• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
daw840 said:
I get too ripped up in the secondary. I think I am going to try to start controlling a LB instead of a DT. I used to always suck at it, but what the hell do I have to lose at this point.

GG last night lone, that delay of game penalty you got in the beginning was complete horse shit though. Your lineman just got stuck on your centers big J-Lo ass or something.

:lol :lol :lol I know. I've actually seen that glitch once or twice. Was just waiting for him to eventually get to his spot, but I think he's still stuck, right now.

Mrbob

LJ11 said:
I feel that if you're going to manually play a certain position on defense, DT/DE/Safety, you don't need to draft him high to begin with. Awareness, play recognition and all that other stuff doesn't mean jack when you're controlling the player full time. BSH/ACC/SPD/FMV/PMV is all that matters when I'm looking at DL, with a safety it would SPD/ACC/POW/JMP and maybe CTH. I think my late round DT Matt Washington is as good as Jackson when manually controlled because his stats are so similar to Jackson where it counts. I'll put that to the test tonight when Jackson freelances and I start/control Washington. Should be fun.

:(

I've heard stories of how you can get great pressure on the QB with your front 4 alone. I weep for Jcut.

What time will you be available to play tonight?

LiveWire

Striker said:
I agree, at least with lower teams getting a difficult grasp in the beginning.

But, with your roster, you dealt away young guys like Landry, McIntosh, Orakpo, and Rogers. While I don't know much about how good they are in the game or their POT, they were young players with upside. You acquired Briggs, Cason, and Nicholas, but guys like Landry and Orakpo were just strange dealings.

Carlos Rogers is 30, turning 31 next season. His stats already dropped from last season, and will drop even more next season.

Orakpo I was hesitant to deal, but in exchange I got a younger cornerback than Carlos Rogers in return (Cason, age 25, 83 to Rogers' 85 OVR, but will improve instead of going down). For me it was basically reorganizing to get better players at certain positions and/or younger at certain positions that I saw as weaknesses in my defense. Philip Daniels retiring was a huge blow to my run D. Andre Carter as well. Yes, I did give him up in FA, but he was dropped 6 points this season despite putting up decent numbers last year and is turning 33 next season. I also improved my O-line by getting rid of Carter. Overall, the moves were designed to address run defense, build more depth on my D-line, and get younger at CB.

Lonestar

I'll just say, I won't be playing on Saturday. I'll either be too estatic and drunk off of joy, or totally crushed and probably would have committed Sports Suicide.

LJ11

Mrbob said:

I've heard stories of how you can get great pressure on the QB with your front 4 alone. I weep for Jcut.

6 eastern would be a great time to get it in, but I can play earlier or later. Front 4 has done shit the last 2 weeks, especially against the run, lets hope they show up.

Mrbob

I'll be home around 4:30 cst, and I hope they don't show up again! :lol Unfortunately my offensive line might not agree with me!

Not home to look at the book, but what is the command to flip coverageson the fly on field?

TheCrow

Mrbob said:

I haven't played LJ at all. I'd love to see how he plays, especially if he mostly controls a defensive lineman. I tried doing that and kept getting burned either through the air or on outside runs.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BigAT said:
We're going to be held up by the battle for 3rd place in the NFC West?

Boo.
wait wat. there are five games left.

storybook looks like some of our meetings might get shuffled around to next week so i might be able to play after 9 est tonight if you are around. of course i probably just jinxed it so i'll pm you to confirm

also, what happened to smokey? PLEASE don't tell me niners are playing the cpu chargers....

PBY

Banned
Lonestar said:
I'll just say, I won't be playing on Saturday. I'll either be too estatic and drunk off of joy, or totally crushed and probably would have committed Sports Suicide.
gah... no idea who to root for
as a miami fan, i hate the gators...
but as a miami dolphins fan, i hate nick saban....

ill probably commit sports suicide regardless who wins

AstroLad said:
wait wat. there are five games left.

storybook looks like some of our meetings might get shuffled around to next week so i might be able to play after 9 est tonight if you are around. of course i probably just jinxed it so i'll pm you to confirm

also, what happened to smokey? PLEASE don't tell me niners are playing the cpu chargers....

I'll probably be on around 10 or so EST. If I am, I'll be playing Dragon Age so just send me a message.

My AIM name is storybook1977 also.

Striker

LiveWire said:
Carlos Rogers is 30, turning 31 next season. His stats already dropped from last season, and will drop even more next season.

Orakpo I was hesitant to deal, but in exchange I got a younger cornerback than Carlos Rogers in return (Cason, age 25, 83 to Rogers' 85 OVR, but will improve instead of going down). For me it was basically reorganizing to get better players at certain positions and/or younger at certain positions that I saw as weaknesses in my defense. Philip Daniels retiring was a huge blow to my run D. Andre Carter as well. Yes, I did give him up in FA, but he was dropped 6 points this season despite putting up decent numbers last year and is turning 33 next season. I also improved my O-line by getting rid of Carter. Overall, the moves were designed to address run defense, build more depth on my D-line, and get younger at CB.
I didn't question Carter because I knew he left via FA. But did you use Orakpo at DE? That's where I would have used him. Great speed, acceleration, power moves, block shed, and his hit power is also quite high. Not sure if DCX is using Orakpo opposite Abraham, either, or not, but he seems more suited for line play in a 43; he would be great in a OLB-spy role for a 34 though.

LiveWire

Striker said:
I didn't question Carter because I knew he left via FA. But did you use Orakpo at DE? That's where I would have used him. Great speed, acceleration, power moves, block shed, and his hit power is also quite high. Not sure if DCX is using Orakpo opposite Abraham, either, or not, but he seems more suited for line play in a 43; he would be great in a OLB-spy role for a 34 though.

I tried him out at DE, didn't seem to get much pressure, despite his obvious real-life skills at pass-rushing. The East's offensive lines are pretty highly rated, so 6 games out of every season it's still a battle to try and get pressure regardless of who I have on the line.

And ultimately, it doesn't matter who the roster is, we're only gonna play one more season most likely. Might as well experiment a little and see what works and have fun, hopefully next year will actually have a cap and real FA.

TheCrow

LiveWire said:
I tried him out at DE, didn't seem to get much pressure, despite his obvious real-life skills at pass-rushing. The East's offensive lines are pretty highly rated, so 6 games out of every season it's still a battle to try and get pressure regardless of who I have on the line.

And ultimately, it doesn't matter who the roster is, we're only gonna play one more season most likely. Might as well experiment a little and see what works and have fun, hopefully next year will actually have a cap and real FA.

;_;

We could get at least 2 more seasons in. Does anyone know if we are moving at a faster pace then last season? Feels like we have been really good at advancing early on a regular basis.
no more cheers

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The LB position continues to confuse me. Here it is sorted by top tacklers:

Code:
[B]Name         SPD     ACC     AGI     AWR     BSH     PUR     PRC[/B]
R. Lewis     82      86      84      99      91      97     99
J. Mayo      85      93      88      82      96      99     87
E. Sims      88      93      88      67      80      97     68
J. Beason    84      92      87      89      88      98     96
M. Jackson   88      90      88      65      86      92     70
C. Greenway  76      85      86      79      87      95     88

This shows a couple of things - AWR, SPD, and PRC are apparently not too important, but high PUR is a must. Boley on my team has a high PUR (93) but a terrible BSH (68). I think Sims makes up for the (relatively) low BSH with higher than normal SPD and ACC. Both the sack artist LBs and the tackle LBs have high PUR and ACC as common threads.

So I would say when looking for an LB go:

PUR
ACC
BSH
SPD
PRC

This kind of makes sense in that LBs are usually the more effective special teams players in the game - they fly through blocks whereas corners and safeties get caught up.

But then WHY are my LBs so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Code:
C. Sintim    83      86      80      60      85      85      78
M. Boley     81      88      85      81      68      93      85
A. Pierce    74      84      83      88      84      86      88
S. Bradley   74      83      79      80      84      90      83

Comparable.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
storybook77 said:
I'll probably be on around 10 or so EST. If I am, I'll be playing Dragon Age so just send me a message.

My AIM name is storybook1977 also.
Alright cool yeah I'll be here.

LJ11

How's Rakeem Jordan (CB) doing, who has him? I thought he was one of if not the best player in the draft on the defensive side of the ball, maybe on both sides of the ball.

LJ11 said:
How's Rakeem Jordan (CB) doing, who has him? I thought he was one of if not the best player in the draft on the defensive side of the ball, maybe on both sides of the ball.

rams, 26 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 int

TheCrow

LJ11 said:

Isn't he out for the rest of the year? I'm pretty I saw that he was injured and would miss about 10 weeks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
my rookie ss will barkley has been awesome especially for a late-ish first round pick
29 Tackles
3 Tackle for Loss
1 Interception TDs
1 Forced Fumbles

Especially for a 41-year-old dude. That's insane.

TheCrow said:
Isn't he out for the rest of the year? I'm pretty I saw that he was injured and would miss about 10 weeks.

doesn't show him as injured on the site, says hes played 7 games. add 1 ff, 6 pass defl to his statline.

TheCrow

sableholic said:
doesn't show him as injured on the site, says hes played 7 games. add 1 ff, 6 pass defl to his statline.

hmm, guess it was another starting rookie CB from a team on my upcoming schedule. Let me see if I am not just seeing things. :lol

Wellington said:
How's Alonzi Simms doing? 23 tackles, but 4 ints.

Tackles are actually really spread out across my entire defense. 7 players with 20+ tackles and a quite a few more with around 15. I am having hard time giving all of my LBs enough playing time. Barnes is more like my full time DE and it leaves me with having to rotate out Ayers or DJ for Simms. I do love his DB speed which helps contain passes to RBs, TEs, and even some WRs.

Lonestar

So far I'm ok with Lee Carter, my Rookie ROLB (Adalious's Replacement) Only has 23 tackles (3rd on the team), but 6 interceptions and 2 sacks.

Still fiddling with my defensive line group. Seymour, I believe, seems to be a better DT than DE, and since I'm not running a 3-4 anymore, I feel he's better suited on the interior with Wilfork, and I'm going with Warren and Burgess on the ends. But Warren himself, is more of a Run stopping DE, and probably would be a DT as well.

I've felt ok in defending the run (71 yard pass to AD credited as a run, notwithstanding), but not enough pressure with the front 4.

Might try Carter out as a DE (ala Adalious being an 3-4 OLB i.e. DE), or Blitz more (and more creative than just the Cover 1 Blitz's).

I'll throw in Bellows for Offensive Rookie of the Year:

51 receptions 907 yards 7 TD's
11 carries 123 yards
30 kick returns 905 yards (30.17) 1 TD (I think)
11 punt returns 224 yards (20.36) 1 TD

2159 total yards (239.88) in 9 games

Since I've accumulated 4382 total yards, he accounts for 49.26%

Holy shit, I just noticed how old my rookies are listed as on the franchise site. Fuck, they're going to retire before they even have a chance to develop. :lol

LiveWire

Wellington said:
The LB position continues to confuse me. Here it is sorted by top tacklers:

Code:
R. Lewis     82      86      84      99      91      97     99
J. Mayo      85      93      88      82      96      99     87
E. Sims      88      93      88      67      80      97     68
J. Beason    84      92      87      89      88      98     96
M. Jackson   88      90      88      65      86      92     70
C. Greenway  76      85      86      79      87      95     88

But then WHY are my LBs so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Code:
C. Sintim    83      86      80      60      85      85      78
M. Boley     81      88      85      81      68      93      85
A. Pierce    74      84      83      88      84      86      88
S. Bradley   74      83      79      80      84      90      83

It seems like these guys have a good stat in one area but not another. Boley has shit BSH, so by the time he fights off a block the run play has progressed to the point where a DB is likely making the tackle. Sintim has horrible AWR and PRC. Pierce and Bradley are just too slow.

TheCrow

I found the rookie CB that is actually hurt. It's Jawan Williams(79) from the chiefs. He is out for 9 weeks and I get to play the chiefs in 3. I might try to pass the ball more and see if I can take advantage of the mismatches.

Edit: Maybe I can try some crossing routes. :p

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
Orakpo is my OLB on the same side as Abraham.

DCX

Striker

Since we are talking LB and attributes...

Code:
[INDENT]                  SPD     ACC     AGI     AWR     BSH     PUR     PRC
ILB D. Jackson    75      87      86      85      94      97      90
OLB J. Sneed      90      95      92      54      82      89      64
OLB J. Moss       79      89      87      67      68      96      60
ILB K. Maiava     80      86      83      67      48      89      90

Depth
OLB J. Tucker     77      84      79      69      78      89      69
ILB L. Williams   75      88      88      64      88      96      81
ILB A. Kassem     79      84      88      58      69      84      63[/INDENT]
Pretty obvious outside Sneed and Jackson, it's sorely lacking. You can tell Sneed is a rookie by his PRC and AWR. Jackson isn't a speedster, but he's a player.

I haven't been able to get consistency from Moss or Tucker, both of whom aren't consistent in numbers. Moss is a better pass-rusher, so I go with him as a starter.

My biggest problem for LB's this season is #2 ILB. Losing Barton hurt because he had great awareness for me, despite limited athleticism. Maiava and Kassam are good in spots, but Williams seems to be the best overall out of these three (all which I use in one sub form or another).

Lonestar

Code:
[INDENT]                  SPD     ACC     AGI     AWR     BSH     PUR     PRC
MLB Mayo           85      93      88      82      96      99      87
ROLB Carter        84      84      82      85      85      81      75
LOLB Guyton        85      86      85      50      79      90      61

Depth
MLB Lenon          76      80      81      78      82      79      80
OLB P. Woods       73      85      79      67      69      81      70
OLB B-Cain         69      86      76      62      70      86      78
OLB Burgess        78      87      79      76      62      87      78[/INDENT]

Mayo 49 tackles 5 INT's 1 FF 8 TFL 7 pass deflects
Carter 23 Tackles 6 INT's 2 sacks 2 TFL 1 pass deflect
Guyton 13 Tackles 1 sack 1 FF 3 TFL 1 pass deflect

Lenon 11 tackles 1 pass deflect
Woods 7 tackles 1 sack
Burgess 10 tackles 1 sack 4 TFL *DE

bluemax

Banned
I don't think tackle stats are going to give you the best picture of a players effectiveness. I'll post more on this tonight ( too much to do from my phone).

DCX

DCX
Good Game Sable. I almost choke that one away bad!! I should have just ran it and kicked a FG, no i throw and it ends up going for 100 yds the other way to bring the game within 3 and i go three and out and give you a minute with Breesus :/ WTF was i thinking.

My D played well enough to win, Jerry being out of 9 weeks kills me in terms of bringing interior pressure so i had to be creative with my blitzes. Knox had a good game and man at the stone handed int drops by both our teams?! My GAWD. Either way, gg

DCX

yeah gg, you had me scratching my head. I thought you were trying to give me the game for a while there. Passing up 10 in fg range easily and you threw that sharper pick i was so happy. Then with a minute 20 or so left and me having one timeout you ran it once, got a holding call and proceeded to throw three times, one of which was almost picked. all of that gave me 1 minute left no tos and i almost capitalized, but bush dropped the long ball.

Had another off game and i'm playing myself right out of the playoffs. One int with brees was particularly embarrasing, i tried to rush the snap and ended up instantly throwing it and it got instantly picked off. Who the fuck is knox by the way? That guy was making plays.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
yeah gg, you had me scratching my head. I thought you were trying to give me the game for a while there. Passing up 10 in fg range easily and you threw that sharper pick i was so happy. Then with a minute 20 or so left and me having one timeout you ran it once, got a holding call and proceeded to throw three times, one of which was almost picked. all of that gave me 1 minute left no tos and i almost capitalized, but bush dropped the long ball.

Had another off game and i'm playing myself right out of the playoffs. One int with brees was particularly embarrasing, i tried to rush the snap and ended up instantly throwing it and it got instantly picked off. Who the fuck is knox by the way? That guy was making plays.
Dammit Sable I was hoping you would bury DCX and make it a two man race between you and CB for the wildcards.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Nice, NFC South slowly returning to Papa.

next-generation-of-extreme-gamers-sleeping-kid.jpg

Top Bottom