• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Fuck, I wish I could have kept the replays open, but had to reconnect.

Anyway, 2 were user picks, 5 were into double/triple coverage, and 1 was off his back leg right into Nnamdi's hands.

Matrix said:
fuck you TOO fmt, now i have to wait longer to use the Texans!?

LETS FIGHT!
That sucks. I thought MY bye week was rough...

Fifty

Ramirez said:
I swear this game is predetermined, the amount of BS I just had to endure was absurd. Ray Lewis jumped 50 feet in the air and got a one handed pick at one point, meanwhile Fifty throws three interceptions in one drive that all hit my players and their all dropped, awesome.

Like, I don't think I've ever been beaten so badly in a game where the other person did so little to achieve the score that was put up.

It sucks, because our games are usually so good. I would have been much happier with a 3 point win than a blowout where I'm actively not trying to score at the end of it. A win is a win, but that wasn't satisfying.

The Ray Lewis INT wasn't as bad as it initially looked. I wanted to save the replay and look at how ridiculous it was, but aside from the one-handedness of it and his quick reactions, it wasn't that bad. Between that INT and his FF, I bet you can't wait for him to retire.

The only play that really was ridiculous (there were plenty on the borderline) was this one

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13703982

NOTE that the jumping (truly 2K-esque) CB was not being manually controlled, as one might assume), he was just that stupid

Anyway, if this is like every season, you'll beat me next game, and then again in the playoffs. Unless of course I get lucky again, and then you'll quit or something.

i've never felt out of control for the entire game.

even in my two blowout games (broncos and saints), i can pinpoint instances where i just fucked up.

there are individual PLAYS where i feel like i'm going to get burned (or stopped), but over the course of the game i have never felt the outcome was predetermined

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
That's because you decide when you are plugging in the gameshark.

:lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
alright bluemax should be home hopefully around 2:30. if tonight is ideal for you let's go for it if not let's rock it over the weekend.

that's just how i roll....

Fifty

Striker said:
GG DM.

Fuck you Vince Jackson.

I want to nominate Striker for the sportsman of the year award. For taking it as it is and not freaking over over the ins and outs of a game. Rors told me that DM said that the final play was a drop in the end-zone that would have won you the game. You a truly a shining example of class!

Rorschach

:lol Another low scoring game by DM! See, we have them! Now let's check the passing yards...

Code:
                AT	COMP	INT	TDS	YRDS
Freeman, J.	12	7	0	0	54

DM ball is back...

matrix i added the players you sent to KC back to your team, and your 1st round pick is returned as well.

i'm going to get into contact with our replacement player and have him take over the chiefs. guys, please go easy on him to start (unless he starts lighting shit up, then resume the pose).

we dont want to drive people away and start playing the robo-CPU :/

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
I swear this game is predetermined, the amount of BS I just had to endure was absurd. Ray Lewis jumped 50 feet in the air and got a one handed pick at one point, meanwhile Fifty throws three interceptions in one drive that all hit my players and their all dropped, awesome.

Like, I don't think I've ever been beaten so badly in a game where the other person did so little to achieve the score that was put up.

I do feel that some games are pre-determined or atleast the scales are greatly tilted in one direction. There was a review at launch that suggested that very thing. But in real life it appears that way in games as well. So not sure if it is very far from the truth.

As far as BJ quitting the league, I can't tell you what to do. This league is supposed to be fun, blow off some steam, curse each other out on the board, break a controller, win a few games, lose a few games. But if it isn't any fun for you, then go ahead and back out. I was close to backing out myself, but since I don't have a job now, there isn't really much for me to do anyway, lol. I understand what it is like to mostly be on the losing end of things. This game has passed me by.

I had my championship moment in the sun (that only came because the first game disconnected and we had to start over), but I am more Mangini than Dungy at the moment.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
DM ball is back...

cobra1.jpg

Mrbob

DMBall is my worst nightmare. :(

It can be defeated by playing your own brand of dmball.

My problem is I want to make the big play on offense, and this can lead to an int. If I fall behind, then I pass some more and can lead to more ints. The cycle is vicious. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix i added the players you sent to KC back to your team, and your 1st round pick is returned as well.

i'm going to get into contact with our replacement player and have him take over the chiefs. guys, please go easy on him to start (unless he starts lighting shit up, then resume the pose).

we dont want to drive people away and start playing the robo-CPU :/

Sweet mother of god I have a real team again!

holy shit I have Moss and AJ... oh splooge

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
alright bluemax should be home hopefully around 2:30. if tonight is ideal for you let's go for it if not let's rock it over the weekend.

that's just how i roll....

That's really not necessary especially since FMT extended the deadline. Get some sleep.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
eh, you actually have probably the most dangerous offensive team in the league (on paper!)

If I fail at scoring with this team I might as well retire.

Matrix

*bitch slaps bob*

Rors, we will talk in the off season. You drove BJ crazy and in return gave me a stacked offensive team.

Matrix said:
*bitch slaps bob*

Rors, we will talk in the off season. You drove to BJ crazy and in return gave me a stacked offensive team.

At least I didn't make a thread basically forcing someone to give up a team

Enjoy

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i said on paper!

mcnabb > shaub
moss/johnson > whatever you have
daniels > whoever your TE is
slaton = westbrook

winner: texans
No way is Slaton equal to Westbrook. And Marshall is a beast. :(

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i said on paper!

mcnabb > shaub
slaton = westbrook

Sadly I don't get to face CB with this team, he would quit the league.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol, the new chiefs owner will need him. sorry broseph
It was a joke. :(

Still sad about that trade not going through, though. :( Same thing happened last season where I couldn't get a WR because the trades fell through last minute.

If I would have known how the league was gonna go in the off-season I would have gone hard after Marshall even though it's the same division.

Matrix

BigJonsson said:

Enjoy

whoa whoa don't go there dude. You made me give you a shit ton just to even get them back and Rors raped you after you made the choice and then you wanted no part of the team anymore.

I didn't force shit, its called a begging thread to get back the team I have had for 8 years.

You should not have lost to Rors both games that badly with either team.

btw - I'll be happy to give the players back to the new Chiefs owner.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i said on paper!

mcnabb > shaub
slaton = westbrook

i know you didnt just say Slaton is equal to BW. your crazy

Enjoy

Shots have been fired

And then 3/4 of the league starts bitching at me when I say no
What the fuck else am I supposed to do?

You think I'm going to feel like I'm welcome to stay in the league after that?

Smokey

Matrix said:
whoa whoa don't go there dude. You made me give you a shit ton just to even get them back and Rors raped you after you made the choice and then you wanted no part of the team anymore.

I didn't force shit, its called a begging thread to get back the team I have had for 8 years.

You should not have lost to Rors both games that badly with either team.

btw - I'll be happy to give the players back to the new Chiefs owner.

Same could be said that Rors shouldn't of kept the gas on the peddle after being up so much knowing what happened the previous game and such. This is the 2nd time this has happened this season and now the dude has quit, but I get cursed out for being up by 20 and accused of running up the score etc.

All in a days work I guess...

Rorschach

BigJonsson said:
And then 3/4 of the league starts bitching at me when I say no
What the fuck else am I supposed to do?

You think I'm going to feel like I'm welcome to stay in the league after that?
Checking the thread, support was even on both sides. FMT even said to back off because it wasn't right. My inkling is that you liked the package you were gonna get. You even refused to give up Kolb who is worthless. :lol

CB3 said:
Its all coming out. This is like an episode of Maury.
Shh.. You're the one that made that "enemies" comment.

Matrix

You played one more game with them and got blown out and then decided to hand them to me....gutted. You turn around and play with the Chiefs and get blown out again and quit.

No one in the long run was going to hold it against you, hell the thread got sidetracked and no one was even talking about it anymore.

I decided i wanted my team back bad enough that I would let you gut them and take my first round pick from me.

You don't even give a shit about the Texans and only got the chance to use the team cause I got sick.I also at the time pointed out to FMT that you badly wanted into the league and had been posting in our threads. I told him you were the right person to put into the league.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
Same could be said that Rors shouldn't of kept the gas on the peddle after being up so much. This is the 2nd time this has happened this season and now the dude has quit, but I get cursed out for being up by 20 and accused of running up the score etc.

Buh? Did someone throw 8 ints against you and then just play engage 8 all game? What can I do? The cpu allowed me to run out the clock more.

And I passed ONCE in the second half last game (week 7).

He says he quit because the game is bs and because of the ints, not because I ran up the score.

Matrix

Smokey said:
Same could be said that Rors shouldn't of kept the gas on the peddle after being up so much knowing what happened the previous game and such. This is the 2nd time this has happened this season and now the dude has quit, but I get cursed out for being up by 20 and accused of running up the score etc.

Well BJ didn't go all Bluemax till tonight and quit. I have no clue how their games are being played. Thats for Rors and BJ to be let known.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Buh? Did someone throw 8 ints against you and then just play engage 8 all game? What can I do? The cpu allowed me to run out the clock more.

This may be true, but the score still is what it is. If that's how he was playing and left it open then you are right, what are you supposed to do?

But on the other side it's weird that I get called all kinds of nice names and get warnings and "I'M RUNNING UP THE SCORE" when I'm not; now there's a situation here where this is the 2nd time 60 points have been dropped on a guy and he's quit and barely anybody is saying anything about it...

guys, cool out. BJ has been a great player in this league and always dependable. he just wasn't feeling it and i can't blame him because he's taken a few games on the chin.

matrix has been a dependable league player for years and years and it is good to see him back with the texans.

lets just drop it and post pics of lucy pinder

tim_tebow_girlfriend2.jpg

Top Bottom