• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

Well whoever you're talking about should speak up, and offer proof as to what they're saying. BJ is out of the league now, and his team not throwing 5-6 INTs a game will make scores a bit more realistic. Smokey has taken a lot of heat, but no one has ever proven that he's playing against the rules.

I think posts that are vague and heavily pessimestic do more damage to the league than the status quo. Bring evidence here if you want things changed. I have had no serious problems with gameplay style in any of the 23 league games.

edit: catching up in this thread in the morning is going to be quite the task for those with normal sleep schedules. The last 3 pages make my head hurt.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Well whoever you're talking about should speak up, and offer proof as to what they're saying. BJ is out of the league now, and his team not throwing 5-6 INTs a game will make scores a bit more realistic. Smokey has taken a lot of heat, but no one has ever proven that he's playing against the rules.

I think posts that are vague and heavily pessimestic do more damage to the league than the status quo. Bring evidence here if you want things changed. I have had no serious problems with gameplay style in any of the 23 league games.

What evidence am I suppose to provide? Its not like the game lets me peruse play logs of all other games. I just can't believe some of you guys can look at all the blowouts and go "nothing to see here".

But again if none of the people who have told me they feel this way as well want to speak up then I'll let it go.

bluemax

Banned
Mrbob said:
tim_tebow_girlfriend2.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmm, I call bullshit too on Tibrow not tapping that.

That's Lucy Pinder, Tebow girl is Erin Drewes who will be soon appearing nude:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...k-in-Tebow-bodypaint-Deep-br?urn=ncaaf,203468

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
If they're "running up the score" you do have replays and replays show the time, the down, and the quarter.

But I'm talking about a league wide issue. I don't have access to other people's game logs.

Striker

I can only speak for what I notice on score cards and games I've participated in, but I have not played anybody I would consider "cheese" or using any serious exploits (thank god the HB passes has died down). No outrageous scores have been brought to my attention aside from BJ getting assaulted by Rors recently, but even in those events, he throws picks like its a hobby. When a team goes (-6) in turnover ratio, the margin of victory will not be close, especially if those turnovers result in TD's.

I'm happy with the league, my team, and our members. Hope it remains this way for a while, or close to Madden '11. Our players here stabilize the league and makes playing the games, even in the fashion of my defeat earlier, still fun to play in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Like I said about BJ earlier, his style of play was making the games against Rors look so lopsided. He takes pass happy to a whole new level.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
alot of my games come from mutiple INT's. and a few of those being pick-6's. I mean if you throw an int and im already in your territory i dont know what you want me to do. kneel the ball in the 3rd quarter?

and my Turnover differential is proof!

Rorschach

^Love that post! More positive vibes! [edit] Striker's not CB's!

bluemax said:
But I'm talking about a league wide issue. I don't have access to other people's game logs.
But he was talking about Smokey. You had access to those if you didn't quit. Smokey and Luke are the only ones I've seen accused by the opponent. I haven't even been accused, you're just assuming that you know more than me and BJ combined. And the Luke/Somnia business was squashed and they made up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
alot of my games come from mutiple INT's. and a few of those being pick-6's. I mean if you throw an int and im already in your territory i dont know what you want me to do. kneel the ball in the 3rd quarter?

and my Turnover differential is proof!

Yes it's only fair.

Matrix

CB3 said:
thats it. your getting the score ran up on you. and ill do it with Kolb to make it sting.

Impossible.

You might as well be wearing a Cubs hat.
Curse.png

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow what a read that was. :lol

Here is my unpopular opinion. I'm not in good graces with most of the commishes anyway so I don't have anything to lose!

1)
bb3_Lucy_Pinder_51.jpg

2)
Striker said:
I can only speak for what I notice on score cards and games I've participated in, but I have not played anybody I would consider "cheese" or using any serious exploits (thank god the HB passes has died down). No outrageous scores have been brought to my attention aside from BJ getting assaulted by Rors recently, but even in those events, he throws picks like its a hobby. When a team goes (-6) in turnover ratio, the margin of victory will not be close, especially if those turnovers result in TD's.

Look at my game with LW in week 6 and Crow's game with Matrix in week 6. Both were blowouts but our run/pass ratios were lopsided and indicate we were trying to kill clock (For me in that game I had 13 pass attempts and 33 rushing attempts). I even have video of diving with my guy after breaking free on a KR so that I wouldn't pile on. It's just general sportsmanship. This "What am I supposed to do?" stuff is garbage in my opinion.

3)
Striker said:
I'm happy with the league, my team, and our members. Hope it remains this way for a while, or close to Madden '11. Our players here stabilize the league and makes playing the games, even in the fashion of my defeat earlier, still fun to play in.

I agree with you for season 1, season 2 less so. I think we are going to have major problems going forward as the haves (as far as team talent) continue to outpace the have nots. Here's what I mean by that - I understand that my team was a talented team coming into this league, as are the Ravens, Chargers, Eagles, and say the Cowboys. The difference between the Giants, Vikings, and Cowboys versus the Ravens, Chargers, and Eagles is that the former teams had high OVRs because of depth and a high quality guy here or there, the latter teams had high OVRs due to having many quality starters. Those three teams have been involved in the vast majority of league trades mostly because they have the expendable moving parts. Through various trades involving mid-round draft picks and bench players with high OVRs, they've been able to create super teams that unbalance the attempted parity of the NFL. There is no way that say, the Lions or the Rams could trade CJ, SJax, or mid-round picks they need to fill out depth to try and stack their team in the same manner.

Further, EA/Tiburon really screwed us up with some of the drafted players. The fact is that the players in the first round were totally unbalanced. Now that we have seen this there have been more attempts to trade into the first round if I am not mistaken. This is another situation in which the haves can take advantage and leapfrog the have nots to grab available talent.

Between progression, drafts, and trades, I see this league being top heavy starting next season. I made the mistake of drafting needs (and getting a great players) instead of going with 99 spd where I could.

4)
Fifty said:
A peaceful 32 man league is impossible, but if we alienate half of the league by making trades super-strict, there will be big problems.

I didn't sign up for a league where only scrubs get traded. People shouldn't have to write an essay on why they deserve to trade a given player. I think this league strikes a good balance and allows people to play GM.

Maybe we should make the ground rules more clear before starting Season 1 in Madden 11, and you can consider whether or not you'd like to find another 32 man league that's more sim, with insanely strict trading standards and perhaps an actual salary cap.

Contrary to what some may think I don't have a problem with superstar players moving from one team to another. I don't give a shit to be honest. What does bother me is guys trading away their talent and having no clue how to rebuild their teams. I understand we likely won't be around long enough to have rookies drafted in this coming draft develop but getting super late round picks for talented guys is just terrible bargaining. That is what bothered me most about the Larry Johnson trade. It was basically a swap of McGahee for Johnson, that fifth rounder doesn't mean shit in our league, we already know how all the players will perform going into the draft. That was a terrible move by Matrix. More recently look at the flurry of moves from Livewire.

5) CB3 needs to be banned from the league. He was the one that started the 31 enemies talk, the restart the league talk, and has openly said he will be running up the score on people. Is this the kind of person that should stay in the league!? I say we kick him out
and hand me the NFC East

6) The stuff between Matrix/ BJ/ and FMT should have never been a thread, just all PMs. :( Thanks for being in the league BJ.

7) I got L4D2 yesterday. Anyone down to play over the holiday? :D

daw840

^

Hey. I have made ONE trade this entire league, and that was merely a very late 2nd rounder for JRuss. Why am I being lumped into the crazy trade teams!?!

I didn't really trade AP Wellie, that was just a joke ;)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
One of the more lopsided losses I have had this year (and there have been a few) came against LJ. He crushed me. No matter what I tried on offense or defense, it seemed like he had an answer and a more powerful retort. However, at the end of the game, I held no malice towards him. The main reason for this is I have respect for him as a person.

I would say the majority of the people in this league are like LJ. No one wants to embarass or belittle a person by beating them badly in a video game and if you are someone who does want to do that, get a life. However, there are a few people in this league who love to push buttons and who have overstepped the lines in how they address what they perceive is a problem. I ignore those people. But to those who want to quit because the score is getting run up on you, ask yourself if you honestly think the person doing it is actually on the other end trying to ruin your day. And even if so, remember, you are the one who ultimately decides whether or not you are going to let it affect you.

On a different note, I just want to acknowledge a few players for great games this year:

1) Pheenix - Our last game was truly a classic. Hats off to you for playing a mistake-free game.

2) BigAT - A great battle that, again, I came up on the losing side of but it was another classic I was glad to be a part of.

3) Crow - A tough defensive battle that had its share of game-changing fumbles but in retrospect, it was a great game.

In fact, all the games I have played this year have been hard fought and what I would consider great games. I have not come out of any of the games and felt like I wasn't in the game or had a chance to win. Personally, that is very satisfying and gives me confidence that I am improving.

daw840

DenogginizerOS said:
One of the more lopsided losses I have had this year (and there have been a few) came against LJ. He crushed me. No matter what I tried on offense or defense, it seemed like he had an answer and a more powerful retort. However, at the end of the game, I held no malice towards him. The main reason for this is I have respect for him as a person.

I would say the majority of the people in this league are like LJ. No one wants to embarass or belittle a person by beating them badly in a video game and if you are someone who does want to do that, get a life. However, there are a few people in this league who love to push buttons and who have overstepped the lines in how they address what they perceive is a problem. I ignore those people. But to those who want to quit because the score is getting run up on you, ask yourself if you honestly think the person doing it is actullay on the other end trying to ruin your day. And even if so, remember, you are the one who ultimately decides whether or not you are going to let it affect you.

Dr-Phil--28577.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
^

Hey. I have made ONE trade this entire league, and that was merely a very late 2nd rounder for JRuss. Why am I being lumped into the crazy trade teams!?!

I didn't really trade AP Wellie, that was just a joke ;)
You misunderstood what I said my brother.

BigAT

I went to bed and it was as quiet as a church in here, then I wake up and it's like an evening at the Apollo up in this motherfucker.

Everyone needs to just chill out, listen to some music, and relax.

wj6m2d.jpg

(Marisa > Lucy Pinder)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix i added the players you sent to KC back to your team, and your 1st round pick is returned as well.

i'm going to get into contact with our replacement player and have him take over the chiefs. guys, please go easy on him to start (unless he starts lighting shit up, then resume the pose).

we dont want to drive people away and start playing the robo-CPU :/

Since alot happened, and I'm not done catching up...

Can I haz Moss back?

Nightz

You guys are making it so hard for me to check this topic at work. I'm gonna be so busted if my boss walks by and sees half naked girls on the screen. :lol

Nightz said:
You guys are making it so hard for me to check this topic at work. I'm gonna be so busted if my boss walks by and sees half naked girls on the screen. :lol

lol I was thinking the same thing. Been trying to catch up and every page theres one.

LiveWire

bluemax said:
This league really is turning into a 2k league. Maybe FMT should just replace BJ with Ando or Vumpler since half the league has decided to play like them.

I asked about this yesterday and it honestly seemed like the consensus was that every one is okay with the direction of the league which seems ironic. The exact things that people ran Shawn out of the league for are now becoming common place. If this trend continues maybe we should have another league next year. One with a zero tolerance policy for these kind of shenanigans.

I agree, this is part of the reason why I was looser with trading my team. I'll get them back in Madden 11 anyway. Though in hindsight, I should've sent Orakpo to the Saints, but oh well.

Last season, I felt bad about beating up on storybook's Rams in my first game. I was up 35-7 in the 3rd and had a chance to score on a breakaway with Portis but I ran out of bounds. Then I had my 4th or 5th INT of the game in the 4th quarter and had a clear path to the endzone, but I beelined towards the sideline and then kneeled it out. That very same week though, I believe CB went 56-something against someone. And I guess Rors has to get to 72-7 before he can let off the gas. But I guess if you're the league's "best player(s)" no one complains.

Lonestar

LiveWire said:
I agree, this is part of the reason why I was looser with trading my team. I'll get them back in Madden 11 anyway. Though in hindsight, I should've sent Orakpo to the Saints, but oh well.

Last season, I felt bad about beating up on storybook's Rams in my first game. I was up 35-7 in the 3rd and had a chance to score on a breakaway with Portis but I ran out of bounds. Then I had my 4th or 5th INT of the game in the 4th quarter and had a clear path to the endzone, but I beelined towards the sideline and then kneeled it out. That very same week though, I believe CB went 56-something against someone. And I guess Rors has to get to 72-7 before he can let off the gas. But I guess if you're the league's "best player(s)" no one complains.

LiveWire said:

That would have been nice. Any particular reason?

72-7 to me is quite a ridiculous score and really not acceptable in my mind. Nothing against rors since hes one of the players I players I respect. Now granted I don't know the details and it sounds like BJ played a part in that lopsidedness, but I have fallen down plenty of times when I would have scored (did it in the fmt game after getting a int that would have been a easy td with 2:40 left). I'm looking at the box score and I really expected to see a lot more defensive tds.

If I ever get up by 30-40 and I can see that the other person has no answer even for the most basic runs, I'd probably just put in a ton of backups and if that doesn't solve it then I'd just kneel it a lot.

That said I do disagree with the overall assessment by some that half the league has decided to play like vumpler and ando. I'd say the cases are very rare in fact. I've seen maybe 6 or 7 scores that I looked at and thought they were out of line.

Also if anyone ever has a problem with my play please voice it (either to me in private or on here, whichever), I'm not saying I won't argue/disagree with you, but I'd rather it be out in the open.

Lonestar

I'm actually pretty damn shocked, to see that his follow up game was against BJ again, and it was 62-6.

Yeah, I know he threw 8 INT's, but dammit, run some clock, play until you get near the goal line, and kneel it out/punt it. You shouldn't even try to FG it.

Why is Ror not getting the Shawn treatment?

BJ's last 2 games were: 134 to 13.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
2)
Look at my game with LW in week 6 and Crow's game with Matrix in week 6. Both were blowouts but our run/pass ratios were lopsided and indicate we were trying to kill clock (For me in that game I had 13 pass attempts and 33 rushing attempts). I even have video of diving with my guy after breaking free on a KR so that I wouldn't pile on. It's just general sportsmanship. This "What am I supposed to do?" stuff is garbage in my opinion.

I have been blown out before and it wasn't the greatest feeling in the world. At times I may even start running the ball, to kill clock, too early and my offensive stats show it. But I just wouldn't want to make a score unnecessarily lopsided. I do expect my opponent to keep trying to score but as long as my lead is comfortable I will give him chances to try to beat my defense. However, I do not think I can stop myself from returning ints or fumbles. Those are harder to come by but I will dive if it is unlikely that I would score.

DenogginizerOS said:
3) Crow - A tough defensive battle that had its share of game-changing fumbles but in retrospect, it was a great game.

Same here. It was the best game I have had a part in this season and I hope you get a chance to beat me later on. You called the right plays on D and I couldn't make the right reads. Some part of me would have rather wanted us to go to overtime but I'll take a win, even if it came through untimely fumbles.

LiveWire

The biggest blowout in NFL history was 73-0 (Bears vs. Redskins in 1940 NFL Championship) The only other 70+ point game that I'm aware of is the Redskins dominating the Giants 72-41 in 1966 (still the highest scoring game in NFL history). Most recently only one team that I can recall has really ran up the score (the Patriots, of course), with 59-0 and 52-7 wins over the Titans and Redskins. Rorschach's scores are completely inappropriate.

Lonestar said:
I'm actually pretty damn shocked, to see that his follow up game was against BJ again, and it was 62-6.

Yeah, I know he threw 8 INT's, but dammit, run some clock, play until you get near the goal line, and kneel it out/punt it. You shouldn't even try to FG it.

Why is Ror not getting the Shawn treatment?

BJ's last 2 games were: 134 to 13.

one person had multiple complaints about him and his playstyle.

the other has had no complaints from his opponents, only people who saw the score.

THAT is the difference. i look into any complaints. if there are no complaints from an opponent what do you want me to do?

Fifty

Also, we know that BJ didn't take that game that seriously "It's Just Madden" and all. If Rors were to spend the entire 3rd and 4th quarter taking knees and punting, BJ might have actually minded it (just staring at the screen instead of playing) more than Rors just running plays. I know we should play realistically, not merely how our opponent enjoys playing, but it's still something to consider.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
one person had multiple complaints about him and his playstyle.

the other has had no complaints from his opponents, only people who saw the score.

THAT is the difference. i look into any complaints. if there are no complaints from an opponent what do you want me to do?

He could play straight up (and assuredly does), and that's fine, but at some point you have to call the dogs off, man.

Having a 57 yard pass and a 25 yard run in the 4th quarter of a 48-3 point game is absurd.

Strangely, for the 2nd game in a row, before Halftime (19 seconds left) Janikowski kicks a field goal...and then Oakland gets the ball back again, and he hits another one with 1 second left...wow.

Lonestar

AstroLad said:
Rors gettin called out and it isn't even 9 A.M. for him yet. INFERIOR TIME ZONE BACKFIRE

Well, Some of us on the east coast woke up to find a couple dozen posts of new material, and just felt left out, so I found an angle to work myself into the drama, and rolled with it.

Matrix

"That is what bothered me most about the Larry Johnson trade. It was basically a swap of McGahee for Johnson, that fifth rounder doesn't mean shit in our league, we already know how all the players will perform going into the draft."

3rd rounder! 3rd rouunder!!!!!!!! :p

You have you opinion and I respect that, but at the time I ended up playing much better with McGahee than I was with LJ. I don't see how the trade was shit for me when the guy put up back to back 100 yard games and another game where he scored my lone td. I was getting shit out of LJ after the patch.

edit- I'm also not sure what you wanted me to do? I was set on trading him and I tried to trade for a back that was just as good in the game who wasn't getting touches *Slaton, but I was ignored* and again I don't want to talk about this trade anymore....yet I keep doing it.

attitude goes along way in the league. that is why all other things being equal (lets say getting blown out), some people will be complained about, and others wont.

i told shawn (for instance) from the beginning of the season that he needed to be on his best behavior. i told him not to instigate anything or push people over the edge. but he didn't. don't give people a reason to complain about you by acting like a douchebag and you will be just fine (even in blowout situations)

Top Bottom