• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

fuck i need to concentrate and put all my efforts into winning these last 4 games and let the chips fall where they may.

every game is going to be tough. bluemax always plays me tough, i still have to play the packers, cowboys, and panthers (facing nate D! i turned my back on him and now he will keep me out of the playoffs as punishment!)

bluemax when can you play tomorrow?

Fifty

It's going to be a crazy last four weeks in the AFC wildcard race. I'm not being Eeyore when I say that my chances are very slim, and that I need to count on Ramirez choking his 1 game lead to me in the division race, in order to make the playoffs.

Lonestar's emergence this season has put him in the #1 wildcard seed, but that might change with 2 of his four games being against the Bills and Raiders (huh? Oh yeah, this is Madden)

The #6 seed is a wild fight between myself (maybe Ramirez, if I get insanely lucky), Rorschach, and Smokey. I'd lose 8 games out of every 10 against those two guys, so I'm not expecting any post-season ticket sales. Then again, anything can happen!

I'm going to spend these next four games injecting Ray Lewis with Calf Hormones, in order for him not to retire this off-season!

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
Fuck this shit. Im definitely resting my guys after i clinch the East and the #1 seed now. keeping my guys in to try for 16-0 isnt worth missing them for the playoffs. Its gonna be the Vick and McCoy show the last few games of the season

tony_dungy.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Astrolad, though the amount of pressure you could get with Dockett since you were manually controlling him was absurd. It almost felt like you were blitzing all game, that's how bad it was.

The Texans non league team O-line can't defend against that, so you were in my face all game. I could only really complete passes to Slaton on screens cause I couldn't get the ball off in time which led to disgusting passes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah it was one of those were every pass schaub threw into any coverage whatsoever was picked (i've certainly had those games with warner too).

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I will say though that the first int I threw with Schaub was all my fault, I lobbed the ball in the air *it sorta just floated* and I think it went a total of 4 yards before you user picked it.

Total brain fart on my side and most likely the easiest pass anyone could pick off.

AstroLad said:
ps sable let me know when you wanna play tom. morning. i'll get up special just for it but let me know b/c i get in at 1 or 2 tonight and i'm just going to sleep in otherwise and we can play around 11 or noonish est or later. dankie.
I gotta take my car in at 830 ill be available after that. Hopefully you decided to just sleep in and well play at 11. Sorry I didn't respond last night

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm not resting shit! Balls to the wall like the real Giants in 2007!!

Three games left and it looks like Sable/Astro is going early this afternoon. When are Broncos/Chiefs and Vikings/Skins going to get played?

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
fuck i need to concentrate and put all my efforts into winning these last 4 games and let the chips fall where they may.

every game is going to be tough. bluemax always plays me tough, i still have to play the packers, cowboys, and panthers (facing nate D! i turned my back on him and now he will keep me out of the playoffs as punishment!)

bluemax when can you play tomorrow?

Probably sometime in the morning or afternoon.

Smokey

Fifty said:
It's going to be a crazy last four weeks in the AFC wildcard race. I'm not being Eeyore when I say that my chances are very slim, and that I need to count on Ramirez choking his 1 game lead to me in the division race, in order to make the playoffs.

Lonestar's emergence this season has put him in the #1 wildcard seed, but that might change with 2 of his four games being against the Bills and Raiders (huh? Oh yeah, this is Madden)

The #6 seed is a wild fight between myself (maybe Ramirez, if I get insanely lucky), Rorschach, and Smokey. I'd lose 8 games out of every 10 against those two guys, so I'm not expecting any post-season ticket sales. Then again, anything can happen!

I'm going to spend these next four games injecting Ray Lewis with Calf Hormones, in order for him not to retire this off-season!

Ehhhhhhhhh I don't know if I'll make it. Lonestar needs to stumble along the way, and for the 2nd wildcard spot I think rors is probably ahead of me so he needs to lose. I've got Colts, Rams, Chiefs, and Cards as my final 4 games. I need to win out for me to have any kind of chance.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
name your price for haynesworth (for an offseason trade of course!)

Are we talking offseason trade before the draft? Let's hear what picks you are offering. Has to be at least a first and 2nd round pick.

DCX

DCX
ahhhh spectator mode pls EA, pls!!!!

Cards take the lead, Saints must have little to no time left to score!!

38-35

DCX

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
did you mean saturday or sunday? all games will be done in about an hour and i'll be around. but if you meant tomorrow i'll be around too

Oh I thought you meant Sunday, I can probably play later tonight. Gotta go apartment hunting and what not today.

dang, well you did your best saints :(

bluemax anytime today or tomorrow is fine. i'll be gone today until about 5 pm pst, but i'll be home after that. tomorrow i'll be around all day since the niners play on MNF this week

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
jesus christ you can't even properly describe all the crazy shit that happened in that game. let's just put it this way, at the end i was driving to get into FG range to kick a winner. beanie with a medium little rush at the middle, seems routine, then FUMBLE. sable takes it back and kills some clock, looks like i will have 30 seconds to get a tying TD. then BOOTH CHALLENGE and the play is overturned. and that probably wasn't even one of the top 5 craziest plays

Fuck, gg astro. Yeah that game was crazy, I'm watching the replay of that meachem catch I challenged and it looks like a catch to me. There was a part of the game where wells and bush had 80 yard td runs back to back. Sorry fmt I tried to return the favor but one bad quarter (negative yards) doomed me

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
jesus christ you can't even properly describe all the crazy shit that happened in that game. let's just put it this way, at the end i was driving to get into FG range to kick a winner. beanie with a medium little rush at the middle, seems routine, then FUMBLE. sable takes it back and kills some clock, looks like i will have 30 seconds to get a tying TD. then BOOTH CHALLENGE and the play is overturned. and that probably wasn't even one of the top 5 craziest plays
Holy shit! I'd be on suicide watch i that happened to me :lol :lol

DCX

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Ehhhhhhhhh I don't know if I'll make it. Lonestar needs to stumble along the way, and for the 2nd wildcard spot I think rors is probably ahead of me so he needs to lose. I've got Colts, Rams, Chiefs, and Cards as my final 4 games. I need to win out for me to have any kind of chance.

You'll beat me! I'm tanking for a pick

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sableholic said:
Fuck, gg astro. Yeah that game was crazy, I'm watching the replay of that meachem catch I challenged and it looks like a catch to me. There was a part of the game where wells and bush had 80 yard td runs back to back. Sorry fmt I tried to return the favor but one bad quarter (negative yards) doomed me
yeah vgg i thought that overturn was weird too when i saw it though i didn't look at the replay. i mean you had like four penalties on kick returns too. refs didn't like you. i won't say they hated you, but they didn't like you that much.

there were a couple points where i thought i might clinch the game at the end there. i think meachem or someone caught it over the middle and just got destroyed by rolle (in a way you see all the time in the nfl but rarely in madden), FUMBLE, but then my dudes couldn't get their hands on it. think there was another fumble non-recovery too but too much happened for me to remember in detail. dropped picks and stuff but those don't really bother me as i think there are already enough INTs in the game. other than a strong first quarter just could not get any breathing room ever.

the back to back was nuts and yet in a way you knew it would happen. no idea why i played pass D on that play.

couple other funny notes:
i hate playing d in the last minute before halftime. for some reasons offenses just go into -GOD MODE then or so it seems to me. so when i got that pick with drc i tried to kill as much clock as i could so i could have all the mo going into the second half. were like 30 secs left maybe? didn't matter!

i had some pretty mediocre kicking all game. not bad but for whatever reason i kept missing full power. i thought in the 3rd if i have to kick a FG to win i'm fucked. i think i had psyched myself out so much that i was past being psyched out back to being calm. didn't help that bush was back there waiting to run it back for a td if i came up short. that might have been what pushed my psyched-outedness over the edge

AstroLad said:
yeah vgg i thought that overturn was weird too when i saw it though i didn't look at the replay. i mean you had like four penalties on kick returns too. refs didn't like you. i won't say they hated you, but they didn't like you that much.

there were a couple points where i thought i might clinch the game at the end there. i think meachem or someone caught it over the middle and just got destroyed by rolle (in a way you see all the time in the nfl but rarely in madden), FUMBLE, but then my dudes couldn't get their hands on it. think there was another fumble non-recovery too but too much happened for me to remember in detail. dropped picks and stuff but those don't really bother me as i think there are already enough INTs in the game. other than a strong first quarter just could not get any breathing room ever.

the back to back was nuts and yet in a way you knew it would happen. no idea why i played pass D on that play.

couple other funny notes:
i hate playing d in the last minute before halftime. for some reasons offenses just go into -GOD MODE then or so it seems to me. so when i got that pick with drc i tried to kill as much clock as i could so i could have all the mo going into the second half. were like 30 secs left maybe? didn't matter!

i had some pretty mediocre kicking all game. not bad but for whatever reason i kept missing full power. i thought in the 3rd if i have to kick a FG to win i'm fucked. i think i had psyched myself out so much that i was past being psyched out back to being calm. didn't help that bush was back there waiting to run it back for a td if i came up short. that might have been what pushed my psyched-outedness over the edge

yeah the refs were out to get me. Every kickoff was a damn holding penalty, same dude a bunch of times to. Fucking fullback. That's why i didn't bother to try returning it at the end of the game and fair caught it instead. I figured even if i get a td here, they'll call it back so might as well conserve some time.

I find it funny that the league site even lists that greer play as a td, man that really sucked. I was all pumped thinking i just pulled it out and wham overturned and i lose.

yea it was meachem i think, and then colston immediately picked it up. Not sure on the other one.

kinda mad i couldn't pull that one out. I ended up with the ball after tieing it up 35-35 with probably 4-5 mins left and couldn't get any points out of it. bye bye playoffs hello better draft pick. And portis out for the year means my other first will be a good one as well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
is the broncos chiefs game going to be played? anyone know the status?
yeah play this! i play broncos next to give them their first REAL loss (you can thank me later cb).

depends when it gets done. i have some people coming over for ufc tonight so i can play before that.

Fifty

Matrix isn't the Chiefs. It's Peterboi (he of the unplayed game against a CPU) vs Denver's 1992 modem. I'd advance now, but FMT's the commish again! Groannn

BigAT said:
Are we advancing now or waiting for Crow and Matrix to disconnect against each other a few times first?

lol matrix isn't the chiefs! ive forgotten that a few times too.

anyways, i want to give them a chance to play, don't want to just advance :/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I probably would have made the playoffs last year, if I hadn't lost Brady for 4 games, all losses. I actually have less talent this year (mostly on defense). I will tank the rest of the season for a first round pick!

Top Bottom