• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

CB3 said:
should have traded me a first round pick when i was dangling BW in the preseason. Instant offense! good thing i didnt trade him though. Huge year so far

That's an understatement. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing differently this year? Besides giving Westbrook some playing time at SS.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CB3 said:
should have traded me a first round pick when i was dangling BW in the preseason. Instant offense! good thing i didnt trade him though. Huge year so far

Was he going to magically make the rest of the my team better? Was he going to play O-line too? What about D-line?

Trading to fill one hole while creating another doesn't exactly make too much sense.

dskillzhtown said:
Was he going to magically make the rest of the my team better? Was he going to play O-line too? What about D-line?

should have taken the 88 rated olineman in the FA draft! he has made a real difference in my team. i can actually run the ball with a bit of consistency instead of hoping for the homerun every once in a while to keep my opponent honest

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheCrow said:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing differently this year?

its a couple different things. i dont wanna give away everything. It helps when the best player in the divison gets kicked out for no reason. There is a little less pressure at that point.

Mostly im just more focused. Last year my routine was talk shit until gametime and then just go for it and see what happens. This year starting with the Draft and FA and trades i tried to fill in some weak spots on my team. Im also actually gameplanning for each opponent mentally days before the match up and hit practice mode regularly to keep sharp with my timing. Alot of it was just fundamentals.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Yeah 'cause the Lions OL = Eagles OL. They didn't hold any blocks at all today.

dskillzhtown

FrenchMovieTheme said:
should have taken the 88 rated olineman in the FA draft! he has made a real difference in my team. i can actually run the ball with a bit of consistency instead of hoping for the homerun every once in a while to keep my opponent honest

I filled what needs I could in FA.

Honestly, there is no way this team is going to get better. I am going to have to give up the decent players I have in FA, get some back to replace them, and add a couple of impact players in the draft.

Fifty

TheCrow said:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing differently this year?

He meant to say: Cheesing with crossing routes

26446q8.gif

DMczaf

I was able to rebuild my team through the draft and FA, and with offseason progression. It wasn't much, but I was able to get the Bucs back to being DMBall friendly

dskillzhtown

DMczaf said:
I was able to rebuild my team through the draft and FA, and with offseason progression. It wasn't much, but I was able to get the Bucs back to being DMBall friendly

So you really are saying that the Bucs were as bad off as the Lions, really?

TheCrow

CB3 said:
its a couple different things. i dont wanna give away everything. It helps when the best player in the divison gets kicked out for no reason. There is a little less pressure at that point.

Mostly im just more focused. Last year my routine was talk shit until gametime and then just go for it and see what happens. This year starting with the Draft and FA and trades i tried to fill in some weak spots on my team. Im also actually gameplanning for each opponent mentally days before the match up and hit practice mode regularly to keep sharp with my timing. Alot of it was just fundamentals.

Yeah, I know what what you mean. This year I actually try to see how my opponents play and who they run there offense through. Seems like a no brainier but I didn't even look at my opponents roster last year. Plus it doesn't hurt being able to hold onto the ball. I went from one of the worst TO margins last year to second best this year.

dskillzhtown

The Lions suck in real-life. I totally over-estimated the team when I picked them. My bad. I am not taking a dig at the league or anything, just venting a little.

My lines are bad, my D has a few good players, but overall it is not good either. I know this team, probably more than I know the Texans in real-life. Most of the players had C and D potential when I got the team. So just waiting for them to get better is not going to happen. I have to replace the majority of the roster, just to get decent.

LiveWire

Yea, a real life NFL teams' drafting really hurts you in Madden. Outside of all my starters, almost every Redskin to a man is C, D or worse POT rating. And since the Redskins have the oldest roster in the NFL, guess what happened in 2009-2010? Gotta just hope that I can make moves each offseason to add decent free agents and good potential youth. I can't imagine how monumental this task is for dskillz. :/

dskillzhtown said:
The Lions suck in real-life. I totally over-estimated the team when I picked them. My bad. I am not taking a dig at the league or anything, just venting a little.

My lines are bad, my D has a few good players, but overall it is not good either. I know this team, probably more than I know the Texans in real-life. Most of the players had C and D potential when I got the team. So just waiting for them to get better is not going to happen. I have to replace the majority of the roster, just to get decent.

on the plus side, you have probably the best WR in the game and an "A" potential young qb. i don't think it's all doom and gloom!

p.s. i will trade you crabtree/english for stafford/megatron

Rorschach

Browns, Broncos, and 9ers have made huge strides towards rebuilding. Raiders too, but mostly through progression and one FA pick. I still need OL and WR help bad. :(

peterboy: GG. You should check your depth chart. You can do it through the website or through the game. I messaged you early in the game that you have your kicker and punter mixed up. You also have a few other guys turned around in ST. You should check that everything is the way you want it. You can save the depth chart by pushing RB.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
on the plus side, you have probably the best WR in the game and an "A" potential young qb. i don't think it's all doom and gloom!

p.s. i will trade you crabtree/english for stafford/megatron
If he were to trade Megatron, he should do it for defense or OL and draft picks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea, a real life NFL teams' drafting really hurts you in Madden. Outside of all my starters, almost every Redskin to a man is C, D or worse POT rating. And since the Redskins have the oldest roster in the NFL, guess what happened in 2009-2010? Gotta just hope that I can make moves each offseason to add decent free agents and good potential youth. I can't imagine how monumental this task is for dskillz. :/
Also, there isn't too much value to fortifying in the trenches, where the games are won and lost in the NFL. Granted, I love the C I drafted (what a beast he has turned out to be, he should be fucking 99 rated next season the way he plays) and I am sure LJ loves his DT, they just don't have the impact of the 99 speed rated offensive players. Have to unfortunately make the adjustment from thinking football to thinking Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
Also, there isn't too much value to fortifying in the trenches, where the games are won and lost in the NFL. Granted, I love the C I drafted (what a beast he has turned out to be, he should be fucking 99 rated next season the way he plays) and I am sure LJ loves his DT, they just don't have the impact of the 99 speed rated offensive players. Have to unfortunately make the adjustment from thinking football to thinking Madden.
I should clarify. Aside from extreme cases like the Lions OL, there isn't too much value at the LOS.

Somnia

GG AT...my redzone offense killed me in that game...my season is officially over folks! Time to think about next year :lol

AirBrian

GG, Matrix. F'n Kerry Collins' errand passes cost me that game. Well, that and special teams once again. You took advantage of the short fields and got timely scores. Congrats on your first win. :-(

And I had more fumbles in that game than all year long! Le sigh.

Somnia

AirBrian said:
GG, Matrix. F'n Kerry Collins' errand passes cost me that game. Well, that and special teams once again. You took advantage of the short fields and got timely scores. Congrats on your first win. :-(

And I had more fumbles in that game than all year long! Le sigh.

I know that feeling...I get an INT on AT early on when its still 0-0 and then on the very next run Barber fumbles it...bleh

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Airbrian..... SUCK ON THAT ONE BUD ADAMS!
see bj you can win with this team if you try to run

I got some lucky ass breaks and the W, but jesus did you have to knock Slaton out for two weeks? :lol

I swear this game won't let me play with him and I play well with him. When I had the Texans for the first 5 games last season, I only got to use him twice due to injury. Now my 2nd game back with him and I lose him :lol Worst thing about him is my god he's a fumble machine, would have had 3 if I didn't win the stupid mini game.

Btw I can run blitz all day, stack the line like a mother f-er and you still cant stop CJ with the Texans :(

CJ can't be stopped by anyone but the madden gods themselves. i'm not saying he hasn't ever been held in check, but if he is it isn't anything you did. the game didn't allow him to break a tackle or your RT/LT gave up leverage. impossible to stop that motherfucker!

also, smokey if you see this and want to play before thursday let me know. i'm around!

AirBrian

Matrix said:
GG Airbrian..... SUCK ON THAT ONE BUD ADAMS!
see bj you can win with this team if you try to run

I got some lucky ass breaks and the W, but jesus did you have to knock Slaton out for two weeks? :lol

I swear this game won't let me play with him and I play well with him. When I had the Texans for the first 5 games last season, I only got to use him twice due to injury. Now my 2nd game back with him and I lose him :lol Worst thing about him is my god he's a fumble machine, would have had 3 if I didn't win the stupid mini game.

Btw I can run blitz all day, stack the line like a mother f-er and you still cant stop CJ with the Texans :(
Yes. Yes, I did. And it felt good hitting him! :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:(

I can't remember if you were the one who knocked him out last season. It was either game two against your team or game 3 against the Jags.

This is depressing, though I think Moats is capable of filling in.

Now I'm going to have to look to get Moss involved in the games for the next two weeks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
CJ can't be stopped by anyone but the madden gods themselves. i'm not saying he hasn't ever been held in check, but if he is it isn't anything you did. the game didn't allow him to break a tackle or your RT/LT gave up leverage. impossible to stop that motherfucker!

1.7 YPC

AirBrian

Well at least I got CJ back in the top 6 rushers. Those CPU games (and the 19 yard game against CB and the 32 yard game against Lonestar) killed his yardage.

So who's taking over the Titans for the month?

Matrix

CB3 said:

We don't count fluke games around here.

You keep forgetting.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I gotta get out of here before CB3 and Matrix start crotch grabbing

ohh.gif

Striker

LiveWire said:
I agree, at least with lower teams getting a difficult grasp in the beginning.

But, with your roster, you dealt away young guys like Landry, McIntosh, Orakpo, and Rogers. While I don't know much about how good they are in the game or their POT, they were young players with upside. You acquired Briggs, Cason, and Nicholas, but guys like Landry and Orakpo were just strange dealings.

Few things I am hoping for in Madden 2011 is a CAP to restrict numerous trades and contracts (which fixes FA and restricts players from wheeling and dealing players like candy). It will make people think hard about which players are capable of being dealt, where you need to improve, and how you can do so (by viewing other teams players and years left on their deals).

PBY

Banned
peterboy: GG. You should check your depth chart. You can do it through the website or through the game. I messaged you early in the game that you have your kicker and punter mixed up. You also have a few other guys turned around in ST. You should check that everything is the way you want it. You can save the depth chart by pushing RB.

rorschach, thanks man... i'm still pretty new to the game (ie i suck :lol :lol ) so all of this stuff is kinda new to me. Good game tho, i had a lot of fun

edit: apparently i fail at quoting

LJ11

Wellington said:

I feel that if you're going to manually play a certain position on defense, DT/DE/Safety, you don't need to draft him high to begin with. Awareness, play recognition and all that other stuff doesn't mean jack when you're controlling the player full time. BSH/ACC/SPD/FMV/PMV is all that matters when I'm looking at DL, with a safety it would SPD/ACC/POW/JMP and maybe CTH. I think my late round DT Matt Washington is as good as Jackson when manually controlled because his stats are so similar to Jackson where it counts. I'll put that to the test tonight when Jackson freelances and I start/control Washington. Should be fun.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
I feel that if you're going to manually play a certain position on defense, DT/DE/Safety, you don't need to draft him high to begin with. Awareness, play recognition and all that other stuff doesn't mean jack when you're controlling the player full time. BSH/ACC/SPD/FMV/PMV is all that matters when I'm looking at DL, with a safety it would SPD/ACC/POW/JMP and maybe CTH. I think my late round DT Matt Washington is as good as Jackson when manually controlled because his stats are so similar to Jackson where it counts. I'll put that to the test tonight when Jackson freelances and I start/control Washington. Should be fun.
Is that your order for value at those positions? I admit that I never really looked at ACC for DL but it makes sense. For DE my order is PMV/FMV/BSH/SPD/PRC/STR and DT its PMV/BSH/STR/PRC/TAK/FMV. Your DT is proving me wrong, he has low PMV but high BSH/STR/ACC.

I've found that DL with high PRC come off of blocks on the "correct" side more often than others and are more effective against counters, draws, and delays.

For safety, since I get killed on the run, my ideal guy would go PRC/PUR/MCV/ZCV/TAK/SPD/ACC. I still can't bring myself to look at speed too intently. My 78 rated safety has 85 speed but is playing out of his mind. 31 tackles, 5 Ints, 7 PDs.

Before the next FA and rookie draft I am going to sit down and look at each position - I need to be a lot more mercenary about bringing new talent onto the team rather than keeping my old middling - average guys.

LJ11

That was in no particular order to be honest, it's just some of the stats I took into consideration when drafting late round guys. If I don't manually control Washington, he's probably a non-factor even though he has some pretty decent stats. Manual is the only way I probably get production out of him, though I haven't allowed him to fly solo too much. He gets thrown to the ground on some spin moves, but for his slot he's been pretty effective when given a chance.

Acceleration is a factor to take into consideration when it comes to LB's, especially if you're going to run a blitz heavy scheme. Kawika has 88 ACC but only 76 or so spd, he's a pretty effective blitzer for me. Drafted a young MLB with much more speed (mid 80's) but his acceleration isn't that high (low 80's I think), and he hasn't done squat on blitzes. I usually call a couple just for him every game and he hasn't done squat, his pursuit rating is pretty good too, close to Kawika's.

daw840

I get too ripped up in the secondary. I think I am going to try to start controlling a LB instead of a DT. I used to always suck at it, but what the hell do I have to lose at this point.

GG last night lone, that delay of game penalty you got in the beginning was complete horse shit though. Your lineman just got stuck on your centers big J-Lo ass or something.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
That was in no particular order to be honest, it's just some of the stats I took into consideration when drafting late round guys. If I don't manually control Washington, he's probably a non-factor even though he has some pretty decent stats. Manual is the only way I probably get production out of him, though I haven't allowed him to fly solo too much. He gets thrown to the ground on some spin moves, but for his slot he's been pretty effective when given a chance.

Acceleration is a factor to take into consideration when it comes to LB's, especially if you're going to run a blitz heavy scheme. Kawika has 88 ACC but only 76 or so spd, he's a pretty effective blitzer for me. Drafted a young MLB with much more speed (mid 80's) but his acceleration isn't that high (low 80's I think), and he hasn't done squat on blitzes. I usually call a couple just for him every game and he hasn't done squat, his pursuit rating is pretty good too, close to Kawika's.
You may be onto something with ACC. Here is a quick takeoff I did of guys leading the LB position in sacks. I included Ryans because he was the most effective blitzer I ever used in the few games I had him in that tournament.

Code:
[B]Name:     SPD    ACC    AGI    PRC    PUR[/B]
Willis     90     96     88     89     98
Nicholas   72     86     86     68     89
Porter     74     85     78     83     95
Barnes     86     93     89     61     96
Wimbley    77     89     83     68     91
Ryans      75     85     86     93     95

SPD, PRC, and AGI are all over the place, the two constants are PUR being 89+ and ACC being 85+. Keep in mind that Porter and Barnes play in 3-4 defenses (or used to, Porter is now with the Saints in a 4-3 in our league and had 2 sacks with them).

This is a little shocking to me as I've been having some serious issues with my LBs, but a couple of them measure out favorably. For example, Mike Boley has 11 tackles and 2 sacks playing full time in 9 games (Yes.... ELEVEN tackles). His stats:

Code:
[B]Name:     SPD    ACC    AGI    PRC    PUR[/B]
Boley      81     88     85     85     93

Great pursuit, decent ACC, and decent speed. I've also got great lineplay in front of him. I admit I have him shadow the TE on passing plays, but he does nothing against the run.

AstroLad said:
storybook storybook storybook!

Sorry Astro, I just couldn't stay awake any longer. The combination of fatigue plus hearing the rain outside was just too much for me to overcome. We'll have to play Saturday night when you get back.

I repeat for the rest of the league, WE WILL PLAY SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!! :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:
Sorry Astro, I just couldn't stay awake any longer. The combination of fatigue plus hearing the rain outside was just too much for me to overcome. We'll have to play Saturday night when you get back.

9092206a10323811342l.jpg

daw840

storybook77 said:

Isn't the week supposed to advance tonight?

Top Bottom