• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Whatever, this is fucking bullshit. I'm given the choice either to run/pass and have effectively one shot to bring the game back within reach or pass all the time to try to get back quicker so people can't run the clock out starting in their first possession of the 3rd quarter. I mean, didn't the league have rules that stated you can't start running it out in the 3rd?

I'll just start running the clock out whenever I'm up in the 1st quarter, it's only fair, right?

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah i definitely lucked out. and you know who shawnte spencer is! horribly underrated in this game :( he basically shut down fitz in our week 1 game (in real life) and has also been our best corner overall this year which is saying something considering nate clements has been outstanding (aside from the atlanta game)

i'm not really sure how i won that game now that i think of it. i would guess the morgan TD allowed me to play D a certain way with that buffer. i think the play of the game though was the 3rd and 17 i had and sent gore on a streak. you went towards the sideline and i lofted it nicely for the first. allowed me to build back up that 7 point lead.

my rookie DE had 3 sacks! bonus! p-will had 2 sacks. and dm sorry about the manual sack, but i wasn't going to let that shit happen. for reference sake, i didn't manually blitz it, my lb did and he was basically standing next to freeman and for some reason started to turn around to look at the rb. fuck no dudes! im switching to the lb for the sack in that instance!

well, at least i stopped the bleeding.... for now

p-will dished some...but freeman gave some of his own to patricia!

"We're updating the site right now, please check back later. Thanks!"

fuck! You know the play I'm talking about though!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Whatever, this is fucking bullshit. I'm given the choice either to run/pass and have effectively one shot to bring the game back within reach or pass all the time to try to get back quicker so people can't run the clock out starting in their first possession of the 3rd quarter. I mean, didn't the league have rules that stated you can't start running it out in the 3rd?

I'll just start running the clock out whenever I'm up in the 1st quarter, it's only fair, right?

If he were passing and scored a TD you would say it was running up the score. Not trying to be an ass but thats what would happen.

Striker

LiveWire said:

Do you want AT to start throwing bombs to Jennings when up three scores and you're turning it over?

edit beaten by CB

LiveWire said:

there's really no clock milking rule because clock milking has been eliminated. whether you want to or not, the clock is going to run off those seconds.

i know it's frustrating because i've been in enough situations this season down by multiple scores and trying to scramble back, but isn't that the point? shouldn't you be rewarded for building a big lead? i would hate to see a bunch of "dude i was up 28 in the 3rd and somehow this guy comes back!" every week.

set a gameplan, execute the game plan, and dont give your opponent freebes with turnovers. that is how to eliminate the clock issue

DMczaf said:
p-will dished some...but freeman gave some of his own to patricia!

"We're updating the site right now, please check back later. Thanks!"

fuck! You know the play I'm talking about though!

:lol yeah that was bogus. i couldn't bring freeman down, and i couldn't bring down either of your RB's. i dont know wtf was happening but they were breaking tackles left and right. meanwhile gore can't sniff yards after the first hit!

that's ok though, i played into your little trap but escaped with a win!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol yeah that was bogus. i couldn't bring freeman down, and i couldn't bring down either of your RB's. i dont know wtf was happening but they were breaking tackles left and right. meanwhile gore can't sniff yards after the first hit!

that's ok though, i played into your little trap but escaped with a win!

And thanks for reminding me of that Gore 3rd and 17 play, because I kept saying "He's going to break in and cross the middle any second!" and getting ready to jump the route for that sweet INT and he just kept going up and up :|

F it, I'm not taking the blame. Tanard Jackson should have been there, make the play!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bwahaha :lol FUCK U RONNIE BROWN :D

Seriously wtf do I keep losing players left and right due to injury? Fucking bs.

That was also the saddest display of d by both teams.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Keep scoring. Too much bullshit in this game to come off the throttle :lol

Eh it depends. I was up 3 scores at the half on GCQ and he never got back into it. I did my best to reign it in and scored only 6 points in the second half when I easily could've scored another 14 or more.

Also F U DM, way to not help the rest of the West out. Now I have to find some way to beat either you or CB to win the division. Damn those 3* close losses I had at the start of the year.

4 if not for a replay

Matrix said:
Am I going crazy or does it seem like fumbles are out of control all the sudden?

I think I'm just crazy

I forced 3 (possibly 4 and it didn't record one) against GCQ, that has to be my highest for a single game in at least 2 seasons since I had those BS Super Charger teams that were good for 5 defensive turnovers a game. I don't even use the hit stick!

LukeSmith

You're just too Elite for me Rors. I won't be bothering to try and beat your division mates either, the rest of this season is all about Mack Jackson.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Since we advanced last night (Wednesday) is the next advance the regularly scheduled Saturday advance?

Bob! I am around today, tomorrow late (leg day at the gym! :D), and Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon and on I won't be around. When can you play?

As far as the runoff and clock killing, it's strategy. I love getting an early lead and then just running all game eating clock. It makes my opponent desperate and encourages passing because they need to score quickly, leading to mistakes. Played a game a few days ago in which I scored to end the first half, got the ball back and went on a 6:34 drive. :lol If you stay balanced early before going down big then you will be fine later on in the game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Some of the playoff races are getting interesting. The NFC West looks crazy. Sorry I could not help you boys out against Astro, I was shellshocked about losing Eli.

Matrix said:
bwahaha :lol FUCK U RONNIE BROWN :D

Seriously wtf do I keep losing players left and right due to injury? Fucking bs.

That was also the saddest display of d by both teams.

dude. andre johnson makes some of the most incredible catches. there were so many times where i'm like "oh yay i'm gonna bat this down" and then its like BAM

i cannot believe ronnie brown fumbled there. i would've fucking tied that shit!! and then i put it in the hands of james kelly and he delivered again but too late :(

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
You're just too Elite for me Rors. I won't be bothering to try and beat your division mates either, the rest of this season is all about Mack Jackson.
GG. Sorry about running it up/out. I tried to throttle it back as much as I could after I was up two scores at the half. I know we're not supposed to run or pass in the second half, but Shane Lechler was sore so I couldn't punt on first down. I'll try to do better next time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ph33nix said:
dude. andre johnson makes some of the most incredible catches. there were so many times where i'm like "oh yay i'm gonna bat this down" and then its like BAM

i cannot believe ronnie brown fumbled there. i would've fucking tied that shit!! and then i put it in the hands of james kelly and he delivered again but too late :(

He only fumbled cause I actually got the user strip to work for a change, the cpu you would have ran right over.

AJ is a beast and damn I'm glad to have him back. Though if you hit him 4 or 5 times in a game he's due to get injured for a set of downs. I also lost f-ing Dunta in the 2nd half which didn't help my secondary and also lost my DT Okoye that game as well. Thankfully they were only for the game and not weeks.

I was glad Moats showed up like he was playing Rors, but not having Slaton sucks cause he's much more explosive in this game.

Through 3 games with the new look Texans... Schaub has thrown 6 tds and only 1 int. Schaub is a respectable QB again!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ramirez,

I will be available Friday night. There is a slim possibility I can play tonight. However, if Friday or tonight doesn't work, I should be able to go at some point this weekend. let me know what works best for you.

daw840

LJ. I can probably play sometime tonight. However, my home computer is fried, so you will have to message me on Live. Also, I have a christmas party to attend at my mothers house at some point tonight. I probably won't stay for long, but if I'm not around that's why. The ideal situation would be if you could play at 4:20 CST.

daw840 said:
LJ. I can probably play sometime tonight. However, my home computer is fried, so you will have to message me on Live. Also, I have a christmas party to attend at my mothers house at some point tonight. I probably won't stay for long, but if I'm not around that's why. The ideal situation would be if you could play at 4:20 CST.

the christmas party can't wait at least 2 or 3 weeks?

LJ11

daw840 said:

4:20 central sounds good. Bills are on tonight and I must tune in to see how we fail to win another primetime game.

I don't believe I've ever played fifty before, quick someone give me some tips before I play him tonight lol I can only imagine what kind of damage he is going to do with those rbs/fb

Edit:

Looking over his schedule he played the steelers twice in three weeks. Don't think I've ever seen divisional games that close together, crazy

Birdman02

sableholic said:
I don't believe I've ever played fifty before, quick someone give me some tips before I play him tonight lol I can only imagine what kind of damage he is going to do with those rbs/fb

Edit:

Looking over his schedule he played the steelers twice in three weeks. Don't think I've ever seen divisional games that close together, crazy

My schedule is kind of weird this season. Five of my 1st 8 games were divisional games and my last one isn't until the last game of the season....hopefully, I'll be able to finish off my division sweep!!!

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
My schedule is kind of weird this season. Five of my 1st 8 games were divisional games and my last one isn't until the last game of the season....hopefully, I'll be able to finish off my division sweep!!!

Can you play tonight?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sableholic said:

Edit:

Yes the scheds are stupid. I play rams falcons rams. And I think someone had a game against div opp bye week game against same opp.

GCQuinton

sableholic said:

Edit:

My games against you were three weeks apart, too.

GCQuinton said:
My games against you were three weeks apart, too.

were they? I knew it felt like i just played you. actually just looked and our two games occurred over 4 weeks, still very close but not exactly like fiftys. He literally went steelers, some team, steelers.

btw, i'm not setting man lock anymore. against smokey i put clements on braylon edwards, and then towards the end of the first half it went all wonky and clements seemed like he left the field, and then came BACK onto the field. edwards was open by 10 yards but luckily i had defenders back there.

then a couple plays later again clements does something weird and braylon is open in the endzone. luckily my safety got over and i made the play but wtf? i didn't set any type of man lock on DM and i didn't have any of those types of breakdowns.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw, i'm not setting man lock anymore. against smokey i put clements on braylon edwards, and then towards the end of the first half it went all wonky and clements seemed like he left the field, and then came BACK onto the field. edwards was open by 10 yards but luckily i had defenders back there.

then a couple plays later again clements does something weird and braylon is open in the endzone. luckily my safety got over and i made the play but wtf? i didn't set any type of man lock on DM and i didn't have any of those types of breakdowns.

How do you set man-lock?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I've been having the same issues. Against Dskillz I put Webster on Megatron but for whatever reason Web would line up 10 yards off the LOS. Same thing happened against Miles Austin for Somnia.

I would run into problems if it was my #1 and #2 CB assigned to an opposing #1 and #2 WR if they weren't on the field. That is understandable I guess (not really) because the AI would be looking for someone that's not there. But not being able to cover a straight up one to one assignment on a #1 receiver that would never leave the field is baffling. This was never an issue before in this very game. Maybe they broke it with the patch?

BigAT

I don't even bother setting it anymore, I've had way too many issues with it. Wellington is right, the game completely loses its shit when a man locked receiver is off the field. It doesn't just revert to your normal, base defense. Linebackers end up covering WRs even though there are still CBs available and a whole lot of other craziness happens. It's just not worth it for me.

well ive set those matchups almost every game and ive had really poor pass defense. i'm going to test out not using it (as i did against the bucs) and if that helps. although i have a poor secondary anyways so it probably wont make a difference in the longrun :(

I agree don't use man lock. Doesn't work correctly, especially in the cases Wellington mentioned. It's not worth the risk of leaving someone completely uncovered.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I have never set up man-lock.

Though, my pass defense isn't good this year, but its more about the lack of a quality secondary.

Top Bottom