• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So whoooo I get to face the Titans this week....ummmm cpu time?

DCX

DCX
I'd be pissed, but then again hey teh internet rulz all. So no go tonight i assume for Q, so tomorrow it is :(

DCX

TheCrow

no injuries woot!!!

Peterboy, I probably won't be able to play tonight but I'll let you know if that changes. I should be free the rest of the days.

edit: and wtf at Derek Anderson starting. No wonder I lost. This means Jake Scott is still undefeated. :D

PBY

Banned
TheCrow said:
no injuries woot!!!

Peterboy, I probably won't be able to play tonight but I'll let you know if that changes. I should be free the rest of the days.

edit: and wtf at Derek Anderson starting. No wonder I lost. This means Jake Scott is still undefeated. :D
no worries man i can't play tonight at all- finals week

Good game matrix, sorry i couldn't give you a more interesting game, quite frankly i suck at this game

TheCrow

peterb0y said:

Good game matrix, sorry i couldn't give you a more interesting game, quite frankly i suck at this game

Same here but I'm glad most of my finals are just papers and I only have about 2 1/2 exams. If you have aim add me(GAFTheCrow) so we can work out a time. If not just give me some times that work for you.

LukeSmith said:
MJD 194 yards rushing - retarded, I'd never have given him the ball that much.

:lol

smh

edit: I don't feel bad about the loss. Luke played great and our games could have gone either way. I would have preferred that my rookie mlb actually got on the field but at least the cpu broncos put up a fight.

Birdman02

Fifty said:
Oh yeah, and CPU Indy beat previously undefeated CPU Denver in a battle of owners with dial-up modems!

Dammit!!

Rors, I can play now if you're still around. I was still thinking the advance was at 11 central. I'll go sign into live, so msg me there if you wanna play.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
peterb0y said:

GG, no problem. It also doesn't help you're stuck with a beyond awful team.

Fifty

Are you fucking kidding me?! The game locks up with LJ about to run the clock down and get the win. We played asap. I lost. He played the better game and deserved the win. At least Keller had 2 TDs. I was all ready to move on to the next game and be content with probably miss the playoffs. I haven't had a freeze in ages. I guess I'll sign out and let LJ beat the helpless CPU. Now I'll get no win, and no stats that matter. Real Fucking Fun.

I had to reboot my system (not that this freeze was its fault) and now I'm going to sign out of the league temporarily so that LJ can rape the CPU and I'll give FMT his commish title back.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Whew. another thriller in OT. I feel like i got a target on my head, you guys are playing me real tough lately. Fucking fumble city for my team today

Matrix

CB3 said:
Whew. another thriller in OT. I feel like i got a target on my head, you guys are playing me real tough lately. Fucking fumble city for my team today

This would have been the perfect time for me to play you :(

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:

If I had had any semblance of an offense outside of that last drive I would've won despite being thoroughly out gained. Damn what a frustrating set of 3 games, all winnable.

Fifty

Ah..the game did go through. Maybe the lockup WAS on my end and he was able to play the CPU for 3 minutes. I'm happy that at least MY stats recorded and he got the win he earned.

LJ11

Fifty said:
Are you fucking kidding me?! The game locks up with LJ about to run the clock down and get the win. We played asap. I lost. He played the better game and deserved the win. At least Keller had 2 TDs. I was all ready to move on to the next game and be content with probably miss the playoffs. I haven't had a freeze in ages. I guess I'll sign out and let LJ beat the helpless CPU. Now I'll get no win, and no stats that matter. Real Fucking Fun.

I had to reboot my system (not that this freeze was its fault) and now I'm going to sign out of the league temporarily so that LJ can rape the CPU and I'll give FMT his commish title back.

I finished against the CPU, no problems on my end. Gave me the W and stats. Good game, I was not expecting Keller to be that good, I can't deal with speed backs. That TD to Clayton near the end of the half was nuts. I had the seam between the safety and the corner covered and you still threaded the pass between two guys.

Edit: Antonio Smith caught up in sacks. Nice job Somnia.

Birdman02

GG Rors. I hit the wrong button one time in that game, and it lead to the game winning TAINT. It really hurt to lose Addai after his first carry. I really like Moore as a change of pace back, but I don't trust him enough to run it inside.

Ramirez

Fifty said:

Don't worry, we're still tied.

I knew I would lose, would have liked it to have been not as bad, but oh well. I knew it would play out like this before I even booted the game up. :lol

Game lets him throw back to back picks and Polamalu drops both, but everyone on his team has glue on their hands, well played!

Also, DCX should have been booted from the league for trading Turner, or at least contacted me first. ;)

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
GG Rors. I hit the wrong button one time in that game, and it lead to the game winning TAINT. It really hurt to lose Addai after his first carry. I really like Moore as a change of pace back, but I don't trust him enough to run it inside.
GG. One of the few hit sticks I land and it's with one of my best hitters on Addai. What luck!

I thought I was going to pay for being too stubborn and conservative on that third down.

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
GG. One of the few hit sticks I land and it's with one of my best hitters on Addai. What luck!

I thought I was going to pay for being too stubborn and conservative on that third down.

I got really lucky that my safety got through without getting blocked or else you would've been running for a long time.

I think Moore could've scored on that last screen pass (that shouldn't even have been completed), but his momentum took him out of bounds after he slid off your safety. Would have been a tough decision on the extra point!

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
I got really lucky that my safety got through without getting blocked or else you would've been running for a long time.

I think Moore could've scored on that last screen pass (that shouldn't even have been completed), but his momentum took him out of bounds after he slid off your safety. Would have been a tough decision on the extra point!
The momentum was from the grazing hit stick. At least it did something! :lol

Smokey

Ramirez said:
Don't worry, we're still tied.

I knew I would lose, would have liked it to have been not as bad, but oh well. I knew it would play out like this before I even booted the game up. :lol

Game lets him throw back to back picks and Polamalu drops both, but everyone on his team has glue on their hands, well played!

Also, DCX should have been booted from the league for trading Turner, or at least contacted me first. ;)

I understand..I had one of these games against the Raiders last week. Absolutely horrible and almost caused me to throw my controller at the wall. I think I ended up w/ 7 TOs 4 of which were fucking fumbles.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
I understand..I had one of these games against the Raiders last week. Absolutely horrible and almost caused me to throw my controller at the wall. I think I ended up w/ 7 TOs 4 of which were fucking fumbles.
Nah, you had 4 ints and if you didn't dance around so much, you would have had less fumbles. I understand with Turner and Sproles, but with your slow ass FB in the flats vs a 96 hitter? You're asking for a hit stick.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Nah, you had 4 ints and if you didn't dance around so much, you would have had less fumbles. I understand with Turner and Sproles, but with your slow ass FB in the flats vs a 96 hitter? You're asking for a hit stick.

He wasn't in the flats dude was on the sidelines when i hit him as my last option. I avoided the first tackler and then that's when oh buddy came and put on the whammy. Ok so that was my fault. BUT I wasn't dancing when I got a INT, then the LB fucking fumbles it right back. I wasn't dancing when Turner got the ball straight stripped from him damn near in the backfield.One of those fumbles you could say were my fault, the others were bullshit Madden laughing in my face.

That game right there really almost caused me to have a CB3 2.0 episode.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
He wasn't in the flats dude was on the sidelines when i hit him as my last option. I avoided the first tackler and then that's when oh buddy came and put on the whammy. Ok so that was my fault. BUT I wasn't dancing when I got a INT, then the LB fucking fumbles it right back. I wasn't dancing when Turner got the ball straight stripped from him damn near in the backfield.One of those fumbles you could say were my fault, the others were bullshit Madden laughing in my face.

That game right there really almost caused me to have a CB3 2.0 episode.
I contend that you were dancing with Turner on that short yardage situation, but let's say you weren't. That's two fumbles. I had the same number. What really turned the tide was the INTs.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
I contend that you were dancing with Turner on that short yardage situation, but let's say you weren't. That's two fumbles. I had the same number. What really turned the tide was the INTs.

ok, that's fair.

in that case i still feel for ram b/c he had that same type of game as me and it's oh so painful.

so painful in fact, that this is the 1st time you and i have even talked about it. i just decided to act like that game didn't exist and just moved the fuck around:lol

so late gg!

Matrix

CB3 said:
i had 3 fumbled in the Redzone against bluemax and still pulled it off. fuckers

Fluke games shouldn't count.

Matrix

Damn right I do :lol

daw840

Livewire. I should be available this evening some time. Not really sure when though. If you see me on live, send me a message.

Rorschach

I'll be around after 4 PST if anyone wants to scrim to test out the new patch!

The first one we made is adding an initial move to the RB on the HB direct snap plays so he can’t immediately take off after receiving the snap. We also forced a QB drop initial move to force him to set up for a pass on Shotgun play action plays when you canceled the play action by hot routing the running back. This will keep the QB from being able to take off running right after getting the snap.
Ho ho, Pats fans.

Ramirez said:
Is there an official list of fixes?
I haven't seen the final list since they link to a post from october that says "THIS LIST IS NOT FINAL" or something to that effect.

[edit] here: http://insideblog.easports.com/pages/madden-nfl-10-2nd-title-update-preliminary-details.aspx

Here's the Pastapadre breakdown list, but it's not complete:
* Improvements in covering of the flats
* Improved pursuit angles
* CPU takes sacks more often instead of the last second throws while getting hit
* Worked on eliminating various exploits such as with the RB Direct Snap
* Fixing of problems caused by first patch such as black squares for numbers on some helmets
* Addition of Seahawks alternate uniforms
* Tribute sticker for Steve McNair added to Titans helmets
* Tribute sticker for Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson added to Eagles helmets
* Doubled the length of replays
* Increased frequency of auto-replays especially after touchdowns
* Reduced the number of times the chain-gang measurement scene occurs
* Extended time in post-play to allow those scenes to fully play out
* Stats tuned for franchise mode
* Decreased chances of injury for players with high injury ratings
* Included each player’s draft info to be viewable in franchise

BigAT

Another change is not allowing the user to be able to move any front line players forward on kickoffs to keep them from being able to actually block the kickoff.

What the hell, this was possible?

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
What the hell, this was possible?
They mean returning team, i see this in our league games especially on punts , mofos would take on of the up men and move him in place to help assist on the blocking, i think that should be banned from league play but no one has bitched i guess..

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
They mean returning team, i see this in our league games especially on punts , mofos would take on of the up men and move him in place to help assist on the blocking, i think that should be banned from league play but no one has bitched i guess..

DCX
They mean kickoff returns. It was a glitch. This is why we play in leagues instead of with random douchebags. Most of us didn't even know about it!

bluemax

Banned
Also CB that delay of game penalty I got was crap. I think my controller might be dying or something as on that play I was stuck on the hot route menu and nothing I pressed would make it go away. I was furiously mashing A and the ball wouldn't snap. Good thing it didn't end up hurting me.

My right trigger kept jamming later on when playing MW2. Might be time to switch to my other controller.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BTW Luke and I will be playing Saturday at some point. I have to be up early for work (5 EST) and by the time he gets out of work I'm already in a deep sleep.

DCX said:

DCX

no they dont. they mean on kickoffs, as the receiving team, you could take one of the front line blockers and "block" the kickoff so you would basically get the ball there they kicked it.

LJ11

DCX said:

DCX

I block gunners all the time. If people are allowed to take control of gunners and move them around, then why shouldn't it be the same for the guys blocking the gunners. It's risky anyway, because if you miss the gunner/block, by the time you switch to the returner you won't have enough time to fair catch. It's happened to me quite often.

Nightz

So can you view draft info in online franchise now? They just mentioned "franchise" without specifying if that included online as well.

Birdman02

LJ11 said:
I block gunners all the time. If people are allowed to take control of gunners and move them around, then why shouldn't it be the same for the guys blocking the gunners. It's risky anyway, because if you miss the gunner/block, by the time you switch to the returner you won't have enough time to fair catch. It's happened to me quite often.

I do this too. I'll wait for the snap and run back to try to take out a gunner. No one has complained yet (at least not to me), so I thought it was ok. I wonder if people would complain more if I moved my guy pre-snap.

If they gave us the option to have 2 guys back on punt return (like some teams occasionally do), it wouldn't be necessary.

Top Bottom