• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
Crow, I can take my beating tomorrow after the Colts game. I'll check the thread.

I'm probably going to watch the Cowboys beat up on the Giants. :p Can you player later on tonight or we could just play during the week. I'll be free for the most part.

LukeSmith

TheCrow said:
I'm probably going to watch the Cowboys beat up on the Giants. :p Can you player later on tonight or we could just play during the week. I'll be free for the most part.

I can play later on tonight, no worries

DCX

DCX
wow...just wow...the magic of EA almost gave FMT that game...i was just laughing the whole 4th quarter. Craziness. VA is a beast, English is the real Tibrow and Mike Cabbytree is doing his best Issac Bruce impression.

GG FMT.

DCX

Birdman02

Striker said:
Birdman,

I can play tomorrow after the Giants/Cowboys game.

After the 49ers win, I'm gonna have to watch the Cards/Vikings game and actually cheer for Brett Favre. I can play after that game, or we can play tomorrow night.

Striker

Birdman02 said:
After the 49ers win, I'm gonna have to watch the Cards/Vikings game and actually cheer for Brett Favre. I can play after that game, or we can play tomorrow night.
OK. I'll be coming back and forth in here.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Damn near everyone is alive for the last wildcard spot.
Yup exactly. I wanna play this Cards-Saints game bad; biggest game of the season for me. Too bad I have to head out of town on business Wed-Fri so unless we advance Tuesday will have to be Friday late or Saturday any time. :/

Then it's on to the Broncos; '72 Dolphins are invited--there will be champagne!

Nightz

sableholic said:
Let me know what time you are available later on. Its too bad the game froze although hopefully there is less turnovers and injuries this go around. Game froze near the start of the fourth in a 14 12 game. Pretty sure bush was going to be out multiple weeks. Also hopefully moore has better hands this time, I can't believe he dropped that wide open bomb.
I'm feeling a bit under the weather, but I can play now if you're around. Otherwise I should be around the rest of the day.

Birdman02

Striker, I'm about to eat dinner with the family and then head home (about a 45 min drive). Should be able to play around 9-9:30 est.

Nightz said:
I'm feeling a bit under the weather, but I can play now if you're around. Otherwise I should be around the rest of the day.
TaKe a break no rush. Going to watch a movie with the wife, maybe after that? So nine thirty ish? If not we have till Wednesday so again no rush

Nightz

sableholic said:
TaKe a break no rush. Going to watch a movie with the wife, maybe after that? So nine thirty ish? If not we have till Wednesday so again no rush
That time works with me. See you then.

DCX said:
wow...just wow...the magic of EA almost gave FMT that game...i was just laughing the whole 4th quarter. Craziness. VA is a beast, English is the real Tibrow and Mike Cabbytree is doing his best Issac Bruce impression.

GG FMT.

DCX

:lol yeah gg that was pretty wild. i was kind of hoping i didn't win after all that cause it would have been bullshit.

i really need to draft some CB's. my cb's just aren't very good opposite nate. offense is fine but much like the real 49ers i can't run so i'm forced to pass, and sometimes mistakes will happen. i don't go through my progressions like i should and it gets me in trouble :(

well i pretty much have to finish a game better than the cards since i know EA will pull out some bullshit to give him the division again if we're tied!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol yeah gg that was pretty wild. i was kind of hoping i didn't win after all that cause it would have been bullshit.

i really need to draft some CB's. my cb's just aren't very good opposite nate. offense is fine but much like the real 49ers i can't run so i'm forced to pass, and sometimes mistakes will happen. i don't go through my progressions like i should and it gets me in trouble :(

well i pretty much have to finish a game better than the cards since i know EA will pull out some bullshit to give him the division again if we're tied!

So do I play the CPU or wait for a replacement on the Titans FMT?

somnia let me see what i can do. dont play it yet, i'll let you know asap

p.s. dcx i dont know what you were doing with your line, but there were times where there was NO ONE inside. im guessing you were fanning them out everytime, but sometimes i would see ALL your D move out. the one run i had i dont think ive seen that much open field in the 2 seasons we've been playing. another time that happened and i got predator tackled on a 4th and 2. i had the first easily and then the DE warps from behind me in superspeed to make the stop and somehow his me from behind and still knock me back (when physics says i should go forward)

kelly james 295 yards, 4 touchdowns

SUCK it jack english!

and i came close but once again choked for the third straight game. ryan grant is a tackle breaking bastard :(

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
somnia let me see what i can do. dont play it yet, i'll let you know asap

p.s. dcx i dont know what you were doing with your line, but there were times where there was NO ONE inside. im guessing you were fanning them out everytime, but sometimes i would see ALL your D move out. the one run i had i dont think ive seen that much open field in the 2 seasons we've been playing. another time that happened and i got predator tackled on a 4th and 2. i had the first easily and then the DE warps from behind me in superspeed to make the stop and somehow his me from behind and still knock me back (when physics says i should go forward)
I was sending the DE to flat protection on times with man D means no one in containment. That was a great game but the ending was crazy.

DCX

ph33nix said:

SUCK it jack english!

and i came close but once again choked for the third straight game. ryan grant is a tackle breaking bastard :(

jack english also had 4 TD's this week, but he added 450 yards passing and about 60 yards rushing ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ph33nix said:

SUCK it jack english!

You can't choke unless you have a lead, you never had a lead against me. You had bad luck, but you didn't choke. Unless you consider losing to me a choke in general, which I'm not sure why since I'm not
bj using the Texans

I was the one who almost choked, I was up two td's and let you back in the game both times we played.

Wait didn't you say you were going to win 5 straight... ok that's the choke job :p

BigAT

GG Pheeniks.

AT ball? Aaron Rodgers, 2 for 2, 103 yards passing. 30 team rushing attempts.

The game's interception logic is so broken and quick to award them that this was somehow not an incomplete pass:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14138988

Even more annoying is that right after I user picked it I held down RB and the ball still popped out. Granted, I probably wouldn't be bitching about it had I recovered the fumble but instead it was a Dolphin TD on the next play.

TheCrow

I have no idea why I can play TF2 and GoW2 with no lag but I can't finish a game of madden. I fixed my nat issues but now I don't know what else I can do. :(

BigAT

LiveWire said:
Not complaining when AJ Hawk gets em though, eh?

Like I said, I wouldn't be complaining if it worked out well for me. In all honesty, I'm not even upset about it, as it didn't affect the outcome of the game at all. I just thought it would make for an interesting demonstration of yet another poor aspect of the Madden engine.

Fifty

How does that reflect poorly on the madden engine? Are you saying it should have been an incompletion instead of a fumbled INT? I can see you having a point there.

BigAT

Fifty said:
How does that reflect poorly on the madden engine? Are you saying it should have been an incompletion instead of a fumbled INT? I can see you having a point there.

Yeah, that was my point. "...that this was somehow not an incomplete pass." If that was a WR attempting that catch on the ball instead of my safety, the game would have ruled it an incomplete pass. The only reason it was ruled a catch-fumble instead of an incomplete is because of my player was on defense and not offense, when it should obviously be called the same way regardless of the position of the player attempting it.

Fifty

Not to start a fight, AT, but why did you only pass TWICE with Aaron Rodgers? This is such a confusing box score.

The funny thing is in those TWO passes you managed 103 yards..yet you never threw again?

You ran 32 times for only 136 yards. It wasn't like the run was working. I'm just confused.

Pheeniks didn't call foul, and I don't think you've done this in the past..I'm basically just wondering why you never wanted to pass after two passes for an average of 50+ yards.

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
I can't believe you missed that FG, bluemax. Just a crazy game from the start

My kick is terrible and I have a tendency to shank punts and kicks all the time, sigh. You tried to hand that game to me 3 times in the 4th and my offense just wouldn't oblige.

Stephens with another back breaking KRUMBLE and LeRon with another tide turning fumble.

I feel ill right now.

Fifty said:
Not to start a fight, AT, but why did you only pass TWICE with Aaron Rodgers? This is such a confusing box score.

The funny thing is in those TWO passes you managed 103 yards..yet you never threw again?

You ran 32 times for only 136 yards. It wasn't like the run was working. I'm just confused.

Pheeniks didn't call foul, and I don't think you've done this in the past..I'm basically just wondering why you never wanted to pass after two passes for an average of 50+ yards.

well when i had the ball in the first half i had a lot of clock eating drives. kelly james was on fire. i could see why he was running a lot, he wanted to keep it away, and ryan grant is a bastard that could not be brought down.

BigAT

Fifty said:

I came into the game planning to run the ball more I normally would after looking over Pheeniks' roster and seeing how poor his front seven were and the fact that I'm not passing nearly as well this season as I was last (12 INTs already, far too many for me). I had never planned to as much as I did, but I had no reason to switch things up the way it was going in the game. You say it was "only" 140 yards, but I ran it at a 4.66 YPC average for the entire game (I'm taking out two kneel downs by Rodgers that ended the game) and the yardage was consistent the entire time, to the point that my offense was stopped just a single time the entire game and I had no reason to change things up.

The high yardage per pass was just a result of Pheeniks having to load the box completely. Could I have gone to the pass more? I suppose, but I had no real reason to.

The crazy thing is that the time of possession was still basically even, 20:13 to 19:47.

Edit: Also, nice change to the commissioner's note.

Nightz

sableholic said:
Actually I apologize I won't be able to do tonight. Sorry for the short notice/wasting your time. We'll have to get our game in some other night.
No problem man. I'll be around tomorrow night if you're available.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
I have no idea why I can play TF2 and GoW2 with no lag but I can't finish a game of madden. I fixed my nat issues but now I don't know what else I can do. :(
Did you contact your network admin?

Striker

GG Bird.

I couldn't do shit offensively in the first half. Kind of bit me later.

On behalf of Patch 2, the AI still takes awful angles. Ugh.

Rorschach

Striker said:
GG Bird.

I couldn't do shit offensively in the first half. Kind of bit me later.

On behalf of Patch 2, the AI still takes awful angles. Ugh.
PS3 version? Patch for 360 isn't out 'till next week. [edit] Well, technically this week.. :p Expected around Tuesday supposedly.

Striker

Oh, I take back those words, then. :lol

The outside runs, really. Nothing bad Bird did, but I would take control of a LB, chase to contain his approach, he'll cut inside and my other LB and Safety would just take a bad, unnatural angle and against a speed guy, won't match up well at all.

Top Bottom