• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

lions%20peterman%20cart%20ankle%20mears1.jpg

ds you should have blitzed the shit out of him on that final 3rd down, what did you have to lose?

also, when you completed that pass inside the 5 with about 2:24 left you should have done a hurry up play to get a free play in before the 2 min warning. that way, you throw it in the endzone and if its incomplete you have another few plays before the 2 min warning. by huddling up you essentially lose a timeout

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Erik Pollard's elbow laughs at Aaron Brown's Elbow.

That's too many injuries man...Ya'll should have quit and had Somnia play the CPU. It's ok to have 1 or 2, but 5 plays, multiple weeks, ALL OFFENSE...

fuck

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ds you should have blitzed the shit out of him on that final 3rd down, what did you have to lose?

also, when you completed that pass inside the 5 with about 2:24 left you should have done a hurry up play to get a free play in before the 2 min warning. that way, you throw it in the endzone and if its incomplete you have another few plays before the 2 min warning. by huddling up you essentially lose a timeout
Stop stealing my wordz!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

You are right and I thought about it. But, in my past, doing the hurry up would increase my likelihood of injuries. I wasn't about to increase it anymore. My 2 and 3 WRs are out and my 1 and 2 HBs. Plus my FB. At that point I was just trying to get out of the game without another injury. Sounds crazy I know. But seeing the cart 4 times in one game will do that.

With all that said, my D played well, but gave up the big play to Witten. Buchanon fumbling that punt for the TD ended up being huge. HUGE.

Fifty

I think that in the spirit of the Holidays, we should all donate a starter to Dskillz :lol

How many games have been played post-patch? I really hope the increase in injuries isn't a real issue. They were just about perfect as it stood. If Joey Keller's 32 injury rating meets an increased injuries patch, I might as well start building his coffin.

Nightz

BigAT said:
O_O After seeing all the injuries on the last couple of pages, I fear for my player's lives.

Oh, and I cry myself to sleep everytime a new roster update comes out for Madden. I wish my players improved this much :(

madden10roster10c.jpg

Fifty

A) Who of the other commishes is going to be around at 9 pacific tomorrow night?

B) How the hell do I assign the role to someone else? I can't find the option in-game or on the site.

P.S: Nightz, I do feel for you. I think your team, more than any other, has suffered from the lack of roster updates in this franchise.

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
I think that in the spirit of the Holidays, we should all donate a starter to Dskillz :lol

How many games have been played post-patch? I really hope the increase in injuries isn't a real issue. They were just about perfect as it stood. If Joey Keller's 32 injury rating meets an increased injuries patch, I might as well start building his coffin.

Wellie and I had a bunch of guys go down. Bjax, Girley, Sanders, Nicks, Mack Attack, and a bunch more

Fifty said:

in my game against storybook (post patch) there was only 1 injury and that was to Sjax. he was out a couple plays and then came back. i just think this lions had a freak rash of injuries because there have been a few games played post patch and none had those types of injuries

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Wellie and I had a bunch of guys go down. Bjax, Girley, Sanders, Nicks, Mack Attack, and a bunch more
Jake and Smith went down multiple times. Atkinson my rook center, Nicks, Sanders, Girley, Mack, Boss, Manningham, Barnes, and Dockery. It was all 2-3 plays but still way above the norm.

Someone is going to end up losing a franchise QB on a late hit or something.

Wellington said:
Jake and Smith went down multiple times. Atkinson my rook center, Nicks, Sanders, Girley, Mack, Boss, Manningham, Barnes, and Dockery. It was all 2-3 plays but still way above the norm.

Someone is going to end up losing a franchise QB on a late hit or something.

be a real shame if it was Eli..... a real shame!

p.s. guys keep an eye on this and if it is becoming an epidemic i could always turn injuries off. i hate to do that because they are a part of the game but TOO many is ridiculous and EA doesn't give us extra spots for IR players

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:eek:

Shit I feel like giving Moss to Dskillz, but with my luck AJ would get hurt next game and be out for the rest of the season.

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. guys keep an eye on this and if it is becoming an epidemic i could always turn injuries off. i hate to do that because they are a part of the game but TOO many is ridiculous and EA doesn't give us extra spots for IR players

Can you release an injured player? Couldn't we use FA as a sort of IR to free up a roster spot...with the understanding the player would be re-signed after the season?

EDIT: Weird, half of my post disappeared!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Well buddy, that's how your pal Astro got that W over me. You'd only be have been ahead!

Rorschach

Keep in mind that IR means out for the entire season.

Also, we've only had 3 superstars go down that I can think of: Brady, AD, and Palmer. I've personally only had 1 multiple game injury in two seasons.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Keep in mind that IR means out for the entire season.

Also, we've only had 3 superstars go down that I can think of: Brady, AD, and Palmer. I've personally only had 1 multiple game injury in two seasons.
Eli Manning broham. With him the Giants are 7-2. Without him 2-1.

I lost Jacobs and Bradshaw for a couple of games last year. I've shut down Jacobs after three quarters in some games, now I will be even more cautious!

Striker

Birdman,

That's an interesting take.

I would love for injuries to remain on. It adds to the Franchise part of it. Without injuries, we're just playing Season Modes with LeagueDaddy built in, and our own seasoning of FA/Draft.

For my team, I haven't even had an injury longer than 2 weeks, I think. Last season I had a player out of action one or two weeks, and no more. No other injuries past quarter hitters and what not.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Eli Manning broham. With him the Giants are 7-2. Without him 2-1.

I lost Jacobs and Bradshaw for a couple of games last year. I've shut down Jacobs after three quarters in some games, now I will be even more cautious!
That's a career low for Jacobs! ;b

How long did Manning go out? 3 games? I forgot about him. Ok, 4 superstars!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone want to scrimmage?

TheCrow

Striker said:
Birdman,

That's an interesting take.

I would love for injuries to remain on. It adds to the Franchise part of it. Without injuries, we're just playing Season Modes with LeagueDaddy built in, and our own seasoning of FA/Draft.

For my team, I haven't even had an injury longer than 2 weeks, I think. Last season I had a player out of action one or two weeks, and no more. No other injuries past quarter hitters and what not.

You just jinxed Sneed. :lol

Matrix

AstroLad said:
i'll play you just got in from my flight :D

Ok cool.

You can be home, just send the invite.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Anyone want to play as the Titans vs me when the league advances? I'll probably end up getting my arse handed to me. :(

I will, it's only fair.

Rorschach

Well, whichever one of you two is available as soon as FMT flips the switch! Tie breaker goes to Luke since he replied first. :X

It's gonna be painful either way. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck this shit. Im definitely resting my guys after i clinch the East and the #1 seed now. keeping my guys in to try for 16-0 isnt worth missing them for the playoffs. Its gonna be the Vick and McCoy show the last few games of the season

Top Bottom