• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

I play each play with Joey Keller as if it is his last. Maybe that's why he's so good. People laughed at me for picking a RB with a 32 injury rating (by far the worst in the league) but now he has over 20 TDs, despite having missed 3 games and only getting the ball on slightly more than 1/3 of my carries. Even if he goes out next game, I will always remember and cherish our time together.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I play each play with Joey Keller as if it is his last. Maybe that's why he's so good. People laughed at me for picking a RB with a 32 injury rating (by far the worst in the league) but now he has over 20 TDs, despite having missed 3 games and only getting the ball on slightly more than 1/3 of my carries. Even if he goes out next game, I will always remember and cherish our time together.
Well, you were the perfect candidate to take him because you have 20 running backs. Just hope he doesn't meet Mitchell again or he dies.

Ramirez

DCX said:
Way to stay alive bro! Good way to bounce back from a terrible game to save your playoff hopes against an even better team!

DCX

Please, the only reason DM beat me was due to the game deeming it necessary. ;)

Mrbob

Somnia leading FMT 24 to 17 as the 4th starts. Another game with potential playoff implications going down to the wire.

Mrbob

FMT down late, the dream is dead? Astro now has a inside shot at the division.

CB down 14 to 0 early. 2nd quarter just starting.

Mrbob

LukeSmith said:
38-24

I guess Somnia doesn't speak English

english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

lol hilarious game. first play of the game i strip somnia and have 4 guys there, no one decides to pick it up and dallas recovers, a microcosm for the game.

time after time romo is given as much time as he needs to throw. blitz the house? no problem, pocket will hold up. receivers running wide open even in man defense. roy williams covered like a blanket multiple times but somehow the pass is completed. 3 defenders in a zone on wittens first TD, no attempt to swat the ball or pick it. on and on and on!

meanwhile the dallas defenders had something like 11 passes defensed. the only time i could move the ball was passing to my TE's because they were usually open due to blitzing from LB's. getting receivers the ball was not happening with those cb's. then, as im driving with about a minute left to possibly score and get a timeout, i pass to my WR running a deep out and i throw before he cuts, ball looks like its completed and i swear it warped through his stomach into the CB's arms. probably deserved it after a few dropped picks earlier but come on.

my defense just can't get stops. if i play coverage, people are eventually wide open and i get no pressure. if i try to pressure the line still holds up long enough for completion. i need some cb help in the draft!

but gg somnia, just wasn't my day or season!

Somnia

GG FMT...great job stopping my run game (except that one long Felix run). Felt like everything was going right for me offensively for the first time in a long time there. On the other hand it felt like my defense was just laying down against you sometimes.

By far the plays of the game for me:

Austin TD
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14481379 (which shows what you are talking about, balls going right into places being defended.)

Felix TD
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14481383

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol hilarious game. first play of the game i strip somnia and have 4 guys there, no one decides to pick it up and dallas recovers, a microcosm for the game.

time after time romo is given as much time as he needs to throw. blitz the house? no problem, pocket will hold up. receivers running wide open even in man defense. roy williams covered like a blanket multiple times but somehow the pass is completed. 3 defenders in a zone on wittens first TD, no attempt to swat the ball or pick it. on and on and on!

meanwhile the dallas defenders had something like 11 passes defensed. the only time i could move the ball was passing to my TE's because they were usually open due to blitzing from LB's. getting receivers the ball was not happening with those cb's. then, as im driving with about a minute left to possibly score and get a timeout, i pass to my WR running a deep out and i throw before he cuts, ball looks like its completed and i swear it warped through his stomach into the CB's arms. probably deserved it after a few dropped picks earlier but come on.

my defense just can't get stops. if i play coverage, people are eventually wide open and i get no pressure. if i try to pressure the line still holds up long enough for completion. i need some cb help in the draft!

but gg somnia, just wasn't my day or season!

Pwill for my first rounder!

LukeSmith said:
Pwill for my first rounder!

pffft pwill is the only one who showed up on my defense! infact he had 2 tackles on 1 play. he stripped marion barber for a tackle/fumble, then when the lineman picked it up he tackled him. what a badass!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
first play of the game i strip somnia and have 4 guys there, no one decides to pick it up and dallas recovers, a microcosm for the game.

Ya I don't understand what happened there. I thought it was gonna go into the mini-game with your 4 guys on the ball, but somehow one of my guys just runs over grabs it (who wasnt even near the ball to begin with).

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Holy shit that safety got DESTROYED by the FB.

Anyway, like I said FMT: see you in the fantasy league championship. Madden 09 is the Alex Smith era equivalent to your reign over the Madden leagues. From most championships to not being able to get out of a barely over .500 NFCW. :(

I like FMT's clutch dive 30 yards away from Felix in pursuit there :(

Rorschach said:
Holy shit that safety got DESTROYED by the FB.

Anyway, like I said FMT: see you in the fantasy league championship. Madden 09 is the Alex Smith era equivalent to your reign over the Madden leagues. From most championships to not being able to get out of a barely over .500 NFCW. :(

i will rebuild! coffee is a beast in this game, i just didn't have time to get him the ball. i threw a fucking ridiculous interception (not my fault, crabtree was open and for some reason english airmails it to the safety about 5 yards behind him) which put me into a 17-0 hole.

maybe i will trade gore in the offseason for a legit corner

Somnia

:lol So I go back to the main menu after our game and then shut off my 360. After making a phone call to work I turn it back on to boot up netflix and my 360 just RROD.... 6th 360 down for the count boys and girls!

No worries though I have a spare 360 so I wont miss any Madden games :D

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe i will trade gore in the offseason for a legit corner
We'll talk, friend.

LukeSmith said:
I like FMT's clutch dive 30 yards away from Felix in pursuit there :(
Clutch Hero™ takes out the only other defender that could have taken down Felix. I think it may have been Pwilly!

29zquyq.gif

:lol

Rorschach

Somnia said:
:lol So I go back to the main menu after our game and then shut off my 360. After making a phone call to work I turn it back on to boot up netflix and my 360 just RROD.... 6th 360 down for the count boys and girls!

You're a lightweight. :|

LukeSmith said:
Who's finishing the season as the Titans? Rors? LJ? I wanna know who I have to prep for
I'll get Chris Johnson his 2000 yard season if you want. I won't let Mack touch him.

BigAT

Somnia said:

Damn. How do you guys go through so many of them? I'm still on my first and only (as I completely jinx myself). Granted it was from like two years after launch, but still, SEVEN is insanity.

Birdman02

GG CB. All the breaks went my way in that one, starting with Marshall's early fumble. My guys were making the picks that your defense was dropping,

The play of the game happened with me up 10 (I think) with CB driving for a TD:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14482133

Maybe it was PI or defensive holding, but Smith jammed Marshall at the perfect moment, and the ball went right into Nelson's hand for the TAINT!

Somnia

Birdman02 said:
GG CB. All the breaks went my way in that one, starting with Marshall's early fumble. My guys were making the picks that your defense was dropping,

The play of the game happened with me up 10 (I think) with CB driving for a TD:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14482133

Maybe it was PI or defensive holding, but Smith jammed Marshall at the perfect moment, and the ball went right into Nelson's hand for the TAINT!

Was it just me or did the Eagles players in that video get really really big at the end of that play?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Luke, my internet is fucking up. If I don't post around in here around 10 pm pacific/ 1 am est that means I can't get on and play and we will have to play Saturday I guess.

Birdman02

Somnia said:
Was it just me or did the Eagles players in that video get really really big at the end of that play?

:lol I saw the same thing when I saved the replay. I thought maybe something was messed up with my TV. I'm glad that's not the case.

BigAT

Somnia said:

Yeah, I've seen the same thing before on a kickoff return I made a highlight of. It seems to be something weird with the Wire camera angle and long replays. Everything goes all funhouse mirror and shit.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Luke, my internet is fucking up. If I don't post around in here around 10 pm pacific/ 1 am est that means I can't get on and play and we will have to play Saturday I guess.

Alright! Birdman's win assures your victory!

Top Bottom