• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ramirez said:
You can say we have high passing yards, but the vast majority of the league throws way more INTs than TDs. Some are due to poor reads, sure, but others are simply because the CB runs routes better than the WRs.

Pft. Look at Donovans stats. I only have 5 or 6 int's the whole year and i know atleast 2 of those are from the lame duck ball being picked off by a DL

Mrbob

EA better give us the ability to do zone adjustment with Madden 11. This is what makes it infuriating to try and play zone coverage on short plays. You can do a crossing route on 3rd and 5 and you are guaranteed to get the completion for a first down because the defenders will always drop back at least 6 yards or more. Your only hope is if the WR drops the ball. A halfway decent WR will catch the ball, hold onto it taking a hit nearly every time.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
EA better give us the ability to do zone adjustment with Madden 11. This is what makes it infuriating to try and play zone coverage on short plays. You can do a crossing route on 3rd and 5 and you are guaranteed to get the completion for a first down because the defenders will always drop back at least 6 yards or more. Your only hope is if the WR drops the ball. A halfway decent WR will catch the ball, hold onto it taking a hit nearly every time.

or you could bring your guys up to the line and control a Safety or LB over the middle.

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:
I am going to broadcast Somnia and my game on Ustream. Hopefully when it is time for the playoffs and super bowl others will do the same so we all can check it out. The URL will be - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ncaa-rose-bowl

Partially I want to see how many people can view the game without there being any problems.
When is it going live?

AstroLad said:
Serious bummer; they will be missed!
Thanks, but it won't really. It caused more hurting of the butt than enjoyment.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Somnia says he is available at 11 Central. I will post 15 minutes before we get ready to rumble.

For anyone else thinking of doing it, you set up a ustream account, hook a webcam to your PC or laptop and there you go. Come up with a better name for your stream than I did, lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
Somnia, go on AIM and take your time picking your plays, so that I can tell you exactly what Dskillz is running.

The resolution isn't that good on this. You can't see what plays people are picking.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ps sable let me know when you wanna play tom. morning. i'll get up special just for it but let me know b/c i get in at 1 or 2 tonight and i'm just going to sleep in otherwise and we can play around 11 or noonish est or later. dankie.

BigAT

People really cried about the power rankings? All the more reason to ream them out some more. Weak, those were really enjoyable and will be missed.

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:
The resolution isn't that good on this. You can't see what plays people are picking.
Maybe you can set up a black bar over the playbooks. I saw some guy set up a black bar to hide his beta number when he was Ustreaming a private beta.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
People really cried about the power rankings? All the more reason to ream them out some more. Weak, those were really enjoyable and will be missed.

hope it wasn't my faux ranting of being at the bottom of the rankings :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Pretty sure going for it on 4th and three in the second quarter in a tie game is not sim league especially if the person calls a timeout to save clock and gets into a FG block formation.

Lonestar

Of a Tie game inside the 10 yard line with a minute left in the half and you get the ball to start the 2nd half, and I had already fumbled and punted the ball, and had trouble stopping you, and my run game was miserable, so points were going to be hard to come by, and you had knocked out Brady for the rest of the game on that play...but hey, you called the TO and picked a play before I picked the formation.

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Of a Tie game inside the 10 yard line with a minute left in the half and you get the ball to start the 2nd half, and I had already fumbled and punted the ball, and had trouble stopping you, and my run game was miserable, so points were going to be hard to come by, and you had knocked out Brady for the rest of the game on that play...but hey, you called the TO and picked a play before I picked the formation.
The ball was further out than that and you could have at least called a timeout to allow me to get out of that. There was no reason to run that play when you knew I was expecting you to kick.

Mrbob

I guess you could say denogg should have waited for you to pick your play before calling his defense, but I think what you did is a bit shady by calling an offensive play after he picked FG formation.

I probably would have done the same thing in that situation automatically calling a fg block, considering its 4th and 3 in the 2nd quarter.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
The ball was further out than that and you could have at least called a timeout to allow me to get out of that. There was no reason to run that play when you knew I was expecting you to kick.

You never EVER pick a defense until you know what the offense is going to run. Why should I call a TO to hurt myself in that situation?

And actually I never saw his formation, so I'm not really sure who picked first. Once it went to the game screen it didn't look like a FG block, as CB's were on my outside WR's.

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
You never EVER pick a defense until you know what the offense is going to run. Why should I call a TO to hurt myself in that situation?
C'mon, man. I know that. But in that circumstance, I had no reason to think you would kick a FG. In real life, a coach sees a kicker coming on the field and can make an adjustment even after the FG defense is sent in. Again, you knew that and would have lost nothing by calling a timeout.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
C'mon, man. I know that. But in that circumstance, I had no reason to think you would kick a FG. In real life, a coach sees a kicker coming on the field and can make an adjustment even after the FG defense is sent in. Again, you knew that and would have lost nothing by calling a timeout.

I don't know, never tried audibling out of a FG block, so it can't be done? And like I said, it didn't look like a FG block, exactly. But hey, you quit the game, I didn't continue, so the game doesn't exist. We can play later, I'll just let you win because that's what you want, and that'll be the end of it.

AFC East drama! Where you at LJ you fucking cheeser?

16aa0co.jpg

ps cant wait for part II of jets-dolphins denog!

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
I don't know, never tried audibling out of a FG block, so it can't be done? And like I said, it didn't look like a FG block, exactly. But hey, you quit the game, I didn't continue, so the game doesn't exist. We can play later, I'll just let you win because that's what you want, and that'll be the end of it.
I want to win legitimately just as you should. We have had hard-fought games in the past that ended in both of our favors. Let's just shake hands and move on and play this game. Bygones.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I want to win legitimately. Just as you should. We have had hard-fought games in the past that ended in both of our favors. Let's just shake hands and move on and play this game. Bygones.

Why? Went by the rules established, unless there's a verifiable area on the field that is "no mans land"

I could have given up 14 points to you before I had gotten the ball back, versus 3 on the Field Goal.

I'm going to try back for the miami playbook, because I like a couple of the formations to run out of and have a chance of more than 1 yard runs (and I'm not just talking about the NerfCat)

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Why? Went by the rules established, unless there's a verifiable area on the field that is "no mans land"

I could have given up 14 points to you before I had gotten the ball back, versus 3 on the Field Goal.

I'm going to try back for the miami playbook, because I like a couple of the formations to run out of and have a chance of more than 1 yard runs (and I'm not just talking about the NerfCat)
Would you prefer I sign out and you play the CPU? Your call.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Would you prefer I sign out and you play the CPU? Your call.

No, I just don't want to play tonight. Let me sleep this off, and we'll go sometime tomorrow.

Just saying, you had a whole nother half to laugh your way to the bank with Bradyless Football.

I wonder what I would have done...gone with Orton, or try to play FULL ON Tibrow.

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
No, I just don't want to play tonight. Let me sleep this off, and we'll go sometime tomorrow.

Just saying, you had a whole nother half to laugh your way to the bank with Bradyless Football.

I wonder what I would have done...gone with Orton, or try to play FULL ON Tibrow.
I am limited tomorrow due to my daughter's birthday. If I can't make it, I will sign out.

Look on the brightside. Brady is not hurt.

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
I am limited tomorrow due to my daughter's birthday. If I can't make it, I will sign out.

Look on the brightside. Brady is not hurt.

Happy Birthday to your Daughter. Mines on Monday. Heisman's tomorrow too.

But I want to watch the Madden Superish Bowl on Ustream. So maybe afterwards.

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
Happy Birthday to your Daughter. Mines on Monday. Heisman's tomorrow too.

But I want to watch the Madden Superish Bowl on Ustream. So maybe afterwards.
If we advance tomorrow, I will not be able to play. You sure we can't get this in right now?

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
If we advance tomorrow, I will not be able to play. You sure we can't get this in right now?

Fine....

Hope someone records this thing, if we aren't done before then.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I cannot believe the game that was just played.

Luke gameplanned so well it felt like a chess match the whole time, what a stellar game. After Mack went down the D fucking let up a little.

Fucking amazing game.

----
Anyway, is it me or did the patch turn injuries way the fuck up? I swear I lost almost all of my offense at some point this game.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I cannot believe the game that was just played.

Luke gameplanned so well it felt like a chess match the whole time, what a stellar game. After Mack went down the D fucking let up a little.

Fucking amazing game.

Anyway, is it me or did the patch turn injuries way the fuck up? I swear I lost almost all of my offense at some point this game.

Great game. My defense wilted after their leader dropped.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think the game is screwed up stats tracking wise. Luke converted multiple third and 1s and third and 2s and the game says he was only 1/6 on 3rd down conversions. That is totally incorrect.

romo down for the count!

dang, fumble on the punt. fair catch people!

p.s. dskillz are you scaling back your playcalling? on D i've only seen you the nickle formation all game and one time in dime. on offense ive only seen you in one formation all game!

Top Bottom