• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
so after the cards/rams and Jets/Jags all we have is 9ers/Chargers and Panthers/Seahawks

Edit:Nevermind the 9ers/chargers is being played now. whats the status on Panthers/Hawks!

GCQuinton

CB3 said:
so after the cards/rams and Jets/Jags all we have is 9ers/Chargers and Panthers/Seahawks

Edit:Nevermind the 9ers/chargers is being played now. whats the status on Panthers/Hawks!
We should be playing within the hour.

welp another L! but gg smokey. felt like i was playing against the AFC probowl team. chargers have a ridiculous roster. you can't pressure the qb (even on screens!). when you cause a bad throw its caught for a TD anyways. any potential INTs are automatically dropped. their DB's cover 5 yards in a millisecond. and their d-line is in your backfield at the snap!

need to build up my lines, then i'll be ready.

oh, and on that first pick absolute bullshit. i have morgan fucking wide open on a slat at the goalline and he doesn't even bother to put a handup so it sails past him for a 94 yard taint.

drats!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welp another L! but gg smokey. felt like i was playing against the AFC probowl team. chargers have a ridiculous roster. you can't pressure the qb (even on screens!). when you cause a bad throw its caught for a TD anyways. any potential INTs are automatically dropped. their DB's cover 5 yards in a millisecond. and their d-line is in your backfield at the snap!

need to build up my lines, then i'll be ready.

oh, and on that first pick absolute bullshit. i have morgan fucking wide open on a slat at the goalline and he doesn't even bother to put a handup so it sails past him for a 94 yard taint.

drats!

GG FMT.

That bye week was pretty good for me. Took a much needed break from this game and I was starting to get upset about a lot of things. Came back today after not playing for a week and felt refreshed. Oh and sorry about all of those pauses, the game fucked up my depth chart and my defensive players were in the wrong positions.

About the game I went back and watched those to INTS. Both times I showed blitz, but was really in zone coverage. The first one that was a pick 6 I dunno if you saw Cromartie sitting back there? That one fell right into his hands. The second one Weddle was lined up towards middle of field (b/c I was in show blitz) and your slot receiver appeared to be wide open, but as soon as the ball was hiked everybody went to their positions and Weddle slid right in there as you throw the ball for a TD.

Offensively I've decided to use both Turner and Sproles in the run game, and as decoys which I think helped me some. I didn't mean to throw the ball in the flats as many times as I did either, but your guys were getting good pressure on a couple of plays and they were my emergency release.

GG though. I've got a tough game against the 6-2 Jags next. Need to step it up...looks like the AFC Wild Card race could be pretty tight.

Oh and I saved that Phelps onside kick return. I've never had that happen before. Kind of came out of no where. I love that 5th rounder:D

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13994379

Good game.

Birdman02

GG Denog. I got really nervous after you buried Garrard on that early screen pass. Especially, when they announced he was gonna be out for the game. Luckily, he came back on the very next play. :lol

I think this is the largest division lead I've ever had in a GAF Madden league....2 whole games. I'm sure it'll all come crashing down soon. I thought I had a tough upcoming schedule, but it looks like Luke's is just a nasty.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
GG Denog. I got really nervous after you buried Garrard on that early screen pass. Especially, when they announced he was gonna be out for the game. Luckily, he came back on the very next play. :lol

I think this is the largest division lead I've ever had in a GAF Madden league....2 whole games. I'm sure it'll all come crashing down soon. I thought I had a tough upcoming schedule, but it looks like Luke's is just a nasty.

You and I dance next. Appears to be a big game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man. special teams was quite an adventure for me. that was a nice sloppy nfc west game

dcx i can play if we advance. can't believe week 11 is already here!

bluemax

Banned
GG GCQ, I had a good defensive gameplan for this game that worked pretty well. I was also the beneficiary of a ridiculous number of lucky plays. That fumble on the punt was ridiculous, I didn't even hit the hit stick, I was just trying to make a tackle and pin you deep.

It is weird to win a game big where I am out gained.

DeAngelo Williams is a beast, Kerney had him wrapped up for a loss and he ended up getting 72 yard TD, ridiculous.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Guess all the games are done.

Dskillz, when do you want to game? If the week advances in a few minutes, I might have enough time tonight. Friday is open, but Saturday, like I mentioned, I'm more than likely going to be wrecked.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
next-generation-of-extreme-gamers-sleeping-kid.jpg

34254.jpg

GCQuinton

bluemax said:
GG GCQ, I had a good defensive gameplan for this game that worked pretty well. I was also the beneficiary of a ridiculous number of lucky plays. That fumble on the punt was ridiculous, I didn't even hit the hit stick, I was just trying to make a tackle and pin you deep.

It is weird to win a game big where I am out gained.

DeAngelo Williams is a beast, Kerney had him wrapped up for a loss and he ended up getting 72 yard TD, ridiculous.

Carolina+Panthers+Logo.jpg

I just want to say one thing.

To the fans and everybody in Panther Nation, I'm sorry, extremely sorry.

I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this.

You will never see any team in the entire league play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push his team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season, and you will never see a team play harder that we will the rest of the season.

God bless.....and oh yeah, gg bluemax.

- GCQuinton

GCQuinton

bluemax said:
Do you need a QB? I'll trade you Hasslebeck for something!

Nah, Nate's good at QB for now and he's doing what I need him to (mostly). Those turnovers just frustrated the hell out of me. The game was pretty much over at halftime.

Nightz, I'm out for tonight but tomorrow's good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ph33nix, I can play after the Rockets game is over if you're still up.

you've got to be fucking kidding me. me and matrix were in a good game and he was up 28-21 but i had the ball and the game freezes

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WTF PHEENIKS?

Your opponent has quit the game? what the hell.

edit- fuck his dirty ass copy froze! :p

God damn I had 4 passing tds with Schaub, now we have to replay this shit over.

Also wtf is up with the fumbling in this game all the sudden. I think I had 3 or 4 and you too. Also nice choke job I was displaying.. 21-0 lead wiped out cause of beyond shitty secondary play.

LiveWire

We really gotta lower the autoclock runoff to 15 seconds, this is fucking ridiculous. You make some mistakes in the first half and go down by 10-14 pts and you're fucked. The opponent can run the clock out starting in the 3rd. BigAT ate up 13 minutes in only 2 drives in the second half. The only way to get back in it is to start passing, and eventually your opponent will get a pick. This is really really frustrating and in my opinion unrealistic. I might have to make this my last season for this year's Madden if this doesn't change.

Matrix said:
WTF PHEENIKS?

Your opponent has quit the game? what the hell.

edit- fuck his dirty ass copy froze! :p

God damn I had 4 passing tds with Schaub, now we have to replay this shit over.

Also wtf is up with the fumbling in this game all the sudden. I think I had 3 or 4 and you too. Also nice choke job I was displaying.. 21-0 lead wiped out cause of beyond shitty secondary play.

lol I learned tonight that andre johnson is a deep fucking threat. i hated to have that game freeze too cause I felt like I was going to tie you anyhow. this game will be interesting now that we know the scouting reports :p

Matrix

The Texans hb's fumble 3 to 4 times a game and their best players always get hurt. This is frustrating and now comes the replay game where my opponent knows my strategy and I get the loss.

LiveWire said:
We really gotta lower the autoclock runoff to 15 seconds, this is fucking ridiculous. You make some mistakes in the first half and go down by 10-14 pts and you're fucked. The opponent can run the clock out starting in the 3rd. BigAT ate up 13 minutes in only 2 drives in the second half. The only way to get back in it is to start passing, and eventually your opponent will get a pick. This is really really frustrating and in my opinion unrealistic. I might have to make this my last season for this year's Madden if this doesn't change.

13 minutes, 2 drives is realistic. the dolphins did it all the time this year.

matrix you bitch you should have been scurred of me in the previous game! :p

Matrix

Maybe you might have tied me, when it froze you were in your own part of the field on a 3rd down and 3 and I might have stopped you and forced you to punt since we had 6 mins remaining.

I'm ready when you are!

DMczaf

I don't know what more I could do defensively in that game. I shut down VD, I shut down Gore, I shut down Crabapples....and I lose 20-6 because of a TAINT at the 1 yard line when the score was 13-6 with 1 min left.

I can't even view the replay to see why the hell my WR did not want to break out to the sideline, and instead I threw a pass straight at some dude I never heard of before for a 99 yard TAINT.

I don't even want to mention my retarded idea to spotlight VD while running Dime Cover 2. What's the worst that can happen if the only guy who can cover a WR deep on a play is to shadow a TE over the middle instead? Morgan 71 Yard TD, thats what!

Matrix said:
Maybe you might have tied me, when it froze you were in your own part of the field on a 3rd down and 3 and I might have stopped you and forced you to punt since we had 6 mins remaining.

I'm ready when you are!

yeah but the moment i decide to lose mercy and unleash Kelly...

Striker

Giving guys more time can only give them more changes at the line, hot routing a back straight up the defense if its man, putting WR's on slants if its zone, etc. I'm perfectly liking how it is now; it gives opponents less time to kill clock and gives a sense of urgency for players to get to the line rather than taking long to select a play.

Crow, we should be able to play tomorrow night, if that's OK with you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DMczaf said:
I don't know what more I could do defensively in that game. I shut down VD, I shut down Gore, I shut down Crabapples....and I lose 20-6 because of a TAINT at the 1 yard line when the score was 13-6 with 1 min left.

I can't even view the replay to see why the hell my WR did not want to break out to the sideline, and instead I threw a pass straight at some dude I never heard of before for a 99 yard TAINT.

I don't even want to mention my retarded idea to spotlight VD while running Dime Cover 2. What's the worst that can happen if the only guy who can cover a WR deep on a play is to shadow a TE over the middle instead? Morgan 71 Yard TD, thats what!
noooo

Matrix

Am I going crazy or does it seem like fumbles are out of control all the sudden?

I think I'm just crazy

Smokey said:
GG FMT.

That bye week was pretty good for me. Took a much needed break from this game and I was starting to get upset about a lot of things. Came back today after not playing for a week and felt refreshed. Oh and sorry about all of those pauses, the game fucked up my depth chart and my defensive players were in the wrong positions.

About the game I went back and watched those to INTS. Both times I showed blitz, but was really in zone coverage. The first one that was a pick 6 I dunno if you saw Cromartie sitting back there? That one fell right into his hands. The second one Weddle was lined up towards middle of field (b/c I was in show blitz) and your slot receiver appeared to be wide open, but as soon as the ball was hiked everybody went to their positions and Weddle slid right in there as you throw the ball for a TD.

Offensively I've decided to use both Turner and Sproles in the run game, and as decoys which I think helped me some. I didn't mean to throw the ball in the flats as many times as I did either, but your guys were getting good pressure on a couple of plays and they were my emergency release.

GG though. I've got a tough game against the 6-2 Jags next. Need to step it up...looks like the AFC Wild Card race could be pretty tight.

Oh and I saved that Phelps onside kick return. I've never had that happen before. Kind of came out of no where. I love that 5th rounder:D

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13994379

Good game.

cromartie was nowhere near morgan, he was 5 yards to the left, that was my point. he was not playing the slant at all. but i threw to morgan who just cleared the LB who bumped him, and then it sailed past him. i didn't save the replay but i'm sure you saw morgan not even react to the ball

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
13 minutes, 2 drives is realistic. the dolphins did it all the time this year.

In 15 minute quarters, sure. These are 10 minute quarters. That's almost 3/4 of the entire 2nd half.

The NFL's longest drive ever (per clock) was 14 minutes, 3 seconds by the Redskins in 1935. That's almost one quarter. If that is the longest ever, there shouldn't be commonplace 6, 7, or 8 minute drives in the 4th quarter in this league. An 8 minute drive in a 10 minute quarter is like a 12 minute drive in a 15 minute quarter. If a team is on the field for 12 fucking minutes in the NFL, they're going from inside their own 20 or worse, not from their own 30, 35, or 40. But with the accelerated clock settings this way, a 50-yd TD drive can eat up 7 minutes of a 10 minute quarter. And this isn't even considering if the drive were to go to 3rd or 4th down on every set of downs!

Striker said:
it gives opponents less time to kill clock and gives a sense of urgency for players to get to the line rather than taking long to select a play.

Gives who less time to kill clock, the loser? It's totally unbalanced in favor of the team with a two possession lead. And if it's a three possesion lead, the game is over barring a miracle, you HAVE to pass or go no-huddle, because the time just burns away so fast, even if you call the play immediately from the play screen. It ends up being MORE than 20 seconds. I've called plays immediately after the playcalling screen appears and the playclock gets run down to 13 seconds EVERY TIME, and I'm holding the A button for hurry up. That's MORE than 20 seconds, it's 25. By the time you can get a chance to look and snap the ball, it's almost 30.

DMczaf said:

yeah i definitely lucked out. and you know who shawnte spencer is! horribly underrated in this game :( he basically shut down fitz in our week 1 game (in real life) and has also been our best corner overall this year which is saying something considering nate clements has been outstanding (aside from the atlanta game)

i'm not really sure how i won that game now that i think of it. i would guess the morgan TD allowed me to play D a certain way with that buffer. i think the play of the game though was the 3rd and 17 i had and sent gore on a streak. you went towards the sideline and i lofted it nicely for the first. allowed me to build back up that 7 point lead.

my rookie DE had 3 sacks! bonus! p-will had 2 sacks. and dm sorry about the manual sack, but i wasn't going to let that shit happen. for reference sake, i didn't manually blitz it, my lb did and he was basically standing next to freeman and for some reason started to turn around to look at the rb. fuck no dudes! im switching to the lb for the sack in that instance!

well, at least i stopped the bleeding.... for now

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its all a moot point if you can stop him. Besides that point we've had this discussion. 15 second run off is not enough. It would give people too much time to make adjustments on the line. The benefits to 20 second run off outweigh the negatives

BigAT

LiveWire said:

Honestly, I think you just pass way too much for your own good. You had at least three picks, possibly four, in the first half so it's not like they all came when you were in desperation mode trying to make a comeback. I can only go off of memory, but I think at least 17 of my first half points came as the result of interceptions. Granted, Portis was getting shut down, but you still only rushed with him 7 times the entire game. Of course the time of possession is going to be out of whack if one team passes 95% of the time and runs hurry up after every play while the other runs it effectively and huddles up.

You came out immediately to start the third quarter in hurry up on every play, I ran the ball and chewed clock to make up for that. And really, what I am really supposed to do up 3 scores in the second half?

Top Bottom