• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

I have the draft order from last year at home, and I can piece together the standings from there. If no one has posted it by then I'll update.

From memory, it was something like:

AFC North
Steelers
Ravens
?
?

AFC South
Colts
?
?
?

AFC West
Chargers
Raiders
?
?

AFC East
Bills
Patriots
?
?

NFC North
Vikings
Packers
Bears
Lions

NFC South
Falcons
Bucs
Saints
Panthers

NFC West
Cardinals
49ers
Seahawks
Rams

NFC East
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Redskins

Fifty

And there was an asterisk on the Steelers title win. They only got it because Pheeniks threw his game against Ramirez. If Pheeniks ever wonders why his record ceases to improve, it's karma for that despicable unsportsmanlike act.

Smokey

Fifty said:
And there was an asterisk on the Steelers title win. They only got it because Pheeniks threw his game against Ramirez. If Pheeniks ever wonders why his record ceases to improve, it's karma for that despicable unsportsmanlike act.

bam bam

Fifty said:

Waa-cry-baby2.jpg

Consider the fact that I needed two miracle touchdowns to even tie the game and he had been assraping me all game long if not for a few Madden-esque fumbles which saved my ass. Does that make you feel better?

daw840

Fifty said:
I can just see the league thread now.... "You're playing too sim! Start cheesing me!" It would be like bizarro land!
:lol :lol

HAHA. It's a perfect fit. Ando, Vumpler, and Birdshit
or whatever his name was
could all be in a league

Mrbob

Yeah that is pretty funny. Sorry BVD!

Daw I should be to play later tonight. If you are on aim I'll hit you up! I get to host turkey day tomorrow so I have to do some prepping tonight. Get my Cheers collection organized for the rest of the family for viewing enjoyment.

daw840

Mrbob said:
Yeah that is pretty funny. Sorry BVD!

Daw I should be to play later tonight. If you are on aim I'll hit you up! I get to host turkey day tomorrow so I have to do some prepping tonight. Get my Cheers collection organized for the rest of the family for viewing enjoyment.

My laptop is completely dead, so I can't be on AIM. :(

Fifty said:
And there was an asterisk on the Steelers title win. They only got it because Pheeniks threw his game against Ramirez. If Pheeniks[ ever wonders why his record ceases to improve, it's karma for that despicable unsportsmanlike act.
i like you. <3

LiveWire

Fifty said:

heatbench_anim.gif

I have no idea what this means but it seemed appropriate. :D

Viakado if you're a real man then get madden. if you're gonna talk the talk walk the walk

and when I play you, league rules absolutely will not apply. i'm going to fuck you up sooooooo bad

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
Viakado if you're a real man then get madden. if you're gonna talk the talk walk the walk

and when I play you, league rules absolutely will not apply. i'm going to fuck you up sooooooo bad
107352623.jpg

Which one are you PheeKNICKS?

DCX

ph33nix said:

so you're telling me even if you do play by the rules, you'll still suck choke tank as usual?

DCX said:
107352623.jpg

Which one are you PheeKNICKS?

DCX
apparently, the one sitting down.

viakado said:
so you're telling me even if you do play by the rules, you'll still suck choke tank as usual?

apparently, the one sitting down.

I'm glad you are so deeply in love with me that you'll have a Wade-Bulls uni as your avatar.

at least I'm not dumbass enough to run around calling out "PSBOTS" in a gaming thread. that was the choke of 2009

Smokey

Good game Crow...

It's always a bit frustrating playing you. Our connection is never good, with this game having 2 disconnects and a fair amount of lag and stuttering, but anyways...

You beat me, but it was a bit frustrating watching you do the same crossing pattern over the middle when you need to get big yardage. A few times I sat and watched it happen, and the crossing patterns repeatedly fucked with the A.I. leaving your guy open just about every time. It wasn't until I said something about it to you that you stopped, but by that time you were already up 14.

You've got a nice team. You're balanced with the run and the pass and that's obviously good. Good luck the rest of the way, but I hope you turn it down a bit with those patterns.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Good game Crow...

It's always a bit frustrating playing you. Our connection is never good, with this game having 2 disconnects and a fair amount of lag and stuttering, but anyways...

You beat me, but it was a bit frustrating watching you do the same crossing pattern over the middle when you need to get big yardage. A few times I sat and watched it happen, and the crossing patterns repeatedly fucked with the A.I. leaving your guy open just about every time. It wasn't until I said something about it to you that you stopped, but by that time you were already up 14.

You've got a nice team. You're balanced with the run and the pass and that's obviously good. Good luck the rest of the way, but I hope you turn it down a bit with those patterns.
Popcorn.gif

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You could always play a mans position like Safety and stop those crossing patterns yourself...

Smokey

CB3 said:
You could always play a mans position like Safety and stop those crossing patterns yourself...

How about I did?

I only switched to line to see if I could just maybe get pressure on the QB, and that's where I stayed.

Smokey

CB3 said:
then you should have been able to stop it

yep. i can also only control 1 defensive player at a time. At some point you have to rely on the A.I. (duh).

rors said something to me about PA last year, so I'm just saying something I noticed as well.

(edit) - Crow it looks like the game didn't count? On that last disconnect I didn't have an option to finish against CPU or quit, so I just turned the game off? Either way I dropped from the league so I guess you can get to the game when you can.

EVERYONE goes to the slot receiver over the middle in long yardage situations. what do you want people to do? throw to a man that's covered on the outside to appease it? there are coverages that will stop it, but leave other things open.

i agree that there needs to be improvements covering slot (and all) crossing patterns, but EVERY person in the league has gone to the slot middle. every person, and every person has done it in key situations.

i don't consider it to be cheesy. its just something that is in the game and there really isn't anything you can do except banning all slot middle passes (which wont happen)

sorry bros, thats madden 10 for you! maybe patch 2 (AI pathfinding) will shore this up!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
EVERYONE goes to the slot receiver over the middle in long yardage situations. what do you want people to do? throw to a man that's covered on the outside to appease it? there are coverages that will stop it, but leave other things open.

i agree that there needs to be improvements covering slot (and all) crossing patterns, but EVERY person in the league has gone to the slot middle. every person, and every person has done it in key situations.

i don't consider it to be cheesy. its just something that is in the game and there really isn't anything you can do except banning all slot middle passes (which wont happen)

sorry bros, thats madden 10 for you! maybe patch 2 (AI pathfinding) will shore this up!

No, I know everybody uses slot that's part of the game. It just seemed like it was used alot in this situation and there was really nothing I could do about it because then other areas would be wide open. Crow is not a cheesey player or anything, but watching those patterns get used so much and getting consistently burned is frustrating.

TheCrow

Crosses can be hard to defend but as my passing stats show it hasn't always worked for me. I ran those plays for my slot receivers because I knew your 3rd CB wasn't that good or you had a LB on him. Everyone uses crossing routes and i have seen it stopped. When you went to Gates on a crossing route my MLB was playing man and was right on top of him. I was hoping you wouldn't play zone or else I wouldn't have used those routes.

Nevertheless, GG Smokey. I don't remember much but it seemed you gave up on the run early or it could have been that you had to pass because of the deficient. Either way it was a close game that for the most part could have gone either way.

Smokey

TheCrow said:
Crosses can be hard to defend but as my passing stats show it hasn't always worked for me. I ran those plays for my slot receivers because I knew your 3rd CB wasn't that good or you had a LB on him. Everyone uses crossing routes and i have seen it stopped. When you went to Gates on a crossing route my MLB was playing man and was right on top of him. I was hoping you wouldn't play zone or else I wouldn't have used those routes.

Nevertheless, GG Smokey. I don't remember much but it seemed you gave up on the run early or it could have been that you had to pass because of the deficient. Either way it was a close game that for the most part could have gone either way.

Bad decision to go for it on 4th at certain times, bad decision to abandon the run game. BAD DECISIONS.
The Chargers were simply out coached. We now have a bye week to think about it :/

Striker

Smokey said:
Bad decision to go for it on 4th at certain times, bad decision to abandon the run game. BAD DECISIONS.
The Chargers were simply out coached. We now have a bye week to think about it :/
You could have Vince Jackson drop a game winning TD for you. :(

I've been awful on offense most of this season. Either playbook change or just to focus more on my players strengths than anything else.

You have to play a zone.
Not alawys. For instance, game-tying TD in the last week meeting, I tried zone blitzes. I tried man coverage. I tried Cover 2. But you can't stop a person some times because of the AI (or if your players are low in awareness, coverage, whatever) or possibly if the offense reads its zone, can react quickly and efficiently by hot routing.

TheCrow

Smokey said:

I think it was on your first drive that had you success running and also took 6 mins off the clock. I was hoping our game would be low scoring and close so I wasn't that disappointed that it took you some time to score. I just couldn't couldn't get a consistent run game going. Your D line does a great job getting off their blockers and getting into the backfield.

Fifty

Didn't FMT say the deadline was next Wednesday, because of the Holidays? I wouldn't get too excited, CB. I think there are 4.

Top Bottom