• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
Yeah, DM doesn't play the type of ball to blow out anyone, or be blown out. Ball Control, and contest everything on defense.

I can't even recall DM playing that type of ball :lol

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
I don't really give a fuck because I just took the dives with Nnamdi last game, but that's a completely different situation. That pick sealed the game and he had nowhere to go.

But that's just the point. If the game is already sealed, then why not take a dive or run out of bounds? Running the pick back for 6 is doing nothing but running up the score.

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
But that's just the point. If the game is already sealed, then why not take a dive or run out of bounds? Running the pick back for 6 is doing nothing but running up the score.
I did do it and I don't say to do otherwise. I'm just talking about the context of that video. It's not the same situation.

[edit] We're not doing it because it's sim. We're doing it because it's courteous. There's a lot of shit we do here that's not sim and we don't even need real life examples of them.

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
I did do it and I don't say to do otherwise. I'm just talking about the context of that video. It's not the same situation.

[edit] We're not doing it because it's sim. We're doing it because it's courteous. There's a lot of shit we do here that's not sim and we don't even need real life examples of them.

I agree that the video is a different situation. I just wanted to point out the "sealed the game" comment.

Your edit pretty much makes the point.

LiveWire

Matrix said:
Livewire you keep talking about a sim league and how certain teams play, well BJ wasn't playing sim at all and you don't have any issues with that.

In BJ's game against Rors, he was down 28-7 with 3 minutes to go before halftime. Had he run 3 times without getting a first down and without calling a timeout, he would be just under the 2 minute warning, assuming Rors called a timeout after the first run after the 2 minute warning. He potentially was looking at 31-7 or even 34-7 at the half. In actuality it turned into 40-7 at the half. I can't really blame him for abandoning the run at that point.

Rorschach

I'm not going to speak ill of BJ since there's no need to, but there were circumstances and context to everything. You guys can keep arguing amongst yourselves all you want, though.

DCX

DCX
who cares...wtf. So Rors is going all godlike on us and his mantra is it's not me being good, it's yous making me good. Doesn't matter much, against the "vets" he can't or won't do what he does against us non vets...

I say it's more the fact people want to upset him that they are all flustered and choke, throw in tight windows, abandon all semblance of a gameplan at 7-0. I blame us..

To be perfectly understood, Rors can't and will never score 60-70 hell even 50 on me...believe that...:D

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LiveWire said:
In BJ's game against Rors, he was down 28-7 with 3 minutes to go before halftime. Had he run 3 times without getting a first down and without calling a timeout, he would be just under the 2 minute warning, assuming Rors called a timeout after the first run after the 2 minute warning. He potentially was looking at 31-7 or even 34-7 at the half. In actuality it turned into 40-7 at the half. I can't really blame him for abandoning the run at that point.

Sorry I meant to say all season and last, not just the Rors game. I pointed out some games where he just would not run. Look at his week 4 game against CB, 2 total runs. Week 5 ...4 attempts. I'm sorry but I don't see how you can defend that.

In the one game where he only lost by 14 to the Jags he had his best game running with Slaton and actually handed off the ball.

In the first game against Rors, he was only down 14-7 after the first and he ran a total of 5 times all game. He threw 33 times and had 5 ints. The game blew open in the 2nd, but the dude just had to desire to try and get better at running.

Ive played plenty against Rors without getting destroyed and I even said for BJ to try to run a lot with Moats against him to stand a chance and he does the complete opposite. I was trying to give him some advice.

LiveWire

Sure, he could stand to run more, but hell Andy Reid's got like a 70/30 pass/run ratio, and he's lost games because of it. It doesn't excuse TAINTs, or driving for more points, when someone is already up 30, 35, 40, 50 points. End of story. You either agree or you don't. Everyone seems to have chosen a side, no more point in arguing it.

If I am blowing you out (LOL never going to happen) and you throw an INT that I can return all the way, I'm doing it. There its been officially documented!

you guys will never have to worry about a blowout or a pick 6 happening :(

Matrix

Again he put himself in some of these huge holes and it just seems you want to put all the blame on Rors.

Again BJ didn't bitch at Rors or call him out so I don't know why any of this even started, cause the league is far from being completely sim.

I'm dropping it unless someone brings me up :p

Somnia

Live I just got home and am ready to play whenever you are. Shoot me an IM (somnia1982, even though I am in away mode) or message me on Live...I'll be on both.

DCX

DCX
GG dude...defensive battle early on or our offense were crappy :/ I hate LT, dude is paper weak. Roddy had a HUGE game and my D is looking oh so nice :) Good luck in the future, how long is Ocho out for?

DCX

Somnia

GG Live...cannot believe I couldnt get that final play off =( Your D did very well at stopping my run game...on top of knocking Felix out of the game (only that game thankfully). Lots of dropped passes by my guys =(

That was probably the best game of Madden I've ever played despite losing...came down to the last second, but that time out I took earlier in the 4th cost me the game.

edit: My Offense is on the down slide...just like the real Cowboys...they are fucking jinxing me god dammit! I will say my D stepped up that game for the majority of the game. No picks but got 4 sacks. 2 more for Antonio Smith...FA signing was great for me.

Nightz

DCX said:
GG dude...defensive battle early on or our offense were crappy :/ I hate LT, dude is paper weak. Roddy had a HUGE game and my D is looking oh so nice :) Good luck in the future, how long is Ocho out for?

DCX
GG man. Roddy White just killed me and my D just can't catch up to anyone with any speed. They could use some tackling lessons too.

Carson Palmer missed a couple of easy throws in the beginning and I couldn't get to the outside at all with Donald Brown. Fortunately Ocho is only out for a week, but it definitely didn't look good when he was carted off.

The one bright spot of the game was my rookie WR Marvin Blansit. I love this guy. But even when it's his time to shine, Ochocinco is still trying to steal the spotlight by getting in front of the camera: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13726668

:lol

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
GG man. Roddy White just killed me and my D just can't catch up to anyone with any speed. They could use some tackling lessons too.

Carson Palmer missed a couple of easy throws in the beginning and I couldn't get to the outside at all with Donald Brown. Fortunately Ocho is only out for a week, but it definitely didn't look good when he was carted off.

The one bright spot of the game was my rookie WR Marvin Blansit. I love this guy. But even when it's his time to shine, Ochocinco is still trying to steal the spotlight by getting in front of the camera: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13726668

:lol :lol i shook my head on my tackling job then loled on Ocho showboating another man's TD

DCX

LiveWire

Somnia said:
GG Live...cannot believe I couldnt get that final play off =( Your D did very well at stopping my run game...on top of knocking Felix out of the game (only that game thankfully). Lots of dropped passes by my guys =(

That was probably the best game of Madden I've ever played despite losing...came down to the last second, but that time out I took earlier in the 4th cost me the game.

edit: My Offense is on the down slide...just like the real Cowboys...they are fucking jinxing me god dammit! I will say my D stepped up that game for the majority of the game. No picks but got 4 sacks. 2 more for Antonio Smith...FA signing was great for me.

Yea, great game. I noticed on your sacks that Morrow got caught in that throwing-but-holding-onto-the-ball-as-he-goes-down animation again, twice. That's so weird. I'm wondering if there's a certain QB attribute (maybe PA passing or throw on the run) that turns it into a throwaway instead (for example, nearly everytime I hit McNabb that hard, it just beelines into the ground (no intentional grounding penalty, of course).

Couldn't believe it came down to the wire....as soon as I saw it tick...3....2....Romo raises his leg....1....FUUUUUUUUUU.... :D

gg, can't wait for our next one.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GG, Lonestar.

I tried to save the replay of your guy literally hidden inside the ref when I threw that ball. When I saw my guy across the middle, I thought he was uncovered. As soon as the button was pressed, I saw your guy emerge from the referee. Even worse, I had Clowney open on the post with no pressure on me. Ahhhhh!

Somnia

Wellington said:
Well.... all this being said.... I plan on running up the score on Somnia!!! >:O

=( All because I said I'd hurt Eli? Fine now I'm gonna knock Eli and Jacobs out for multiple weeks!

*sends deodorant to your secondary ocho style*

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
GG, Lonestar.

I tried to save the replay of your guy literally hidden inside the ref when I threw that ball. When I saw my guy across the middle, I thought he was uncovered. As soon as the button was pressed, I saw your guy emerge from the referee. Even worse, I had Clowney open on the post with no pressure on me. Ahhhhh!

yeah, gg again. The search for a blowout continues to evade me!

On thomas' int, that I threw to coles, I should have went to welker, he had broken past your cover 2 cb...

I like the wildcat, but not a fan of miamis passing plays...

Smokey

That was a fun scrimmage Matrix. You were in it until the very end til Jackson made that amazing catch, and then the fumble.

Matrix

Smokey said:
That was a fun scrimmage Matrix. You were in it until the very end til Jackson made that amazing catch, and then the fumble.

Yea good game, I haven't played with the Texans for so long and wow did it show big time in the first half.

Never seen such a great catch like that before, usually they never get both feet down. Fumble is typical for the Texans at least once a game and it's a team full of mr. glasses :\ You would think EA thought they were the Rockets.

I knew as soon as you logged off and challenged me in Madden it was because I was taking it to you like Turner in 1 vs 100 :p

gg wsv disappointing loss for me, but its tough to win when both your rbs go down for a good portion of the game, wr drops a wide open td, and you throw a taint. I also played far to lax on defense at the end there thinking you wouldn't have time to run it, however a couple times I felt like you should have been stuffed and stewart or williams just trucked through three or four guys. Oh well, and now I have a long bye week to think about it.

GCQuinton

Great game, sable. That taint right before the half surprised the both of us :lol . Thankfully (in part to all the stuff you mentioned) I was able to keep it close to use the clock, and use Stewart/Williams along with a big catch by my second round pick Adam Saint to seal it.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Yea good game, I haven't played with the Texans for so long and wow did it show big time in the first half.

Never seen such a great catch like that before, usually they never get both feet down. Fumble is typical for the Texans at least once a game and it's a team full of mr. glasses :\ You would think EA thought they were the Rockets.

I knew as soon as you logged off and challenged me in Madden it was because I was taking it to you like Turner in 1 vs 100 :p

Every damn question you were getting an instant buzz or w/e it's called. I was in it for a second! I had no idea the second season of 1v100 started, but I do like the improvements they've made. That one guy who was The One did pretty damn good making it until 1 v 8 before taking the 6,000 Microsoft Points and bailing. He was one notch away from 10,000 pts he should've stuck it out!

Matrix

I had no clue it had started either till you sent me the invite. I was getting ready to try NHL 10 for the first time and figured what the hell lets see if I can beat Smokey at something :lol

sableholic said:
gg wsv disappointing loss for me, but its tough to win when both your rbs go down for a good portion of the game, wr drops a wide open td, and you throw a taint. I also played far to lax on defense at the end there thinking you wouldn't have time to run it, however a couple times I felt like you should have been stuffed and stewart or williams just trucked through three or four guys. Oh well, and now I have a long bye week to think about it.

i wish reggie bust got hurt in our game, then i would've only lost by 2 scores probably!

DMczaf

Smokey said:
ok, wtf is a TAINT?

Taint4.jpg

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
hey bluemax can you play within the next hour or hour and a half?

Sorry I thought you were leaving earlier today so I didn't really check. I also had to help my roommate find her stupid cat.

I'll catch you some time this weekend.

Top Bottom