far. :lol :lol It's one thing to sit out Delhomme, but Brady on the bench would just infuriate me. However, it'd just inspire me to break every one of his bones.

if I had a solid running game, sure. But I don't. I have to force the other guy to not play only pass defense all game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
That never really worked in the past so I don't know why I should believe it would now. Yeah I guess I fail for not being prepped with it.

Anywho the take home message here seems to be that running everyone off with deep routes and then scrambling is an acceptable tactic.

If you had the DE's in contain or on Spy he wouldnt get anywhere. Especially if your covering deep. You could even have the LB (I Assume you were playing dime) spy the QB.

When i play mobile QB's that i know are in prime scrambling territory i manually control the LB and spy him myself

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
If you had the DE's in contain or on Spy he wouldnt get anywhere. Especially if your covering deep. You could even have the LB (I Assume you were playing dime) spy the QB.

When i play mobile QB's that i know are in prime scrambling territory i manually control the LB and spy him myself

Whatever I'm over it. I lost a little respect for Rors that's all.

All this drama is detracting from the fact that I had a LBer score a TD on offense.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Smokey, the fact that you said this is lame made me lose a little respect for you, but I'm over it.

megaroll.jpg

TheCrow

GG Smokey.

Those long passes to Edwards brought you back. But my early lead was just too much. DeSean Jackson had around 100 yards just off of punt returns.

Edit: Fuck robo QBs. I almost lost to the cpu. :(

TheCrow

Fifty said:
I'm confused. It said you had one PR for 9 yards.

We played about one half before I disconnected and he already had around 100 yards from 3 or 4 punts. We then were going to play one more half and we got 3 min into the "4th" quarter when Smokey disconnected. Then we played one more quarter and finished out the game. With me winning 27 to 20.

i was confused too but im assuming the following happened:

they played the first game, smokey disconnected, they replayed an exhibition for the remaining amount of time and then the winner got to play the CPU in the official league game

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone want a scrimmage game?

I had a bye week with the Chiefs and need some practice with them..... not that it will help in the long run.

edit- guess no wants to beat me, back to MW2 I go. Message me on live if you want to scrimmage.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Anyone want a scrimmage game?

I had a bye week with the Chiefs and need some practice with them..... not that it will help in the long run.

edit- guess no wants to beat me, back to MW2 I go. Message me on live if you want to scrimmage.

ill play

Rors I blame you for jinxing me with brees, although I was right I need to cut out the ints. gg wsv another comeback/game I prob shouldn't have won

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Rors I blame you for jinxing me with brees, although I was right I need to cut out the ints. gg wsv another comeback/game I prob shouldn't have won
NeoGAF Madden league rankings accepts no responsibility for jinxing, tampering, insulting, or slamming any owner, team, or player in the Official NeoGAF Madden league or their families or pets. The list may not be rebroadcast or retransmitted without the expressed written consent of the Official NeoGAF Madden League.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I HATE THE
MOTHERFUCKINGPIECEOFDUNGCOVEREDSHIT
CHIEFS

Matrix

TheCrow said:
So... Ready to play next week. :D

I'm gamesharking you....

FMT hook me up!

TheCrow

Matrix said:
I'm gamesharking you....

FMT hook me up!

:lol I have a feeling you are going to pull off an upset. But I am slightly happy I don't have to deal with LJ. I have had bad experiences with him bouncing off of tackles.

Rorschach said:
NeoGAF Madden league rankings accepts no responsibility for jinxing, tampering, insulting, or slamming any owner, team, or player in the Official NeoGAF Madden league or their families or pets. The list may not be rebroadcast or retransmitted without the expressed written consent of the Official NeoGAF Madden League.
:lol

Somnia

Wellington said:
You know what to do BJ. :D

If my internet keeps acting up he may get to play the computer...I am seriously going to go burn down comcast at this point...I wish FiOS was in town already. I'm getting major packet loss and only 2-4mpbs download. Upload speeds are going even slower. I knew they didnt fix shit last time they were out here...so fucking pissed.

Lonestar

I'm interested in the next Rorschllama's Madden Ranking.

Can the Pootriots climb out of last place?

Can the Fighting Bobs stay out of Kirstie Alley's Mouthtrap?

Can the Flats....errr, Vikings, make it through this disasterous stretch of no no no no no no no Jbust no no no no?

Fifty

3 games left now.

GG Nightz. You had some bad luck there in the first half, and my RBs were able to get going. I'd say the 2nd half was something to build on, but we play again in 2 weeks, so I hope not.

Mr. Glass is about to miss his first games of the season. 2 weeks with a dislocated elbow.

Thankfully LJ is part of the team! Gay-hating and all, I still appreciate him. He had a big game for me, with a nice TD catch (two broken tackles in the open field resulted in the TD. None of you can bitch about LJ, because you all had your chance to acquire him.

If the game had players getting angry over stuff like PT, Ray Rice's morale would be so low that he'd want me dead. I'd remind him that he's only 24. 29 rushes, and only 7 for him.

TheCrow

Fifty said:
3 games left now.

GG Nightz. You had some bad luck there in the first half, and my RBs were able to get going. I'd say the 2nd half was something to build on, but we play again in 2 weeks, so I hope not.

Mr. Glass is about to miss his first games of the season. 2 weeks with a dislocated elbow.

Thankfully LJ is part of the team! Gay-hating and all, I still appreciate him. He had a big game for me, with a nice TD catch (two broken tackles in the open field resulted in the TD. None of you can bitch about LJ, because you all had your chance to acquire him.

That is why I am happy he is out of my division.

Nightz

GG man. That 2nd quarter was a nightmare. Palmer decided to miss some throws that he usually makes and the turnovers killed me. Your running back group is A LOT to handle. Freaking LJ just doesn't go down and your rookie is freakishly fast. Looking forward to our next matchup. :D

Matrix

LJ, played well because he now has a real O-line in front of him and apparently once you leave Kansas you remember how to hold onto the ball.

FUCK YOU LJ and FUCK YOU AGAIN CHIEFS

Somnia

BigJonsson said:
I can play most of the day Sunday or Monday afternoon until 5ish EST

I had late nights at work this weekend
I'll be on AIM all day tomorrow. Shoot me an IM when your ready (let's try to avoid the afternoon game time, 3-6ish since the boys play). Just let me know :D

edit: AIM = Somnia1982

daw840

I am home all day today Wellie. I will be alternating between football on TV and MW2. Let me know when you want to play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ugh neither of my backup QBs are any good. Further, my guys kept fumbling like they didn't want the ball.

Started the game with a KR TD and then on the ensuing drive by Daw, this beauty! Finally a pick with Tuck!!

I should have been more conservative in spots. Turned the ball over in places where I would have had a good shot at a FG and at least some points then I wouldn't have needed that game ending FG. Bradshaw is going to be relegated to the bench and specials for the rest of the year. He fumbles way too much.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Ugh neither of my backup QBs are any good. Further, my guys kept fumbling like they didn't want the ball.

Started the game with a KR TD and then on the ensuing drive by Daw, this beauty! Finally a pick with Tuck!!

I should have been more conservative in spots. Turned the ball over in places where I would have had a good shot at a FG and at least some points then I wouldn't have needed that game ending FG. Bradshaw is going to be relegated to the bench and specials for the rest of the year. He fumbles way too much.

I would offer you Senecca Wallace but I need him for third down scrambles.

Fifty

Hopefully we advance after the SNF game tonight, not too late, because I'm sure that people will be around to play then. We're doing great in terms of advancement, so I have no complaints..I'm just excited to play.

Top Bottom