• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
I do this too. I'll wait for the snap and run back to try to take out a gunner. No one has complained yet (at least not to me), so I thought it was ok. I wonder if people would complain more if I moved my guy pre-snap.

If they gave us the option to have 2 guys back on punt return (like some teams occasionally do), it wouldn't be necessary.

I think controlling someone after the snap is fine. I'm really not a fan of allowing people to move someone back there presnap though and I don't think it should be allowed (if it is now). Punt coverage is atrocious enough as it is, without a second guy back there to plow the way it becomes ridiculous.

I just got through playing a ranked game online trying out the new patch. My opponent was able to effectively use passes to the flats and HB tosses throughout the entire game. It was with the Vikings and AP though, so maybe the changes are noticeable against non godlike running backs, but I certainly did not sense them.

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
I do this too. I'll wait for the snap and run back to try to take out a gunner. No one has complained yet (at least not to me), so I thought it was ok. I wonder if people would complain more if I moved my guy pre-snap.

If they gave us the option to have 2 guys back on punt return (like some teams occasionally do), it wouldn't be necessary.

I think PR Safe has two guys back there.

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
I think PR Safe has two guys back there.

Really? I'll have to check that out. I've never noticed it before...or is that the one where the return team basically plays zone defense instead of actually blocking anyone?

Rorschach

I can't really judge after one game, but this is what happened in it:

-HB flats are still not that well covered
-Pursuit angles seem better. Because of this, sweeps are no longer automatic and LBs turn their backs to the play a lot less.
-HB screens are easier to defend (now I'm not the only one that can defend them :()
-Zones are not better covered that I've noticed.
-MOAR FUMBLEZ from big hits (there were 7 in ours...)
-One of my players finally got a half sack :O

Anyone want a game?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I might as well stop playing if fumbles have gotten worse :lol I can't imagine Slaton after the patch now.

Rorschach

Matrix: Cover Ball! :p

Fifty said:
You guys had 7 fumbles in one game? Jesus Christ..
Yeah. Usually, DM and I have like 2 a game because of the way we play, but this time it seemed every time we laid down the wood cleanly, it was a fumble. I had two WR fumbles that wouldn't even have been called catches in the NFL. :(

It was just one game, though. I want to play some more to see if these things are consistent.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ugh... I roll with a back with 95 CAR and my backup is 96 CAR and they still fumble a ton. This is not good news.

With two more wins I should be able to lock up a playoff spot. Unfortunately I have Luke, Birdman, BigAT, DM, and Matrix.... ugh. :|

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
I can't really judge after one game, but this is what happened in it:

-HB flats are still not that well covered
-Pursuit angles seem better. Because of this, sweeps are no longer automatic and LBs turn their backs to the play a lot less.
-HB screens are easier to defend (now I'm not the only one that can defend them :()
-Zones are not better covered that I've noticed.
-MOAR FUMBLEZ from big hits (there were 7 in ours...)
-One of my players finally got a half sack :O

Anyone want a game?
Fuck that shit. Hit stick fumbles were already ridiculous. I hate playing the top
tier people in this league because you guys were already killer with the hit stick. Now it's just going to be nightmarish.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
MOAR FUMBLEZ from big hits (there were 7 in ours...)

5652wink4.gif

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Ugh... I roll with a back with 95 CAR and my backup is 96 CAR and they still fumble a ton. This is not good news.

With two more wins I should be able to lock up a playoff spot. Unfortunately I have Luke, Birdman, BigAT, DM, and Matrix.... ugh. :|

I'm excited to go 6-10 and enjoy the spoils of a top 10 pick this year. You'll be fine.

Peyton needs some new toys for his farewell tour

Rorschach

Guys, don't take those comments for granted. Like I said, it was ONE GAME. I need to play further to back those things up.

LukeSmith said:
Peyton needs some new toys for his farewell tour
Is he going to Oakland? :O

Nightz

GG DM. Your defense scares me. You completely shut out my run game. :( With the amount of passes I had to take I made too many mistakes, especially when I was close to the endzone, and I deserved to lose that game. Time to tank the rest of the season.

Oh, I love this fix by the Madden team:
* Extended time in post-play to allow those scenes to fully play out
So I was down by 3 at the end of the game with 23 seconds to go, no timeouts. I complete a long pass to Chris Henry to DM's 31 yard line and I'm immediately holding the B button to spike the ball. Instead of having my team hurry to the line of scrimmage, the game decides to take a closeup of Chris Henry for a good 3-5 seconds. My team finally goes to the line, Carson Palmer gets the ball with 2 seconds left and time runs out as he spikes it. Chris Henry is a curse I tell you! :lol

DCX

DCX
GG Q, our games are usually back and forth and generally close...i thought we was heading into OT..again if it wasn't for that long pass to Douglas on third and long. I just cannot stop your ground game..id pull a BigAT and just run all game and throw twice :lol

You team has so many play makers that break tackles it makes it hard to play any type of man. The only thing that helped me was i was betting big on the play action from all the running and hoping my new attacking D can get there and they did, five times...all of which were on PA except one i believe.

Well, Ryan had a shaky game. Two picks and threw sub 60% for the first time in a while. LT did very good for his carries this game including what amounted to be the game winning 31 yard rush to take the lead under a minute to go. What's funny is i was just trying to get into position for a FG, the sea parted though. GG bro.

Still alive for a wild card.

DCX

Smokey

dcx said:
Well, Ryan had a shaky game. Two picks and threw sub 60% for the first time in a while. LT did very good for his carries this game including what amounted to be the game winning 31 yard rush to take the lead under a minute to go. What's funny is i was just trying to get into position for a FG, the sea parted though. GG bro.

exceeeelllennnnt

Nightz said:
GG DM. Your defense scares me. You completely shut out my run game. :( With the amount of passes I had to take I made too many mistakes, especially when I was close to the endzone, and I deserved to lose that game. Time to tank the rest of the season.

Oh, I love this fix by the Madden team:

So I was down by 3 at the end of the game with 23 seconds to go, no timeouts. I complete a long pass to Chris Henry to DM's 31 yard line and I'm immediately holding the B button to spike the ball. Instead of having my team hurry to the line of scrimmage, the game decides to take a closeup of Chris Henry for a good 3-5 seconds. My team finally goes to the line, Carson Palmer gets the ball with 2 seconds left and time runs out as he spikes it. Chris Henry is a curse I tell you! :lol

the problem with DM is he makes you play HIS game. i went into my game with him saying "i'm going to push the tempo like a motherfucker on him!" but you can't. i dont know how the fuck he does it but before you know it you're in a fucking defensive slugfest where you feel lucky to get a first down and if you give him any points it feels like he took the entire quarter to do it.

i know your game DM!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the problem with DM is he makes you play HIS game. i went into my game with him saying "i'm going to push the tempo like a motherfucker on him!" but you can't. i dont know how the fuck he does it but before you know it you're in a fucking defensive slugfest where you feel lucky to get a first down and if you give him any points it feels like he took the entire quarter to do it.

i know your game DM!

5525_2763_snake-bites-face.jpg

Striker

I'm on. Had to lol at Pittsburgh.

I'm setting up my depth chart now. It's reset because I tried messing around with it on Maddens' web site.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

i know your game DM!

This isn't how my game against him played out at all. I pretty much owned him in the first half on defense and was doing what I wanted on offense. Then in the second half my offense slowed down and DM started moving the ball by passing (4 wides pass it to the slot man, just like every other asshole in this league). The fourth quarter he tried to hand the game to me but I decided to choke it away. 68 points is not a slug fest. You just need a good d line to wreck DM's weak O line.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
This isn't how my game against him played out at all. I pretty much owned him in the first half on defense and was doing what I wanted on offense. Then in the second half my offense slowed down and DM started moving the ball by passing (4 wides pass it to the slot man, just like every other asshole in this league). The fourth quarter he tried to hand the game to me but I decided to choke it away. 68 points is not a slug fest. You just need a good d line to wreck DM's weak O line.
Dude, it's Christmas time..a bit harsh :D

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bluemax said:
then in the second half my offense slowed down and DM started moving the ball by passing (4 wides pass it to the slot man, just like every other asshole in this league).

:lol

LukeSmith

bluemax said:

because corners are overpowered? because wideouts where you put up a jump ball are at a disadvantage because of FMTs anti-user catch facism? There has to be a reason why the slot is popular, right?

gg story. i should have taken a TO on that 2 point attempt but didn't want to waste it!

fucking crabtree dropping 2 crucial passes. then on the screen i had blue skies ahead and he just kind of stood there and i couldn't move him :(

welp, there goes the division. horrible performance by my defense overall i couldn't get stops. it was the rams awful receivers vs. my horrible CB's, and the receivers won this time!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg story. i should have taken a TO on that 2 point attempt but didn't want to waste it!

fucking crabtree dropping 2 crucial passes. then on the screen i had blue skies ahead and he just kind of stood there and i couldn't move him :(

welp, there goes the division. horrible performance by my defense overall i couldn't get stops. it was the rams awful receivers vs. my horrible CB's, and the receivers won this time!

GG FMT. I went for 2 because I haven't had very much luck in OT so I figured I was either going to lose or win in regulation.

I've noticed the flats are still somewhat effective but the defenders close a lot quicker so the YAC is limited now which is a whole lot better than it was.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

fucking crabtree dropping 2 crucial passes.
then on the screen i had blue skies ahead and he just kind of stood there and i couldn't move him :(

2557v2u.jpg

Matrix

So does anyone want to play me or do I face the Titans cpu?

texans-fans.jpg

crabtree had 2 receptions for 4 yards.... because he lost like 8 yards on the screen play that was a free TD!

also, i hate playing in the damn rain in this game. receivers slipping, easily pushed around, fumbles.... i just dont like it!

dang i pretty much have to win out to have any shot at the playoffs or hope for some help from my buddies who play the cards. FROM MY BUDDIES WHO PLAY THE CARDS! (just like in real life!)

Matrix

I'm not scared of you Rors....

LETS GO!
DwightStripSquare.gif

Rorschach

WTF? I thought you were exaggerating. You really did lose the division. WTF, FMT? I thought it was gonna be a Bay Area Reunion Bowl?

[edit] OK, Matrix!

Striker

GG Pheenicks.

Five drops on the day, one being a TD for Massaqoui. Never really made big plays on either side of the ball. Ronnie Brown killed me, Ted Ginn was ice in the slot, and Greg Camrillo's catch made me believe it wasn't going to happen. :lol :\

Matrix

Just got to download this patch first.

I'll send the invite when ready.

I'm also nuts, this is a L all the way :D

Top Bottom