• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Ramirez said:
I'm probably available tomorrow after 9 EST, otherwise I'm free on Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday. :p

The league doesn't advance tomorrow night does it? I thought I read Sable say he wouldn't be able to play his game til Sat. anyways, and then I check now and see that the week advanced ahead of schedule. :(

league advances saturday at 9 pm pst because it advanced tuesday (ahead of schedule anyways).

check the thread every couple days at least guys! the league advanced in 2 days, so its possible that it can happen

Ramirez said:
I'm probably available tomorrow after 9 EST, otherwise I'm free on Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday. :p

The league doesn't advance tomorrow night does it? I thought I read Sable say he wouldn't be able to play his game til Sat. anyways, and then I check now and see that the week advanced ahead of schedule. :(
? Don't think it was me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
GG Smokey. It must be nice to have a running back that can't be tackled. I think Turner finished with about 150 after contact.

It was also nice to see Sproles run over my safety!!
MJD?

L4D2 was tough as balls. We needed one more guy. Story, D, and I just couldn't handle the end of the first campaign. :lol

well, sproles much like an speed RB is very overrated in the game.

but i would rather have speed play a factor (as it obviously does this year) than in some years past where there was NO difference between an 88 speed and a 98 speed.

actually i dont think the speed in itself is the problem, it is the angle that CPU AI takes which causes it to be a factor

Wellington said:
MJD?

L4D2 was tough as balls. We needed one more guy. Story, D, and I just couldn't handle the end of the first campaign. :lol

My first left 4 dead experience and that shit is fucking hectic. I started getting the hang of it after a while but you just don't have much time to react, at all.

Yes, me and Bluemax are supposed to play tomorrow night due to our game locking up late in the 4th quarter.

Astro, if it's a reasonable hour and I'm not too tired, we can play our game right after if you're around.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well, sproles much like an speed RB is very overrated in the game.

but i would rather have speed play a factor (as it obviously does this year) than in some years past where there was NO difference between an 88 speed and a 98 speed.

actually i dont think the speed in itself is the problem, it is the angle that CPU AI takes which causes it to be a factor

Press B and take control of closest defender and make tackle..?

Smokey said:
Press B and take control of closest defender and make tackle..?

even more to my point. it wont help if the defender you are switching to is already out of position (by pursuit i'm not necessarily talking about the 1-on-1 matchup of you Vs. the ball carrier, i'm talking in general about the angles the CPU takes to defend plays).

and on another point, the game does not always switch properly. the only way to stop a speedster is to basically play center field (for all intents and purposes), but even that can be tricky if your defense lets a man leak through and you're chasing a dude with much better speed than a safety to get the tackle

Rorschach

Speed backs are pretty easy because you can just take them out. The bruisers are impossible when they do that stupid fucking gang tackle tackle break animation. While they are breaking out, the rest of the AI gets OUT OF POSITION to tackle him after he gets out. And while he's doing that animation, you can't tackle or touch him until it is completed. The worst is obviously the rookie speed backs that are also super strong.

The rookies on both offense and defense broke the entire fucking roster.

Birdman02

Wellington said:

MJD's problem is that he fumbles way too damn much. Anytime he got in a gang tackle, it was just as/if not more likely that he would fumble rather than break out of the pack. I don't really see that happening with Turner's 99 carry rating. Who in their right mind would trade him...dude is arguably the best player in the game?????

Rorschach said:
Speed backs are pretty easy because you can just take them out. The bruisers are impossible when they do that stupid fucking gang tackle tackle break animation. While they are breaking out, the rest of the AI gets OUT OF POSITION to tackle him after he gets out. And while he's doing that animation, you can't tackle or touch him until it is completed. The worst is obviously the rookie speed backs that are also super strong.

The rookies on both offense and defense broke the entire fucking roster.

what defender broke the roster?

also i haven't seen a pro-tak broken tackle TD since early last season. i don't know if its coincedence or switching over to the tackler and pounding on X but i just dont see it.

but worse than a speed back and a bruiser is both, beanie wells. could not take this fucker down no matter what i did. luckily i dont have to face him again this season and astro doesn't like to run anyways ;)

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
MJD's problem is that he fumbles way too damn much. Anytime he got in a gang tackle, it was just as/if not more likely that he would fumble rather than break out of the pack. I don't really see that happening with Turner's 99 carry rating. Who in their right mind would trade him...dude is arguably the best player in the game?????
He is the second best back in the game... although you could make an argument for 1a and 1b between him and AD.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what defender broke the roster?

also i haven't seen a pro-tak broken tackle TD since early last season. i don't know if its coincedence or switching over to the tackler and pounding on X but i just dont see it.

but worse than a speed back and a bruiser is both, beanie wells. could not take this fucker down no matter what i did. luckily i dont have to face him again this season and astro doesn't like to run anyways ;)
A lot of them. Especially the speedy LBs and defensive linemen. Mack Jackson had 11 fucking tackles in my game without even trying. That's a third of the season total for my leading tackler... IN ONE GAME!

Striker

I'm valuing OL more than running backs lately. Jerome Harrison is your typical speed back on Madden, but overall he isn't as effective as James Davis (despite 86 spd, 91 acc).

Davis has over 600 rushing yards on the season even splitting carries half the time. He would have over 700 easily right now, but the game Crow and I played didn't save, of course. He had 125 through the 4th quarter.

Thomas-Steinbach-Mack-Sears-Grant <3

edit

Hey, Sneed has not broken the game!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id like to point out that BW hasnt been stopped this year. his lowest rushing yardage was this past week. 55 i think. but it was off 11 carries. I was passing all game

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Id like to point out that BW hasnt been stopped this year. his lowest rushing yardage was this past week. 55 i think. but it was off 11 carries. I was passing all game
He's pretty good at breaking tackles. Overrated in that regard, but not as much as Portis! Your beastly OL helps too. :(

BigAT

ph33nix said:
BigAT will you be around tomorrow night?

I'm not sure if I'll be around. I have a long day of tailgating ahead of me tomorrow, so there's a decent chance I might be completely out of it by the time we advance.

Rorschach

Striker said:
I'm valuing OL more than running backs lately. Jerome Harrison is your typical speed back on Madden, but overall he isn't as effective as James Davis (despite 86 spd, 91 acc).

Davis has over 600 rushing yards on the season even splitting carries half the time. He would have over 700 easily right now, but the game Crow and I played didn't save, of course. He had 125 through the 4th quarter.

Thomas-Steinbach-Mack-Sears-Grant <3

edit

Hey, Sneed has not broken the game!
Maybe I should say broken the balance... although, the HB rookies come close to breaking the game. :p

don't get your hopes up on the patch. i'm reading some impressions from the ps3 patch and i don't know if this is going to be the grand fix everyone is waiting for regarding flats.

what i have ready:

- zone D in the flats is better, especially cb's in a cover 2 zone. before, they could bump but then also drop back about 5 yards. they would still technically be in position for a play, but it is the difference between a pick (correct zone) and a stop for a 2 yard gain (pre-patch)

- defensive line play better? people are saying they can get to the qb more consistently. i dont think this is accurate, it may just be a coincedence because they didn't list this as a fix

- still debateable on the angle taking AI. some people say it is improved, others say they dont notice a difference

- they say the run game isn't as herky-jerky.... i don't know

anyways, of course all that people are complaining about is a bunch of single player franchise simmed stats bullshit. i honestly hate the majority of the madden fanbase. fucking morons complain about stupid shit.

guess we'll have to wait until it hits 360 to know for sure

DMczaf

It's hard to take ANY post-patch impressions seriously (especially OS) that are not my own. Most of the time people have a placebo-effect and see things that were never added in a patch.

"Is it just me or are there more broken tackles after the patch?!"

"Is it just me or are there more INTs after the patch!?"

"Is it just me or do I get more erections while playing!?"

etc etc

DMczaf said:
It's hard to take ANY post-patch impressions seriously (especially OS) that are not my own. Most of the time people have a placebo-effect and see things that were never added in a patch.

etc etc

well i take anything they say with a grain of salt. i think they're more concerned about the right colors for the seahawks alt uni's and how many yards a guy runs for in sim stats than actual gameplay.

just trying to lower my expectations so i wont be let down :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
beeeanie has been the man this season.
last game
Wells, B. AT 17 LNG 91 TDS 3 YRDS 195

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Id just like to say i led my troops (Pheeknicks, Hunter, Vidako, RJ Smokey) against some racist fucks in MW2 and crushed their souls repeatedly. Over and over and over. there isnt a better way to get me focused for a round then to talk ignorant shit. the first game i started 9-0 and finished with 30 kills :lol

Smokey

CB3 said:
Id just like to say i led my troops (Pheeknicks, Hunter, Vidako, RJ Smokey) against some racist fucks in MW2 and crushed their souls repeatedly. Over and over and over. there isnt a better way to get me focused for a round then to talk ignorant shit. the first game i started 9-0 and finished with 30 kills :lol

Yeah they were fuckin pieces of shit. I wanted to smash them but I couldn't because my uncle is upstairs sleeping. It was so hard not to get at em, but I tried to hold that shit in.

Made it even better that they got smashed in the game. I love how you can talk shit, and then be straight garBAHGE in the match.

BigAT said:
I'm not sure if I'll be around. I have a long day of tailgating ahead of me tomorrow, so there's a decent chance I might be completely out of it by the time we advance.

Haha well if you happen to become free I'll be here tonight.

make it happen!

We destroyed their bitchasses for quite a few rounds, except that one where we were up likle 6100 to 4000 and they fucking came back, made it 7400-7200, and then we got three straight kills :D (i got the 2nd to last!)

I don't understand some of the logic the simheads have over at OPsports.

"If my stats don't exactly match real life, this game sucks!"

"This shit never happens in real life!" Of course, something similar to what they are complaining about always seems to happen either that season or the next. :lol

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
I don't understand some of the logic the simheads have over at OPsports.

"If my stats don't exactly match real life, this game sucks!"

"This shit never happens in real life!" Of course, something similar to what they are complaining about always seems to happen either that season or the next. :lol
My last game Matty Ice threw for 450 yards 4 TDs and 1 int and went 30-37. Not exactly like the real Matty Ice which is A-OK with me :p

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
My last game Matty Ice threw for 450 yards 4 TDs and 1 int and went 30-37. Not exactly like the real Matty Ice which is A-OK with me :p

DCX
He's talking about simmed offline franchises.

FMT said:
don't get your hopes up on the patch. i'm reading some impressions from the ps3 patch and i don't know if this is going to be the grand fix everyone is waiting for regarding flats.

what i have ready:

- zone D in the flats is better, especially cb's in a cover 2 zone. before, they could bump but then also drop back about 5 yards. they would still technically be in position for a play, but it is the difference between a pick (correct zone) and a stop for a 2 yard gain (pre-patch)

- defensive line play better? people are saying they can get to the qb more consistently. i dont think this is accurate, it may just be a coincedence because they didn't list this as a fix

- still debateable on the angle taking AI. some people say it is improved, others say they dont notice a difference

- they say the run game isn't as herky-jerky.... i don't know

anyways, of course all that people are complaining about is a bunch of single player franchise simmed stats bullshit. i honestly hate the majority of the madden fanbase. fucking morons complain about stupid shit.

guess we'll have to wait until it hits 360 to know for sure

DM said:

etc etc

These two things please me greatly.

LJ11

The only change I've read about that was immediately noticeable was DE contain. Ends stay closer to the OL and don't fan out like they used to. If you kept a DE in contain you were able to slow down flats/drags, because they fanned out quite a bit. You risked throwing an int, especially if the DE had some pass coverage skills, if the DE was in contain. That's gone now. Also read that a contained DE doesn't fuck up on WR screens like he did in the past, he's not as far from the line and doesn't get caught up in the muck.

Ramirez

Well, I'll be able to play tonight at 8:30 EST Denogg, we have to start ASAP otherwise I'll have to play after 10 EST, have to pick the wife up from work at 10. :)

Our house should be completely finished by next week, only appliances left to get in, so I'm not actually living here yet, that's why I don't get the check the thread as often as I'd like.

DMczaf

I like how I'm never given the keys to the league when FMT can't be here to advance.

I'm not saying FMT is racist, I'm just sayin

lol i asked who was going to be here saturday night out of you 4, and fifty was the first to respond!

you're just mad because of what patrick willis did to you. it's not his fault, it's in his nature

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ramirez said:
Well, I'll be able to play tonight at 8:30 EST Denogg, we have to start ASAP otherwise I'll have to play after 10 EST, have to pick the wife up from work at 10. :)

Our house should be completely finished by next week, only appliances left to get in, so I'm not actually living here yet, that's why I don't get the check the thread as often as I'd like.
ok

I've noticed more gameplay fixes than what I expected. Heres 10 things I've noticed so far.

1. Lbs and dbs do cover better in the flats.

2. The trajectory on passes are lower now, so less chance for ints.

3. The qb will hold onto the ball more, thus allowing more sacks by the cpu a.i. and user if skilled so. Also less ints b/c of this fix.

4. Gang tackling seemed better tuned(pro-tak), I can come in now w/ a db, Lb, or safety and finish off tackles better.
Suprised b/c I didn't expect this at all. This could also be b/c of the better pursuit angles is giving more impacts on hits now.

5. Pursuit, its very nice to see D-lineman, Lbs, and dbs really coming from different angles now to stop the Screen passes
( ie. I saw a D-lineman catch me from behind b/c I tried a quick juke on a safety, I've seen Lbs and D-lineman come from the side to keep me from breaking it down the edge).

You really must catch them in a db blitz or engage 8 play to get any good YAC on these plays now.

6. The cpu will stick w/ whats working until you stop it. (ie. running the ball) of course coaching sliders will dictate more of what the teams style will be and they tend to stick to that style more so now.

7. I've noticed less overall cutscenes w/ more replays. I perfer the replays anyway.

8. My qb pass pct is 58-63%, which is about 5% lower than pre-patch.

9. Now these fixes mentioned above has also given me less points scored in games, which is my style anyway.
I used to avg. 32pts per game w/ teams like the Cowboys.
Now its down to about 21-24pts per game. Still the higher scoring games are b/c of defensive td or spteams td.

10. Played the Falcons and they were showing Falcons stat info in the lower part of the screen early in the game. No more Bengals B/s every week.

some impressions from opsports.

Top Bottom