• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
I have never set up man-lock.

Though, my pass defense isn't good this year, but its more about the lack of a quality secondary.

did you see your boy on Jim Rome

Fifty

GG sable.

I was fortunate to have Clayton come out of nowhere and get 3 TDs. He was never the primary WR on those routes, but I guess I saw an inch and he somehow managed 3 incredible catches. Two diving TDs and then one crazy jumping one over the DB. All RZ TDs. He'll never do that again.

I would have been happy enough without that, since my RBs were able to get going, but that was just a ridiculous icing on the cake. and thus it became a blowout. At least DM lost so you're still in contention!

bluemax

Banned
I hate when the game freezes. I was up 24-21 and had just stopped Story to make it I think fourth down with just over 2 minutes to go and the whole thing locked up.

bluemax said:
I hate when the game freezes. I was up 24-21 and had just stopped Story to make it I think fourth down with just over 2 minutes to go and the whole thing locked up.

i heard the lockups are basically non-existent if you have the game loaded to the harddrive. unfortunately i only have about 3 gigs of memory left on mine so i can't do it :(

CB3

Lonestar said:
I don't watch Jim Rome. Who is my Boy?
03_salexander_01.jpg

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i heard the lockups are basically non-existent if you have the game loaded to the harddrive. unfortunately i only have about 3 gigs of memory left on mine so i can't do it :(

How much space does it take? 4GB or so I'm assuming. Maybe I can delete some shit. Just delete all that Halo DLC I never use.

Mrbob

Full install is 6.5gb iirc.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Get a 120gb hdd cheap ass. Best investment you'll make for your 360, even if it is overpriced.

Better to spend 150 now, than another 200 after your drive fails again.

CB3

The HD prices are so ridiculous. I refuse to buy a new HD unless the price drops significantly.

Mrbob

Look for specials online. Especially with christmas coming up.

I got mine for 100 bucks last xmas with an amazon special.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I have a launch 360, so my HD is sad, but I always make room for Madden! What could you possibly have that you can't delete?

My disc drive used to chug and chug and cause temporary lockups (and some total lockups) then I installed the game. There's no excuse not to have it installed!

Mrbob

I agree, and it pained me to buy it, but it is better than spending 150 on one (which is the regular price).

It is more of an insurance plan for the 360 anyway.

Personally I think installations should be a league rule. Especially with the talks of lockups with the game not being installed on the hdd. But I don't call the shots!

CB3

with my launch HD after deleting everything that i dont use (Demo's and a few arcade games i dont play, Halo 3 DLC, ect...) i get about 7 total free gigs. I had madden installed until 2k10 hit. Now i have MW2 installed. I play Call of Duty much more and for longer periods of time. I rather enjoy the peaceful hum when i play COD rather that hearing the 360 chug. its more worth it than having Madden installed

Ive never had madden freeze (atleast during a league game) so unless that starts happening ill leave it uninstalled

BigAT

It is possible to install a significantly cheaper laptop HD in place of the Microsoft one. It is definitely a process to do it and it's not the easiest thing in the world, but there's savings to be had. I got a 120 GB for like $50 and that was a few months ago so it might have dropped even more since then. I'm able to install every game I buy now and the reduced loading time, lack of noise and absence of lockups make it definitely worth the investment.

Fifty said:
GG sable.

I was fortunate to have Clayton come out of nowhere and get 3 TDs. He was never the primary WR on those routes, but I guess I saw an inch and he somehow managed 3 incredible catches. Two diving TDs and then one crazy jumping one over the DB. All RZ TDs. He'll never do that again.

I would have been happy enough without that, since my RBs were able to get going, but that was just a ridiculous icing on the cake. and thus it became a blowout. At least DM lost so you're still in contention!
Gg, I'm falling out of playoff contention faster then the real life giants

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
alright dcx 9? heading out now so should be ready to go 9-915

i am hereby dubbing our game The Road to Five and Five.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
alright dcx 9? heading out now so should be ready to go 9-915

i am hereby dubbing our game The Road to Five and Five.
I dub it the road six, six loses for you and six wins for me :p

PS: FMT, i expect payment by xmas, k thx.

DCX

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tried to do you a solid by beating DM!
I know, I couldn't capitalize though. Going to have to go on a run here to finish off the season. Somebody teach me the thing called defense... I need to start scrimmaging more often, anybody interested?

Go astro!

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Somebody teach me the thing called defense... I need to start scrimmaging more often, anybody interested?

How's Rocky working out? Is the loss of Smith hurting or is it your secondary?

Oh, and I'm always up for a scrimmage if you see me online just send me a message.

LiveWire said:
How's Rocky working out? Is the loss of Smith hurting or is it your secondary?

Oh, and I'm always up for a scrimmage if you see me online just send me a message.
Losing smith is hurting more than I thought it would. Rockys doing ok I guess he's made a couple nice plays, but nothing to great. Did you know he was A potential? As for the scrimmage ill hit you up if I see you online. Going to watch some off this toronto bills game

Fifty

Toronto needs an NFL team. I love the Ravens, but living in Toronto all my life, I can't really identify with teams out of my market. The level of exposure just doesn't compare to what I get from the Raptors/Jays/Leafs. LA vs Toronto..fight! L.A had their chance, it's time for us to get what's ours!

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Losing smith is hurting more than I thought it would. Rockys doing ok I guess he's made a couple nice plays, but nothing to great. Did you know he was A potential? As for the scrimmage ill hit you up if I see you online. Going to watch some off this toronto bills game

Yea, I knew he, and Orkapo, are A potentials. Risks I was willing to take. Surprisingly though for an A potential Rocky only went up 1 or 2 pts (Orakpo went up 4 or 5). Rocky had 6 picks, Orakpo just 1.

I'll be on later tonight if you're still up for a game.

Fifty

CB3 said:
Toronto has a team. Its name is the Argonauts

That's not real football. The NFL shouldn't host games here if they don't want us to go even more insane. Stop the teasing! I don't see any games being played in LA!

CB3

Fifty said:
That's not real football. The NFL shouldn't host games here if they don't want us to go even more insane. Stop the teasing! I don't see any games being played in LA!

i cant even say USC is our pro football team anymore :(

Nightz

GG GCQ. You had some tough breaks with the turnovers early :\. This was only the second time this year that my D stepped it up. Ndukwe had a monster game...glad I bumped him up over Roy Williams for the SS spot. Coming into this game I was so scared to face your running game, but fortunately DeAngelo and Stewart were contained for the most part. Steve Smith is a beast, man. I highlighted him the whole game and he still found the holes and tore up my D. Good luck the rest of this season!

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
GG GCQ. You had some tough breaks with the turnovers early :\. This was only the second time this year that my D stepped it up. Ndukwe had a monster game...glad I bumped him up over Roy Williams for the SS spot. Coming into this game I was so scared to face your running game, but fortunately DeAngelo and Stewart were contained for the most part. Steve Smith is a beast, man. I highlighted him the whole game and he still found the holes and tore up my D. Good luck the rest of this season!

Ugh, second game in a row with this problem. GG Nightz.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Toronto needs an NFL team. I love the Ravens, but living in Toronto all my life, I can't really identify with teams out of my market. The level of exposure just doesn't compare to what I get from the Raptors/Jays/Leafs. LA vs Toronto..fight! L.A had their chance, it's time for us to get what's ours!

The NFL in LA is doomed to fail.

CB3 said:
i cant even say USC is our pro football team anymore :(

Did you go to USC?

CB3

fuuuuuuck squeeked out a win in OT against somnia 30-27.Starting to get some real close games....

Somnia

CB3 said:
fuuuuuuck squeeked out a win in OT against somnia 30-27.Starting to get some real close games....

GG Man...my defense seemed like it decided to fall asleep in the OT. Same with my special teams (though they werent doing much all game anyways :lol )

Looking forward to the re-match.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
insanity dcx. you knew whoever got the ball in OT would probably win and i guess that's how it turned out. except for getting those turnovers early your offense was unstoppable although there were a ton of crazy plays on both sides.

AstroLad said:
insanity dcx. you knew whoever got the ball in OT would probably win and i guess that's how it turned out. except for getting those turnovers early your offense was unstoppable although there were a ton of crazy plays on both sides.
... who won?

DCX

DCX
Wow...what a bs game. GG Astro, not to take anything away from you but holy fuck. First off, the turnovers just seems to be on your side. First offensive drive for me i try a WR screen to get White going early...yea lb walks past my wall o blockers and picks it to give him a 14-0 lead. Then in the red zone my dude fumbles...then LT fumbles on his side of the field...wtf!!!

Nevermind Warner has spider sense and gets the ball off even while falling...and lets not talk about my DB and LB dropping 5 picks at least...whatever EA. I don't even feel like i lost that game.

Wells is BJAC. HE powers through every thing. And Breaston is BJAC JR. On one of his TDs he broke 5 tackles...yes five!! DAMN. Well, is guess you were right Astro. The game for five :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cutler is fucking horrible in the game just like in real life. A bunch of picks were overthrows. Not even Bob's fault. Seven picks total on the day.

Clint Sintim 5 tackles, 2 for a loss, and 1 sack. :)

Brandon Atkinson my stud C finally allowed a sack. D: Hope it does not screw up his progression.

Top Bottom