• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

Is Adalius Thomas injured? Bob, why didn't he record any stats?

I predict that the moment Bob will finally snap is when he finishes the season with a top 5 pick and realizes that he traded his first rounder away for a player who is making no significant difference for his team.

Edit: Actually, he plays the Lions, Dolphins, Somnia, and the Redskins in 4 of his last 6 games..so unless these people PROVE ME WRONG, he's got 4 easy wins there. That's right, I'm calling you people out! Beat Mr. Bob and earn my eternal respect.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh yeah, I'd like to congratulate Jamarion Bellows on 2 new NFL records:

Most Yards Gained (kick returned), Game, 304, Tyrone Hughes, New Orleans Saints vs. Los Angeles Rams, Oct. 23, 1994

Jamarion Bellows 315 yards (7 returns for 45 yard average)

Most All Purpose Yards Gained, Total, Game, 404, Glyn Milburn, December 10, 1995

Jamarion Bellows 418 yards (315 KR yards, 87 Receiving yards, 16 Rushing Yards)

14 Touches for 29 yard average.

I'm sure someone else in the league has had as much or more, too hard to keep up with the stats like that, but I figured, why not look to see what the real world record is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_records_(individual)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
they should really have EVERYTHING in online franchises next year. Stats, Records, cap, everything. It should be an exact replica. anything else is a failure.

im fully expecting a failure. They'll get it right a year before xbox 720 hits

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd have to look, but Bellows is probably already a game or 2 away of kick returns, of having the rookie season KR yard record* (if this was REAAAAAAAL) Real record is like 1750 yards, and I'd have to say Bellow's has most of my current 1574.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:

I predict that the moment Bob will finally snap is when he finishes the season with a top 5 pick and realizes that he traded his first rounder away for a player who is making no significant difference for his team.

Edit: Actually, he plays the Lions, Dolphins, Somnia, and the Redskins in 4 of his last 6 games..so unless these people PROVE ME WRONG, he's got 4 easy wins there. That's right, I'm calling you people out! Beat Mr. Bob and earn my eternal respect.
I just went through and checked all the rushing replays, AT didn't stand a chance. Bob kept coming out in 4-3 Over or Under (correct me if I am wrong here Bob) and when I ran left right at AT, he was picked up by either the LG or LT because the OL was attacking left per my direction. Multiple times he just got caught in the wash as I went right, and a few times Jacobs broke his tackles.

The one thing that is stupid is that Madden takes your LOLB out of the game for nickel, which you don't want if you have a guy like AT. I want Pierce and Boley in so it's no biggie for me, but for you guys with great LOLBs (Briggs, AT, Dansby) it might be worth a look to use the sub packages to keep them ON the field.

I used Bradley on rushing situations and Pierce in passing ones. Pierce 2 picks, Bradley 1 tackle 1 assist, but there weren't a lot of runs. Not a bad Giants debut for Bradley.

I have a highlight I want to upload but uploading is apparently fucked up right now. Three attempts and it doesn't go through. Bobs guy misses a swat on a pass, Smith runs all the way down to the four where he fumbles and the ball goes out of bounds. A microcosm of the game.

Striker

I was losing to Crow, but it disconnected us. I tried to continue vs. CPU but the lag forced me to guess. The selections were going up and down real quick and I couldn't stop it.

Signed out so he can play CPU.

TheCrow

Striker said:
I was losing to Crow, but it disconnected us. I tried to continue vs. CPU but the lag forced me to guess. The selections were going up and down real quick and I couldn't stop it.

Signed out so he can play CPU.

At least we actually were able to play at all.

Your run D was shutting me done for the most part. The only big run came off of a botched pro tak tackle.

Fifty said:

Don't worry.

Not only will I beat Bob I'm going to run up the score on him too.

bluemax

Banned
Yo story sorry I didn't show up for our rematch my roommates stupid cat got hit by a car and we had to take the dumb bastard to the vet.

I'm going to be out of town tomorrow and part of Saturday, hopefully we can get it in Saturday night.

Fifty

Wellington said:
The one thing that is stupid is that Madden takes your LOLB out of the game for nickel, which you don't want if you have a guy like AT. I want Pierce and Boley in so it's no biggie for me, but for you guys with great LOLBs (Briggs, AT, Dansby) it might be worth a look to use the sub packages to keep them ON the field.

Maybe I'm at an advantage because I'm used to subbing RBs in and out (with RB, from the play selection screen, if you just started playing today)), but this is really, really basic stuff. By that I mean that no one shouldn't be doing what you're saying. I constantly sub out Gooden and put in Jarret Johnson in nickel sets (79 to 71 difference, plus better coverage). Madden does a ton of stupid things, but this one is so easy to fix that it doesn't annoy me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Maybe I'm at an advantage because I'm used to subbing RBs in and out (with RB, from the play selection screen, if you just started playing today)), but this is really, really basic stuff. By that I mean that no one shouldn't be doing what you're saying. I constantly sub out Gooden and put in Jarret Johnson in nickel sets (79 to 71 difference, plus better coverage). Madden does a ton of stupid things, but this one is so easy to fix that it doesn't annoy me.
I try and stay away from subbing in favor of packages because it allows me easy back and forth, but yes I do agree. When I talked to someone about it, they just didn't know so I figured I'd post what I do.

That said it is commendable that you can find enough carries for all of your backs. It usually takes me a few carries to get into a groove with either Jacobs, Brown, or Bradshaw due to their varying speed and agility. Then again only time I really focus on the other guys is at the end of a game that is out of reach. Don't want to risk injury to Charmin Soft Jacobs.

Wow benching Bradshaw was a great move. He has 4 rushing fumbles on the year, Jacobs had his first yesterday and Andre Brown has 2. Last year I had around 18 lost fumbles. Bringing Tiki Barber in as a coach has really paid off. :p

BigAT

There's a few games remaining, but who knows.

Chargers/Jags
Rams/Seahawks
Jets/Steelers
Chiefs/Titans (is that just peterboy vs. the cpu?)
Bills/Vikings (being played today)

Mrbob

I was playing mostly nickel and dime that game and Thomas is my ROLB so he was in those packages. Fifty you should know that since you had him half the year. :p

My main problem wasn't defense that game. It was all the horrible ints that put my D in terrible position.

That freak pass play and then I get a fumble that goes out of bounds hurt, but so does my line play. :lol Especially when I try to go longer than 2 yards for a pass.

When it was 14 to 7 I had Bennett wide open down the sideline. I rolled around a rusher to get more time. Threw it got clipped at the end to make the ball slightly flutter and it was just enough to overthrow the pass for an int. I hit that pass down the sideline I have an easy 30 yard gain into fg range, and maybe a TD to tie the game. It was an int. Next play his beasting RB busts through 5 of my guys, breaks free and runs for a TD. The only major running play I gave up that game, but it still hurt. Then all of a sudden it is 21 to 7, and the house of cards fell. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
I was playing mostly nickel and dime that game and Thomas is my ROLB so he was in those packages. Fifty you should know that since you had him half the year. :p

My main problem wasn't defense that game. It was all the horrible ints that put my D in terrible position.

That freak pass play and then I get a fumble that goes out of bounds hurt, but so does my line play. :lol Especially when I try to go longer than 2 yards for a pass.

When it was 14 to 7 I had Bennett wide open down the sideline. I rolled around a rusher to get more time. Threw it got clipped at the end to make the ball slightly flutter and it was just enough to overthrow the pass for an int. I hit that pass down the sideline I have an easy 30 yard gain into fg range, and maybe a TD to tie the game. It was an int. Next play his beasting RB busts through 5 of my guys, breaks free and runs for a TD. The only major running play I gave up that game, but it still hurt. Then all of a sudden it is 21 to 7, and the house of cards fell. :lol
Are you serious? Why would anyone do that against me when I pass 15 times a game! I guess it speaks for your D if you only gave up 88 yards with 41 of them coming on BJac beasting.

Mrbob

Yeah it actually was a lot of nickel to be honest. Mainly because I absolutely know there are certain passes I will get burned on running a 4-3. If I can keep the run contained in a nickel I'm sticking with it.

I'm like the real life bears this season, jpick turnovers have just taken a toll. :lol

Mrbob

Btw Welllie you and dskillz still playing L4D2?

I see it is 39.99 at EB right now on 360, I might pick it up.

I'm jonesing to play the game, but I pulled my hammy a couple days ago (Playing madden in pain!) so I can't sit in my PC chair for a long amount of time. My knee can't bend right now how it normally would sitting in the chair and thinking about getting the game on 360 to play for a couple weeks while my leg heals. Comfy couch ftw for once in my life.

DM, NO. I am not buying Modern Warfare 2!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

I'm jonesing to play the game, but I pulled my hammy a couple days ago (Playing madden in pain!) so I can't sit in my PC chair for a long amount of time. My knee can't bend right now how it normally would sitting in the chair and thinking about getting the game on 360 to play for a couple weeks while my leg heals. Comfy couch ftw for once in my life.

DM, NO. I am not buying Modern Warfare 2!
YES! We need more people! We got smoked last time we played. The AI sucks.

Like I said earlier I won't be around Saturday but I am in Sunday outside of when the Giants play. Let's do this!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mrbob said:

We haven't played in a few days, we got to a hard part, lol. Pick it up, having 3 Human players would make for a more fun time! Post when you pick it up!

Sunday is good for me!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:
We haven't played in a few days, we got to a hard part, lol. Pick it up, having 3 Human players would make for a more fun time! Post when you pick it up!
Yo if you are around today I am in. Don't have anything planned for tonight after the gym.

dang you guys are playing LFD2? i might buy it if enough madden players have it. i have a gift card from sears due to a class action settlement.... and i worked there like 10 years ago! bonus!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang you guys are playing LFD2? i might buy it if enough madden players have it. i have a gift card from sears due to a class action settlement.... and i worked there like 10 years ago! bonus!

Is there even enough money in America for a picture of FMT - The Sears Years

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Wow. You finally got that? You were talking about that shit back when I lived in LA.:lol

Smokey

I've had L4D2 from Gamefly since it came out. Haven't had a chance to mess w/ it do to finals etc., but I'm down to play.

Nightz said:
I have L4D2 as well. Realism mode is awesome! :D

I have it as well but I have not played it yet. I didn't play the first one either so I'll be a total noob. It was 34.99 at Best Buy on black Friday so I figured why not.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:

That's what you get for laughing at me for buying it for the 360.. muhahaha

Rorschach

MrBob becoming part of the comfy couch brigade... smh

FrenchMovieTheme said:
They paid you in gift card form? :lol

2nb563q.gif

Rorschach said:
MrBob becoming part of the comfy couch brigade... smh

They paid you in gift card form? :lol

2nb563q.gif

lol they gave me 75% of the settlement in a check form and then 25% in gift card form.

the funny thing is in the signed release it said that we would be paid in those ways, but it said "25% will be paid in Sears $5 gift cards". so i was actually expected to receive 35 $5 gift cards. thankfully it came on one card.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
That's what you get for laughing at me for buying it for the 360.. muhahaha

I double dipped. I will play both versions, L4D2 is so damn good.

PS- I have the game on 360 now too.

Fifty

More non-Madden talk. Heh, this micro-community of ours needs our own forum!

I wasn't that excited about the multiplayer of MW2 (probably because I didn't play MW1 online) ....then I played it.

I got the game free as a buy 2 get 1 free deal at (Canadian) Best Buy. Man..the multiplayer is a blast! I just played my first match, and I did OK. 10 kills and 11 deaths..against level 40+ players. I was level 1.

Not a bad start! Presumably all these nasally-voiced fucks knew the level like the palm of their sweaty hands. Is there a way to silence people in games? I really don't need to hear the moans and groans of these basement-dwellers.

Somnia

I got L4D2 also if anyone wants to play sometime. I have yet to play it though...work has been killing me...well that and this fucking cold that wont go away.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Somnia said:
I got L4D2 also if anyone wants to play sometime. I have yet to play it though...work has been killing me...well that and this fucking cold that wont go away.

If you want to play, Wellie and I are about to start up. Just look for my gamertag. I think you can join mid-game.

Birdman02

GG Smokey. It must be nice to have a running back that can't be tackled. I think Turner finished with about 150 after contact.

It was also nice to see Sproles run over my safety!!

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
GG Smokey. It must be nice to have a running back that can't be tackled. I think Turner finished with about 150 after contact.

It was also nice to see Sproles run over my safety!!

Good game bro.

I do like my RB tandem. Turner was crazy that game with the broken gang tackles, but hey...I'm glad he's on my squad! And I don't think Sproles ran over your guy he just "slipped" off of him. That's where that 90+ elusiveness comes in.

That was a much needed W for me to keep me in the wild card chase, gg.

Ramirez

DenogginizerOS said:
Ramirez,

Any news on when you are available?

I'm probably available tomorrow after 9 EST, otherwise I'm free on Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday. :p

The league doesn't advance tomorrow night does it? I thought I read Sable say he wouldn't be able to play his game til Sat. anyways, and then I check now and see that the week advanced ahead of schedule. :(

Top Bottom